Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Trump fleshpound mod please. Complete with PhysX hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
But how will he hit anything with such tiny hands?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

What would his resistance be?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Plan Z posted:

What would his resistance be?
Every time someone makes a bad balancing argument on the official forums, he doubles his HP. His globally persistent HP.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Every time someone makes a bad balancing argument on the official forums, he doubles his HP. His globally persistent HP.

:drat:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/955146090524775688

New opt-in beta thingy with a bunch of whacky and fun balance changes. The changes are massive but here's a summary, ignoring some minor perk changes.

Berserker still does next to no damage but they're making him tankier with some skill selections which is okay, I guess? They buffed those skills because they weren't being picked as much over the offensive skills, but I'm pretty sure that's because they made Berserker awful at offense and people are trying to correct that with skill choices rather than people not wanting to play as a defensive Berserker. It's like treating internal hemorrhaging by putting a bandage on their arm.

Some minor Commando buffs, mainly backup makes the pistol and knife do double damage which is nice.

They added a new passive for Gunslinger that increases reload speed during zed time and then decided to nerf his movement speed bonus for no reason. Rack Em Up is now based off of time instead if you missing like an idiot so you can spam your shots, and its alternative does extra damage for shooting limbs on top of being a general damage buff as well, which is nice.

Demo is getting some minor buffs to its skills and gets reactive armor as a passive (the one that makes you explode and live with 5 health when you would otherwise die).

Medic got a complete rework with the skill trees making him focus on buffing (giving teammates movement speed and damage resistance as well as healing the Medic when he heals somebody else) or just making him more combat-oriented (making all Medic guns just passively apply the poison effect and doing more damage in general).

Firebug got a slight rework with his skill selections being either doing more damage directly or extending burn times to ridiculous amounts of time so enemies will just constantly be panicking (as well as a neat skill that makes zeds take more damage while on fire).

Support now can repair broken doors (finally) and passively give ammo on top of also getting increased carrying weight capacity as a passive. For some reason they gave Support a perk that restores both ammo and armor to your teammates when they get ammo from you on top of giving yourself extra ammo, and it's competing against a perk that just stumbles zeds when you shoot them. One neat thing is Support got a zed time skill at 25 that makes shotgun rounds pierce infinitely.

Lastly, some of the Sharpshooter perks that nobody used got buffed slightly.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 29, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The medic stuff sounds kind of interesting but the buff perks really sound like the best choice I feel and I don't like armament being gone.

As for the zerker changes, people don't pick those perks because they're poo poo compared to the others, its the problem KF2 has always had, its a no brainer what you should pick.

People don't pick dreadnaught because its competing with faster movement speed, zerker without speed is pointless.

Vampire is competing with butcher, nobody's going to take small health regen over more damage.

Parrying is competing with resistance, much like speed, a zerker without any sort of damage resistance is pointless to have around.

The massacre change sounds good but its still competing with smash which is a hefty damage boost and makes the zwei just slightly less not poo poo.

I hate to say it but zerker needs another re-work, changing all its passive abilities to perks just isn't working, they need to decide what exactly they want the zerker to do.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Quick Draw adds back the missing 5% of additional movement speed the Gunslinger lost as a passive for some reason.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

New opt-in beta thingy with a bunch of whacky and fun balance changes. The changes are massive but here's a summary, ignoring some minor perk changes.

Berserker still does next to no damage but they're making him tankier with some skill selections which is okay, I guess? They buffed those skills because they weren't being picked as much over the offensive skills, but I'm pretty sure that's because they made Berserker awful at offense and people are trying to correct that with skill choices rather than people not wanting to play as a defensive Berserker. It's like treating internal hemorrhaging by putting a bandage on their arm.

Some minor Commando buffs, mainly backup makes the pistol and knife do double damage which is nice.

They added a new passive for Gunslinger that increases reload speed during zed time and then decided to nerf his movement speed bonus for no reason. Rack Em Up is now based off of time instead if you missing like an idiot so you can spam your shots, and its alternative does extra damage for shooting limbs on top of being a general damage buff as well, which is nice.

Demo is getting some minor buffs to its skills and gets reactive armor as a passive (the one that makes you explode and live with 5 health when you would otherwise die).

Medic got a complete rework with the skill trees making him focus on buffing (giving teammates movement speed and damage resistance as well as healing the Medic when he heals somebody else) or just making him more combat-oriented (making all Medic guns just passively apply the poison effect and doing more damage in general).

Firebug got a slight rework with his skill selections being either doing more damage directly or extending burn times to ridiculous amounts of time so enemies will just constantly be panicking (as well as a neat skill that makes zeds take more damage while on fire).

Support now can repair broken doors (finally) and passively give ammo on top of also getting increased carrying weight capacity as a passive. For some reason they gave Support a perk that restores both ammo and armor to your teammates when they get ammo from you on top of giving yourself extra ammo, and it's competing against a perk that just stumbles zeds when you shoot them. One neat thing is Support got a zed time skill at 25 that makes shotgun rounds pierce infinitely.

"Healing is for nerds" medic sounds kind of fun.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Honestly, KF2 slowly seems to be heading in a better direction with the recent updates and new class reworks. I'm somewhat disappointed that armor repair is gone for Medic, but it was inevitable because of how many people whined about it on their official forums.

I don't completely trust Tripwire though; they've hosed up a lot in the past, and I want to wait until people actually play with the reworked classes before I really start supporting the changes. I except most of the powerful abilities that come from this patch are going to be nerfed to hell and back, since it's TWI's MO for balance.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
trust no one

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I didn't see "tier 1 perk weapon will once again one shot a gorefast skull and other loving trash on Hard+" anywhere in there :v:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That proposed updated sounded... Good? I mean, zerker is dead to me after the golden year, but the rest of the stuff seems nice.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ZearothK posted:

That proposed updated sounded... Good? I mean, zerker is dead to me after the golden year, but the rest of the stuff seems nice.

The hateboner the MLG Pro Hard-only pubstar players, 6-man HoE coordinated over Discord players, and TWI have had for Zerk means it's going to be a piece of poo poo for a long time. There's no way they're going to make it good again for the foreseeable future.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Theta Zero posted:

This all sounds good and chill. Bring back mountain pass any ganja farm.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Danknificent posted:

trust no one

I hear you.

At this point, I'm probably going to wait until it's officially "finished" to play again so they can add all the classes and get the initial wave of class rework nerfing out of their system.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I guess that I have no idea about game design or anything, or maybe that it's the holiday season and people are out of the office, but hot drat why does this beta take 2-3 WEEKS to prepare? Why annouce it so early too? I mean I'm not sure if the beta will last as much as the waiting time for it given how it went last time. I am very excited for all those changes and man there are some good ideas but apart from the berserker "Zeds will now flee from you cause bro you're scary" they don't seem to require this much time to implement (or re-implement in some cases). I could get it if it was some custom game engine and because of that it gets harder to program new content as the time goes on, like Binding Of Isaac, but this is the good old Unreal engine.
And I know that I should treat it like a finished product because TWI are, but come on, this is early access, if you're going to work on shuffling numbers around this long here, I fear the glacial pace of the updates after release.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Kikas posted:

I guess that I have no idea about game design or anything, or maybe that it's the holiday season and people are out of the office, but hot drat why does this beta take 2-3 WEEKS to prepare?

Internal testing. Come on, we've been over this.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Laputanmachine posted:

Internal testing. Come on, we've been over this.

All good changes tested badly internally were removed.

However good news is that resistence buffs to the head tested well internally and have been pushed to live instead.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The biggest reason for this taking 2-3 weeks to prepare in this situation is that the work is not actually done yet (maybe it's half-done but the requirements are now locked in) and they are releasing what's going to be happening for comment.

If there's a firestorm around a few requirements it then becomes a lot easier to modify or drop those requirements. That's the optimistic interpretation, anyway, and it has happened with a couple of other games before, so it's not like I'm (necessarily) wishing.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/959650329639113936

More beta info, including:

SWAT perks and loadout
M79 being replaced with M4 with M203 (apparently powerwise equal to the bullpup + M79)

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Luchadork posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/959650329639113936

More beta info, including:

SWAT perks and loadout
M79 being replaced with M4 with M203 (apparently powerwise equal to the bullpup + M79)

Game is headed in the right direction again. This looks fun and I will play it a lot

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I hope the M4 has selective fire. It didnt in KF1 and as a result even small bursting would make you go all over the place. I can see Commando making use of it though.

EDIT : SWAT weapons are underwhelming at best. I don't understand why people jerk off over that trash tier Kriss Vector.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I wonder what happens to the M79 now. I can't imagine they'll completely scrap it, considering how long it's been in and all the skins out there for it.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

quote:

Battering Ram - During Zed time, you move in real-time and have massive knockdown power when you run into a zed

hahaha hell yes

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Heavy Armor Training - While you still have armor, you do not take health damage, clots can’t grab you and you start the game with 50% armor

I wonder if this is why they're gonna gently caress up Armament.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
So if SWAT is appearing to be some kind of bullrushing tank/stumbler, where does that leave berserker? A parrying tank?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Foreskin Problems posted:

So if SWAT is appearing to be some kind of bullrushing tank/stumbler, where does that leave berserker? A parrying tank?

I think they mean for SWAT to slow zeds down, given all its stumble bonuses. Sounds fairly ehh but I'll reserve final judgement until I can actually play it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Foreskin Problems posted:

Outside of meatshielding for hans, zerk is pretty useless right now and once those medic changes come along any other class will be able to take damage when it counts as well as the zerk does.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The tanking idea sounds nice in theory, but I"m afraid that SWAT won't enough armor to effectively tank. Even with Assault Armor, using the Heavy Armor Training skill means your armor will run out fairly quickly, either from getting hit by random zeds or trying to tank the big guys. Once your armor is gone, you are hosed.

I'm also concerned that the class won't actually be fun to play because all you have are spray-and-pray SMGs without anything interesting else going on besides mediocre tanking abilities.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
A class that doesn't take health damage with armor will be the bane of Sirens, and I am okay with that.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Luchadork posted:

I wonder what happens to the M79 now. I can't imagine they'll completely scrap it, considering how long it's been in and all the skins out there for it.

TW just said on the KF subreddit that the M79 is now the T2 weapon and the M4 is T3. Now I'm not sure what that means for the C4 and the grenade pistol!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I can't say I can see much purpose for the C4 at all right now. The grenade pistol is fantastic as a starter weapon, as it should be.

There's just really no reason to carry around C4, I think. I don't know what it's supposed to do, but it's not appealing enough to use over the rocket launcher/grenade launcher combo. If the M4 is made so you can carry the M4, C4, and grenade pistol, I can maybe see it as some alternate loadout which does the same thing the rocket launcher/grenade launcher combo does but just differently.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SWAT seems like a better Zerker than the current Zerker in terms of tanking and disrupting Zeds. Hell, Flashbang will probably fulfill the same role as the electric grenade, except better due to a wider blast radius. That Zed time ability for shoving zeds around sounds hilariously fun, though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm so glad SWAT is getting a flashbang.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Theta Zero posted:

I can't say I can see much purpose for the C4 at all right now. The grenade pistol is fantastic as a starter weapon, as it should be.

There's just really no reason to carry around C4, I think. I don't know what it's supposed to do, but it's not appealing enough to use over the rocket launcher/grenade launcher combo. If the M4 is made so you can carry the M4, C4, and grenade pistol, I can maybe see it as some alternate loadout which does the same thing the rocket launcher/grenade launcher combo does but just differently.

I only recently started playing a lot of Demo and I really love the class, but yeah I never touch the C4. I wouldn't shed a tear if it went away.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

I'm so glad SWAT is getting a flashbang.

What can go wrong?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

What can go wrong?

Yea I can't get excited for class announcements when Trip routinely gently caress everything up.

I'm expecting SWAT to be real good come launch and the armor stuff to be downright broken for awhile then nerfed into poo poo after awhile.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh neat the kriss variant instead of the boring Glock variant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
i am legit going to client side model swap the Kriss. Such an ugly loving gun, I don't see why they couldn't have gone with a UMP.