Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

Good point

I mean that batarang was aimed straight at dude's head, and Batfleck is like "oh, so you're fast" :crossarms:

Well what if I wasn't fast you dick

And flash is so loving desperate for friends he's still joining a team where the captain is throwing poo poo at his head

The job market's rough for millenials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The MSJ posted:

Yes: "Trailer editing and guitar riffs are opiates of the nerdy masses"

Yes: because I've already decided what I'm going to think about the movie because of a single trailer. You know me so well.

I'm just happy to see what appears to be someone actually trying storytelling instead of simply intense moodiness. And I can't deny that I'd really like to see Snyder learn some lessons and apply that visual sense he has to something entertaining.

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 26, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

AlphaKeny1 posted:

the scene is so long for something trying to display flash's speed, and if you still didn't get it batman needs to say a one-liner so that you REALLY get it. such a great character introduction scene, you really get a sense of who flash is.

Yeah. Would've been a lot more powerful from Batman's perspective. And if he also acted like Batman. And not surprised lol.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

ben affleck should play batman the exact same way as he played his role in mallrats

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

ultrabindu posted:

Wait, so who are the bad guys in Suicide squad? Is it not the Joker?

Now that I think about it that witch lady isn't in a lot of the trailers, is she the main bad guy?

Where did those zombies come from?

What is going on?

If it's like the comic the bad guy is their boss who will kill them as soon as they become a liability

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Scaramouche posted:

If it's like the comic the bad guy is their boss who will kill them as soon as they become a liability

this is just capitalism working as intended

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Scaramouche posted:

That's the other thing. If middle age government lady has the resources to catch the bad guys and lock them away, what the gently caress do the bad guys bring to the table that she doesn't already have access to? It seems like she can get the job done just fine.

It's like a middle school teacher pulling the rear end in a top hat kid out of detention to help her write her lesson plan.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Frankenstyle posted:

That's the other thing. If middle age government lady has the resources to catch the bad guys and lock them away, what the gently caress do the bad guys bring to the table that she doesn't already have access to? It seems like she can get the job done just fine.

She can catch and contain the individual scrub tier villains with some effort but if a mid level villain or a team of bad guys turns up she's probably hosed, so she figures "Why not blackmail these 6 dudes into taking down that big threat, if they fail at least they served as a distraction for a bit while we put other options into play"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
remember when BvS defenders/dc fanboys said one of the main problems with marvel films was that they were too 'quipy'? well either every single quip in these films are in the trailers or dc suddenly got quipy as gently caress.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

remember when BvS defenders/dc fanboys said one of the main problems with marvel films was that they were too 'quipy'? well either every single quip in these films are in the trailers or dc suddenly got quipy as gently caress.

[extremely CineD voice]

Actually it's good that DC/WB is aping Marvel/Fox now because Batman is a naturally humorous character unlike Thor, Tony Stark, and Deadpool.

What Marvel needs to do is make Spiderman a big wet blanket gloomy gus like Superman.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

ben affleck should play batman the exact same way as he played his role in mallrats

"You see, Wonder Woman is in a vulnerable place right now. And I'm going to use that vulnerability to screw her in a very uncomfortable place."

"What, like the back of a Volkswagen?"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
"No, her anus, LIKE WHEN I WAS RAPED IN PRISON, IN MY ANUS"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pope Mobile posted:

Reminder that the Star Wars: Episode I trailer made the movie look amazing.

yeah it did :smith:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Fat Shat Sings posted:

or suicide squad where you've had months of posters, trailers, sneak peaks, character bio videos, new trailers, more different posters, character backstories, even more trailers, constant interviews with the actors, merchandise, reveals, more trailers, more sneak peaks....ugh

I don't follow it at all but by osmosis i've picked up way more than I'd ever want to know even if I did want to see it.

I know Jared Leto is a tool and I've seen one trailer. Will Smith plays Gun Man. There's Lizard Guy, Magic Lady, some other chumps, Harleen Quinzel, The Joker, Batman and CCH Pounder.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pvt.Scott posted:

CCH Pounder.

I know she isn't a big name draw, but drat if she isn't an amazing actor whether live action or voice acting. She was like the second best actor on The Shield behind Forrest Whitaker. I know Davis will be great as Waller, but I'd kill for screen test footage with Pounder and their first choice, Oprah Winfrey.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I still remember the beautiful simplicity of the Annakin/Vader shadow posters. drat near got chills the first time I saw one.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I know she isn't a big name draw, but drat if she isn't an amazing actor whether live action or voice acting. She was like the second best actor on The Shield behind Forrest Whitaker. I know Davis will be great as Waller, but I'd kill for screen test footage with Pounder and their first choice, Oprah Winfrey.

...Mackey...

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

I still remember the beautiful simplicity of the Annakin/Vader shadow posters. drat near got chills the first time I saw one.

The best thing about that poster was when supernerds started saying "Well Tattooine has two suns so there should be two shadows"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I think Wonder Woman is supposed to be almost as strong as Superman but not invulnerable and not as fast.

But she's magic, so Superman isn't invulnerable against her stuff, either.

If she was just as powerful all around "For the Man Who Has Everything", Superman's big birthday story, wouldn't make sense and that was a good episode and apparently a good comic.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
i am not seeing suicide squad because of all the focus on the joker and how insanely prepared jared leto got for the role.

jared leto is no daniel day-lewis

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

a retard posted:

i am not seeing suicide squad because of all the focus on the joker and how insanely prepared jared leto got for the role.

jared leto is no daniel day-lewis

Now I want to see Daniel Day-Lewis as the Joker

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What Marvel needs to do is make Spiderman a big wet blanket gloomy gus like Superman.

They did that

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shinjobi posted:

They did that

We can go darker.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

We can go darker.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hot drat, now that's quality filmmaking. :allears:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

This was a billion dollar franchise guys

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
batman v superman was boring af much like

youre posting

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I really only liked the third Spiderman.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The only way the third Spiderman made sense was if everyone involved was absolutely sick of working on it and wanted to bury the franchise

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WhyteRyce posted:

The only way the third Spiderman made sense was if everyone involved was absolutely sick of working on it and wanted to bury the franchise

thats straight up what happened sooooo...

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Lookit that chin jiggle.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah, pretty sure the studio kept pressuring Raimi for a Venom movie, which he resented them for.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i think spiderman 3 is good because it is a silly stupid story, and thats what most comic book stories actually are

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fonzarelli posted:

i think spiderman 3 is good because it is a silly stupid story, and thats what most comic book stories actually are

It's kind of like how Postal sucks, but at the same time is the only good video game movie.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

thats straight up what happened sooooo...

Ok, when they froze Spiderman right in front of that American flag during the boss fight I knew something was up

naem
May 29, 2011

Spider-Man 1 and 2 went for a realism with Toby maguire as a believable broke student dealing with a sad life becoming a hero

Then 3 was a cartoon

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

rodbeard posted:

It's kind of like how Postal sucks, but at the same time is the only good video game movie.

the first postal would make a good horror movie.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

rodbeard posted:

um mortal kombat? super hornio bros?!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO Suicide Squad ends with a blue laser shooting into the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

LMAO Suicide Squad ends with a blue laser shooting into the sky.

:cripes: jfc

• Locked thread