Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Malgrin posted:

Sid really started to fall off in the 60s, and I left him completely behind in the 70s. I have completely stopped using him.

Which dark sider would you recommend spending arena points on, then? I finished up Leia, and my dark side team is lacking, which is why I just started working on him, but I'm open to suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Savage Opress is a solid character. Asajj only if you really like her or plan to make a Nightsister team with her as lead, not viable otherwise.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
HK-47 and IG-88 are both cornerstones of a droid team.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

HK-47 and IG-88 are both cornerstones of a droid team.

And a droid team is useful for the Ewok event, which should come back at some point.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Even outside of droid teams I'd rate IG88 decently high. I want to say he's better than Savage but they are two very different dark side dudes so I'm not sure how to compare them but he's definitely better than Sid and Asajj currently.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Sid really started to fall off in the 60s, and I left him completely behind in the 70s. I have completely stopped using him. You could try it, but I just don't think he is worth it. Vader would just be so much better....instadeath lightsaber. Also, I got him 3 potency sets and now his dots proc always (50% potency). Even if his attack is dodged he can still land dots. Plus, you get extra points for running Ani and Vader.

I would run Fives in the assist comp. Extra turn on cd, I know, but he's just so good, and biggs is just so weak. I think Phasma over 88, but it is a close call. Guaranteed crit is good.

Counters: IGD lead, Fisto, Aayla, Fives, Dooku.

Yeah that was why the counter team was no go, can't farm fisto and the alternatives are meh at best.

Now I need to dump some time into 88 and see how his omega leader attaches the dot on crit. For example would it attach 2 dots if fives crits on both shots of a slowed target. Could Rey land her massive damage attacks and get a dot for each hit? That kind of thing. If each crit on a multi hit applied the dot it would be kind of easy to abuse Valders Saber throw of doom. Then again even if it doesn't they still might work in a aoe team, especially with Lando resetting his cool down every turn.

I wish this game had a practice table where you could set up matches to try potential teams. Just pull a team of +/-10% of the test teams power and let me see if this is the poo poo or just poo poo.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I hate mods and don't want to have to make choices in customising my characters.

Can someone recommend what mods to use on what characters?

My team is Poggle, Ig88, ig86, Geonosian Soldier, and sun fac.

Right now I am just throwing whatever mods I get on them but I need a plan. I assume health and offence are good ones to focus on. Maybe crit?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

I hate mods and don't want to have to make choices in customising my characters.

Can someone recommend what mods to use on what characters?

My team is Poggle, Ig88, ig86, Geonosian Soldier, and sun fac.

Right now I am just throwing whatever mods I get on them but I need a plan. I assume health and offence are good ones to focus on. Maybe crit?

1,3,5 are basically always going to be offense, defense, protection. For healers where you actually care about the heal, you can go gealth over prot.

For damage dealers, you want a crit damage set, and either a potency or health set. For mods 2/4/6 you want speed, crit d, and then potency, prot, or off.
For non damage dealers, you generally want a speed set and a potency set. 2/4/6 are generally going to be speed, protection, and potency, but for tanks you often just want all protection.

Poggle: depends on how much you want to land the ability block. Probaly just tank him up with speed and protection, but potency isn't terrible on him. Speed set and probably healtg set, but potency would be fine.

88/86/GS: see dmg dealers. Potency, prot, prot would be my rec for 6th slot.

Sun Fac: speed set and potency set. Speed, protection, potency.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
How bad is biggs? I mean if he is average that might do. He is one of 4 characters with a 2 turn cool downs assist. 86, Geo and Tuscan are the other 4. I just realized I have biggs at 6* for some unknown reason, probably some event or some such. So I could if I farm up the tuskan place them with phasma for extra attack fun.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It is odd that you have left out the best if the two turn assist guys from your list. Especially since everyone uses him.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

How bad is biggs? I mean if he is average that might do. He is one of 4 characters with a 2 turn cool downs assist. 86, Geo and Tuscan are the other 4. I just realized I have biggs at 6* for some unknown reason, probably some event or some such. So I could if I farm up the tuskan place them with phasma for extra attack fun.

He means QGJ, who also has a 2 turn cd assist. You can get Biggs from both HM and GW so he's easy to farm.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/biggs-darklighter/

Biggs' max level basic does 3300-3600. This is without mods. He can get crit up from this. His assist call is good because it gives them a good chance to crit, and deals 4500-4900. However, his special is crap. He gets 100% TM and evasion up after surviving a crit.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/ct-5555-fives/

Fives deals less damage, but applies a slow and attacks twice (great if you are calling him as an assist) if they are slowed.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/tusken-raider/

I actually think Tusken Raider is underrated (although not by a lot). As a living Tusken, he always has +15% offense. He has low potency though, so his TM down isn't going to hit a ton. His assist move hits hard, but won't do anything special because you don't have Tusken Allies. At max */level/gear he has 22,500 hp and 22k prot.

So, all said and done, if I wanted an assist squad, I would run QGJ Lead, GS, Fives, Rey, and RG. Either that or I'd run Fives lead. QGJ going fast is cool though. +32.5 defense doesn't seem like it would do much (for non-clone allies). Without other Droids, 86 isn't quite good enough. Without other Tuskens, Raider isn't quite good enough. And Biggs just doesn't do much.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 26, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
T7 is live. Some P1ers should get in here with me.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

T7 is live. Some P1ers should get in here with me.

There are 3/4 of you guys who can basically solo P1 right? How long does that generally take you to do so?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

There are 3/4 of you guys who can basically solo P1 right? How long does that generally take you to do so?

Not too long (20 minutes?). The goal here is to get more people to participate in P1 at the same time. This lets more people participate in P2/P3, because those of us that can solo P1 are more likely to put up 500kish damage in P2/P3.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Malgrin posted:

1,3,5 are basically always going to be offense, defense, protection. For healers where you actually care about the heal, you can go gealth over prot.

For damage dealers, you want a crit damage set, and either a potency or health set. For mods 2/4/6 you want speed, crit d, and then potency, prot, or off.
For non damage dealers, you generally want a speed set and a potency set. 2/4/6 are generally going to be speed, protection, and potency, but for tanks you often just want all protection.

Poggle: depends on how much you want to land the ability block. Probaly just tank him up with speed and protection, but potency isn't terrible on him. Speed set and probably healtg set, but potency would be fine.

88/86/GS: see dmg dealers. Potency, prot, prot would be my rec for 6th slot.

Sun Fac: speed set and potency set. Speed, protection, potency.

Thanks for the help but I don't understand the 1,3,5 and 2,4,6. Does that refer to the mod shape?

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

UmOk posted:

Thanks for the help but I don't understand the 1,3,5 and 2,4,6. Does that refer to the mod shape?

yeah that is what he means. 1 top left(square) 2 top right (arrow) etc etc

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

Herux posted:

yeah that is what he means. 1 top left(square) 2 top right (arrow) etc etc

1, 3, and 5 are left side mods, and are more limited in what they can be -- 1 = offense, 3 = defense, 5 is protection or health.

2, 4, and 6 have a lot more possibilities. If you want to know more about mods, read this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z614mGAHt8gkQQXRGquSQSGA-WYBGXQ5tcGeFcolIs0/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Thank you very much for the help. I still don't like the idea of customizing individual characters. I liked just customizing my team. But maybe mods will make previously lovely characters more viable.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

xyigx posted:

OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

Just got Lando to 7 stars any suggestions on who to farm from cantina next?

1. 29224
2. 29224
3. I haven't finished in about a week so 10? My shard pvp rank is only in the low mid-300s. I don't know if that's a facotr

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

^^Always good to see fellow Cubs in other threads^^

xyigx posted:

OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

Just got Lando to 7 stars any suggestions on who to farm from cantina next?

1. 27,174
2. 27,174
3. 3. I have to pay attention to the last few fights now, and I didn't complete one in the past week, but overall it hasn't been bad.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Fenris13 posted:

It is odd that you have left out the best if the two turn assist guys from your list. Especially since everyone uses him.

Totally spaced him, qgj is at 7star g9 fully molded. So now all I have to do is decide between biggs and tuskan.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
Thinking about joining up. After the MOD debacle the group I was in fell apart. How active are the guilds? How many raid points do they have? I have a pretty boss roster of dudes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

DarkRefreshment posted:

Thinking about joining up. After the MOD debacle the group I was in fell apart. How active are the guilds? How many raid points do they have? I have a pretty boss roster of dudes.

Qui Goon Jin is running constant Tier 6's while we build towards being able to do Tier 7s. We have a spot open you can send me an ally request at 279-436-313 and tI can approve your request to join if you want.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

DarkRefreshment posted:

GQJ and IGD are pretty active. IGD is running T7s very nearly every other day (we generally make 25k guild tokens per day), but people are fairly active right now. Last I checked, QGJ was running T6s regularly, although it's still taking them 3? refreshes (please correct me if I'm wrong) to clear Rancor.

Actually, just looked at the guild page, MarcusSA and Buda Kin haven't logged in for over 3 days, if it goes another day or so, I wouldn't mind booting one of them and adding you.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Malgrin posted:

GQJ and IGD are pretty active. IGD is running T7s very nearly every other day (we generally make 25k guild tokens per day), but people are fairly active right now. Last I checked, QGJ was running T6s regularly, although it's still taking them 3? refreshes (please correct me if I'm wrong) to clear Rancor.

Actually, just looked at the guild page, MarcusSA and Buda Kin haven't logged in for over 3 days, if it goes another day or so, I wouldn't mind booting one of them and adding you.

It's taking us between two and three refreshes right now. We started the last raid late Monday, so two refreshes, and we're like 20% away from being done with Phase four right now. We should be done before 1AM Eastern, which is refresh time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just got an update, here's the only significant change:

Snowtrooper: "Assault Training" now correctly grants Turn Meter to Empire allies.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

Just got an update, here's the only significant change:

Snowtrooper: "Assault Training" now correctly grants Turn Meter to Empire allies.

Literally one day after I 3 starred the first Potency challenge. :suicide:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Malgrin posted:

Well either sounds good to me. I'm way more active than I should be. I want to be involved in 7s more in wherever I go so I can finish out kitting my guys and getting the Jawas ready for the next raid. My profile is below with my ally code in it. Just add me and let me know who I should hop in.

https://swgoh.gg/u/darkrefreshment/

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So I've been farming Greedo and Lando, but they're still level 1. What level and star count is necessary to beat all the credit heist tiers if I only use these two characters? Because it's going to cost me over 12 million to get them level 80 and 7* if that's what it's going to take, and I'm wondering how long it'll take for that to pay itself off.

I'm tempted to just keep putting it off so I can farm more Jawas.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

DarkRefreshment posted:

Well either sounds good to me. I'm way more active than I should be. I want to be involved in 7s more in wherever I go so I can finish out kitting my guys and getting the Jawas ready for the next raid. My profile is below with my ally code in it. Just add me and let me know who I should hop in.

https://swgoh.gg/u/darkrefreshment/

I sent you an ally invite & guild invite for QGJ. Your roster would be a huge help in getting us into T7s. I'd recommend joining us even if it means no immediate T7s because you're basically guaranteed to be in the top 5 of damage in our squad.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

quote:

Jedi Knight Anakin: Allies will now gain Advantage from "Always on the Offensive" when they are dodged even if they already had Advantage.

Wow, they do actually read bug reports. I am impressed

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

So I've been farming Greedo and Lando, but they're still level 1. What level and star count is necessary to beat all the credit heist tiers if I only use these two characters? Because it's going to cost me over 12 million to get them level 80 and 7* if that's what it's going to take, and I'm wondering how long it'll take for that to pay itself off.

Lando 70, Boba 70, both 6 star g7, Dengar 45 4 star, chewie 45 4 star and a 2 star cad bane. That got the ability to complete both sets as long as rng was with Lando. I used fett lead since the important damage source already has bonus crit chance.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

I am able to clear everything with 7*/75 Lando, 7*/62 Cad Bane, 5*/70 Chewie, 6*/60 Greedo, 5*/50 Boba. Greedo and Boba aren't really important other than as targets other than lando for people to shoot. You need to get Lando up decently high, including some gear. It sometimes takes me a couple of tries, though today I was able to clear all 4 in 4 attempts. Basically, you need lando to crit on each round so he resets his cooldown. I probably put something like 6 million credits into this team, and they have run the event something like 4 times so far, so still need a few more times to pay off the investment. I suspect I need even more levels to clear the scoundrel mod challenge too, which gives you another 100K in achievement bonuses.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I figure it's worth pointing out that Lando is your best option if you want to pour a whole bunch of credits into just one scoundrel. Not only does he happen to be pretty good, but he's also a scoundrel and a rebel, which will help you clear 2 mod challenges (crit chance and tenacity). I think he'll be good in an 88-lead aoe death squad, but that's still a ways out for me, so not sure yet. There's also the empire assault mission (you use rebels and clones) that should be back sometime soon -- although they didn't say exactly when we would see the assault missions get recycled. They did make achievements for them though, and said anything with an achievement will come back in the future.

e: Also Dengar, but if you were already working on his shards you knew that.

Right now, I'm running 6* G8 70 Chewie (L), 7* G7 74 Cad (not worth it), 5* G8 71 Lando, 5* G8 75 Dengar, and 2* 50 Greedo. Cad has decent damage and a stun, but pretty lovely health/etc. Greedo would be better if I actually put *s into him, but arena tokens are so much more valuable than GW. Also, the first time I cleared the scoundrel event, I was trying to run Cad or Lando lead, and just barely not beating T2. I swapped in Chewie (level 4 leader) and beat it two times in a row. I guess my dudes just needed to live a little bit longer or something?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 28, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I beat the Tier 2 with a 6*, G8 LVL 72 Lando and no other scoundrel above level 60. I think Chewie was 60/G7, Cad Bane 58 G7, Greedo 55 G6, Dengar 55 G6. It took some retries to clear tier 2, but as long as you are able to have his AOE up for wave 2 and land a crit you will clear the entire wave instantly. You may have 3 or 4 guys for wave 3 and if Lando crits 2 or 3 of the trash guys you will be fine.

This is a pretty small investment in terms of credits and should have a really big return. You can level up anyone to ~50 for like 450k credits. So make the bulk of your investment in Lando and just surround him with some meat shields so he doesnt get stunned.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Can anyone explain the sets in this guide to me in easy to understand language? I don't get how he calls the first set "health" but the first stat he talks about is Speed.

Does that mean it's the guide to follow if the first stat on the gear is health and the second stat is speed? I'm lost.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z614mGAHt8gkQQXRGquSQSGA-WYBGXQ5tcGeFcolIs0/edit#gid=0

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

tadashi posted:

Can anyone explain the sets in this guide to me in easy to understand language? I don't get how he calls the first set "health" but the first stat he talks about is Speed.

Does that mean it's the guide to follow if the first stat on the gear is health and the second stat is speed? I'm lost.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z614mGAHt8gkQQXRGquSQSGA-WYBGXQ5tcGeFcolIs0/edit#gid=0

Primary stat and set bonus. The first set is the health set bonus. Specifically, for slot two (the arrow looking one) you ideally want a speed primary bonus, and depending on the character you may want it from the health set.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

To clarify a bit, each mod has a set bonus, a primary stat, and secondary stats. <--None of these things are connected in any way.

Primary stats
So, if you look at the mods, you've got Top Left, TR, ML, MR, BL, BR, generally referenced as 1-6. For primary stats, 1 is only offense. 2 can be a range of stats, but the only ones you should care about are protection (for tanks) and speed for everyone else. 3 can only be defense. 4 can be a range of stats, use crit damage for damage dealers, and probably protection for everyone else. 5 can be Health or Protection. 6 has a range of stats, you usually want protection, potency, or offense. At 5.88%, health and offense are pretty weak, but it takes a lot of time to get the exact stats you want, so you can fill in. Plus, Barriss does well with +% health, so you can give those to her once you replace them.
Mods have a * quality (or dot) that is generated when you find the mod. Mod battles get you 1 and 2 * mods, while challenges get you 3 through 5 * mods. This determines the maximum primary stat -- a 5* Prot stat maxes at 23.5% at level 15.

Set Bonuses
Ok, then we have a bunch of different set bonuses (with number of mods required after): Health 2, Defense 2, Offense 4, Speed 4, Potency 2, Tenacity, Crit % 2, Crit Damage 4. I think that's it, but there might be more coming (please dear god never add dodge). Due to farmability, you are probably just going to start with a bunch of 5* health mods. This is fine. You can always hand these off to B-squads later. When it comes to 5* mods, you're probably never going to afford more than 2 or 3 squad sets of them (at ~600k per mod to level 15, that's 3.6 mil per hero, or 18 mil per squad). So, fill your current arena squad with health sets. These are the easiest to acquire. After that, you want to try to get Speed, Crit %, Crit Damage, and Potency set mods. These give you the best value. It takes 4 speed set mods to get the speed bonus, and you have a total of 6 mods, so you can combine that with 2 Potency or 2 Crit % set mods to round out your mods. Also, set bonuses do stack, so if you run 6 potency set mods, you'll get the potency bonus 3 times.
Also, the set bonuses generally double when you level a set to 15. If you have 3 speed mods at level 15, and one speed mod at level 14, you will still only get the lower bonus (5%?). At 4 level 15 speed mods I think it jumps to 10%.

Secondary Stats
Secondary stats are randomized stats added onto the mods. This has a lot to do with another quality -- mod color. If you roll a white mod, your mod will start with 0 secondary stats. If you roll a yellow mod, it starts with 4 secondary stats. There's a color for everything in between too. So, with a higher quality mod, you know what stats you are getting and if you want to level that mod in advance. As you level your mods, you either gain new stats if you don't have them, or increase stats that were already there. So, a low quality rolled mod (leveled to 15) might have a secondary speed stat of 5, while a high quality mod might have a secondary speed stat of 11 (I have one).

e: I've also just added this to my second post. I've got quite a bit about mods in the OP already, but I figure this belongs on the front page, so I put it there.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 28, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
So apparently the changes to biggs and wedge that came out in the last patch don't actually work. Wedge's leader skill is just flat broken, and none of the synergy effects when you have both wedge and biggs on the same team actually work. I don't get how a company keeps doing this? Literally the least they could do would be try the things they claim to be putting out, and they don't even seem to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

So apparently the changes to biggs and wedge that came out in the last patch don't actually work. Wedge's leader skill is just flat broken, and none of the synergy effects when you have both wedge and biggs on the same team actually work. I don't get how a company keeps doing this? Literally the least they could do would be try the things they claim to be putting out, and they don't even seem to do that.

Well, when you don't give two shits and don't test the poo poo you throw out.... #winning

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 28, 2016