Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Veskit has a note up to skip him, Jordan7hm is up at 10 followed by the talent deficit and two T-Bone picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If Veskit is getting skipped, i guess I'm up?

I'll take 5'9 Tyler Ennis. He was injured this year but he's a 40+ pt guy.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Well dammit.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

there are like no rd left so i'm gonna take nikita zaitsev way too early prob

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Team risky is full steam ahead

I'll take Mattias Janmark

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

also again if you have to skip me please do so

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
His contract is poo poo but I still rate him as a very solid two way NHL center. I'm gonna homer it up with Travis Zajac -- he can play good hard minutes and he'll free up Giroux/Toews to do what they need do.

Still debating on my next one, I'll post it soon.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I propose that we skip someone if they have to make 2 picks and only post 1

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ok -- while there are still prospects around that I like I don't think I can pass up Patrik Berglund here -- he played some good hockey at wing this year and that's where he'll end up on this team, either with Zajac or going into the corners for Giroux and Connor.

Foligno-Toews-Rantanen
Connor-Giroux-?
Berglund-Zajac-?

Spurgeon-Demers
Krug-Provorov

Rask

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 26, 2016

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aye Doc posted:

I propose that we skip someone if they have to make 2 picks and only post 1

I'm the fastest drafter in the league, do you understand rookie, in the league

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i guess i'll take jori lehtera

pastrnak - granlund - hertl
burakovsky - rask - lindholm
? - lehtera - ?

klingberg - josi
stralman - zaitsev

griess

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 26, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the talent deficit is back up

Jordan7hn is up

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised Lehtera lasted so long.

I'm taking a coach because I looked at when they started to go last year, and I really want this guy. 5'9 Barry Trotz is going to have a superb D core and goalie to work with as he leads this team out of the basement in a couple years.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

the talent deficit posted:

i guess i'll take jori lehtera

pastrnak - granlund - hertl
burakovsky - rask - lindholm
? - lehtera - ?

klingberg - josi
stralman - zaitsev

griess

I was mulling over taking him instead of another winger but you've made my choice easier.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

We are skipping Veskit again and going to me yes?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it would seem so. go ahead

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Dammit. I have to decide whether or not to forgo having a good 3C or take a young dude with potential to make this a steal. And gently caress it, I always play it safw. I'm gonna probably wind up with two solid 4C's with potential, which isn't the end of the world.

Winnipeg takes Pavel Buchnevich. He's got the full 3 years of his ELC still to play out, and considering he's now 21 with multiple years of KHL experience and the Rangers' scout have been stroking his dick about coming over the NHL since he was 19, he's going to make the team out of camp unless he inexplicably plays like dog poo poo.

Playing on a scoring line for them I can see him putting up something like 15-18 goals and 40-50 points, and he will only get better. It also allows me to put him on the second line (which would get plenty of offensive zone starts) and move Beleskey down for depth.

Parise-Bergeron-Simmonds
Steen-Kadri-Buchnevich
Beleskey

Doughty-McNabb
Hamonic-Werenski

Elliot

Definitely liking my team a lot.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

eXXon can pick, as well as Veskit whenever he likes. lazerwolf and Technetium to follow. let's keep up this blistering picking pace today

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Wtf we're supposed to hire coaches? I didn't even realize that.

I just need to get into the playoffs honestly. I'll take Bruce Boudreau

Veskit fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 26, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ya don't end up with Patrick Roy

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Dammit. I have to decide whether or not to forgo having a good 3C or take a young dude with potential to make this a steal. And gently caress it, I always play it safw. I'm gonna probably wind up with two solid 4C's with potential, which isn't the end of the world.

Winnipeg takes Pavel Buchnevich.

Mothered fucker........

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Veskit posted:

Wtf we're supposed to hire coaches?

Ron Wilson should make it back to you

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

ON half off clam chowder night Boudreau is going on all the promo for sure.

T-Bone posted:

I didn't pick muthafuckaaaaa

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Who can I send a list to if eXXon doesn't pick in the next few minutes?

Nevermind

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ok I'll take Thomas Hickey again because he has decent fancy stats and high P/60 even away from Tavares. Sure he's only a third pair D behind Leddy and de Haan, but nothing suggests he can't take more minutes until Theodore is ready besides T-Bone's snide comments about his lack of size and speed or whatever. I'm interested in facts, not feelings.

Anyway let's look at this stupid garbage team lineup now:

Schwartz-Barkov-Hornqvist
Pouliot-Little-Jansen
Reinhart

DeKeyser-Faulk
Hickey-Larsson
Theodore

If Barkov turns into peak Kopitar and Reinhart follows close behind, it could be good. Otherwise, it will be exceptionally average since I drafted mostly two-way forwards without a goalie or great D.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

T-Bone posted:

New thread title

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Ok I'll take Thomas Hickey again because he has decent fancy stats and high P/60 even away from Tavares. Sure he's only a third pair D behind Leddy and de Haan, but nothing suggests he can't take more minutes until Theodore is ready besides T-Bone's snide comments about his lack of size and speed or whatever. I'm interested in facts, not feelings.

Pouliot-Little-Jansen
Reinhart

DeKeyser-Faulk
Hickey-Larsson
Theodore

If Barkov turns into peak Kopitar and Reinhart follows close behind, it could be good. Otherwise, it will be exceptionally average since I drafted mostly two-way forwards without a goalie or great D.

hey I like Thomas Hickey he just isn't a guy who should have went #4 overall.

But hey neither is Adam Larsson!

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Think it's time for a goalie for the Wild, so I'll go with Devan Dubnyk

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

hey I like Thomas Hickey he just isn't a guy who should have went #4 overall.

But hey neither is Adam Larsson!

You should read some of the hyperbolic praise for Larsson on hfboards, it will tide you over in those tough moments when TayTay misses 10 games after getting pasted with his head down again.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

eXXon posted:

Pouliot-Little-Jansen
Reinhart

DeKeyser-Faulk
Hickey-Larsson
Theodore

And there goes one guy I almost took, wanted Hickey for a couple rounds because he seems pretty good at the whole defense thing.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium is on the clock, followed by Metapod and Ginette Reno

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

lazerwolf posted:

Think it's time for a goalie for the Wild, so I'll go with Devan Dubnyk

If not for the upcoming expansion draft I would have taken him. He's good.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Give me Sebastian Aho. He's set to come over and make the Hurricanes roster next year and at only 18 was a point per game player in the SM-Liiga and was 2nd place to league MVP. He excelled in the playoffs and every tournament he's been at and is poised to become an effective NHLer.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Does the head coach have to be working in the NHL?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

Give me Sebastian Aho. He's set to come over and make the Hurricanes roster next year and at only 18 was a point per game player in the SM-Liiga and was 2nd place to league MVP. He excelled in the playoffs and every tournament he's been at and is poised to become an effective NHLer.

I considered him with my last pick. Looks like a solid bet to play some meaningful minutes this year.

i am the bird posted:

Does the head coach have to be working in the NHL?

No.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Redacted

Metapod fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 26, 2016

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

T-Bone posted:

I considered him with my last pick. Looks like a solid bet to play some meaningful minutes this year.

He's been on my radar for a bit and figured this was the right place to take him. Didn't want to watch 46 or whatever picks go by in the meantime. My defense will just have to suffer. If Hickey had still been there I probably would've picked him.

*extremely whisper voice* Mike Keenan

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Metapod posted:

Colorado selects Rickard Rakell

He was taken aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Technetium posted:

He was taken aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago