Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I bought ds rhythm heaven so i can continue to rhythm it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got to the invisible boss in the phazon mines, i hadnt saved in ages and he kicked my loving rear end since i was already low on health so i rage quit for the night. my first death...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

there must be a save point in that area before that room but if there is it took real skill to miss it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

I bought ds rhythm heaven so i can continue to rhythm it up

that game owns but gently caress the moai stage

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

i got to the invisible boss in the phazon mines, i hadnt saved in ages and he kicked my loving rear end since i was already low on health so i rage quit for the night. my first death...

this guy totally crushed me when I was young

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there must be a save point in that area before that room but if there is it took real skill to miss it

nope, the first save room from the start is after that boss, it's a long scary trek

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

nope, the first save room from the start is after that boss, it's a long scary trek

gah!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

one of them is allegedly done & coming out for real next month

yeah, in 12 days apparently. thats cool, it looked alright

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's the toughest part of the game by far, i think everyone gets wrecked by the trooper tunnels their first few times

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i didnt think about it at the time but is the wave buster the best weapon to use on that boss? i currently have 105 missiles but no idea if it will home or not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's the only way to beat him if you're sequence breaking and skipped all the extra visors, since it homes on without having to lock on to him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also I think the ice combo shot is the strongest single shot weapon in the game but you can't it w/o sequence breaking, oops. Realized that on the middle of the typing it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

it's the only way to beat him if you're sequence breaking and skipped all the extra visors, since it homes on without having to lock on to him

it appears my powerful gamer brain has solved another devious metroid puzzle

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also i forgot to mention but the missile pack you get by jumping onto an invisible platform to just read the gap behind a tree is loving horseshit and its actually incredible i worked that out without a guide of any sort

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sonics loving gay except the cool 90s ones. anyone whos a sonic fan now is a fagnerd lmao. idiots

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oops i left that house ovfer the weekend and missed the final splatfest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also i forgot to mention but the missile pack you get by jumping onto an invisible platform to just read the gap behind a tree is loving horseshit and its actually incredible i worked that out without a guide of any sort

there's a lot of invisible platforms and walls in MP1 you've probably walked by a few already

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Argh! I forgot too! gently caress,nthats what I get for leaving my house and not stayed ng inside and playing Splatoon 24/7. *picks up pre-order limited edition squirt gun and starts smacking myself in the head with it" Stupid! Stupid! Stupid argh!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Argh! I forgot too! gently caress,nthats what I get for leaving my house and not stayed ng inside and playing Splatoon 24/7. *picks up pre-order limited edition squirt gun and starts smacking myself in the head with it" Stupid! Stupid! Stupid argh!!

Lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

marie won and it was all thanks to me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Marie winning was a given.. They held the competition for appearances

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

wave buster completely destroyed that cloaked bastard. now i im back to exploring every new area i can access since im playing with the hint system off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Marie winning was a given.. They held the competition for appearances

I voted for Callie but I was out for town for the weekend and unable to murk which is why she lost.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

this

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

P-Mack posted:

I played so much when I was a dumb kid with a big gray game boy, so I can't truly hate it. The endless sections of wandering around a big room with the sticky ball were awful tho

This is actually why I hate it. I think I played it for like a year without beating it and getting lost all the time and just running all over the entire world again looking for a wall to bomb or something. Also when you're 5 a year is a pretty significant portion of your life

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

absolutely anything posted:

sonic mania's being made by the dude who did the sonic cd steam port and ios sonic1&2 ports and it'll probably use that same engine, so it'll play right. im just worried about the level design because they added a new stage in sonic 2 ios and it was pretty bad

it still has a better initial shot of being good than any sonic game announced in the last 15 or so years

nintendo

I thought the guy didn't design the stage himself it was the leftover stage that had data in the game files but never made it out

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I thought the guy didn't design the stage himself it was the leftover stage that had data in the game files but never made it out

nah the one in the ios version is a new one act stage with a new boss and neither are very good. you can get the original prototype stage if you put a code in sound test though

also one of the companies involved with sonic mania, pagoda west, is made up of a bunch of people who worked on the sonic 2 hd fan remake that got hosed up because the programmer was a psycho, most notably the art director and music guy. it looks like the music is going for a sonic cd jp feel and they're totally nailing it its real good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWzIAxy4PLI

nintendo

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 26, 2016

Soral
May 30, 2009

Nintendo's upcoming NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers, a number of sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.

Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.

A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A Vita but Nintendo sounds loving awesome, so excited.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

Nintendo's upcoming NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers, a number of sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.

Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.

A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

Awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

A Vita but Nintendo sounds loving awesome, so excited.

The Vita/PS4 connectivity stuff is really cool but the controller design difference makes it annoying enough to not use often and obviously the Internet element limits it. But merging both into one system with the games locally portable...loving aces

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is gonna be awesome. The new zelda game is going to be the best game ever. Nintendo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hopefully it feels more like a gamepad and not a 3ds

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If games are actually sold on old-school Game Boy-looking carts like that mockup that might be reason enough to buy this

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
that all sounds like a pretty sick way to play monster hunter

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
This does sound rather good. Shame about BC but I suppose I'll be able to pick up a dirt cheap Wii U soon.

Hopefully Nintendo gets their online service setup unfucked before launch.

TV monster hunter would be ace to play again.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HolePisser1982 posted:

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I can't believe it. Nintendo has done it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

it's cool that Sony finally made the perfect monster hunter machine and then Capcom jumped to the Ninty ship lol.