Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Not that it matters, but I am on a retreat thingy until Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Alrighty, let's see how the game runs on my laptop (curse your deadness, desktop comp). Just have to diddle down these 30 gigs first..

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The next person that makes ennuid leave the guild is going to get a boot so far up their rear end they'll be tasting leather for months.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Reminder that if you don't care about waiting for a month, you can get TES:Gold which includes Orsinium/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild/Imperial City expansions+a horse for $45
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition-pc-cd-key

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scyantific posted:

The next person that makes ennuid leave the guild is going to get a boot so far up their rear end they'll be tasting leather for months.

So about enforcing a stamblades only guild policy...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Thank god Sturdy isn't a poo poo trait anymore, would have hated to grind Malubeth helms all night for a decent trait.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

I know a ton of people have replied already but let me really sell you on the Explorer's, Adventurer's, Whatever-It's-Called Pack.

It's the single best non-DLC thing this game has to offer. Period.

When you really wanna work with a specific race (gratz on Bosmer, they're getting a buff in a week or so) but hang out with cool people like me who will dedicate lots of time and effort to helping you enjoy this game to the fullest (no really, myself, ennuid, naktl and a few others will tell/give/craft you whatever you need because we are the nicest megadorks ever about this game) then you really need to roll an Ebonheart Pact toon.

Questing and PvP are a huge part of this. Anything dungeon-related works regardless of faction but, thing is, that comes later and not when you're band new to this game. When you need help at level 14 or whatever we can just show up and do what you need. Also, you WILL eventually get curious about PvP and you'll wanna be with goons for that. Also, just do it.

Welcome to the party, yo!

This sounds good. You sold me on it! Going to buy one of those packs now.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Need an invite
BRock7700

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

valuum posted:

Alrighty, let's see how the game runs on my laptop (curse your deadness, desktop comp). Just have to diddle down these 30 gigs first..
Runs like poo poo on low/medium and requires loading in the open areas. Also I cant hit the right buttons for the life of me. Nice! Let's run dungeons!

SamEyeAm posted:

Need an invite
Got your back bruh.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
As soon as we can trade helms, we'll have to power out some runs. Good times, good traits.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I feel that a person on the official forums put it best, when he said

quote:

YA FIX IT YOU IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well put. Just fix it within the next 12 hours please, I'd rather not die of boredom tomorrow.

Proof of keyboard actually working: | 1 2 3 (woah)

That might've been the most annoying thing ever. Sorry, and good night.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Great I fell off the wagon again and have gotten addicted to the writs drug.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Come on man, 2500 crowns for a name change? I mean I get the Race Change being expensive because it prevents idiots from rolling FOTM constantly, but a simple name change costs more than Dark Brotherhood.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

This is why I spend half an afternoon consulting UESPwiki, and my attorney, before settling on any name for a new character.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

What did you name your fattest Argonian? Because he's wonderful.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well I named my Argonian Collects-Various-Things because Sav took Many and I never thought I'd live to see craft bags become a thing.

So now it's either going to be Collects-Elven-Skulls, Collects-Enemy-Skulls, or Shields-With-Sunlight.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The only correct cat name is Sir Meows-A-Lot

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sorry but Omar took that title with Impurrator Furryosa

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
There's an argonian NPC named like Deep-in-cups at that bar in Davons Watch. I was like, drat dude your parents didn't set you up for success with that name. Please, name your arginine wisely.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

There's an argonian NPC named like Deep-in-cups at that bar in Davons Watch. I was like, drat dude your parents didn't set you up for success with that name. Please, name your arginine wisely.

Hauls-Ropes-Faster was a great dockhand!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rough Lobster posted:

Nah his parents didn't name him that, he's been the town drunk so long, he forgot his own name, so people just started calling him that.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Come on man, 2500 crowns for a name change? I mean I get the Race Change being expensive because it prevents idiots from rolling FOTM constantly, but a simple name change costs more than Dark Brotherhood.

Just name yourself something subtly offensive and wait for the proper name to come to you. Then proceed to interrupt any roleplay guild and within the day you should get your free name change!

Rough Lobster posted:

Definitely an inherited name and not half as bad as Pees-In-Sink or Soils-Self-At-Parties.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I have objectively the best name for a cat (it's already claimed, by me of course) Hates-Cats

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Gai Inna Katsute is my catcook.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Appearance change price is ok. The rest... time to level a second character after all.
But drat the sunk cost fallacy, I might end up buying that complete package anyway ("Huge savings", hah).

How does appearance/race change work anyway?

quote:

When you click a token to use it, you'll be taken to the Style Parlor to make any desired adjustments. If you change your mind, or want to re-visit the Style Parlor at a later time, just click the Back button; your token will never be consumed until you confirm all changes.
Can you play a game for a bit, try a character in different lightning and then do some further adjustments? I guess not.

EDIT: too bad, I like how BDO allows you to change an appearance for a MONTH and it still costs you only 10 dollars/euros.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 27, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's just a little funny wording that means you can exit the parlor without having to make the changes right then.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I don't know why more people don't play Azuras Star if they want dec- oh wait they're loving scared of playing without their precious CP.

I hereby declare that all Goon PVP shenanigans will now occur on Azura's Star, because it's actually fun and not an "I'm a bigger maths sperg than you" contest.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

I don't know why more people don't play Azuras Star if they want dec- oh wait they're loving scared of playing without their precious CP.

I hereby declare that all Goon PVP shenanigans will now occur on Azura's Star, because it's actually fun and not an "I'm a bigger maths sperg than you" contest.

Yeh, I am planning on maybe even moving all my home campaigns to Azuras. One of the things I think might be possible is that the shift between pvp and PvE builds might be easier since Azuras requires more sustain in the build. I think at least two of my builds might work pretty well close to as they are now. For instance I think my magplar currently runs 5 transmutation, 5 Kags, monster helm to taste.

I just switched StamSorKat to bow and 2h though so he can't really run the 5pc/5pc/2pc thing. Can't remember exactly what he is wearing, but has skirmishers, Hundings, Tava's and blood spawn.

I'll work on this later today.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Spent 2~ hours in White-Gold Tower because a pug tank and dps couldn't figure out the 2nd to last boss. We legitimately had a 516 CP Tank and 300 CP Stamblade who were just loving befuddled by the mere idea of the pinion. No amount of explanations prepared them for the fact that the boss didn't have real aggro. 10 or so attempts later and while we finally muddled through that part because the Healer was a beast and just started pulling a trifecta of dps/tank/heals; but the group would still wipe every time the both of them got the debuff that makes you able to kill portals because neither of them could figure that out either.

And I get it WGT is kinda tough, and I feel like an elitist poo poo for complaining because I'm playing as a scrubsorc in half level 48 gear dealing no dmg... but god drat has the ESO leveling process failed some players. Like I genuinely felt for them because they were pretty polite and the entire group was being (mostly) helpful, but it must suck to have played long enough to get 300+ CP and still have groups kick you out of normals because you just haven't quite reached that level yet.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Bustycops posted:

A Tedious Run

Totally get where you're coming from because as I read your post I started thinking and realized that, outside of vet dungeons and a few norms, there aren't really any fights in the game that have mechanics to that degree. Most can be cheesed. Can't really cheese Inhibitor on Vet.

Just throwing that out there. Would be nice to have more low-level fights that actually had serious "mechanics".

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I've been put into groups with 2 veterans that couldn't do Wayrest's first boss on normal.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Hey, could I get an invite to Deconstruct Circlejerk @rdominick? Thanks.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Reminder that if you don't care about waiting for a month, you can get TES:Gold which includes Orsinium/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild/Imperial City expansions+a horse for $45
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition-pc-cd-key

This comes out to about 57CAD, as someone who likes the game well enough but never really played that much because I got distracted and busy, how good of a deal is this for someone that only has the base game?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Bob NewSCART posted:

This comes out to about 57CAD, as someone who likes the game well enough but never really played that much because I got distracted and busy, how good of a deal is this for someone that only has the base game?

When you feel the urge to play for a while, I'd just pick up a one-month sub. You get crowns, all the DLCs while subbed, and most importantly, the crafting bag (which is still nice after you stop subbing, you just can't add stuff to it anymore).

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
So I just ran across a bunch of RPers emoting in long paragraphs annoyingly right next to a teleport point I had logged out near. I ran through their group on a mount and did a couple random emotes, and (as might be expected) they got kind of annoyed. Their angry whispers strongly asserted that if they reported me en mass, I'd get banned. Is this something I need to pay actual attention to in the future in this game?

Orv
May 4, 2011
You will not get banned for loving with RPers, no.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

You will not get banned for loving with RPers, no.

Yes you will. 3 goons got 72 hour bans after getting reported for loving with a group of RP-ers

Orv
May 4, 2011
There are not enough :what: emotes.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Scyantific posted:

Yes you will. 3 goons got 72 hour bans after getting reported for loving with a group of RP-ers

That is super dumb and is mostly a sign that Zenimax needs to add custom chat channels so the RPers' sophomoric garbage prose won't pop up in my general chat. Particularly since there isn't anything in the EULA or TOS to support that sort of thing.

Zelmel fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yep, eSporks, Mono, and myself all got warnings about a year ago as well for loving with an RP group. If anyone reports that kind of stuff, Zenimax moderation WILL go through guild chat logs to verify.

• Locked thread