Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Endorph posted:

anyway i dont play poverty fighters, i play good games

incongruent statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

http://ascii-middle-finger.com/

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Mintergalactic posted:

No netplay is the ultimate form of poverty

Reminder that PS3 and PS4 Blade Arcus versions were games released in TYOOL 2015 with no netplay. They added netplay specially for the Steam release.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

ft10 grudge match

winner gets uniel

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Blade Arcus is a complete nothing of a game.

Is E's Laf still a thing?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
it's hosed up that sion gets to combo into air throw but akatsuki can't

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

join the discord so i can ban you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think you guys are misunderstanding the statement

'i just play games that are good, i don't seek out poverty fighters'

not

'i don't play poverty fighters, i play good games, which poverty fighters aren't'

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

i think you guys are misunderstanding the statement

'i just play games that are good, i don't seek out poverty fighters'

not

'i don't play poverty fighters, i play good games, which poverty fighters aren't'

its too late you've already made the bad post

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Quite literally zero ambiguity in the statement

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

brian posted:

Quite literally zero ambiguity in the statement
unlike my brutal nrvnqsr mixups that im about to pwn you with fucker

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Don't worry i'd rather cut off my balls than play melty

brian fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 26, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Would rather play someone in the realest poverty fighter, Dino Rex

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Evo Co-Founder Seth Killian Talks To Yahoo! Esports About Evo 2016, Street Fighter V, As Well As Joining Riot Games

the state of the world orz

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

brian posted:

Don't worry i'd rather cut off my balls than play melty

Proceed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

big bang beat was actually cool to play but it never got a caster

big bang beat had horrible system design but that game had some dope animation and button feel was super good. it was pretty good for messing around in for a while.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Hey so speaking of poverty

What's that one anime game that's incredibly zoomed in, like the characters take up 90% of the screen at any given time? Also I think it had paper doll / joint-based animation.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

HMS Boromir posted:

What's that one anime game that's incredibly zoomed in, like the characters take up 90% of the screen at any given time? Also I think it had paper doll / joint-based animation.

Gleam of Force?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16AgXn8VsaA

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
That's the one, thanks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HMS Boromir posted:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 :grin: :troll:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

For when you think poverty couldn't get worse.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is it more poverty than CyberGladiators?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwZP9kGxQzQ

I suspect not.

I was going to say that the real poverty fighter was Fx Fighter but it actually doesn't look as lovely as I remember it (which is damning with faint praise):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6KmDfYBzwA

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

RichterIX posted:

I was going to say that the real poverty fighter was Fx Fighter but it actually doesn't look as lovely as I remember it (which is damning with faint praise):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6KmDfYBzwA

yo drat, throwback, I played the poo poo out of this as a kid and it ran like complete rear end. I completely forgot it existed until now.

e: haha it came with the Diamond Monster 3d which is almost definitely how we got it

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 26, 2016

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Baal posted:

Proceed

Nah thanks, unlike melty players I actually have a use for them occasionally

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
how DARE you..!!!!!

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

boxcarhobo posted:

yo drat, throwback, I played the poo poo out of this as a kid and it ran like complete rear end. I completely forgot it existed until now.

e: haha it came with the Diamond Monster 3d which is almost definitely how we got it

the best part is the characters faces floating in front of their heads like some kind of ghostly mask

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Would rather play someone in the realest poverty fighter, Dino Rex

I thought poverty games had to have some kind of redeeming quality to them

Anyway, the king of poverty is One Must Fall 2097

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Saoshyant posted:

For when you think poverty couldn't get worse.

the game's actually legit quite fun and good but christ is it anime poverty as all gently caress

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's by French Bread right? It looks like RBO which is a sick game so it's probably badass

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Countblanc posted:

It's by French Bread right? It looks like RBO which is a sick game so it's probably badass

Yeah, it's a French Bread game but it's pretty legit good. It's got parries so brian should obviously love it, it's got a variety of completely ridiculous and initially incomprehensible system mechanics which is how you know it's a french bread game, poo poo like "light attacks cannot kill and will make a combo unable to kill unless you are in In-Fight Mode but still only heavies can actually KO." and I'm gonna be honest I still know what the essential differences are between In-Fighter, Out Boxer and Old Style are but it's fun, it's fast, you can play mindgames and you probably won't play another fighter quite like it

the biggest actual problem the game has besides being mechanically dense and hard to read at a glance is that the way the game handles Guts is completely loving retarded. On the one hand, it means matches are never over until they are actually over, which is tense and cool, but on the other, it reeks of bullshit when you land three or four good combos to slam your opponent down to one health and they land one good clean counter-hit and literally 100-0 you because it scales damage according to your health when the combo started and being on low health makes you do more damage so anyone on the magic pixel can straight up 100-0 the other guy off a clean hit but only if the other guy is on 100, if they're at like, 40 or something, the combo probably won't quite do it. Figure that poo poo out.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yeah, it's a French Bread game but it's pretty legit good. It's got parries so brian should obviously love it, it's got a variety of completely ridiculous and initially incomprehensible system mechanics which is how you know it's a french bread game, poo poo like "light attacks cannot kill and will make a combo unable to kill unless you are in In-Fight Mode but still only heavies can actually KO." and I'm gonna be honest I still know what the essential differences are between In-Fighter, Out Boxer and Old Style are but it's fun, it's fast, you can play mindgames and you probably won't play another fighter quite like it

the biggest actual problem the game has besides being mechanically dense and hard to read at a glance is that the way the game handles Guts is completely loving retarded. On the one hand, it means matches are never over until they are actually over, which is tense and cool, but on the other, it reeks of bullshit when you land three or four good combos to slam your opponent down to one health and they land one good clean counter-hit and literally 100-0 you because it scales damage according to your health when the combo started and being on low health makes you do more damage so anyone on the magic pixel can straight up 100-0 the other guy off a clean hit but only if the other guy is on 100, if they're at like, 40 or something, the combo probably won't quite do it. Figure that poo poo out.

I bitched about guts when I first started playing Xrd but that is just dumb as gently caress. It seems almost like that, and instant kills in GG:Xrd are both solutions to a problem that didn't necessarily require changes or alternate systems being added by the developers but IKs at least have the mercy of being way easier to understand(you get hit by it you lose the match, easy.).

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

BattleHamster posted:

Signed up. I assume this is being run on Fightcade and not steam UM ver?

I've been reading the amazingly well-written KOF98 wiki and practicing Kim's stomp cancel in preparation for the big Fightcade tourney tomorrow at 10pm EST

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Watching the KOF98 intro and thinking how crazy of a time it was when your company had to compete with other attract modes

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I like that baseball girl, she's very Rival Schools.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Reiley posted:

I like that baseball girl, she's very Rival Schools.

Totally forgot Rival Schools existed until now. Didn't that come in a double CD package back in the day?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Ultramega posted:

I bitched about guts when I first started playing Xrd but that is just dumb as gently caress. It seems almost like that, and instant kills in GG:Xrd are both solutions to a problem that didn't necessarily require changes or alternate systems being added by the developers but IKs at least have the mercy of being way easier to understand(you get hit by it you lose the match, easy.).

what do you mean by instant kills being a solution to a problem

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

brian posted:

Nah thanks, unlike melty players I actually have a use for them occasionally
i don't have balls

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ultramega posted:

Totally forgot Rival Schools existed until now. Didn't that come in a double CD package back in the day?

I don't remember too clearly. A friend got me Project Justice on Dreamcast as a birthday gift once, those were the halcyon days...

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Mintergalactic posted:

what do you mean by instant kills being a solution to a problem

In that it's meant to instill a sense of tension and a sort of x-factor into a match even when one player is dominating? I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually pulled one off but it's possible to incorporate one into a combo. Personally I think they're stupid and gimmicky but it's still one of the things that makes GG its own distinct thing and not another KoF/SFII clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hopefully no one here has Ballz, it sucks