Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Me correcting the grammar of others is simply nautre taking its curse.

You are a cruel bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I really hope they all think they are Peter Pan hats though.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rollofthedice posted:

please

i would rather die than wear a peter pan hat

what an odd thing to say lol

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

This thread seems self-eviscerating. Was it like this in 2008 with the roles reversed?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

"You owe me big."

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Koalas March posted:

I cried when Obama got elected but it my first election and i'm black so i think it was warranted.

man, I wonder if I'll ever feel like that about candidate ever again. it was a great experience that ended too quickly

I got drunk and run around the main quad of my campus and was hugging random people. It was incredible. Pretty much everyone out there had volunteered for the campaign too. And this was like 2 weeks after the Phillies won the world series.

I had a really awesome 2008.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
CA Delegates: "IM STILL MAD THOUGH"

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

there's no way you've never worn one

I have never worn a peter pan hat. I swear!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
We will not ????

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Charliegrs posted:

Who's the Milf sitting next to Bill Clinton. Is that his side piece?

Blonde with short hair? Cecile Richards, of Planned Parenthood. So uh, at least you know she'll be prepared.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rollofthedice posted:

please

i would rather die than wear a peter pan hat

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
The best part is all of those Bernie supporters who are going to say "gently caress that" and stay home, helping to ensure the Trump landslide

These forums will have salt sign the likes of which we have never seen

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Those are some jarring shoulderpads.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What's with all the Peter Pan hats?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

We will not yield? Maybe?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

axeil posted:

I got drunk and run around the main quad of my campus and was hugging random people. It was incredible. Pretty much everyone out there had volunteered for the campaign too. And this was like 2 weeks after the Phillies won the world series.

I had a really awesome 2008.

The water polo players across the hall put a fist sized hole in the wall outside of their dorm room

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Charliegrs posted:

Who's the Milf sitting next to Bill Clinton. Is that his side piece?
Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bernie cool and good to the "end" (he'll likely show up on the campaign trail)

Anyway, a Tale of Two Conventions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrVeWrT0Fnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikM_WXBpwow

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Spacebump posted:

What's with all the Peter Pan hats?

Robin Hood, probably

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bef posted:

the USA is way too big to explode all at once. at that point you're just nuking the planet

Too big to fail? I don't disagree--maybe I should say simply I'd sure like a lot less of the whole shooting of black people and police officers and maybe the whole creepy body armor riot police armies and the weird invasive drug searching policies and y'know what, I don't like secret watch lists, or death panels either. Maybe none of the domestic spying and none of the locking up people who smoke weed and y'know what maybe stop locking up people unless they steal from or hurt other people? Maybe quit with the whole throwing every other person in a cage.

You'd also end the chokehold the pharmaceutical companies have over mental healthcare, with access to a far safer alternative to anxiety medications or painkillers, which would in turn help alleviate a lot of the corporate pressure on doctors to push more painkillers to more people, creating legal drug addicts and

Really you could solve a good sixty percent of this country's most pressing problems and I must sincerely stress you could do this immediately.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Josh Lyman posted:

so she's good to go

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy
Someone grab the bag, jesus.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

bef posted:

what an odd thing to say lol

im dadchat's resident twee baker

its a unique niche but i fill it with gusto

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

oswald ownenstein posted:

The best part is all of those Bernie supporters who are going to say "gently caress that" and stay home, helping to ensure the Trump landslide

man yeah we're really hosed if all four of those guys who are chanting stay home

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

:redass:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm sorry Mr Robot. I guess you've never experienced being heavily invested in a goal. Must be nice to be so coldly calculating.

I mean I've volunteered and still been on the losing end of a vote before but I didn't throw a teary fit about it in 2004 or 2010.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

Uh, you mean Robin Hood?
I'd lean towards the guy who didn't want to grow up for their inspiration.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/25/the-democratic-convention-is-chaotic-the-democratic-base-isnt/

:fuckoff:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Did this woman step out of a portal from the 1990's

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

nutranurse posted:

Eat a dick. Misogyny is misogyny.

Also you cant be misognynist against white girls

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Josh Lyman posted:

Awesome, so you don't gotta worry about getting her pregnant.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

The water polo players across the hall put a fist sized hole in the wall outside of their dorm room

In...in celebration right? :ohdear:

When they called Ohio I started screaming and running around my apartment before running outside. I think I may have also spilled my beer everywhere.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

so she's good to go

UGH I already made that joke :mad: this is worse than the DNC stealing Bernie's votes!!!!

ETA

greatn posted:

Awesome, so you don't gotta worry about getting her pregnant.

Ya'll are hacks.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
This was a fantastic first day.

I wish these people would shut up during the Rabbi's speech though.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So is Tpp dead or what?

Will they actually try and pass it in the lame duck session?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Blue Star posted:

Also you cant be misognynist against white girls

#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

JohnnySavs posted:

Why are there so many Peter Pan hats?

I thought they were Robin Hood hats, cause Bernie steals from the rich and gives to the poor

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Aurubin posted:

This thread seems self-eviscerating. Was it like this in 2008 with the roles reversed?

All else aside, Obama ran on a high-road campaign based around party unity and positivity to differentiate himself from the status quo, whereas Sanders went for a more direct, confrontational approach. Both are valid options, but it meant that Sanders had his fair share of idealistic first-timers who internalized that us vs. them angle and it's made general discourse a lot more bitter.

2008 was still a mess, though. That was my first big election and I was plugged into the news drip almost all day, every day. It's no way to live.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

haha gently caress trump isn't going to win, and not in a landslide. i love bernie but get over yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

other than you melting down tonight you mean

(also not happening lol)

• Locked thread