Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LMAO Suicide Squad ends with a blue laser shooting into the sky.

Nooooo wayyyyy. hahahahah.

The clips have been loving dire but I still have a bunch of mates who are dying to see this because of harley. They wanted to turn my birthday celebrations into a cinema and beer thing and I might just go the poub without them and meet later. loving blue lasers, man. hahahha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Harley Quinn is the worst part of the SS trailers, and some have Jared Leto in them.

Also Will Smith saying "What are we, some kind of Suicide Squad?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I knew, knew it was gonna be drek. do we have any leaks on the plot? What is even going on

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I knew, knew it was gonna be drek. do we have any leaks on the plot? What is even going on

Some demon or something has a city on lockdown and the Enchantress merges with it when they get in there and becomes the big bad. The Joker is a side character and his gang are trying to get Harley back and it SOUNDS like the warriors but instead of being cool it's just awful.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Drunken Baker posted:

a bunch of mates who are dying to see this because of harley.

Nerds have had a boner for a live action Harley forever, and the one they finally get was cast because Will Smith was like "Uh, How about hiring this girl I've been porking on the side?" and the producer is all "Whatever makes Will happy".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I thought she got hired because of her of obscenely huge clown mouth and her nude scenes in Wolf of Wall Street.

Also, why would you go see Suicide Squad to see Margot Robbie in shorts when she's completely full frontal in Wolf of Wall Street?

Your clown fetish is gross, you freaks.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Your clown fetish is gross, you freaks.

Also funny that the same special snoflakes who have a clown phobia also love a clown woman

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wtf does that mean

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^ not just me, then.

I don't get it. What am I missing here?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gorilla Salad posted:

^^^ not just me, then.

I don't get it. What am I missing here?

Avengers ended with a blue laser shooting into the sky.

Amazing Spiderman ended with a blue laser shooting into the sky.

Man of Steel ended with a blue laser shooting into the sky ground.

Fant4stic ended with a blue laser shooting into the sky.

Ninja Turtles ended with a blue laser shooting into the sky.

Every sci-fi-ish movie ends with the bad guy's blue laser being the ticking clock that drives the third act.

Bonus round: DOMES

X-men: white dome of danger

Spiderman 2: orange dome of danger

Beavis: DoJ: orange dome of danger

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 27, 2016

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

I thought she got hired because of her of obscenely huge clown mouth and her nude scenes in Wolf of Wall Street.

Nope. He actually has been banging her for a while, and he did recommend her for the part. The only thing they never made expressly clear is if he "Recommended" her or "If you want me to do this movie you'll hire her too" recommended her.

I have my suspicions...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ummm Will Smith is MARRIED?? You guys are so wrong

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Drunken Baker posted:

Some demon or something has a city on lockdown and the Enchantress merges with it when they get in there and becomes the big bad. The Joker is a side character and his gang are trying to get Harley back and it SOUNDS like the warriors but instead of being cool it's just awful.

So they're off to fight the demon. Why even have the Joker then?
Movies with B plots can work but why does this lovely film need one?

Don Tacorleone posted:

Ummm Will Smith is MARRIED?? You guys are so wrong

It's an open marriage?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Frankenstyle posted:

Nope. He actually has been banging her for a while, and he did recommend her for the part. The only thing they never made expressly clear is if he "Recommended" her or "If you want me to do this movie you'll hire her too" recommended her.

I have my suspicions...

That might have been how she got the part but I have no doubt whatsoever that she will be the only good part of that movie.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

ultrabindu posted:

So they're off to fight the demon. Why even have the Joker then?
Movies with B plots can work but why does this lovely film need one?

Why not, BvS had a B, C an D plot

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yeah from what I can gather Joker just shows up in his Helicopter every now and then just to throw a spanner in the works.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Don Tacorleone posted:

Shame about it forgetting to have an A plot.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Obviously people in CineD are really looking forward to this. After those clips (the Katana one in particular) I think we have all the proof we need they're trolling now... Or they really have lost their minds.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Don Tacorleone posted:

Oh god, you're right. I'd completely blanked that out.

There's some poo poo about special bullets Lois was investigating that never went anywhere.

There was reporter Clarke investigating the Batman that never went anywhere.

There was Lex trying to get government support for his anti-superman weapon from the senator lady that never went anywhere.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Flesh Forge posted:

That might have been how she got the part but I have no doubt whatsoever that she will be the only good part of that movie.

From what I saw in the trailer this is probably completely accurate. The one thing that make me laugh was when the "badass army chief" guy is talking about how if they annoy him he'll kill them and she just says that she's pretty annoying all the time. I completely botched the joke but I've also mostly forgotten it.

Edit: Wait, the Joker is a side plot? With all the advertising and Leto supposedly going crazy and being weird annoying I assumed he would be important.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 27, 2016

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Don Tacorleone posted:

Too much credit. I'd say it was festooned with a variety of plot-like objects.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Cowman posted:

With all the advertising and Leto supposedly going crazy and being weird annoying I assumed he would be important.

That dude is weird and annoying all the time.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Saw BvS last week. It's worse than batman and robin because at least that movie had good old schwarzenegger belting out hilarious one liners.

Wonder Woman had no reason to be there at all.

That scene in which supes stops the batmobile is ridiculous because superman totally ignores all the rockets and gunfire being shot off by lex's merc thugs in addition to not even remotely trying to figure out what is going on.

If lex was just going to weaponize the kryptonite why did he need batman at all or did he want batman to steal the kryptonite? This made no sense.

Why not hit superman with the kryptonite gas then smash him up with sonic waves and gunfire? Why use those tactics before you weaken him if your goal was to kill him?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I like Harley Quinn because she was a fun and cool character that was new and exclusive to the generally excellent Batman: The Animated Series while I was in grade school/junior high. She added a bit of extra meat to the Joker's character by being a recurring goon that was also his love interest with her own personality. It made the Joker a little more human to see him care for someone, but it also reminded you that he was a giant tool when he belittled, abused or abandoned Harleen. Harley was definitely caught up in an abusive relationship, but she didn't always take Mistah J's bullshit and she had plenty of episodes where she got time to hog the spotlight for a bit. She was also tied to the setting reasonably well, being a former psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum who got too wrapped up in studying her patients that she ended up on the other side of the bars.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

G-III posted:

Saw BvS last week. It's worse than batman and robin because at least that movie had good old schwarzenegger belting out hilarious one liners.

Wonder Woman had no reason to be there at all.

That scene in which supes stops the batmobile is ridiculous because superman totally ignores all the rockets and gunfire being shot off by lex's merc thugs in addition to not even remotely trying to figure out what is going on.

If lex was just going to weaponize the kryptonite why did he need batman at all or did he want batman to steal the kryptonite? This made no sense.

Why not hit superman with the kryptonite gas then smash him up with sonic waves and gunfire? Why use those tactics before you weaken him if your goal was to kill him?

At this point I had stopped questioning why anything happened, but this is a good point, why the gently caress doesn't superman see the batman chasing dudes with rocket launchers and he decides to stop batman instead of thugs, at this point it's well known batman beats up thugs

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Don Tacorleone posted:

At this point I had stopped questioning why anything happened, but this is a good point, why the gently caress doesn't superman see the batman chasing dudes with rocket launchers and he decides to stop batman instead of thugs, at this point it's well known batman beats up thugs

Supes doesn't even give one poo poo about the fact that there is a gang of highly skilled private military mercenaries blowing poo poo up that have just gotten away. (These mercs of course are the same mercs who set him up in Africa)

I'm just baffled how anyone could come out of the editing process here and say "yep, this looks fine... what a great sequence!"

This was easily some of the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen in a movie and I watch sompote sands movies on a regular basis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2OG7taegfw

G-III fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 27, 2016

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
It was a good movie because it showed how retarded Superman really is

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

the whole batman fighting superman thing is just a euphemism for the hot gay sex snyder would have preferred to film

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

the whole batman fighting superman thing is just a euphemism for the hot gay sex rape snyder would have preferred to film

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

you're not wrong

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Pvt.Scott posted:

I like Harley Quinn because she was a fun and cool character that was new and exclusive to the generally excellent Batman: The Animated Series while I was in grade school/junior high. She added a bit of extra meat to the Joker's character by being a recurring goon that was also his love interest with her own personality. It made the Joker a little more human to see him care for someone, but it also reminded you that he was a giant tool when he belittled, abused or abandoned Harleen. Harley was definitely caught up in an abusive relationship, but she didn't always take Mistah J's bullshit and she had plenty of episodes where she got time to hog the spotlight for a bit. She was also tied to the setting reasonably well, being a former psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum who got too wrapped up in studying her patients that she ended up on the other side of the bars.

at what point did she become daddy's little monster

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cowman posted:

Edit: Wait, the Joker is a side plot? With all the advertising and Leto supposedly going crazy and being weird annoying I assumed he would be important.

The Joker is the only villain in the entire movie that has any sort of wide public recognition factor so they had to push him really hard otherwise people might not have realised this is a DC movie. Harley Quinn is somewhat known but nowhere near as much, Killer Croc might have a teeny bit of recognition thanks to the Batman animated series, the rest might as well be characters they invented for the movie as far as non-comicbook readers are concerned.

I'm guessing that Batman will barely be in the movie at all and the brief glimpses we've seen in the SS trailers are flashbacks and will be almost his entire screentime

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

After seventy or so Batman movies, I am totally fine with that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah if they actually do just limit him to some brief flashbacks that'll show some impressive constraint.

(I guess we'll find out in a week, or even less than that when the reviews start rolling out.)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah if they actually do just limit him to some brief flashbacks that'll show some impressive constraint.

(I guess we'll find out in a week, or even less than that when the reviews start rolling out.)

I'd bet anything the set up for it is something like "Joker ditches Harley to avoid capture, and that's how she ends up in prison/some kind of Suicide Squad."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

G-III posted:

Supes doesn't even give one poo poo about the fact that there is a gang of highly skilled private military mercenaries blowing poo poo up that have just gotten away. (These mercs of course are the same mercs who set him up in Africa)

I'm just baffled how anyone could come out of the editing process here and say "yep, this looks fine... what a great sequence!"

This was easily some of the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen in a movie and I watch sompote sands movies on a regular basis:

This is something that still makes me think the movie needed something akin to a World's Finest moment that sort of flips the scales on Superman and Batman in that scene.

Chasing a truck carrying Kryptonite, have a chunk of it laying there during the first Batman/Superman meeting. It's not enough to actually hurt Superman a lot, but it could have created a moment where Batman and Superman find themselves both stunned for the first time in conflict with one another. It's enough of a stun to scare Superman for the first time in terms of his physical vulnerability in the human world, it staggers and slows him down enough to have to pause long enough where Batman can get away and he cannot focus on tracking down the truck. It gives Batman some radical insight into the value of need for the entire Kryptonite stockpile as a weapon while also realizes he needs to get the hell out of there while he can because he's not ready to go to war at that moment against the alien.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still having difficulty with Will Smith's character as "a guy who shoots things really well"

Like, I'm willing to accept Hawkeye as being a super-skilled archer because archery is loving hard, but Deadshot uses a gun.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm still having difficulty with Will Smith's character as "a guy who shoots things really well"

Like, I'm willing to accept Hawkeye as being a super-skilled archer because archery is loving hard, but Deadshot uses a gun.

Eh, it worked for The Lone Ranger.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

[extremely CineD voice]

Actually it's good that DC/WB is aping Marvel/Fox now because Batman is a naturally humorous character unlike Thor, Tony Stark, and Deadpool.

What Marvel needs to do is make Spiderman a big wet blanket gloomy gus like Superman.

Spiderman swings in, kick his leg straight through Vulture killing him instantly. As the shoot cranes upward we see a single tear rolling down Peter's face.

Welcome to marvel 2017

Edit: He's going to kill Michael Keaton

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

at what point did she become daddy's little monster

The New 52 reboot moved her away from the harlequin suit into looking like a biker slut, although I believe that they started giving her more sexualized outfits in the Arkham games.

gradenko_2000 posted:

TBF, Deadshot's mostly used as the "gun guy" these days in DC universe, apropos to the Punisher in Marvel comics. Wanted stole all of his tricks really, since the original concept of that character was as a homage to Deadshot.

• Locked thread