Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

fadam posted:

Oh man I totally misread how Death Field works. That's too bad.

Still, Pow 14,15,16,17 shots into something seems pretty rad.

It is pretty rad. I'm sad Dynamo lost set defense though :(

Also keep in mind that if you use Thorn to arc with either of the Past/Future Haley's, they won't be able to user her bond since they aren't the actual Haley warcaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

fadam posted:

Are there any must takes for Haley 3? She looks like a lot of fun.

Gun Mage Captain Adept so past Haley can charge through screening models.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Looking at the models I have and what's in stock at my local store here's what I settled on:

Haley 3
-Squire
-Thorn
-Stormclad
-Firefly

Piper
GMCA
Ragman
Strangeways
Stormblade Captain
Lanyssa Ryssyl

Min Trenchers

Stormblades
-UA
-3x Gunner

Hopefully the Trencher clouds and Haley's defense buff are enough to keep the Stormblades alive as they move up the board. Lanyssa is there mostly because I needed to fill three points and Hunter's mark seems like it'd do a lot for the Stormclad.

I figure this list will be my drop for armor skew (which is important because like half of the people at my store are swapping over to Khador) and I'll use that Sloan gunline with 2x Grenadiers or an eCaine list for everything else. I'm going to proxy what I don't have and give this a shot tonight.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

GoodBee posted:

Quoting for my painting queue.

I still need to pick up Slingers but I'm not excited about their models. I can't bring myself to get the Siege Animantarix. It's just so huge.

Who are you planning on running as your caster. You can probably optimize this list for max paint efficiency. You can knock out a void spirit and a PGMT pretty quick. Karax are a bitch to paint and take a while to put together.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

PaintVagrant posted:

I know that I am really struggling to make lists. I am debating on buying in deeper or just proxying a bit to see if I am happy with the faction.

Let's be real, you're going to buy in.

At least until, you sell it all later

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

waah posted:

Who are you planning on running as your caster. You can probably optimize this list for max paint efficiency. You can knock out a void spirit and a PGMT pretty quick. Karax are a bitch to paint and take a while to put together.

Karax are done. I even got them pre-assembled. I've got one PGMT painted but not the second. I've got one painted Razor Worm. I don't own a second one yet but I want one. I have this weird feeling I'm going to order a Razor Worm as an add-on to something else, then forget I own it and keep ordering and forgetting more until I've got six or so of those guys.

I could paint some shooting with Reivers, Artillery and Cannoneer. Or paint all the cats.

The only casters I don't have yet are Xekaar and Zaal2. I'm trying to get in some games with other stuff before going back to Zaal1 and picking up Zaal2, a second unit of Immortals, maybe another AG or 2. I really like Zaal.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Let's be real, you're going to buy in.

At least until, you sell it all later

Et tu brute?!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

GoodBee posted:

Karax are done. I even got them pre-assembled. I've got one PGMT painted but not the second. I've got one painted Razor Worm. I don't own a second one yet but I want one. I have this weird feeling I'm going to order a Razor Worm as an add-on to something else, then forget I own it and keep ordering and forgetting more until I've got six or so of those guys.

I could paint some shooting with Reivers, Artillery and Cannoneer. Or paint all the cats.

The only casters I don't have yet are Xekaar and Zaal2. I'm trying to get in some games with other stuff before going back to Zaal1 and picking up Zaal2, a second unit of Immortals, maybe another AG or 2. I really like Zaal.

My personal vote is battlecats. I think that they would be getting way more love across the board if they weren't GW levels of expensive for five models. They are expensive in points as well, but you can have them be your only unit of combat infantry and be all set.

And for the love of god think of them as actual cavalry. They don't have to attack as soon as possible, just when the time is right. You want to see an opponent at your local store get real frustrated? Plop down your big expensive unit of cav right in the middle.of the deployment zone, and give off all signs that you are running those cats straight down his throat and then just keep them out of gun range and wait until the right moment (maybe turn 3 or later). If you have Ferox to use late game, you have a very good chance to win IMO.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

We had the full-steam launch event Saturday, and I actually won a game. It took concentrating fire on his caster (and Morty interfacing with a Kraken on her feat turn,) but that was my first actual Warmachine victory.

Anyway, here's a cross-post from the oath thread!

:siren: OATH COMPLETE!

kraken

leviathans

stalkers

scrap thralls

soul trapper

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

waah posted:

My personal vote is battlecats. I think that they would be getting way more love across the board if they weren't GW levels of expensive for five models. They are expensive in points as well, but you can have them be your only unit of combat infantry and be all set.

And for the love of god think of them as actual cavalry. They don't have to attack as soon as possible, just when the time is right. You want to see an opponent at your local store get real frustrated? Plop down your big expensive unit of cav right in the middle.of the deployment zone, and give off all signs that you are running those cats straight down his throat and then just keep them out of gun range and wait until the right moment (maybe turn 3 or later). If you have Ferox to use late game, you have a very good chance to win IMO.

Cool. I haven't really played with them much. I ran them once so far in MKIII at 50pts. I think they are too pricey for 50 so I need to make a 75pt list with them. I also tried to bring Swordsmen so I didn't have enough heavy beasts.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

PaintVagrant posted:

Et tu brute?!

Oh I lie to myself and believe that I'll eventually go back to a faction. I finally sold my 40k Ork army last year, and I haven't played 40k since 2010. :c00lbutt:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Rules question - a friend of mine is thinking that because Focus doesn't clear off your caster during Upkeep phase, Scaverous can hoard focus by turning souls into focus, not spending any focus, then doing it again next turn to get way above his usual focus cap. Anyone know if there's anything in RAW preventing this, or if there are any Infernal rulings on the matter if it's unclear?

E: nm they just reread the rules and realized they're wrong

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Oh I lie to myself and believe that I'll eventually go back to a faction. I finally sold my 40k Ork army last year, and I haven't played 40k since 2010. :c00lbutt:

Skorne 2021, third times a charm

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

This is basically me with my minions. And my 40k orks and marines I finally sold a few months ago. Hadn't played a game since like 2012.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

If I stop using something I have to recycle my hobby stuff into money for things I'll actually use. I don't have the space to store much extra.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Fyrbrand posted:

This is basically me with my minions. And my 40k orks and marines I finally sold a few months ago. Hadn't played a game since like 2012.

We've been nerd gaming / chatting for a long time now. I remember when a lot of us used to post in the 40k thread back in 2008-2011.

On Topic: I've switched back to Retribution, and I'm excited for Dawnguard and Houseguard theme lists. :getin:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

moths posted:

We had the full-steam launch event Saturday, and I actually won a game. It took concentrating fire on his caster (and Morty interfacing with a Kraken on her feat turn,) but that was my first actual Warmachine victory.

Anyway, here's a cross-post from the oath thread!

:siren:

This stuff looks amazing!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Insider is up for epic aiakos, who is now even more Literally The Predator

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Moths those cryx are really great!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Rumor has it that Malakov2 gets to add the POW of his hat to his headbutt damage rolls.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thanks guys! I was really thrilled with how they turned out.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

Rumor has it that Malakov2 gets to add the POW of his hat to his headbutt damage rolls.

Malakov wears no hat...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

Malakov wears no hat...

gannyGrabber posted:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Storm Lances are a lot less lovely than I remember them being in MKII.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

fadam posted:

Storm Lances are a lot less lovely than I remember them being in MKII.

That's because they got a lot better. Might be the best infantry unit in Cygnar now. They're hella good.

Also I hope that Malakov's hat eventually ends up in the bit store. Wanna put it on so many models.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

CaptCommy posted:

Also I hope that Malakov's hat eventually ends up in the bit store. Wanna put it on so many models.

That hat was made for Gobbers and Pigs and Alligators.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

CaptCommy posted:

That's because they got a lot better. Might be the best infantry unit in Cygnar now. They're hella good.

Stormlances where always considered good in europe, which lead to some culture clash moments at WTC I believe ("why do these mainlanders have so many lightning ponies?"). Imagine our surprise when PP gave them numerous buffs ;)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Storm Lances were good in Mk2. They're even better now, for multiple reasons. Laddermore makes them better, reposition is crazy good, firefly buffs, DEF buff... man I wish regular Storm infantry got DEF 13 :v:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm going to buy a set of Lances and try them with Haley 3 instead of Stormblades. Maybe it's because I haven't played in a while but between terrain and my own trenchers getting in the way I only managed to get like three of them into melee the whole game.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

fadam posted:

I'm going to buy a set of Lances and try them with Haley 3 instead of Stormblades. Maybe it's because I haven't played in a while but between terrain and my own trenchers getting in the way I only managed to get like three of them into melee the whole game.

Take Rhupert and a Captain and both those issues disappear.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Captain doesn't let you move through trenchers. Does let you move through stormguard and junk, though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just run your trenchers out of the way? Not really worth attacking with them on a turn where you could instead be attacking with storm dudes.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Wtf is this

I was hoping he'd stay a greaser looking snob.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

albany academy posted:

Wtf is this

I was hoping he'd stay a greaser looking snob.

Honestly I'm confused as to why they are making him look like Irusk 0.5, greaser snob all the way!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber I'm so MAD rn bc of this thing that you've shown me and ALSO bc I just realised your name isn't grannyGrabber

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

You could say I've had TWO eggs on my face this morning

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
He will always be GrannyGrabber to me.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

albany academy posted:

You've got :10bux:

Make some dreams come true.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

All part of the plan.

dexefiend posted:

He will always be GrannyGrabber to me.

Ugh ruuude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

All I'm saying is, he plays the faction with Old Witch in it.

On an actual WMH note: how does Kraken play with the Goreshades/pSturgis/Gaspy3 and maybe Scav/Vene in Mk3? There's a discounted one at a store that I'm thinking of getting (discounted in anticipation of the Kraken/Sepulcher multikit, I'm betting).