Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's nothing irregularly shaped that I know of. My d&b just doesn't all fit with the cup flush against me. Basically there's enough of a gap on the top of the cup where it isn't flush with my skin big enough I could fit a finger in it. If I push the top flush, the gap moves to the bottom. From what I understand the cup is supposed to be flush all the way around and snug. The shape is right, but i need just a tiny bit more room I think and I'm an idiot and have no idea what to do

I think I can help u out ... i need a little more info about your penis though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

origami posted:

be honest - do you have an abnormally shaped crotch

that's a big ol' yes from this poster

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
reminder - a cup and jock is not a condom - you're not supposed to be 'excited' when putting it on

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

started watching Eddie's MTS to try to pick up some 10p stuff. All I've learned so far is that the U.S government is hiding aliens in the white house and that 9/11 was an inside job. :10bux: well spent

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Oh man, my friend who's a Sergio Penha black belt just told me Gordon Ryan and Garry Tonon are gonna be at his gym tonight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

How is the first turn at advantage determined in EBI tiebreakers?

And what happens in the unlikely event that after 3 times around that the escape/sub times are tied?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Things I did not expect when I started bjj- to lose the hair on my toes and have bald knees

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Seltzer posted:

bald knees

PM me

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

CommonShore posted:

How is the first turn at advantage determined in EBI tiebreakers?

And what happens in the unlikely event that after 3 times around that the escape/sub times are tied?

Coin flip and Eddie Bravo's head explodes.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I don't have the time to do big effortposts for Judo and Wrestling at the Olympics this year. Does anybody else want to? Otherwise I'm going to do some half assed OPs with just schedules and maybe some highlight videos.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Seltzer posted:

Things I did not expect when I started bjj- to lose the hair on my toes and have bald knees

I have two wide hairless strips along the inside of my thighs from years of guard play and while I don't practice SW much anymore it still hasn't grown back. Thanks, grappling!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Thoguh posted:

I don't have the time to do big effortposts for Judo and Wrestling at the Olympics this year. Does anybody else want to? Otherwise I'm going to do some half assed OPs with just schedules and maybe some highlight videos.

I really enjoy your effort posts if that's worth anything.

Opal posted:

I have two wide hairless strips along the inside of my thighs from years of guard play and while I don't practice SW much anymore it still hasn't grown back. Thanks, grappling!

So I can look forward to bald knees for life?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

lemonslol posted:

started watching Eddie's MTS to try to pick up some 10p stuff. All I've learned so far is that the U.S government is hiding aliens in the white house and that 9/11 was an inside job. :10bux: well spent

Martial arts in general would be a WAY better place if the worst opinion I've heard from a high level martial arts guy was 9/11 was an inside job and aliens exist.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 25, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Got suplexed last night while rolling with some kid that has wrestled since he was 3. Good times.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Here's an "I guess I'm improving" moment: the questions I've been asking blue belts in class either now having more involved answers, the answers are hedged, or they shrug and tell me to ask an upper belt.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Is it rude to my new school to not tell them I have a blue belt? I started there about a month ago, really into doing nogi right now. But I got a blue belt 12 years ago and quit immediately after. I've tapped some higher belts on the open mat, and I get asked what my rank is after every single roll; when I say white, they ask me if I am a wrestler, sambo etc. Ive been truly enjoying being a white bellt though, no pressure. I don't feel like I remember enough from when I used to train and that a lot of stuff I do just feels natural. When I signed up I told the instructor that I had done bjj before, but I didn't specify

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

lemonslol posted:

Is it rude to my new school to not tell them I have a blue belt? I started there about a month ago, really into doing nogi right now. But I got a blue belt 12 years ago and quit immediately after. I've tapped some higher belts on the open mat, and I get asked what my rank is after every single roll; when I say white, they ask me if I am a wrestler, sambo etc. Ive been truly enjoying being a white bellt though, no pressure. I don't feel like I remember enough from when I used to train and that a lot of stuff I do just feels natural. When I signed up I told the instructor that I had done bjj before, but I didn't specify

if you're going to compete under the school name I'd have a chat with them but if you're just going in and rolling who cares

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tell them you got your blue belt

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

12 years ago I could and would jack off like 10 times a day every day. if i tried to do that now sure, I could maybe recapture some of the old magic but I'd end up tearing the dick right off my body. your blue belt is much the same

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The vast majority of the problems in this thread seem like they could be resolved by having a quick conversation with the head coach.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Got to watch Garry Tonon and Gordon Ryan roll last night. Pretty cool to see a couple world class guys in action.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why's he talking about masturbating ffs

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

i know right, now i'm all hot and bothered

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Personally, I love to jack it.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Just trying to spice it up and talk about some hot man on man action

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

origami posted:

The vast majority of the problems in this thread seem like they could be resolved by having a quick conversation with the head coach.

even the cup questions?

especially the cup question

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I did talk with one of the coaches, and his response was basically "that sucks good luck" and at the end of class proceeded to choke and arm bar me a few times for good measure.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Sounds like a great place!

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Our Judo Club tells people who complains about how violent the sport is that "Ping Pong is down the hall". We used to say Yoga but thats because my Sensei hates yoga.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Our Judo Club tells people who complains about how violent the sport is that "Ping Pong is down the hall". We used to say Yoga but thats because my Sensei hates yoga.

Who would go to a fighting class and then complain that the class is about fighting :confused:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Hey, cool, the IJF did an effortpost for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hggWspDnGM

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I am on a portion control diet and just had a scrumptious meal of 1/8 pound plain white rice and 1/8 pound chicken. Of course my coworkers do a money pool to buy wings.

Life is suffering.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

ElMaligno posted:

I am on a portion control diet and just had a scrumptious meal of 1/8 pound plain white rice and 1/8 pound chicken. Of course my coworkers do a money pool to buy wings.

Life is suffering.

Eat some vegetables

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Eat some vegetables

Too early for dinner :( :( :(

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Shot in the dark. Anyone ever trained in Singapore or Bali?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Opal posted:

Sounds like a great place!

It's really awesome. Im friends with one of the pro fighters here and the owners got their dog from the same breeder as me. All the coaches are really awesome and will work one on one with new people. It's been really good. I got my rear end kicked in Muay Thai sparring yesterday, but still been a great time all in all.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Hey, cool, the IJF did an effortpost for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hggWspDnGM
:yeah: If you do a half-effort post, could you throw in some "watch this cool person" type recs for those of us who don't have a big national team to cheer for?

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

JaySB posted:

Shot in the dark. Anyone ever trained in Singapore or Bali?

I vaguely recall that Singapore has some totally baller gyms. Evolve is supposed to be good?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I vaguely recall that Singapore has some totally baller gyms. Evolve is supposed to be good?

Evolve from what I've been told is a really really nice facility. I want to know about their classes though, according to their website there's separate BJJ and BJJ randori classes. And while I relish the idea of taking my gi around the world with me, not being able to actually roll in it doesn't seem like it's worth it. I won't be in Singapore during a time when they have a randori class at Evolve.

Ideally I'd like to find a place that teaches no gi since spats and shorts take up way less space than my gi, I'm trying to pack for 3 weeks in carry on luggage with a drone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
You should train at Evolve because my friend and former training partner Chatri founded it. Also because it's nice as hell with an elite coaching staff. You can call or email them about no gi training times for the dates you are there.

Edit: seems to be no gi on Friday and Sunday and wrestling on Saturday. Look for the purple blocks in the calendar with no gi in parentheses. Wrestling is colored brown.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 28, 2016