Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

Would the GW gloss washes give that effect or would you want to specifically get an ink?

I wouldn't really know. I know normal washes don't get the same effect at all, since they've got less pigment to them than inks. You could always test it out if you happen to have some of the gloss washes on hand, but as it is I've been using an old bottle of GW Brown Ink for that technique and they've come out good.

I do recommend using the ink after using matte varnish if you want to have a shine to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Takuan posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming Box Art

I don't see no Copycat Killer in there. Remember you need to make a single completion post for all your oaths in a month!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint this Convergence of Cyriss Attunement Servitor from Privateer Press for the month of July.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Here's a bit of an update. A sixful of minis to go, but I'm sure I'll make it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren: OATH COMPLETE!

kraken

leviathans

stalkers

scrap thralls

soul trapper

And for July's terrain bonus, here's my castle:

castle

It's Epic (scale), as evidenced by the posed photo with my Knight from last month. I didn't realize until looking at these photos that I'd inadvertently painted it nearly the same colors it was before I primed it. I guess those are good castle colors.

I'd also like to claim the JURNAL theme for the water effects on the Kraken's and Leviathans' bases.

E: I nearly forgot to restate that the Stalkers are for IT'S A RESCUE!

moths fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 28, 2016

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Those models look fantastic!

Got a favor to ask. I painted my drop pod but unfortunately I'm on vacation and won't be able to get a picture of it for oath complete until Aug 3rd. It can be seen in a few pics of a tournament I just did. I did bring Tigurius with me on vacation, so I will hopefully have a pic of him.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Oath Complete!

Although I didn't put in much effort on these guys.

Journal, is the river bed on the cavalry base. I had planned to try out some water effects but I've burnt out so hard this month I barely brought myself to finish.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I, Yeast, oath to paint this Forgeworld Scimitar Jetbike for the month of July

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint, you guessed it, more Gremlins! 3 Lightning Bugs, 1 Lovely Assistant, and this assortment of 8 total swamp bases, one of which will get a little extra attention to look extra watery.

Aaaaaaaaand OATH COMPLETE!

Here's the whole gang. Four of the Eight bases went to the models painted for the Oath. Decided to go the extra mile on all the bases. Really happy with how nasty murky the swamp water looks!

The Lightning Bugs. Pretty happy with how these turned out.

Wong's Lovely Assistant. Ready to set up the show (stack the deck).

Not the best pictures, but what are ya gonna do. Claiming Jurnal for the nasty swamp water. Also claiming Box Art for the Lightning Bugs:

Now to get ready for August :D

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Completed!

Claiming the Life's a beach! theme challenge for the robot with the anchor that looks like one of those old underwater suits:

Also Claiming Its a rescue! for the purple knight. I started painting this model a year and a half ago or so in an experiment to see what a bunch of different colored Bretonnian infantry for warhammer fantasy would look like together, as my knights were a jumble of mismatched colors that still managed to look awesome. However upon getting most of the base coat done... disaster struck. The Endtime's books had been releasing for a while at this point, and i had mostly though they were fine, I was even planning on going to my first major tournament... However the release of the last endtimes army list, that combined Skaven and everything chaos broke me. I looked at potential lists from that book and though, I don't ever want to play against that, that seems like zero fun. I proceeded to stop painting warhammer, withdraw from the tournament, and really stopped playing the game. Turns out that was a good thing as Age of Sigmar came shortly after and is everything I dont want in a game. I picked this model up for the challenge because I still love my Arthurian knight faction, it brought me a lot of joy and fun, so I thought I might as well finish one on of the last models I was painting for it.

Here is the church I painted for the Would July-ke to paint some Terrain, My Lord? terrain challenge!

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
I, The Impaler, Oath to paint for July- 5 bits of Trenches from Privateer Press

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Life's a beach challenge
Both an octopus, and water effects used!

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
I have some WIP PHOTOS here

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I should probably have my head examined for starting something with only 2 days to go, but it's time for an Oath Addition!!!

I, Ilor, do Oath this homemade oasis terrain for the month of July!

I don't think the required drying time for water effects will allow me to get credit for speed painting, but I've already got the base colors roughed in, as you can see in my WIP photo:

Ilor fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 29, 2016

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007
This is my first foray into the world of the Oath Thread, but here goes:

I, eskimaux, do Oath this Privateer Press Winter Guard Infantryman for the month of July

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
OATH COMPLETE

Claiming the Life's a beach! theme challenge for the snow materials on the left tower.
Claiming an Epic amount of materials for the Would July-ke to paint some Terrain, My Lord? terrain challenge.
Claiming WIP PHOTOS for this post

and I managed to get both of them to be convertible:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Crossposting from the WMH thread.
Just done my IFP leader, pretty pleased with the result, especially the pose.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Doing an oath addition for July: 4 Scourge Monitors (Dropzone Commander, 10mm, white metal, Hawk Wargames)

Claiming speed paint (since I plan to have them done by tonight) and life's a beach since they're piloted by jellyfish.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Oath Complete

Will submit a better picture Wednesday night as I am on vacation, but just wanted to get proof here.

Base is finished, just needs glued...

No primary pic yet, but in the first picture it is to the right of the Dread, and in the second it has the green center orb.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ilor posted:

I should probably have my head examined for starting something with only 2 days to go, but it's time for an Oath Addition!!!

I, Ilor, do Oath this homemade oasis terrain for the month of July!

I don't think the required drying time for water effects will allow me to get credit for speed painting, but I've already got the base colors roughed in, as you can see in my WIP photo:

OK, just don't forget to include your original Oath in the completion post.

eskimaux posted:

I, eskimaux, do Oath this Privateer Press Winter Guard Infantryman for the month of July

Welcome onboard!

wdarkk posted:

Doing an oath addition for July: 4 Scourge Monitors (Dropzone Commander, 10mm, white metal, Hawk Wargames)

Claiming speed paint (since I plan to have them done by tonight) and life's a beach since they're piloted by jellyfish.

OK, don't forget to remind me you're claiming those in the completion post :)

Uroboros posted:

Oath Complete

Will submit a better picture Wednesday night as I am on vacation, but just wanted to get proof here.

Base is finished, just needs glued...

No primary pic yet, but in the first picture it is to the right of the Dread, and in the second it has the green center orb.

I suspect krush will allow this anyways, but don't forget to put your name on the pics to earn your points.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

OATH COMPLETE!

By the skin of my teeth, I'm on holiday from tomorrow so had to blitz the last few bits tonight.

I'd like to claim... er...

- this is a rescue! for sakana, of the fishermen's guild (guild ball team)
- would july-ke to paint some terrian, my lord? for er.. the terrain
- life's a beach with Sakana... who is a fisherman! and is riddled with nets, rigging and various fish hooks.. and plays for the fishermen's guild (theme challenge, not technical!)

Cygnar Lancer

Sakana, Fishermen's Guild

Epic scale necrons

Terrain

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

I suspect krush will allow this anyways, but don't forget to put your name on the pics to earn your points.

I was going to put my name on the composite pic when I have them together. Just going to be a few days late.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete!

I'm claiming speed paint and life's a beach for those Monitors (they are driven by jellyfish).

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Another WIP shot:

You can see the boo-boo I had with my Agrellan Earth (pro-tip, it'll also crackle the acrylic texture paste underneat), but mitigation is in progress, as you can see.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
And another WIP photo:

Highlighting on the cracked mud is done, sand is applied, and I'm ready for water effects. Fingers crossed!

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007

eskimaux posted:

Oath Complete!

I'd like to claim speed painting as I managed to knock this out fairly quick. Now a whole squad of them...that's for next month!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE!

During the decades-long wars of sorcery that devastated the land in past ages, it was common practice to establish wells inside fortifications at or below ground level. The well itself would give troops a source of fresh water during siege, but when properly enchanted, it would also yield a convenient scrying pool for the army's support mages. At first, some casters also attempted to lure friendly water elementals to their wells, but this practice quickly fell out of favor as it tended to interfere with drinking from the well.

A magic-using unit that ends its turn within controlling distance of one of these wells may peer into the well, granting +1 to the result of any die roll of its owner's choosing for the rest of the game. Multiple players can use this ability should control of the well change hands, but each player can only benefit from this bonus once per game, regardless of how many magic users they bring to the well. (Amend this as necessary to make sense for the game system in question.)

Note: the practice of lashing the water's surface with a whip in order to command the well to give up its secrets-- known as the "Xerzes Method" in some ancient books, for reasons unclear-- is only one possible approach, and those without whips are free to draw on the well's powers also.

Aerial shot showing the water surface I painted.

Closeup of my vulture man.

Some in progress pictures of the tower ruin:

Basecoated

Washed in black ink

First layer of sponging done, a couple more lighter shades yet to come

Claiming the Challenge for the well with water
Backstory for the blurb I wrote above
WIP Photos
Box Art if possible-- I tried to copy the manufacturer's store picture; you be the judge how well I succeeded

Oh, and I can't forget Germ's terrain contest! Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord? Why yes, don't mind if I do...

I'm claiming 3 entries into the draw:
1 entry for doing it at all, obviously
1 entry for Picture Time for the scene I arranged with my other pieces for this month
1 entry for Rules Lawyer for the rules option in my blurb at the beginning of this post

Whew! I think that's all!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Creating an OATH ADDITION for July.

I humbly submit my steaming poo poo pile for Spring Cleaning

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Here's some wip of my stormtroopers, who've been dubbed The Color Brigade.

I was originally going to do then properly, but I burnt out real quick, and if I had to paint one more loving white on white with black details, I was gonna throw them down the disposal. At least this way I get to mess with different coloring techniques and wash blends and whatnot. They're all going in a Super Clean bath eventually anyway, since I already can't stand some of them, but hell if that's gonna stop me from finishing the month out.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath (with addition) complete!

For this Oath, I am claiming:
* theme challenge - because it's an oasis, a beach in the middle of the...well, beach!
* technical challenge - because I actually used water effects!
* work in progress - see photos above!

In addition, this will also be my entry into:
Would July-ke to paint some terrain, My Lord?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Phew. That was a hard one! but Here is a veritable mountain of models!

First up, the Praetorian Snipers.

With an In battle shot - here they are winning me a game by three unit points (out of 1,500) a few weeks ago!

My terrain project is over a foot high, so doesn't fit into my light box! claiming Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?

Now lets head into 'Nam. the VC are massing for action it seems.

So lets send in a platoon of boys. - for #SquadGoals

Here are the casualties, the extra US grunts and the objective markers.

Of course, I need to get them into action. So lets have some Choppers!

None of you buggers better fail an oath of a single model, let me tell you!

Also, can I claim Its a rescue for the Hueys? They were an ebay purchase, but I think they look good for Pencil sharpeners!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 1, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath one US Ariadna Devil Dog Team, for Corvus Belli's Infinity (28mm scale, although this is a 40mm model, I think)

This picture is old and my oath is actually done, but I gotta wait for my real camera to charge up. So here's this in the interim.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
OATH COMPLETE

and a quick before and after of my work space, for SPRING CLEANING

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint this Convergence of Cyriss Attunement Servitor from Privateer Press for the month of July.

Oath Complete!

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
I, overthefalls, will paint 1 Stormcast Linemen (nee Liberator) in 24 hours time.

I'm attempting to have this done in 24 hours as a test for a Stormcast army / Bloodbowl team. No shield, transplanted hand.

It has been primed/basecoated with a silver color.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of July, a Reaper Bones frog warrior

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
OATH COMPLETE

Not much, but at this rate I'll actually have this game done by Gencon!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete

I am going to claim Would July-ke to paint some Terrain, My Lord? hopefully it qualifies as an EPIC amount.

It was pretty great doing something different this month than what I normally do. It will be pleasant playing some games on something other than drybrushed grey ruins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

You didn't paint the cat.

Also, my brain tried to process those blood splatters as tiny kitten footprints.

• Locked thread