Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Aren't we getting dangerously close to the time limit on talking about 9-11 before Rudy Giuliani materializes like the Candyman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gyges posted:

Aren't we getting dangerously close to the time limit on talking about 9-11 before Rudy Giuliani materializes like the Candyman?

shhhhhh we're setting a Rudy trap

We're finally gonna catch that fucker

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
:negative: can't we just do a livestreamed documentary with Hillary that shows what she is really like in small groups? Would she get all stiff knowing that the camera is there? She won't let it out.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember when Republicans voted against giving 911 first responders health care?

I still can't loving believe that happened. Same with John McCain voting down veteran's funding.

loving assholes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

SedanChair posted:

Is anyone legit feeling emotions about 9/11 at this point

For the first time in like decade.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
For real though, the Republicans continually voted against a bill to give healthcare to first responders who were there on 9/11.

That's some loving TV Movie Villain bullshit.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Gyges posted:

We got him in the video. Candyman rule fulfilled.

Waiting for the Jon Stewart namedrop.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
also it's to contrast how she worked hard for 9/11 victims, while trump...

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Oh man this is rough

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Yoshifan823 posted:

For real though, the Republicans continually voted against a bill to give healthcare to first responders who were there on 9/11.

That's some loving TV Movie Villain bullshit.

BUT THEY CARE ABOUT ARR TOOPS AND ARR COPS GUYS!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I muted the tab because I can tell exactly what this guy is saying by how hard he's waggling his finger

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Holy poo poo this is some ruthless dragging

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Gyges posted:

I hope he shows up, I still need to catch him to finish my pokedex

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

This guy is railing on Trump and I love it :getin:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SedanChair posted:

:negative: can't we just do a livestreamed documentary with Hillary that shows what she is really like in small groups? Would she get all stiff knowing that the camera is there? She won't let it out.

To be fair, she has probably trained herself to be cold and stern on camera because, let's face it, we live in a misogynistic culture that would see any human warmth from her as a sign of feminine weakness.

Being a powerful woman obligates you to be cold because your opponents will be jumping at the bit to attack warmth

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

also it's to contrast how she worked hard for 9/11 victims, while trump...

This is savage. I didn't know about Trump receiving those funds.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

This guy rules.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Tammy Baldwin!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I swear if fivethirtyeight doesn't go 80% again a week after this convention we have a broken nation

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

quote:

Ryan Moore
Ryan has spondyloepiphyseal Dysplasia dwarfism and has known Hillary Clinton since 1994 when they met during the fight for health care reform. Ryan has stayed in contact with Hillary ever since.

This guy's up next.

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

This guy rules.

Crowley is p cool; it's why I vote for him.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

SedanChair posted:

she's already done enough to sabotage her own campaign without actively burying it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I swear if fivethirtyeight doesn't go 80% again a week after this convention we have a broken nation

Half the viewing public will be watching protest coverage on Fox Business to reinforce their preconceived notions about Democrats being troublemakers.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

To be fair, she has probably trained herself to be cold and stern on camera because, let's face it, we live in a misogynistic culture that would see any human warmth from her as a sign of feminine weakness.

Being a powerful woman obligates you to be cold because your opponents will be jumping at the bit to attack warmth

Oh yeah can you imagine her just getting in there in the 1970s? The boys club

Like "yeah I kept my last name, gently caress Bill. gently caress your case too" and get away with it.

I just realized Hillary's entire life's purpose has been "to be on the cutting edge"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Svanja posted:

This is savage. I didn't know about Trump receiving those funds.

If memory serves, it first came up in the Republican primary, but trump managed to bury it in yet another wave of mouth sewage. I guess someone working Clinton's campaign took note.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember when Republicans voted against giving 911 first responders health care?

Which time?

I wonder how Jon Stewart feels about this . . .

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CJTheran posted:

Crowley is p cool; it's why I vote for him.

The RNC had a bunch of lunatics and assholes

The DNC has some amazing speakers, who have done some awesome things. A few wars here and there, but a really good vibe over all.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

As a big MMA nerd this made me laugh

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Oh yeah can you imagine her just getting in there in the 1970s? The boys club

Like "yeah I kept my last name, gently caress Bill. gently caress your case too" and get away with it.

I just realized Hillary's entire life's purpose has been "to be on the cutting edge"

I was watching an interview with her in the 70s just earlier today and that was pretty much it

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was watching an interview with her in the 70s just earlier today and that was pretty much it

link please

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
so i'm reading the wikipedia article on write-ins and in the example is a woman who was elected to the tennessee senate after her husband, the original candidate, was murdered by her opponent. so then i'm reading about the murderer and at the end of the article is

Other political candidates and public personalities have emulated Looper's adopted name or have independently adopted similar names. Among these is Internet personality Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka, who adopted his nickname as a reference to Byron Looper, who Kyanka nearly worked as an intern for in the summer of 1997.

thanks wikipedia

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gif the shrinking podium

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

that podium tho

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Sab0921 posted:

Half the viewing public will be watching protest coverage on Fox Business to reinforce their preconceived notions about Democrats being troublemakers.

You're not wrong, FOX stuck with the O'Reilly Factor instead of the MoM's.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

FAUXTON posted:

gif the shrinking podium

That was pretty slick, wasn't it? I didn't see it

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
The way this band's been I'm surprised they didn't play Randy Newman's "Short People"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

this is a nice little speech

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Jesus christ she nails it at 2:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg_sEZg7-rk&t=144s

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mel Mudkiper posted:

shhhhhh we're setting a Rudy trap

We're finally gonna catch that fucker

All we gotta do is lay down some flypaper and put a Muslim woman on stage and we'll have him at last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

And this is why putting your podium on lifts is good and cool. Perfect height whether you're 7' or 3'.

• Locked thread