Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

You're incredibly wrong and I'm just sitting here laughing thinking about it.

unfortunately its the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

nintendo announces a new portable system powered by the nvidia tegra, a mobile processor built for a perfect balance between power and battery life, that plays games off cartridges, a medium with better performance on the go than discs that are more popular for home gaming experiences
uneducated sony fanboy: i'm not going to preorder this console, i already have a perfectly good wii u
me (very smart, lifelong nintendo fan): i cant wait to buy nintendos new handheld mobile gaming system so i can play it out and about on the go, or hook it up to my tv when not in public

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Soral posted:

the nx is a very powerful handheld system that can hook up to a tv, not a home console system that you can take with you on the go. i hope this helps you understand why it is not being advertised as a replacement for the home console system that nintendo already sells.

Do you think they're gonna make a mainline pokemon game for it? Because if it was meant to be their new handheld they would

And they delayed the Wii U Zelda for it. Also with no BC if it's true you can't buy a pokemon game and play it on the 3DS and also NX, like every other gen usually does. I dunno man seems like it's being treated like the wii u replacement more than 3ds replacement

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 27, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The reveal is definitely going to be Reggie walking out on stage playing it, pretending to have just noticed the crowd and being like "Oh hi, do you guys want to see what I'm playing?" at which point he docks it on the stage and keeps playing Breath of the Wild on a huge screen.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
seeing a bunch of brand new first-party games coming out is gonna be such a sight for sore eyes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i wonder if the nx will somehow bypass the rule that only handhelds get the mainline pokemon games..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i can buy a wii u nao :-)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I mean if it's truly portable then it's going to have the handheld games too. This is loving awesome.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

please stop posting about eurogamer clickbait articles i'm being triggered and cucked and timb

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I mean if it's truly portable then it's going to have the handheld games too. This is loving awesome.

they just released the new 3ds its not getting portable games lol

mysterious loyall X posted:

please stop posting about eurogamer clickbait articles i'm being triggered and cucked and timb

this. it goes on and on about specs and then at the end theres a short paragraph "this is just a rumor and when we contacted nintendo about it they told us to go gently caress ourselves"

Soral
May 30, 2009

Peztopiary posted:

Soral is the person who broke the heart of gamers everywhere with the Mario Maker fire update picture. I choose to believe the new system will be cool instead of a Wii-U Portable.

ok but i promise this one is real though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

You're an absolute monster.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Soral posted:

lmao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

they just released the new 3ds its not getting portable games lol

this. it goes on and on about specs and then at the end theres a short paragraph "this is just a rumor and when we contacted nintendo about it they told us to go gently caress ourselves"

The New 3ds will have been out for two years when this thing launches with like one and a half exclusives in that timeframe, the 3ds itself is older than the Wii U. If the NX is actually portable why wouldn't they release handheld games on it?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm excited about "docking."

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
such a huge bummer for those of us who were hoping Nintendo would fully embrace VR with the nx

seems like a shame to stick to the ways of the past.. oh, japan... :eng99:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Soral posted:

lmao

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

such a huge bummer for those of us who were hoping Nintendo would fully embrace VR with the nx

Or it'll have portable vr and rack up a respectable body count with "Pokemon Go 2"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

sTop it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

you should be locked in a dungeon with only my levels for entertainment

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Soral posted:

the nx is a very powerful handheld system that can hook up to a tv, not a home console system that you can take with you on the go. i hope this helps you understand why it is not being advertised as a replacement for the home console system that nintendo already sells.

This kicks rear end. Can't wait for it to launch alongside The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Minecraft Portable Plus and Red Dead Remastered Collection

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I don't believe the rumors.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Soral posted:

Patriots-level media manipulation. Masterful.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i got one of the buffalo snes controllers and gaming old has never been better. what are some great snes games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Contra III: The Alien Wars

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Cybernator

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Any first party title is essential, of course

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm playing Zelda 1 second quest and I can't find the shop that sells the meat which means I'm stuck in level 3. I refuse to break out a guide of any sort but drat this poo poo is frustrating

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hope it doesn't replace the 3DS because I just got a New this year and would feel dumb as hell

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Soral posted:

In Training posted:

You're an absolute monster.

Bobnumerotres posted:

you should be locked in a dungeon with only my levels for entertainment
:yeah:

EVO the Search for Evolution is a really fun SNES game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

I'm playing Zelda 1 second quest and I can't find the shop that sells the meat which means I'm stuck in level 3. I refuse to break out a guide of any sort but drat this poo poo is frustrating

burn every tree

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Peztopiary posted:

:yeah:

EVO the Search for Evolution is a really fun SNES game

i wish the levels were better and the hit detection wasn't so janky

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hope it doesn't replace the 3DS because I just got a New this year and would feel dumb as hell

the 3ds has a lot of life left in it IMO. i just got my new 1 this year 2. but tbh im going to play it for the rest of my life anwyay. im the worlds biggest 3d fan :-)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The amount of good DS/3DS games in that library is staggering

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The amount of good DS/3DS games in that library is staggering
The entire Game Boy to 3DS line is Nintendo's biggest string of successes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only disappointing handheld Nintendo games are Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's New Island, and Spirit Tracks. Everything else is among Nintendo's best stuff.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

minish cap is a brilliant game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nintendo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if I could gently caress my 3ds, hell... I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012