Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

PJOmega posted:

So other than the carnage unlocks and the stat changes is there any difference between the two?

Those are the only differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Systematic System posted:

Those are the only differences.

Not true they also look different!!!! :ducksiren:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Not true they also look different!!!! :ducksiren:

Tbf, I did miss the most important part.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyone know how to get to the treasure chest at the bottom part of the upper left section in the second level of the final dungeon? I've tried taking all the teleports in the quadrant but no dice.

e: never mind, figured it out

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 22, 2016

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Are microwave cooking shows a thing in Japan?

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

The reason behind it gets brought up, but I don't think so no

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't want to underestimate the political might of the Parent-Teacher Association.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

I've still got her last side quest to go. That said, I always felt it was more of a commercial series.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

You don't want to underestimate the political might of the Parent-Teacher Association.

The most horrifying thing is that it's based off a real thing that happened.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Strike a Pose is extremely busted. I think I beat the third boss of chapter 6 (Gharnef) in three rounds.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Spoilers for sixth character:
So, the new character is a little girl in bunny-themed armor, with a ghost robot buddy. Why is Draug the only one without feet?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Why is Draug the only one without feet?

Why not? Don't kickshame.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

So, the new character is a little girl in bunny-themed armor, with a ghost robot buddy. Why is Draug the only one without feet?

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
If the same character switches classes a second time, will they have access to the weapons and skills from the first one? Right now Chrom is a Conqueror. If I switch him to Great Lord, will he be able to make all the swords from both classes?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

If the same character switches classes a second time, will they have access to the weapons and skills from the first one? Right now Chrom is a Conqueror. If I switch him to Great Lord, will he be able to make all the swords from both classes?

yes

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
So, I'm in this dungeon, and we've just finished doing a bunch of sessions for Barry. Now everyone is just standing around, still in the dungeon, and texting each other on their cell phones.

Art imitates life.

I love how sidequests frequently involve someone telling you to go somewhere, instantly teleporting there, and then texting you to ask what's taking so long.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
kind of lost at the beginning of chapter 5
starting to think I missed something in the cutscene

I'm just wandering around and talking to people. I'm really good at missing stuff so it's probably super obvious. Any suggestions on how to actually get the chapter rolling?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Go and talk to all your friends it's a party man

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Ah thanks for the quick response!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Wait, so this game is not only already out, but on the friggen WiiU instead of the 3DS or Vita or something? (inb4 lol Vita).

Man, that kind of snuck up on me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SylvainMustach posted:

Ah thanks for the quick response!

I can't remember if you actually have to talk to everyone before going to check up on Tiki, but I think so

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Kashuno posted:

I can't remember if you actually have to talk to everyone before going to check up on Tiki, but I think so

You don't actually. I went and talked to her before talking to Tsubasa as the game was pushing that as the obvious thing to do and I didn't want to miss anything, as ironic as that turned out to be.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Annath posted:

Wait, so this game is not only already out, but on the friggen WiiU instead of the 3DS or Vita or something? (inb4 lol Vita).

Man, that kind of snuck up on me.

I think they tried to do it on 3DS but couldn't because it was too much for the system to handle and because Nintendo's footing the bill for this, there's no chance in hell it'll be on Vita or PS4.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't really have much to say about this game other than that I just beat chapter 4 and I'm enjoying it a lot

- I can't really think of any JRPGs where I've wanted to use all the characters but they actually pulled it off here somehow. They're all pretty likeable (I dunno about the final party member who just joined, I guess we'll see) and using everyone really pays off once open audition becomes available
- I like Itsuki a lot but it's kind of weird that he's the protagonist since everything seems to revolve around Tsubasa
- It is insane how many topic messages they put in the game. I've been playing super slow/thorough and it feels like I'll still get messages constantly even if I've been wasting time on sidequests for hours (and the topic emotes are great)
- Kiria's whole side story arc was kind of lame
- bye bye ho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Itsuki is the protagonist because he is the director.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I gotta say they did the whole "everybody gets EXP" thing with Watchfullness really well. At least coming from Pokemon X/Y where EXP.All made your entire party hilariously overleveled if you kept it on. Also the fact that changing party members is a free action in battle makes it really easy to switch them out as the fight requires.

And as much characterization as there is in this game, I really wish there were side-stories for Itsuki. He and Chrom seem pretty dull and boring so far (chapter 5) aside from occasional amazing descriptions of food if you pick the "dramatic" option.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I wish they allowed you to swap out unconscious characters. And of course upping the difficulty to compensate for the added longevity. The res-die cycle until you get lucky and they rez in a position to be swapped is very, very annoying.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xad posted:

I gotta say they did the whole "everybody gets EXP" thing with Watchfullness really well. At least coming from Pokemon X/Y where EXP.All made your entire party hilariously overleveled if you kept it on. Also the fact that changing party members is a free action in battle makes it really easy to switch them out as the fight requires.

And as much characterization as there is in this game, I really wish there were side-stories for Itsuki. He and Chrom seem pretty dull and boring so far (chapter 5) aside from occasional amazing descriptions of food if you pick the "dramatic" option.

There is no non-dramatic option, friend.

You do get a bunch of unique lines depending on the choice you pick though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

PJOmega posted:

I wish they allowed you to swap out unconscious characters. And of course upping the difficulty to compensate for the added longevity. The res-die cycle until you get lucky and they rez in a position to be swapped is very, very annoying.

yeah, this kinda annoyed me since if a slow character like Kiria died it'd be a super long uphill battle to get her out of the fight

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Help Im Alive posted:

- They're all pretty likeable (I dunno about the final party member who just joined, I guess we'll see)
The sidequests for that character are some of the best.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I should mention that this game finally made me get around to picking up Awakening (I'll likely get Birthright when I finish) but drat it's kicking my butt. Didn't think it would because on the other side of things, SMT IV and Noctutne came pretty easy to me.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Can anyone tell me where Kuzu is? Ayaha had me do a little mission to help him out, and now I'm supposed to check up on him, to make sure he's okay. UPDATE: Found him. I just went down the list of locations, talking to all the NPCs at each one. He's at Daitou TV.

I really wish this game had a decent quest tracker.

In other news, a lot of effort went into all the little music videos in this game. A cutscene theater would have been a nice addition, since there will probably be people that want to watch those again.

Lord_Pigeonbane fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 26, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Can anyone tell me where Kuzu is? Ayaha had me do a little mission to help him out, and now I'm supposed to check up on him, to make sure he's okay.

I really wish this game had a decent quest tracker.

In other news, a lot of effort went into all the little music videos in this game. A cutscene theater would have been a nice addition, since there will probably be people that want to watch those again.

What place does Ayaha tell you to go check out?

There is a video player, but it's NG+ only.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Strange Quark posted:

What place does Ayaha tell you to go check out?

There is a video player, but it's NG+ only.

I took the mission yesterday at some point, then I went and finished the first couple of steps, so today I was ready to go after the Mirage that had his performa. When I talked to Ayaha today, my main character would just say that he needed to check on Kuzu. She wouldn't repeat the info that she gave me previously.

It's good to hear that there's a video player. Are there any other features to look forward to in NG+?

Edit: I did find Kuzu. I did it the hard way.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Wow! Touma just triggered a Raging Stampede when I told him to do a Hamstring. I had no idea that the debuff from Hamstring would be applied to all of the enemies!

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

It's good to hear that there's a video player. Are there any other features to look forward to in NG+?

Lunatic difficulty unlocks, a few new costumes depending on if you get the good ending in the previous playthrough, and post game content (new optional bosses, new arena tier, and at least one new side-quest).

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Systematic System posted:

Lunatic difficulty unlocks, a few new costumes depending on if you get the good ending in the previous playthrough, and post game content (new optional bosses, new arena tier, and at least one new side-quest).

Good ending? There's more then one?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

LordVorbis posted:

Good ending? There's more then one?

There's a normal ending and a good ending that adds one scene that you get if you finish everyone's side stories and then talk to them all in the epilogue

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
After finishing this game I'm going to have to downgrade it from Very Good to merely Good. It probably culd have kept its rating if the Fire Emblem didn't feel so tacked on, or if there was a loving skip animation button for sessions, and would be upgraded to Excellent if both of those happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
I've been playing this game for a while and I still don't understand how weapon exp works. Is it based off the number of actions you take, or enemy level, or something? It takes ages to master even a basic session skill.

• Locked thread