Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Defenestration posted:

It's almost too easy to burn on posts shared from War Criminal Allen B West

How, war criminal Allen West, how can you say this when YOUR OWN HOUSE IS MADE OF WALLS?

here's the rest

If Mrs. Clinton is so keen to have walls at the democratic national convention, why is she not building a WALL TO MARS? Check and mate

Democrats are shamefully building walls. To illustrate this, here is an arrow pointing at their audience with no loving walls in the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I also appreciate the "Dems don't like WALLS but here is a wall???" rhetoric when the RNC was a gun-free zone.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'm just boggling with my chin on the ground that the right-wing are now not only trying to pretend that Donald's loving wall is suddenly a great idea that we should take seriously but that criticism of it is dumb and stupid.

It's ... beautiful.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Either all walls are good or all walls are bad, you can't have it both ways hypocrite libtards

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Which party loves flags more? Not that it matters.

GOP still wins, because those aren't real flags. They are just pictures of flags on a computer screen.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

mlnhd posted:

GOP still wins, because those aren't real flags. They are just pictures of flags on a computer screen.

Ceci n'est pas un drapeau.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

mlnhd posted:

Those are just on the screen for the media. Once the cameras aren't on them those screens change to stars of bhaal and upside down crosses.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

RagnarokAngel posted:

Those are just on the screen for the media. Once the cameras aren't on them those screens change to stars of bhaal and upside down crosses.

The face of SOROS looms large from the screen, unblinking.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
What's more patriotic than a flag? 50 flags. Festoon this motherfucker with every flag you can find. Buy out every WalMart, raid every home. This is the USA.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

PhazonLink posted:

Pain.

This is why I fight discipline.

This is my normal. My nature.

Okay I'm pretty sure we're out of MGR quotes to repurpose.

Doktor, turn off my pain receptors. Just for my hand though.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

That's the 2008 convention. Nevermind that photo was taken before any kind of ceremony even began.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I'm really salty that I didn't follow my instincts and call the flag issue before the DNC even started. I could be saying so many "I told you so"s right now. I swear these people treat it like a talisman.

But, like, did people even SEE Meryl Streep last night?

Edit: I actually don't know if our neighbors are conservative, and we live in a VERY liberal area, but a few of them have asked if we will or have insinuated that we should put up a flag in the front of the house. What, like are we going to get confused about where we live, especially when half of you guys have them out? It's just the weirdest thing to me.

Bast Relief fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 27, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Bast Relief posted:

I'm really salty that I didn't follow my instincts and call the flag issue before the DNC even started. I could be saying so many "I told you so"s right now. I swear these people treat it like a talisman.

It's not like a talisman, it is one. The flag is both a symbol of their American identity, and a ward against the evils that they view as antithetical to that identity. That's why they want you to plant one outside your house; if you have a flag, then it means you're one of them, and you're helping them stand firm against the forces of discord (terrorism, taxes, people they don't like, etc.)

As it is, they view your lack of a flag as being like a missing shield in a phalanx. You're a weak link, a chink in their armor of righteous American spirit through which evil can strike at them.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One of my friends dropped this Crazy Right Winger bomb on me, which is funny because he's a Bernie guy. (and yes, his friend that he's quoting is a white guy)

quote:

You know what? My friend ******** put this way better than I ever could, so I'm just going to put what he said, because it matches my feelings 100%. Then I'm going to bow out of the conversation.

"To those who believe Hillary is not as bad as Trump... While Trump is blatantly racist, Hillary has been vocal in the past, yet currently quietly (publicly) and systematically racist.

This can be shown in her involvement in the extermination, displacement, destruction of the lives of millions of people in Muslim countries. (As shown in leaked emails she's helping to destabilize Syria for the good of Israel) Causing the major westward expansion of Muslim refugees and exploding violence and terrorism in the middle eastern regions that is now leaking into Western Europe. Her positions on "Super predators" anti LGBT positions, her immigration stances, her poor stances on women's equality, degradation of Bills rape and molestation victims, etc., shows that she is no friend of non white, straight upper class males.

In regards to the millions of votes and hundreds of delegates she has over Sanders, we already know the primary election was rigged in her favor. The WikiLeaks proved her collusion with the DNC. The exit polls that detect voter fraud showed the vote was swayed in her favor as much as over 30% in some states. The voter disenfranchisement, Voter suppression, fraud, electronic vote switching (the machines were also made by the same company who contributed a lot to her campaign) and many other voter fraud cases for MILLIONS of voters.

The FBI investigations of classified emails that she horribly mishandled, lying under oath, tens of millions in bribes to the Clinton foundation, and obstruction of justice charges were the things which should have landed her jail time on a federal level, but somehow after a few key people who would have testified mysteriously died (such as a UN delegate who died from a "weight lifting accident" days before going to testify against Hillary) and a conversation between Bill Clinton and the head of FBI which led to any charges being dropped.. Reasonably leads one to suspect major foul play. Not to mention how Trump is now being accused of rape, Hillary Clinton has vehemently defended child rapists in court who she admittedly knew did it, and laughed about it after. Same with all of Bill Clintons rapes and cover ups.

We can go onto her destructive policies: Pro TPP, Pro Fracking, Pro War, War on Terror, War on Drugs, pro Wall Street bailouts, and Benghazi. She was a champion for almost every major bad political decision we have had since 2000.

I have read and read so many different horrible things about her from so many different and verifiable sources which uncover more and more about her past scandals. For many of which there are deaths attributed to people who were involved (almost 90 ) Anybody who could have testified turn up mysteriously dead for things like; White Water, Filegate, Travelgate, emailgate, pardons, covering up Bill Clintons Rape and molestation charges, Benghazi, using IRS like the Gestapo, she even had a hand in watergate and was fired for it. The list can go on.

So in respect, NO. I will not vote for Trump. I will not Vote for Hillary. I refuse to vote out of fear for either POS. Vote how you wish, but I will vote for neither.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

I believe that it is Un-American to not stand up for what you believe in. And I believe that Hillary and Trump are both horrible, evil people. Trump talks the talk, but Hillary walks the walk.

Either one of them will lead us further into war, loss of civil liberties, destruction of environment, increased inequality, lower standard of living and lower social and economic well being for the lower and middle class. If she is elected, the first year she will seem all cute and pretty to appeal to people and make them think she was the right choice. Then the poo poo will come out of the woodwork after that. Mark my words.

Am I disappointed that Bernie has supported Hillary? Of course. It shows that in this day cheaters win. Bernie is a great American who ran the most honest campaign we have ever seen in our lifetimes. He understood that the quality American way of life is ever decreasing and pushed for higher social standards not only for us Americans, but the world. He has started a revolution and way of thinking that he now can't stop or settle in the minds of many Americans. For that I'm thankful and shows that his campaign was fruitful. I only hope the people he has inspired will work toward a better future for us all. Myself included in holding to that high standard.

I've been aware of many of the injustices in America for a long time, but Bernie has helped to make MANY aware. Yet there are still so many Americans who don't see it, recognize it, or know what to do about it.

You're trying to convince me to vote for the lesser evil, but it is still evil. I cannot with good conscience vote like that. I cannot vote for evil at all. I will place my vote for what I believe in and it is not Hillary, nor Trump.

Truth is, that I'll be fine no matter who wins the elections, but I will continue to post about things many should be aware of. I will continue to do my part in making people aware of social, economic, environmental, and foreign injustices that are happening in the world and I hope that you do the same. I'm sure many will disagree with some things that may inspire plenty FB debates, but as long as it inspires thought and conversation about subject that matter it will be worth it. Because, the future of our society is kinda important."

At the point where someone implies that Hillary Clinton has had her hands in up to 90 deaths, you really can't say anything other than "holy gently caress dude you crazy"

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

quote:

Truth is, that I'll be fine no matter who wins the elections

See, when I say this, I'm using it as motivation to NOT hand the election over to someone who will horribly mistreat everyone who is not exactly like me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This is an interesting one. A friend on facebook that I know from like 10 years ago from going to church with (Catholic). She was super into the church, still seems to be, was huge about ending abortion, while I basically went the other way. However she slowly started to pivot leftward. She said in 2012 that she voted for gay marriage because everyone deserves to be happy, and actually sent a letter to Obama saying she regretted not voting for him in '08 and '12 and he actually responded with a letter thanking her!

Anyway, she posted this question:

"Dear Catholic brothers and sisters. Bernie's speech in support of Hilary Clinton at the convention was clearly aligned with catholic social teaching. When I studied CST in school, the most inhumane thing was to create systems of sin, where workers are unpaid for their labor, crippling them and denying their ability to support and educate their families. So much more aligned with the message of Jesus, than the 4 days of the republican convention. Just full of fear and anger. What do you think?"

I actually commented agreeing with her mostly. Most of the comments are civil, but one guy came in and holy hell I need to repost some of his stuff, because naturally, he brings up the A-word:

quote:

So instead, in 'good conscience' you vote to kill the child then huh?
....how does that make logical sense. You'd have to answer this fill in the blank:" it's okay to murder a child in the womb when______." Your answer is because a mom doesn't feel supported. That's a good enough reason to kill?

She responds with this:

quote:

very cavalier. Although, this is a systematic sin. Our system is not supporting remedying abortion. Are you really saying that Trump is the best candidate to address this systematic evil? To change the economics that not only cause more poverty, less education, etc? And it's not about feelings...it's a real life, painful decision that a woman has a very good reason to make. Stop being so myopic!!!

He responds with:

quote:

Yes, 100% yes Trump is the best candidate of the two who are on the card. I agree it's not about feelings, I wasn't saying that having a child is easy on the mother or father. Rather, that difficulty is not a reason to kill your kid. That's real life. No matter what the discussion is after, it has to begin with the reality that as a country, we fully supper killing children in the womb for any reason and almost at every stage in development. I think that makes me a one issue voter. You have to pass this test before anything else simply because of the severity and magnitude of the situation. War, black life's matter, poverty, all pale in comparison when you just look at the sheer number of aborted lives every single year. Again, how else can you look at it?

Also, it's not secret that Hillary is the most pro-choice candidate ever to try for the presidency. It's one of the cornerstones of her run, to "support" women (read kill children) via keeping our tax dollars funding Planned Parenthood which is the leading abortion provider in the states bar none. How can anyone in good conscious vote for that. And how can anything else matter on the ballet MORE than this? Again, economics?....that simply doesn't compare.

Some more of his stuff peppered throughout:

quote:

Google how many lives are murdered via abortion every year...end of topic really. The magnitude literally 'Trumps' all other arguments. What can possibly be more important that stopping infanticide? A couple extra bucks more an hour, taxing the rich more? How can these trivial things even compare?

If Tump is elected, he has the power to put possibly three Supreme Court justices on the bench in favor of pro-life values, securing decades of moral law.

Again, what can even come close to that? The most inhuman thing is to take the life of a child in the mothers womb, not to not pay your workers fair in my opinion.

The living must be miserable so that the unborn are protected :thumbsup:

quote:

How is this even a discussion...

I'm starting to wonder if this is a Matt Walsh pseudonym with the "why are we discussing Russian e-mail hacking when 10000 babies were aborted in the 15 seconds I typed this?" message.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Imagine how much worse off the US would be with 20-40 million more baby boomers

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
There's something weird about arguing that the unborn must suffer as much as the living do.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ahhh it continues

quote:

#1 There have been more than 53 million abortions performed in the United States since Roe v. Wade was decided back in 1973.

#2 When you total up all forms of abortion, including those caused by the abortion drug RU 486, the grand total comes to more than a million abortions performed in the United States every single year.

#3 The number of American babies killed by abortion each year is roughly equal to the number of U.S. military deaths that have occurred in all of the wars that the United States has ever been involved in combined.

#4 Approximately 3,000 Americans lost their lives as a result of the destruction of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11. Every single day, more than 3,000 American babies are killed by abortion.

#5 It has been reported that a staggering 41 percent of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion.

#6 According to Pastor Clenard Childress, approximately 52 percent of all African-American pregnancies now end in abortion.

#7 One very shocking study found that 86 percent of all abortions are done for the sake of convenience.

#8 According to the Guttmacher Institute, the average cost of a first trimester abortion at the ten week mark is $451.

#9 The average cost of a vaginal birth with no complications in the United States is now over $9,000.

#10 A Department of Homeland Security report that was released in January 2012 says that if you are “anti-abortion”, you are a potential terrorist. Unfortunately, there have also been other government reports that have also identified “anti-abortion” protesters as potential threats.

#11 A while back one Philadelphia abortionist was charged with killing seven babies that were born alive, but witnesses claim that he actually slaughtered hundreds “of living, breathing newborn children by severing their spinal cords or slitting their necks.”

#12 Some abortion clinics have been caught selling aborted baby parts to medical researchers.

#13 Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger once said the following….

“The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.”

#14 In a 1922 book entitled “Woman, Morality, and Birth Control”, Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger wrote the following….

“Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.”

#15 Planned Parenthood performs more than 300,000 abortions every single year.

#16 Planned Parenthood specifically targets the poor. A staggering 72 percent of Planned Parenthood’s “customers” have incomes that are either equal to or beneath 150 percent of the federal poverty level.

#17 There are 30 Planned Parenthood executives that make more than $200,000 a year. A few of them make more than $300,000 a year.

#18 Planned Parenthood received more than 487 million dollars from the federal government during 2010.

He's so close to getting it, but he's never going to.

Maybe if he realized maybe there's a reason why lower-income people get a lot of abortions...

edit - I'm laying the trap:

quote:

The majority of your comments show a common theme - the price of birth is much more expensive than an abortion. Raising a child is a huge expensive endeavor that many lower-income families cannot see how they would do that while managing to stay afloat for themselves. Maybe rather than focus on the issue of women getting abortions, focus on the why instead. Remove the barriers that make raising a child difficult - affordable healthcare, government assistance for daycare, expanded WIC benefits, and so on. Trump doesn't support any of these. Additionally, there's been one item that's been left out that is the biggest thing that stops abortion in it's track - birth control. Expanded access and education to birth control would cull the rate of abortion.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 27, 2016

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Why are the "debt per citizen" and the "debt per taxpayer" numbers different?

Oh my god, they actually believe that 47% of Americans don't pay taxes. :cripes:

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

WampaLord posted:

Oh my god, they actually believe that 47% of Americans don't pay taxes. :cripes:

Children, notably.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

WampaLord posted:

Even worse. I would bet that the debt includes social security, but the number of tax payers does not include people paying payroll taxes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WampaLord posted:

Why are the "debt per citizen" and the "debt per taxpayer" numbers even a thing?

They actually believe that each individual American owes that amount of money to China or some poo poo, don't they? :cripes:

Lemniscate Blue posted:

There's something weird about arguing that the unborn must suffer as much as the living do.
Vaguely related, there's one thing I don't get about the fetal pain argument. If unborn children could feel pain from an abortion, imagine how painful childbirth must be for them. Their entire head and shoulders being pushed through a small opening by the convulsions of the most powerful muscles in the body, for hours on end. And they can't even be given anesthetic. Why aren't they campaigning against that?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Guavanaut posted:

Why are the "debt per citizen" and the "debt per taxpayer" numbers even a thing?

Because Reasons

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Having a lot of debt doesn't mean you're broke though. To use the lovely household analogy they love so dearly, are you broke if you have $5k in Savings and a $200k outstanding loan on your house?

Also also, we're being basically loving PAID by investors to take on debt right now because the interest rate is lower than the average rate of inflation. Why would we turn that down, surely we can use that money in a way to meaningfully improve peoples lives.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 27, 2016

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Doesn't the government owe it's citizens that amount? Are they are saying the opposite of reality?

Also, isn't there a simple rule that things are fine as long as GDP percentage vs Debt don't reach a certain percentage?

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Doesn't the government owe it's citizens that amount? Are they are saying the opposite of reality?

U.S. citizens are the largest holders of federal debt, but other countries do hold some of it. So, sort of.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Also, isn't there a simple rule that things are fine as long as GDP percentage vs Debt don't reach a certain percentage?
Not even that; we're fine so long as we can continue to make payments on that debt, and as long as that debt's in USD we totally can.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

yeah the gdp to debt doesnt matter, only your ability to make payments on that debt

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
So I'm acquaintances with David Fitzsimmons, the political cartoonist. He will Facebook friend pretty much anyone who requests it because he enjoys trolling people. Saw this great pro-trump screed posted on his wall this morning.

I went to check this guys posting history and I hit a goldmine.

He pretty much just shares picture after picture of underage or barely legal Asian girls.

Also I think trump and him might have the same hairdresser.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The guy has a point. It wasn't very fair of Hillary to quietly drop her middle name Rotten. That's something the electorate has a right to know, imo.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

Ahhh it continues

He's so close to getting it, but he's never going to.

Maybe if he realized maybe there's a reason why lower-income people get a lot of abortions...

quote:

The majority of your comments show a common theme - the price of birth is much more expensive than an abortion. Raising a child is a huge expensive endeavor that many lower-income families cannot see how they would do that while managing to stay afloat for themselves. Maybe rather than focus on the issue of women getting abortions, focus on the why instead. Remove the barriers that make raising a child difficult - affordable healthcare, government assistance for daycare, expanded WIC benefits, and so on. Trump doesn't support any of these. Additionally, there's been one item that's been left out that is the biggest thing that stops abortion in it's track - birth control. Expanded access and education to birth control would cull the rate of abortion.

Uhhh, if you can't pay for a baby don't have sex. simple as that. Pleasure is only for those making over a certain median income on a sliding scale adjusted for access to religious organizations and/or television producers.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

seiferguy posted:

Aren't abortion and birth control exactly the same thing, as far as most anti-choicers are concerned? You might lose points with him on that one.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

the_steve posted:

Aren't abortion and birth control exactly the same thing, as far as most anti-choicers are concerned? You might lose points with him on that one.

That's the point. I'm trying to basically admit that his whole thing was about controlling women's sex life.

Edit: he responded! Didn't take the bait but ignored my birth control comment anyway:

quote:

I agree we should spend our time and money on the issues you brought up. Maybe if we gave our over half a billion dollars a year to those outreach programs instead of planned parenthood, we'd be making more progress. That still doesn't make abortion any less horrific. In other words, again, because it's difficult doesn't not make something morally reprehensible somehow okay.

Raising a child is hard. Does not mean you can kill them. Are you arguing otherwise?

You cannot ignore abortions by shifting the conversation to the struggle of parenthood

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Keeshhound posted:

It's not like a talisman, it is one. The flag is both a symbol of their American identity, and a ward against the evils that they view as antithetical to that identity. That's why they want you to plant one outside your house; if you have a flag, then it means you're one of them, and you're helping them stand firm against the forces of discord (terrorism, taxes, people they don't like, etc.)

As it is, they view your lack of a flag as being like a missing shield in a phalanx. You're a weak link, a chink in their armor of righteous American spirit through which evil can strike at them.

Hahaha. There is a giant Italian flag being used as a patio shade in one of the condos down the street. Neighbors should probably just go to our shared HOA about it though.

Next door lady owns a salon and I had her cut my hair. Cat Stevens came on and I remarked about how fond I am about his songs. She went off about Muslims.

These people are supposedly D though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

seiferguy posted:

Edit: he responded! Didn't take the bait but ignored my birth control comment anyway:

drat, that guy.
"You can't fix a problem by addressing the symptoms that contribute to it! :arghfist::downs: "

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I find it funny that a lot of the "anchor baby" haters are also anti-abortion. I once asked one of them if they would rather the woman give birth and have a horrible ANCHOR BABY -or- abort the fetus? He had no good answer but of course it always goes back to women being whores, and white people having to pay for everything.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
The HOA vice president had a whole spiel last night trying to convince me that legally the united states shouldn't recognize Islam as a religion because Imams are often times both political and government figures and since the constitution guarentees seperation of church and state that means that they can't be a religion! :downs:

He had no proper response when I pointed out that he'd be throwing out Catholics, Church of England, Eastern Orthodox and, likely a whole bunch more. He just kept stuttering and then trying to repeat it over and over. Even money he's on Freep somewhere.

This bastion of fiscal conservative values has repeatedly asked (without the board's permission) for $3m in grant funding for our private HOA to build a gigantic clubhouse and a bigger pool, and is constantly shocked when he gets turned down because "Well, we're a non-profit! Why can't we get the money?" I'd quit the board so I don't have to deal with him but our long term president is retiring eventually and if he ever gets the votes I suspect he'll try and make life a living hell for the Hispanic duplex renters that he constantly rails against.

Anubis fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Anubis posted:

I'd quit the board so I don't have to deal with him but our long term president is retiring eventually and if he ever gets the votes I suspect he'll try and make life a living hell for the Hispanic duplex renters that he constantly rails against.

You are a saint.