Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
So Paradox Space Book 2 finally showed up in the mail today. The rest of Vrisky Business is REALLY good, offering some really interesting insight into Vriska's character. Of the two other offline stories, Fiduspawn is great, and the other one whose name I don't care to recall is dull and just kind of there.

Once again they shipped it in a box to Canada and for the life of me I have no idea who keeps thinking this is a good and cost-effective idea.

Anyway, pretty neat if you want to directly support the artists and writers. Personally, I think Paradox Space benefits from no longer existing in the shadow of the Mega/Giga/Omega pauses, and found almost all the stories to be more enjoyable on reread.

Oh, and sadly, the Christmas Activity Pages didn't make the cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bongo Bill posted:

FFTA2 doesn't have any bearing on FFTA. The book in FFTA actually does change the world into a video game. But the world of that video game also really exists, elsewhere.

How does it not? The owner of the book Luso uses to get to Ivalice is Mewt, the antagonist for the majority of FFTA. Unless he has a second book that only transports? In which case jegus why do they not let Donnell use it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The reason is because FFTA2 is about something else other than the harm people do to themselves by irresponsible use of fantasy, and canon is the only lie in fiction.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
plom bar, post deets about Vrisky Business. i am far too cheap and lame to buy a homestuck product.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

plom bar, post deets about Vrisky Business. i am far too cheap and lame to buy a homestuck product.

Text can not adequately convey it. I'm sure you'll manage. Internets a biiiiig place.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It begins

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They've got my vote

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Text can not adequately convey it. I'm sure you'll manage. Internets a biiiiig place.

Yeah, Vrisky Business leaked online about a month ago and I read it then.

I gotta say though I didn't really like it as much as you seem to Plom Bar. I thought it was too short and kind of "meh".

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I gotta say though I didn't really like it as much as you seem to Plom Bar. I thought it was too short and kind of "meh".

that is the running theme of the thread, yes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, Vrisky Business leaked online about a month ago and I read it then.

it doesnt really reveal much we didnt know i think. she has a monologue about how she hates having lived with the spider guardian and envies terez's happier life. this all turns out to be some bloodloss delirium. Equius fixes her arm. I guess, i thought it was fine. Nice freakout and nice art. This guy has done some other one before right?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

it doesnt really reveal much we didnt know i think. she has a monologue about how she hates having lived with the spider guardian and envies terez's happier life. this all turns out to be some bloodloss delirium. Equius fixes her arm. I guess, i thought it was fine. Nice freakout and nice art. This guy has done some other one before right?

The guy who wrote it also wrote all of homestuck proper. The woman who drew it also did the Night at the 100dseum story, as well as some art assets for the home stretch.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yes i can tell andrew hussie wrote homestuck

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
checked the other comic. Equius is great, as is Karkat. Terezi I've kinda not cared much for her near the end, but she used to be cool. Good stuff

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

i managed and, uh, yeah, yikes, thats a level of intensity that wasnt really touched on in the comic. Vriska only ever kind of shrugged her lusus off like "i guess she was a pain in the rear end."

Good Things Do Not Happen to Vriska Serket

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Unfortunately, Vriska Serket Happens To Good Things.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

paradoxGentleman posted:

How ironic that her final fate was to be trapped forever in an confusing and unsatisfying ending, considered by most as mediocre at best.

Makes you think.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

The guy who wrote it also wrote all of homestuck proper. The woman who drew it also did the Night at the 100dseum story, as well as some art assets for the home stretch.

I feel bad for the artists that provided art for Collide onwards, and I really hope there wasn't any blowback directed at them

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

I feel bad for the artists that provided art for Collide onwards, and I really hope there wasn't any blowback directed at them

Well I mean, of course there would be, as that what happens when one makes things that the Internet consumes by the thousands, but I'm wondering why you'd assume it'd be particularly worse for this context in particular.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

because the internet does not react well to ends being bad

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

because the internet does not react well to ends being bad

I don't think i've seen anyone complain about the actual art for the ending, most of the complaints mostly revolve around "the art was good but the ending was dumpster garbage"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

thanks, spidermombama

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

I don't think i've seen anyone complain about the actual art for the ending, most of the complaints mostly revolve around "the art was good but the ending was dumpster garbage"

Since when have things like 'logic' or 'fact' gotten in the way of dweebs firing hot, steaming internet hate over everything in the vicinity?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

*looks at the camera like Pam from The Office*

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

Since when have things like 'logic' or 'fact' gotten in the way of dweebs firing hot, steaming internet hate over everything in the vicinity?

Have you actually seen anyone being mad at the artists, or is this your own personal Chicken Little Doomsday Scenario

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Freak Futanari posted:

Yeah, the things I've seen people complain about are all related to the writing (or lack there of) not any of the art.

Freak Futanari posted:

Have you actually seen anyone being mad at the artists, or is this your own personal Chicken Little Doomsday Scenario

In WAR FOOTS defense I've seen Internet artists get death threats or be told to kill themselves for doing some pretty harmless things. You never know what'll set someone off.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

wasn't it the ava's demon artist that got death threats and driven off tumblr for saying her characters weren't asexual?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i particularly disliked how in some parts near the end everyone was super chunky and round built because steven universe aids

guest art was alright otherwise

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm pretty sure I would have seen any artist-hate that showed up on Tumblr, not least because I follow several of the artists involved and they would have commented, whether or not they were the specific ones targeted. That poo poo would have been bigger* than Taylor Swift dating whatsisface.

* The definition of "bigger" may vary depending on your beliefs. Please don't hit me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I just now found out Homestuck actually ended today and watched it

I liked how the last animation was basically anime and the fights were cool but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was kinda disappointed by it. I was expecting convoluted rules-exploit shenanigans and last-minute twists like we got in PS, but instead it was "okay the characters are fighting the fights they've spent the last like year and a half preparing to fight... and they're fighting... and it's not looking good... but wait, they won now. The fights are over." I do appreciate that killing Bec Noir involved cutting off his arm, but someone else probably should have been able to do it by now if all it took to make that doable was "have Jade present so he is distracted."

I had to look up what the hey even happened with Lord English and the ghost army, and it was still kinda disappointing when I found out because I'd been expecting some sort of Time Shenanigans to counter his intrinsic Time Shenanigans, not just "knock him into a black hole using a Special Rare Item".

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

It's more that it's not unusual :shrug:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Yeah internet people are hosed up weirdos generally

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

we're in the homestuck thread, we're all hosed up weirdos

ArfJason posted:

i particularly disliked how in some parts near the end everyone was super chunky and round built because steven universe aids

guest art was alright otherwise

:agreed:

stephen universe inspired art is the new rudolph noses

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

loquacius posted:

I had to look up what the hey even happened with Lord English and the ghost army, and it was still kinda disappointing when I found out because I'd been expecting some sort of Time Shenanigans to counter his intrinsic Time Shenanigans, not just "knock him into a black hole using a Special Rare Item".

oh, is that what happened? I guess I need to go back and watch it again because I literally couldn't tell

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I thought the kids came out of the MacGuffin and beat him up

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yeah internet people are hosed up weirdos generally

Yes I am how are you

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

I thought the kids came out of the MacGuffin and beat him up

Why in the heck would you think this

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Plom Bar posted:

Because nobody knows what the gently caress the ending was?

I feel like we've been over this.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Plom Bar posted:

Because the kids were sucked into it earlier/later

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

we're in the homestuck thread, we're all hosed up weirdos

Yes hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
They've spent 3/4ths of this long-rear end comic going "how can we possibly kill this indestructible demon who has guaranteed his own immortality through abuse of temporal causality &c &c" and it turned out the answer was "hit him with Rare Item" all along