Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Anyone on yet? Can you check the prices at the INFUZ-5959 vendor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh my god, the pet changes. Moa supremacy! :getin:

Guardians, mesmers, necros and rangers got some rather interesting buffs. Thieves finally got their venom utilities to be aoe, meaning they aren't 100% useless 95% of the time. Ele's got some needed balance...

Really the engineer changes were poo poo. I guess it's ok for condi engineers, but power engies got shafted.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

"Added an option to show a target’s health percentage in its health bar."

Excellent.

"Players can now right-click on utility skills while out of combat to open the Utility Skills selection UI, in addition to clicking on the Change Skills arrow button."

Oh good. I don't need that AutoHotKey script anymore.

"Most skills will now attempt to activate as soon and frequently as possible so long as their inputs are held down. This also applies to most ground-targeted skills when instant ground targeting is used."

Holy poo poo, if this works the way it sounds this is a game changing update to how combat and skill rotations work.

Sair
May 11, 2007

quote:

Basilisk Venom: The number of stacks that this skill applies has been reduced from 2 to 1. Stun duration has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.

This seems a bit useless now.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
:rip: servers

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I never really noticed the second stack mattering much, since my general basilisk venom-using thief experience was in unranked pvp where either the target evaporated or I did

Also network errors post patch~

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Sair posted:

Even with that nerf, at any time the thief is not solo, the venoms are a buff. Unless you had a condi thief that had the venom share trait ti begin with, in which case why did you have a condi thief? Overall the .5 seconds loss per person affected I feel is offset by the fact that you can use it on a power build while not having to trait for venom share.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Sair posted:

With venomshare becoming baseline I'd say it's a necessary change.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Welp, anet just had to go and send out an email telling everyone about the new content. We were happily enjoying the patch until then.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Cool it bugged out on me already in Bloodstone Fen, I got disconnected and now it keeps trying to load my daredevil into Rata Sum but fails and gives me the "game client lost connection to server" poo poo. I love buggy patch day.

I can't even log in to spam /thanks ironically now.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 26, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I wanna see screenshots of the new zone!!!

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

quote:

Added commands for emote animations that were previously only available to nonplayer characters:
Cross Arms:
English: /crossarms
Spanish: /brazoscruzados
German: /armeverschränken /armekreuzen
French: /brascroisés

Best part of the whole patch right here.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Here you go!

e: whoops!

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 26, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Here you go!

e: whoops!

:rip:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

CLAM DOWN posted:

it's very red

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can't log in. :qq:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

I hope you like ley line effects and the colour red.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
and floating rocks

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I was at what seemed to be the major reveal of the first episode, literally waiting behind a door. Then the servers crapped themselves.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

thanks alot assbag posted:

and floating rocks
Floating rocks covered in mining nodes that drop Bloodstone Dust instead of something useful.

Before the servers ate poo poo I noticed that everything in the new zone drops salvage items that seem to break down into the appropriate resource of a random tier. I'm wondering if that will mess with resource prices.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Wallet posted:

Floating rocks covered in mining nodes that drop Bloodstone Dust instead of something useful.

Yeah, why do these exist? This update or another one better include another bloodstone dust eater or something.

The unstable salvage items are great and I hope they do lower the price of mats.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, why do these exist? This update or another one better include another bloodstone dust eater or something.

The unstable salvage items are great and I hope they do lower the price of mats.

The nodes also drop an item that can be exchanged for stuff at vendors. I imagine the bloodstone dust is just flavour and the real point of the nodes is the other thing.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

There is another eater, but it eats shards and dragonite. Personally, bloodstone was the ascended mat I had the least of due to using a bag alt, so I'm okay with this.

Also the nodes have a chance to drop rubies, which can be traded in combination with other items you get by being not poo poo at gliding for ascended trinkets with what appear to be stat selectable combos.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Someone linked an eater called a sentient anomaly when I was in zone earlier.

Edit: That's the one.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Thanks for all the tips earlier. I played around with a few classes then burnt my boost on my Engineer. He was my first class way back when and I just had more fun playing him.
I also figured I could hop right into that fancy new living story - but whoops turns out I need to get some gliding skills! How long of a grind is it to get that stuff? Also wtf is mastery and how do I master.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Chalks posted:

I hope you like ley line effects and the colour red.

I love red but dislike ley lines as I cannot glide on them :saddowns:

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I love red but dislike ley lines as I cannot glide on them :saddowns:

You'll be fine if you have updrafts. Ley lines do add some convenient shortcuts, but they're not required.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

We already have two bloodstone eaters between Herta and Mawdrey. If you're getting more than like 400 bloodstone dust per day, teach me your secrets cause I'm totally out of the stuff from crafting a ton of ascended gear recently.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
New zone is pretty good and fun and gives lot of experience. It's really nice to have a zone you can just wander and explore and there are events all over but there is no big timed meta you have to schedule around. Glider attacks are really powerful too.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Priapus Unbound posted:

You'll be fine if you have updrafts. Ley lines do add some convenient shortcuts, but they're not required.

Awesome. One day I'll have that mastery. I'm on number 4 under glider right now!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I like that the patch notes almost read like they finally realised that huge HP sponges with simple, repetitive attack patterns are tedious but not challenging.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Patch... good?

I can't comb through it all right now but the Ranger pet names change is the best.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Good unless you are an ele main, but anyone in their right mind gave up on that years ago.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They renamed the vale guardian and made it a world boss in the new zone.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So I logged on and saw a ton of people still running around playing the game. Was the expansion launch kinda lovely, or the lack of post-launch content a downer? For awhile it seemed like morale in the thread was pretty drat low. Now it seems to be back up.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Magres posted:

We already have two bloodstone eaters between Herta and Mawdrey. If you're getting more than like 400 bloodstone dust per day, teach me your secrets cause I'm totally out of the stuff from crafting a ton of ascended gear recently.

Oh, I thought Herta ate Dragonite. I never bothered to get it but now I see that it eats a full stack of bloodstone dust. Mawdrey was enough of a drain on my soul that I never bothered to get Herta

Dandywalken posted:

So I logged on and saw a ton of people still running around playing the game. Was the expansion launch kinda lovely, or the lack of post-launch content a downer? For awhile it seemed like morale in the thread was pretty drat low. Now it seems to be back up.

The expansion launch was basically a disaster. The patch in April fixed a lot of the complaints about the expansion.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You can finally earn experience after 80 for spirit shards once again, which they disabled when the expansion launched for whatever reason.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Marjory had a run-in with the marketing department.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anyone able to write some quick rundowns of which classes are buffed or nerfed this patch for those of us that don't main every single class and don't want to read through dozens of minor changes to skills and traits nobody uses or remembers? I can do a quick one for elementalist.

Elementalist status: heavily nerfed.

Notable changes
  • Lava font 6 second cd to 8
  • Fresh air 10% less damage
  • The mandatory 33% cooldown reduction traits still mandatory, but 20% now
  • Wash the pain away 33% less healing but 20% shorter cooldown
  • Healing from aura gained trait reduced by 33%
  • Sceptre fire auto attack slightly improved as one of the only buffs to the class

Overall, the builds haven't changed, everything just feels worse to play because of the cooldown nerf to everything, you now have a lot more dead-air time using auto attacks while waiting for skills to come off cooldown and things don't line up as well coming out of overload channels, staff probably hit the worst out of any of the weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Mizuti posted:

Marjory had a run-in with the marketing department.

She's finally as anime as her spooky onee-chan katana.

• Locked thread