Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Reverand maynard posted:

Zeph is a fuckin' weirdo freighter sperg that had a mental breakdown and joined horde but she has been talking about how much she hates fcon lately so I've set personal standinngs to orange instead of red. Your on the same club as globby and Paco now but you're a waysoff from the +5 of bbtb3

why is globby bad again hes basically the patron saint of goon in eve online

never seen any other person cause so much chaos and tears and also rule bending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
H Y P E R D U N K I N G

Someone had to be the fall guy for that abortion of a name.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i refuse to call it anything but globbing, in honor of the creator, much like awox

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i refuse to call it anything but globbing, in honor of the creator, much like awox

Compromise. Hyperglobbing?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
compromise: you dont respond to me unless I'm talking about you

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nigga crab pollock posted:

why is globby bad again hes basically the patron saint of goon in eve online

never seen any other person cause so much chaos and tears and also rule bending

Because he's better at griefing than me

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I miss awoxing so much. Getting deadtear to neutral logi my awoxing bhaalgorn was drat close to peak comedy

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
The most annoying thing about Zephyrine is that the rest of you won't stop making half of every page about her.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reverand maynard posted:

I miss awoxing so much. Getting deadtear to neutral logi my awoxing bhaalgorn was drat close to peak comedy

I knew I had a guardian for some fuckin reason but couldn't remember what it was.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zephyrine posted:

I actually implied apologies to theta twice already over that statement.

I never claimed to be important. In fact i invested a lot of isk and effort into making sure my role in ITL could easily be handled by another. It was one of the reasons I didn't use various IT services.

Your fragile personality and your wildly unreliable shipping schedule made sure most people I knew DID have their cargo "handled by another". Namely Charmander, or the ITL pilots in Theta comms who would actually commit to prompt delivery. You burned your bridges early and hard with your habit of screeching at people who had issues.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

Your fragile personality and your wildly unreliable shipping schedule made sure most people I knew DID have their cargo "handled by another". Namely Charmander, or the ITL pilots in Theta comms who would actually commit to prompt delivery. You burned your bridges early and hard with your habit of screeching at people who had issues.

The priority was Range > Price > Time

As in the most important priority was that the range we serviced covered as much of Imperium space as possible. I would rather service a whole region every 48 or even 72 hours than service YA0 once a day.

The second priority was to keep prices as low as possible.

The third priority was to keep delivery times as short as possible.

I think you exaggerate the screeching part.

Range is more important than anything because it dictates how well people can spread out and work in our sov space. This was especially important as the coalition was growing denser. People needed to be able to work all across space and not be bound to work within or in short range of established hubs.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 27, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

service YA0 once a day

this is why padded helmets was rich as gently caress and you went broke

people will bring their poo poo to yao if you service it once a day (doing half your work for you)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

this is why padded helmets was rich as gently caress and you went broke

I never cared about isk. I enjoyed the RP space trucker thing.

Orange Red Bull posted:

people will bring their poo poo to yao if you service it once a day (doing half your work for you)

People will bring the stuff they safely can which greatly limits what kind of work they can perform and in what systems.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Reverand maynard posted:

Zeph is a fuckin' weirdo freighter sperg that had a mental breakdown and joined horde but she has been talking about how much she hates fcon lately so I've set personal standinngs to orange instead of red. Your on the same club as globby and Paco now but you're a waysoff from the +5 of bbtb3

:raise:

Deofuta posted:

H Y P E R D U N K I N G

Someone had to be the fall guy for that abortion of a name.

fun fact, that name was coined by the same guy who later stole the CODE. executor ship and then hosed off never to be seen again.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 27, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

fun fact, that name was coined by the same guy who later stole the CODE. executor ship and then hosed off never to be seen again.

I thought Loyal was banned.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Zephyrine posted:

I thought Loyal was banned.

loyal didn't coin the term and loyal is only sort of banned by his own claims now

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

redacted posted:

I actually implied apologies to theta twice already over that statement.

What on earth is an implied apology? "They should have known I was sorry even though I chose not to apologize?"

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Read the thread for the first time in a while and basically this is my thoughts:

turevidar posted:

The most annoying thing about [retard] is that the rest of you won't stop making half of every page about schlim.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Wibla posted:

You're spending a lot of :words: to basically write "I'm a loving J4G who doesn't really get how it works, but I sure as hell am gonna post about it anyways!"

:frogout:

Nah

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Maneck posted:

What on earth is an implied apology? "They should have known I was sorry even though I chose not to apologize?"

Like these I figured:

and

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god shut the gently caress up

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

Oh my god shut the gently caress up

same but all of you falling over yourselves to reply to literally everything she says

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

same but all of you falling over yourselves to reply to literally everything she says

Same but all of you who are replying to the slowbrain babies who are pissy someone left their space guild three months ago.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving D-name posters and your white noise posting.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
/me plays the brown note in post form

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Elsa posted:

/me plays the brown note in post form

redundant post

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I never thought I'd get sick of shittalking Zephyrine, but goddamn guys, we made it happen.

So I noticed in the year since I was last subbed we switched over to shield Nags (rip capital rigs) and also gave up our dreads having any amount of local reps. The shield switch makes sense given that the armor thing was more of a structural relic from everyone's super fleet initially being armor tanked, but what changed that our Dreads are now pure buffer fit?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Voyager I posted:

I never thought I'd get sick of shittalking Zephyrine, but goddamn guys, we made it happen.

So I noticed in the year since I was last subbed we switched over to shield Nags (rip capital rigs) and also gave up our dreads having any amount of local reps. The shield switch makes sense given that the armor thing was more of a structural relic from everyone's super fleet initially being armor tanked, but what changed that our Dreads are now pure buffer fit?

doomsdays can inflict an amount of damage that exceeds the total buffer of an active tanked dreadnought, making your local rep useless

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Iirc those shield nags can eat 3 doomsdays if you overheat all the hardeners. And now you get the hull energizer too

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Glory of Arioch posted:

doomsdays can inflict an amount of damage that exceeds the total buffer of an active tanked dreadnought, making your local rep useless

This was always the case, even back when our Dreads were universally active tanked, and now Dreads even have a special "live through this DD" module that would presumably make being able to rep back up afterwards even more desirable than it already was.

Of course, back then DDs did enough damage that they were going to on-shot a Dread unless it had a full rack of racial hardeners and capital buffer mods didn't exist, so there wasn't really a way to have a combat fit that also tanked around getting DD'ed. With the more recent changes since I left, can buffer-fit Dreads now survive DDs?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Voyager I posted:

This was always the case, even back when our Dreads were universally active tanked, and now Dreads even have a special "live through this DD" module that would presumably make being able to rep back up afterwards even more desirable than it already was.

Of course, back then DDs did enough damage that they were going to on-shot a Dread unless it had a full rack of racial hardeners and capital buffer mods didn't exist, so there wasn't really a way to have a combat fit that also tanked around getting DD'ed. With the more recent changes since I left, can buffer-fit Dreads now survive DDs?

you can easily fit all four types of dreads (except the moros unless you neuter its damage throughput) to soak a single DD

the Capital Emergency GBS Unit is a skillshot, which makes it not as reliable as just straight up taking a DD on the chin

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Fair enough. I guess part of the reason we were all active tanked before was also that you couldn't really buffer fit a Dread prior to capital buffer mods being invented.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Voyager I posted:

Fair enough. I guess part of the reason we were all active tanked before was also that you couldn't really buffer fit a Dread prior to capital buffer mods being invented.

yeah -- we actually had a pre-Citadel patch naglfar shield fit that could soak three out of four DDs, but it required c-type hardeners

now that DD damage is halved it's easy peasy

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

loving D-name posters and your white noise posting.

Ok there duba

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No problemo DruitNDogurtDarfait Deadtear

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah -- we actually had a pre-Citadel patch naglfar shield fit that could soak three out of four DDs, but it required c-type hardeners

now that DD damage is halved it's easy peasy

carriers and dreads can soak DDs easily now

IMO caps are in a decent place now

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

[posts about zeph]

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Voyager I posted:

Yeah, basically the only dread that could soak a DD and still be fully combat-effective was the Phoenix, since it was the only hull with a resist bonus (and could do a full tank fit while having multiple damage mods). Sure, you got speed-tanked by a bump, but it was fun, and I actually survived being drivebyed several times -- and that 150k alpha strike was amazing for subcap blapping.

Then the Citadel patch nerfed torp application so that it could barely shoot small sticks and carriers could speedtank torps just by aligning, because they needed some reason to require using Rapid Torp Launchers :(

(I'm actually of the opinion that competent goons should use an active-tanked Nag fit instead; you can tank 50k dps for over 5 minutes while still doing full damage, with only minimal pimping. But buffer fits are, as they like to say, goonproof.)

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 27, 2016

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

dreamin' posted:

Short term, we're gonna watch Saranen clear out and probably throw some blackops on northern ratters who hopefully become even more lazy now that the goon menace is gone, and maybe assert dominance amongst minor goon run alliances by adding goonswarm ratters in fade to the target list :toot:

After that, we're gonna go pick a nice spot on the map to deploy to where there is enough entertainment nearby so we don't run out of things to shoot, stay until it gets boring and move on to the next spot, training our pilots how to be better at eve in the process (especially those that haven't been around long enough so they only know horrific inventions like speed proteus' :twisted: ) Throw up an astrohaus here and there in the process probably, and maybe lose a bunch of supercaps trying to do dumb stuff with the new weaponry

I have fond memories of flying with exe when you guys lived in cloud ring and constantly murdering evoke, best of luck to you dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, basically the only dread that could soak a DD and still be fully combat-effective was the Phoenix, since it was the only hull with a resist bonus (and could do a full tank fit while having multiple damage mods). Sure, you got speed-tanked by a bump, but it was fun, and I actually survived being drivebyed several times -- and that 150k alpha strike was amazing for subcap blapping.

Then the Citadel patch nerfed torp application so that it could barely shoot small sticks and carriers could speedtank torps just by aligning, because they needed some reason to require using Rapid Torp Launchers :(

(I'm actually of the opinion that competent goons should use an active-tanked Nag fit instead; you can tank 50k dps for over 5 minutes while still doing full damage, with only minimal pimping. But buffer fits are, as they like to say, goonproof.)

dread meta right now for a lot of stuff is just buffer+disposable

what's really sad is HAW dreads haven't become more of a thing

• Locked thread