Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Panthers select David Perron. there aren't many legit second line players left out there and he has the 5v5 production and the fancies of a more than respectable 2LW and he will look nice alongside Hanzal and Frolik, especially with his salary that will keep me from drowning in sub cap floor hell

Hoffman-Duchene-Duclair
Perron-Hanzal-Frolik
x-Backlund-x

Hedman-Severson
Lindholm-McCabe
x-x

James Reimer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

furnaceface is up btw

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im just on my way to work so nothing fancy right now. Calgary will take one Andrew Shaw. Guy is good for 30+ points, 100+ offensive zone penalties at inopportune times, but isnt jsut a thug or punchman and can actually hockey at times. Plus I need at least one bad contract to ensure I hit the cap floor.

I think tofes is up?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
you guys really hosed up my list this round so I guess I'll take sergei bobrovsky

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Toronto takes Riley Sheahan:

Is this a grown man wearing a teletubby costume?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Menamino is skipped, JoelJoel can pick now.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

you guys move fast in the morning, sorry

i'll take Leo Komarov

I thought he was a winger but nhl.com says he's a center so that's official enough for me to put him in as my fourth line center. Has fancies are pretty good, borderline first liner at least on shot suppression, and put up a 19g/17a/36p line in 67 games so he should provide some scoring upside while being able to be a plus on the possession side

plus last year my best pick was Lee Stempniak late so I'm hoping the trend of Le- dudes blowing up will continue. If it does, you're welcome, toronto fans

joeljoel is up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Metapod posted:

Is this a grown man wearing a teletubby costume?

He got caught drunk driving a long time ago and he was wearing a teletubby costume, yes.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I think he also had Brendan Smith's ID. It was a good night for Riley Sheahan.

Detroit's got a Teletubby and a Pokemon. Good stuff.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

praise be to eugene melnyk and his willingness to spend money on mike hoffman

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Menamino posted:

you guys move fast in the morning, sorry

i'll take Leo Komarov

I thought he was a winger but nhl.com says he's a center so that's official enough for me to put him in as my fourth line center. Has fancies are pretty good, borderline first liner at least on shot suppression, and put up a 19g/17a/36p line in 67 games so he should provide some scoring upside while being able to be a plus on the possession side

plus last year my best pick was Lee Stempniak late so I'm hoping the trend of Le- dudes blowing up will continue. If it does, you're welcome, toronto fans

joeljoel is up

He's only played wing in the NHL really. He's better as a winger than a center because of his hard forechecking ways of being a living target seeking missile.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Technetium posted:

He's only played wing in the NHL really. He's better as a winger than a center because of his hard forechecking ways of being a living target seeking missile.

I thought so too, I'll probably wind up playing him at wing too but at least the old center designation gives a little wiggle room if need be

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Okay, taking a risk on this one as he's somehow unsigned, but I'll take Jiri Hudler. He could gently caress off to the KHL or get signed for way too much but I like his style, boxcars, and fancyfeast.

He took a bit of a step back last year but I'll attribute that more to playing on the real Flames than to age. I feel like he's got a few good years left in him and he's a great tool core still needs a few years, he can slot up in the lineup and let the younger guys take the easy minutes. He's only a few years removed from a 75+ point season and, depending on deployment, he should be good for 15 30 for another 2 or 3 years. Either way I'm surprised he made it back to me and he'll make a great Star.

Okay, I know I need another D man pretty bad and I have my eye on enough serviceable 3-4 guys that I should get what I want. Team is built to be good now but really peak in the 2-5 year window I've set up with that majority of my core being in or just entering their prime. For now, however, please make fun of my team.

Benn (27) - Krecji (30) - Stone (24)
Johansson (25) - Zbanejad(23) - Palmeri (25)
X - Colburne (26) - Hudler (31)

Ellis (25) - Ekholm (26)
X - Phaneuf (31)

Varlamov (28)

e: Leaves me with ~23m left* for 8 guys, most of which should be on relatively cap friendly deals.

*plus Hudler's whatever contract; +/- a few mil for salary cap change

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 27, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I woke up this morning and realized the right handed shot I should have taken was Cody Franson so I'm delighted to see him still available.

mmm, look at those blue bars. Teemu Pokemon is up

JVR - Thornton - Radulov
Vesey - Bonino - Iginla

Karlsson - Vlasic
Gardiner - Franson
? - Carrick

Allen

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nah, man, it's all about the blue ballsdots.

Anyway, I like that pick. I'm sure someone will overpay for him after next year but if he's a lefty I'm pretty inclined to pick Cody over my next guy.

I like your D a lot. It's either one of the or the best I've looked at so far. That top 6 has a lot of question marks tho. Your team wont be bad if: if JVR stays healthy and good, if Radulov isn't benched (LOL), if Iggy doesn't take a steep drop off, if Vesey can make a huge splash immediately in the NHL, if Thornton doesn't turn to dust (he won't), and if Bonino manages 20 again somehow.

I mean, it could happen.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I will win every game 1-0

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
uuuuuugh there goes both my picks.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sorry, man. If my list hadn't gotten gently caress in the last 10 picks he'd have been all yours.

On deck:

Dandy KaiserTeemu Pokemon
Infidel Castro
i am the bird
VJeff 2x

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cody is a real good pick, I didn't think he or Perron would last til my next pick and I guessed (very wrongly it seems) that Franson had a better chance.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Sharks take Jason Zucker because I LIKE SPEED and he scored 20 goals once and I'm probably going to end up having two checking lines and forecheck and Crosby everyone to death

Nelson-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-xxx-Brown

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison

Infidel Castro
i am the bird
VJeff x2

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Yaya posted:

I woke up this morning and realized the right handed shot I should have taken was Cody Franson so I'm delighted to see him still available.

JVR - Thornton - Radulov
Vesey - Bonino - Iginla

Karlsson - Vlasic
Gardiner - Franson
? - Carrick

Allen

that defense is sick but man that top six looks average to awful, mainly because I don't think Radulov will be a legit top liner nor will Vesey be v good. Thornton/JVR own and Bonino is an average second liner and Iginla is ancient. But gently caress that defense holy

Unlike my team which is A++++ all around

Gaudreau - Couture - Parenteau
E Kane - Stastny - W. Nylander
Sebastian Aho (2015) - Namestnikov - ?

Alzner - Letang
? - E. Johnson

Stebe

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Greetings from Illinois!

This has nothing to do with my pick, which is centre Mikhail Grigorenko.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I came into this fantasy draft dedicated to the Nega-Oilers gimmick and by god I've seen it through.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ok I was secretly trying to take all college players after Crosby, but now that Sheahan and Colborne are gone, there are no 3C left. I was going to try to take a different LW1 and move Nelson down the center the 3rd line, but that was supposed to be Hagelin you bastards :(

I think my dream is dead, so maybe I will actually have a better team now that I don't have to care about my made up rules

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
There's still an ok college 3C left despite you embarrassingly not taking Zajac or Haula

e: actually he's not really OK but he is a center

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 27, 2016

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'll take Colin Miller. Decent rookie year and good fancies. Could be a good'un.

edit:
oh and VJeff is up.

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 27, 2016

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Aye Doc posted:

Cody is a real good pick, I didn't think he or Perron would last til my next pick and I guessed (very wrongly it seems) that Franson had a better chance.

I was going to take perron I think

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wanna get ahead of the landrush on coaches, so I'll take Joel Quennville, he of many cups.

I'll also take C - Darren Helm.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I considered Perron but after his stint with the Pens I have been wildly soured on him as whole. Which is not to say he's not a better player than Colin Wilson (who I picked over him) but I don't trust him to play a speed game. That said he'd probably be fine with a Hanzal type who can slow things down with his weird gigantism.

Here's what I got so far. I'm highly tempted to move Nash down to spread out scoring but I like that top line.
Nash - Monahan - Tarasenko
Wilson - Staal - Rieder
x - Soderberg- x

Maatta - Jones
De Haan - Parayko

Gibson

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
That's a good, young defense. I'm not sure Maatta is ever going to live up to the hype after those injuries, but you've got two other top four talents, and Jones, who's going to be a beast.

While we're posting teams I might as well post mine after the Plekanec pick:

Daniel Sedin-Tyler Seguin-Jake Voracek
J.T. Miller-Nicklas Backstrom-Sam Bennett
x-Tomas Plekanec-x

Sami Vatanen-Michael Stone
Julius Honka-Dan Hamhuis

Ben Bishop

A couple vets or maybe a vet and a prospect to round out my third pairing should make a competent if not great defense, and a couple good wingers should give me three scoring lines. I'm not sure J.T. Miller can handle a top six role yet, so I might move him down to the third.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ah yes, there's no way Perron would be able to keep up with Jordan Staal.

And I like Colin Wilson but his game isn't speed. He's a clunky skater.

mentholmoose posted:

That's a good, young defense. I'm not sure Maatta is ever going to live up to the hype after those injuries, but you've got two other top four talents, and Jones, who's going to be a beast.

I wonder if Jones will ever become the offensive force some people thought he could be. He's really good but it would be disappointing if he sticks around 30-40 points for the rest of his career.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 27, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

There's still an ok college 3C left despite you embarrassingly not taking Zajac or Haula

e: actually he's not really OK but he is a center

Haula is a guy I slept on and wanted after I took Brown, though I still like Brown. Zajac I didn't think would be gone

e: I think my team is pretty good considering the parameters within I have been drafting.

Elliot getting drafted when he did really hosed me up and had me resigned to the fact that I was going to end up with You Know Who

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 27, 2016

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

While we're posting teams I might as well post mine after the Plekanec pick:

Daniel Sedin-Tyler Seguin-Jake Voracek
J.T. Miller-Nicklas Backstrom-Sam Bennett
x-Tomas Plekanec-x

Sami Vatanen-Michael Stone
Julius Honka-Dan Hamhuis

Ben Bishop

A couple vets or maybe a vet and a prospect to round out my third pairing should make a competent if not great defense, and a couple good wingers should give me three scoring lines. I'm not sure J.T. Miller can handle a top six role yet, so I might move him down to the third.

You have a weird looking team but it'd probably be pretty good. You have two number one centers, two really good wingers, a good third line center and a decent defense. That you managed to get a good goalie with all that too is pretty good.

You could probably use some good pkers and perhaps a dash of physicality and grit. None of your defensemen except Ham House strike me as pking types.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

He had a hell of a finish after being traded to Edmonton and playing alongside McDavid and Draisaitl, and I feel like he can be the improbably decent winger for either guy like any of the revolving door of reclamation projects in Pittsburgh. Gimme Pat Maroon for this no-goalie, no-coach team.

Drouin-McDavid-Maroon
Zetterberg--Draisatl-Silfverberg
???-Nielsen-???
???-Faksa-???

Muzzin-Niskanen
K. Miller-Braun
???-C. Miller

???
???

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i am the bird posted:

He had a hell of a finish after being traded to Edmonton and playing alongside McDavid and Draisaitl, and I feel like he can be the improbably decent winger for either guy like any of the revolving door of reclamation projects in Pittsburgh. Gimme Pat Maroon for this no-goalie, no-coach team.

Drouin-McDavid-Maroon
Zetterberg--Draisatl-Silfverberg
???-Nielsen-???
???-Faksa-???

Muzzin-Niskanen
K. Miller-Braun
???-C. Miller

???
???

I feel like you'd be better off moving Draisatl to wing and letting Nielsen center the second line. Or doing something with Faksa maybe, he's wasted on the 4th and Pat Maroon on a first line is... well let's just say I don't think the guy's gonna keep shooting at 20%. He's a 10-15 goal guy tops, maybe 20 once in his lifetime during a super lucky season.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I feel like you'd be better off moving Draisatl to wing and letting Nielsen center the second line. Or doing something with Faksa maybe, he's wasted on the 4th and Pat Maroon on a first line is... well let's just say I don't think the guy's gonna keep shooting at 20%. He's a 10-15 goal guy tops, maybe 20 once in his lifetime during a super lucky season.

Haha, I know. I'm having fun! Maroon's just a good possession guy who I think will make a strong third line with Faksa, but I also like the idea of playing him with McDavid for no reason whatsoever other than to keep the stink of Edmonton failure. I'll probably end up drafting Abdelkader for my top 6 too!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

I gotta take an educated guess here since I'm phone posting on a loving CTA train so give me another babby Perd in Viktor Arvidsson

Eriksson - Stamkos - R. Smith
Fiala - Trocheck - Donskoi
Arvidsson - Grigorenko - ??????

Barrie - Klefbom
C. Murphy - R. Murray

Andersen

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 28, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Infidel Castro posted:

I gotta take an educated guess here since I'm phone posting on a loving CTA train so give me another babby Perd in Viktor Arvidsson

Booooooo leave the midgets for me

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dandy Kaiser has until 8:50 pm
Yaya is up next
JoelJoel is the third man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It's actually another 20 minutes or so, which is good because the HERO charts appear to not be loading at the moment which complicates my decision making a little bit.

I have a guy I like but I wanna do more research.

• Locked thread