Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Vermette was who I almost took over Buchnevich, he still is a perfect 3C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Metapod posted:

Where? I check and check and didn't see his name? I thought it was weird

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So my current team:

Laine - Hayes - Gallagher
? - Bjugstad - Ennis
?

Chara - Hamilton
Ristolainen - Bowmeester

Hellebuyck

Coached by Mr Barry Trotz.

Hopefully Trotz can institute one of his disgusting defensive structures to keep games close.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ginette Reno
FBS
stab

i'm around all day if anyone needs to send a list to someone

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Give me Pavel Zacha. He's big and supposedly can skate and hit fairly well so even if he busts he'll still be a useful fourth liner I'm sure. And I need youth.

Zacha-Malkin-Hossa
Landeskog-Kuznetsov-Henrique
Couturier

Boychuk-Greene
Daley-Gudas

Murray

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Zacha is gonna play a lot for the Devils this year because there's no one else to play is there. The interesting thing is where that TOI will come -- 3C or 2LW? He should see 2nd unit PP time.

Technetium posted:

He's been on my radar for a bit and figured this was the right place to take him. Didn't want to watch 46 or whatever picks go by in the meantime. My defense will just have to suffer. If Hickey had still been there I probably would've picked him.

I think you probably made a good choice, Ron Francis loves him:

quote:

Hurricanes' GM Ron Francis believes Aho has a good chance at making the opening night roster next season following his performance at the World Championships earlier this month. "I would think based on everything he's done, he's certainly penciled into our lineup, if not in pen," Francis said.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 26, 2016

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jordan7hm posted:

So my current team:

Laine - Hayes - Gallagher
? - Bjugstad - Ennis
?

Chara - Hamilton
Ristolainen - Bowmeester

Hellebuyck

Coached by Mr Barry Trotz.

Hopefully Trotz can institute one of his disgusting defensive structures to keep games close.

Defence probably won't be your problem.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Infidel Castro posted:

Defence probably won't be your problem.

The problem is they need to keep teams to 0 goals so that they can win in the shootout sometimes.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

T-Bone posted:

Zacha is gonna play a lot for the Devils this year because there's no one else to play is there. The interesting thing is where that TOI will come -- 3C or 2LW? He should see 2nd unit PP time.

I think you probably made a good choice, Ron Francis loves him:

Yeah I literally saw that quote and that pushed me over the edge. Problem with picking prospects and the like is knowing whether or not they'll be on the team next year.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
This looks a like a strong crop of rookies this year: Matthews, Laine, Marner, Strome, Werenski, Provorov, Connor, Rantanen, Dvorak, Aho, Zacha, Buchnevich, Theodore, Nylander and some other dudes who haven't even been picked yet.

Hellebuyck missed it by like what 2 games? Murray is still a rookie I think technically.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 26, 2016

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pretty lucky he turned out considering he was accidentally selected when Ronnie sneezed into the mic at the draft.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's a good year, but some of those guys probably aren't going to be full time NHLers. It's really tough to gauge how these guys are handled before the fact, if only because coaches and management teams don't always make decisions that favour the rookies. Like, Pulock not being an NHLer this year was really surprising.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
No doubt, and there will be some guys who break in that we didn't expect too.

Just last year though we had: Panarin, Eichel, Domi, McDavid, Gostisbehere, Larkin, Duclair, Reinhart, Ehlers, Fabbri, Bennett, Donskoi, Parayko, Hanafin, Slavin and a few others who haven't been picked yet playing meaningful minutes.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I actually have poo poo to do at work today

but after five minutes frantic googling the Blackhawks are proud to select Stephen Johns, again.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

No doubt, and there will be some guys who break in that we didn't expect too.

Just last year though we had: Panarin, Eichel, Domi, McDavid, Gostisbehere, Larkin, Duclair, Reinhart, Ehlers, Fabbri, Bennett, Donskoi, Parayko, Hanafin, Slavin and a few others who haven't been picked yet playing meaningful minutes.

Absolutely. There are a bunch of guys not on your original list who I think will play, and I'm sure a bunch more will have good training camps and come "out of nowhere" like Parayko, Donskoi, and Slavin did.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stab has until 6:56, followed by Paulocaust and ThinkTank

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Running around so time to draft another center so i can have two grinder lines full of centers

Centers: gotta catch them all

And i want the one wih the most heavy metal name of all time :megadeath:

Calle Jarnkrok

IRON HOOK!!!!!

stab fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 26, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Paulocaust is skipped, ThinkTank can pick

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Josh Bailey

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
I will now take Eric Haula. Because I can.

1 : Filip Forsberg - Alex Galchenyuk - Andreas Athanasiou
2 : Artemi Panarin - Jean Gabriel Pageau - Rickard Rakell
3 : ?? - Erik Haula - Jake Virtanen
4 : ?? - ?? - ??

D1 : Noah Hanifin - Morgan Reilly
D2 : Jacob Slavin - ??
D3 : ?? - ??

G : Petr Mrazek

Next is Ottis Reddit.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Motherfucker, now that I'm home I actually got to do some research and now I know who I should have taken with my last pick.

Fingers crossed I don't get hecked over.

EDIT: Nevermind, they weren't showing up in the search for whatever reason but have been taken. I should have figured so.

Yaya fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 27, 2016

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I have two of my guys available here, so I'm gonna pick the younger one, and at a thinner position despite his awful contract. Step on up, Jeff Carter.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Otis Reddit posted:

I have two of my guys available here, so I'm gonna pick the younger one, and at a thinner position despite his awful contract. Step on up, Jeff Carter.

What the gently caress are you smoking?

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Otis Reddit posted:

already taken jesus christ

e: Oh a first line forward on a cup contending team still available when we're drafting third liners??? sign me up!!!!

e: i thought Rakell was bad

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
My Control F was broken sorry guys.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
gently caress it. I'll take my coach here. Mike Sullivan

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Hey guys my ctrl f is broken can i take sidney crosby with my next pick

If hes not there gently caress it give me that ovechkin guy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I feel your pain Otis :sympathy:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Is Chris Pronger still available?

Will this be the first draft where nobody has to pretend that Lecavalier is still an NHL player?

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

just getting my poo poo talking out of the way before i inevitably pick someone who was picked

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
hey guys had Gordie Howe been taken yet?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

tofes posted:

hey guys had Gordie Howe been taken yet?

like you wouldn't believe

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Toronto takes Riley Sheahan:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Flyinglemur sent me his picks:

quote:

I need another goalie and I need to hit the Cap Floor so I'm going to disregard the glaring hole down the middle of my team as well as the ridiculous lack of Defense and draft one Mark Andre "MAF" Fleury.

Good Soldier Svejk is up

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

On the metro. I'll have Colin Wilson. Real bad season but real good playoffs and fancies.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
We should have to submit an expansion draft protection list and then anoint a king to choose a Las Vegas roster.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I think he's still available, so I'll take the part man, part cat, part horse... Tomas Plekanec.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Toronto takes Riley Sheahan:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

On the metro. I'll have Colin Wilson. Real bad season but real good playoffs and fancies.

welp

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Give me Curtis Lazar because I am broke

Neal-Getzlaf-P. Kane
Ladd-Jenner-Marleau
?-Lazar-?

Weber-Seabrook
Enstrom-Ceci

Neuvirth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Paulocaust posted:

Give me Curtis Lazar because I am broke

Neal-Getzlaf-P. Kane
Ladd-Jenner-Marleau
?-Lazar-?

Weber-Seabrook
Enstrom-Ceci

Neuvirth

You're going to have a serious depth issue, but honestly that's probably the best win now team out there.

• Locked thread