Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A bar in a small city in Alberta kicked a trans woman out of a bathroom then put up a sign about only using the washroom of your birth gender, and people got pissed. The bar has never claimed their Facebook page, and it has been given an interesting website by a random person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Oh, Alberta. The Deep South of the North. :allears:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

hyperhazard posted:

Oh, Alberta. The Deep South of the North. :allears:

Hey now, don't forget rural Ontario.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Any women that work tech support will answer "yes, forever yes." If you're taking 30+ calls a day I can assure you that at least once a week they'll get a call that immediately starts with "I want to talk to a man, sweetheart."

Please tell me this is a joke. Oh wait, now I remember what my wife told me it was like to work in a job where she was the only woman :negative:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Buttcoin purse posted:

. Oh wait, now I remember what my wife told me it was like to work in a job where she was the only woman :negative:

Everyone hitting on her, huh?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Buttcoin purse posted:

Please tell me this is a joke. Oh wait, now I remember what my wife told me it was like to work in a job where she was the only woman :negative:

Reminds me of when I was working with a bunch of other women in a jewelry store, and this old man walks in, looks around, asks if there are any men working. We tell him no, and he promptly left. We laughed about it for the rest of the day.

Edit:

This was in the comments

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 04:08 on Jul 27, 2016

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Picnic Princess posted:

Reminds me of when I was working with a bunch of other women in a jewelry store, and this old man walks in, looks around, asks if there are any men working. We tell him no, and he promptly left. We laughed about it for the rest of the day.

Edit:

This was in the comments

Trump is no Mason. Pretty sure any lodge he petitioned would kick his rear end out.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

oldpainless posted:

Everyone hitting on her, huh?

I think there was a bit of that sort of thing, although they were old and fat and probably had enough self awareness to not bother.

The thing that sticks in my head the most was she said a guy once came out of the bathroom and said "Man I hate it when you're sitting on the can and your dick touches the inside of the bowl a little. Next time you're sucking your boyfriend's cock, remember that he might have touched the inside of a toilet bowl with it." Surprisingly this classy guy was divorced or had some kind of wrecked relationship with his wife, I don't quite remember.

I think mostly it was raised eyebrows, innuendo, that kind of poo poo I'm sure a young woman is going to feel very comfortable telling her boss to stop doing.

So yeah, I haven't seen it with my own eyes but I guess I shouldn't be surprised to hear that some guys still think they're living in the era of Mad Men.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Does Yahoo answers count as social media?

:psypop:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hey now, don't forget rural Ontario.

I can guarantee rural Alberta is worse. Just finished doing the census in the middle of nowhere northern Alberta, and I can tell you nothing of value will be lost if everything outside of Edmonton burns down.

Nothing of value would be lost if Edmonton burnt down too, but that ruins the joke.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Most of the things West of Edmonton burnt down like 2 months ago.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Truly a provincial tragedy, so many lifted trucks turned to ash. :canada:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

gently caress Alberta

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gaunab posted:

This isn't as bad as some stuff but the preference argument is always funny and weird.

http://imgur.com/gallery/yy4MFwn

Jesus, a lot of the comments.

quote:

Same thing happens to guys who mention they are "husky", "chubby", and "a little overweight". Get over it.

Being black - equivalent to being fat

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I can guarantee rural Alberta is worse. Just finished doing the census in the middle of nowhere northern Alberta, and I can tell you nothing of value will be lost if everything outside of Edmonton burns down.

Nothing of value would be lost if Edmonton burnt down too, but that ruins the joke.

Speaking as a former resident of rural Alberta and current resident of urban Alberta outside of Edmonton, I concur wholeheartedly

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I moved to Alberta six years ago to go to grad school and then hopefully find work. I've done dumber things, I guess.

no I haven't

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Also we almost kind of did burn down a short while ago so there was that

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ytlaya posted:

Just say you're a fat bastard, dammit. It's the dodging that makes it a turn-off.

E: More of a turn-off than it would be normally.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

"Dude was Trolling" = the new "Crime of Passion"?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
'It's just a prank bro!' is not a valid legal defense.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

I think the problem with deciding whether Internet threats are credible is you can't see the person. Like if you can see they have a neckbeard you can just double down on however you were treating them, but if they're wearing a towel on their head you might have some trouble on your hands.

Seriously idiots like this should be punished - if you're 28 and you think a good way to solve a problem is to threaten violence you're probably badly enough hosed in the head to actually shoot at people because of your World of Warcraft drama.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If YouTube has taught me anything it's that pasty awkward ginger guys are probably the ones you've really got to watch out for.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Trolling" as a term and even as something people think is acceptable is one of the big negatives we'll have our grandchildren review in modern history class. Also great use of that guy basically pulling "It's just a prank troll, bro!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ytlaya posted:

Jesus, a lot of the comments.

Just think, though: with proper diet and exercise and plain good old taking care of oneself, even a black person can become as attractive as a normal person

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So apparently people are going ballistic and claiming that YouTube star Marina Joyce has been kidnapped by her boyfriend (or possibly by ISIS) and is making her videos under duress, and has been leaving secret messages in her videos and social media begging for help.

Like, is the idea that she's mentally ill or taking drugs less believable than a secret kidnapping plot? Or that it's another lonelygirl15 kind of thing?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Data Graham posted:

Just think, though: with proper diet and exercise and plain good old taking care of oneself, even a black person can become as attractive as a normal person

At least black people can say it's hereditary and it be true.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Black girls and Asian men are used to being invisible.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pneub posted:

"Dude was Trolling" = the new "Crime of Passion"?

This is the same logic I heard during my only real life encounter with a member of The Movement That Shall Not Be Named. "Gamers make rape threats to each other all the time! It's just the culture and people should get over it!"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
"Trolling" always seemed like a weak word for violent threats and harassment. I'm old enough that I remember when trolling was just riling people up on message boards.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Back in my day we just sent untagged Goatse to people who pissed us off.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
A simpler, more civilized time.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Picnic Princess posted:

A bar in a small city in Alberta kicked a trans woman out of a bathroom then put up a sign about only using the washroom of your birth gender, and people got pissed. The bar has never claimed their Facebook page, and it has been given an interesting website by a random person.

It does not surprise me in the least that this was the Corona. That place was always a hole. I grew up in Medicine Hat and the best thing I did was leave it.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Data Graham posted:

If YouTube has taught me anything it's that pasty awkward ginger guys are probably the ones you've really got to watch out for.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Any women that work tech support will answer "yes, forever yes." If you're taking 30+ calls a day I can assure you that at least once a week they'll get a call that immediately starts with "I want to talk to a man, sweetheart."

I've done tech support, and yeah, I'd gotten a few 'Please let me talk to a male tech/man' types. The worst is when it's another woman, especially when she giggles and insists that 'guys are just BETTER with tech'.

Sorry my gender apparently devours the part of my brain capable of using technology and replaces it with a Barbie head.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Buttcoin purse posted:

I think the problem with deciding whether Internet threats are credible is you can't see the person. Like if you can see they have a neckbeard you can just double down on however you were treating them, but if they're wearing a towel on their head you might have some trouble on your hands.

Seriously idiots like this should be punished - if you're 28 and you think a good way to solve a problem is to threaten violence you're probably badly enough hosed in the head to actually shoot at people because of your World of Warcraft drama.

If he was getting hit by the silence penalty often enough to start raging about it, he was probably the type that thought that threats of violence in chat would be perfectly acceptable.

I don't know what it is about MOBAs, but it's like it's an entire genre that really does bring out the worst of the people who play them.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Regalingualius posted:

If he was getting hit by the silence penalty often enough to start raging about it, he was probably the type that thought that threats of violence in chat would be perfectly acceptable.

I don't know what it is about MOBAs, but it's like it's an entire genre that really does bring out the worst of the people who play them.

"Gosh I'm not like a hardcore gamer freak or anything I just play this to relax and have fun" *bursts blood vessels in eyes screaming racial slurs into headset for an hour*

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Regalingualius posted:

MOBA games take about 45 minutes per match, and punish you if you quit playing before the end of the round. Your average video game enthusiast can stand approximately 10 consecutive seconds of losing at a game before losing their poo poo. Additionally, they require you to play in teams, and unless you have 4 friends to play with, you will have to cooperate with internet strangers. Even if you're chill enough to not throw a fit and blame everyone but you every time you lose, it just takes one in five players being a pissbaby to set the community standard.

It's a perfect storm, really.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I mean, granted, my only real experience with them was playing HotS just long enough to unlock an incredibly powerful battle pet for WoW (that's since been nerfed :v:). Even just playing against AI, I'd still see some incredibly irritable players.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I know you're being sarcastic but gently caress off