Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Pureauthor posted:

Fighting with a staff is totes cool though.

A little sad absolutely no Z fighter other than Trunks bothers with weapons of any sort.

Beyond Mecha Frieza and that one Android in a movie, it hasn't exactly served him well.. I don't know why he even bothers. Android 18 just blocked it with her arm and a chunk of it shattered off. Android 13 broke the whole drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He was able to use it pretty well against Black just recently, and that was pretty rad.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Pureauthor posted:

A little sad absolutely no Z fighter other than Trunks bothers with weapons of any sort.

Dabura tried using the Darkness Sword, which was pretty cool, and quite flashy. Unfortunately, the sword got snapped in half so quickly that we all forgot about it.

I do agree that more weapons would be cool to see in the series, but it would need to be a weapon of the Gods, created with special "unbreakable" properties or something like that. Otherwise, it's just gonna get destroyed right away. Even Janemba's dimension sword, which was amazingly powerful, couldn't withstand SSJ2 Vegeta's ki attacks.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 27, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If they created the weapons themselves on the fly using their energy (as basically another attack, like Ryoko's swords) or infused them with their energy the same as they infuse their own bodies with Ki then they'd be just as strong as the characters and wouldn't need to be made of super special material.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There was the blaster ring from RoF, that was pretty effective recently.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

tsob posted:

If they created the weapons themselves on the fly using their energy (as basically another attack, like Ryoko's swords) or infused them with their energy the same as they infuse their own bodies with Ki then they'd be just as strong as the characters and wouldn't need to be made of super special material.

I was always fond of the dude from the Cooler movie who had the lightsaber hand. I don't feel like that would be beyond what any other fighter could be capable of.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 27, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Does anyone other than him and Vegito make weapons out of ki anyway?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

HGH posted:

Does anyone other than him and Vegito make weapons out of ki anyway?

I guess Krillin's Kienzan (Destructo Disc) counts as a "weapon" made out of ki. Freeza loved using that move. You could make the argument that it's better than a traditional weapon, since it flies around and cuts whatever the user commands.

Even the Kienzan has limitations, though. Perfect Cell just stood around warming up while Krillin tried to slice his head off with the energy disc. It had zero effect. Perhaps this is why we aren't seeing more ki-themed "weapons"?

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 27, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jeice and Cooler use the Salza Blade in videogames. The Future Warrior can, unsurprisingly, use both the Salza Blade and Vegetto's Spirit Sword. As well, Heroes gives Bardock his own Ki swords as a Super Saiyan 3, called "Rebellion Edge".

On the Kienzan, Super 17 (18 absorbed) gets his own version as the Hell Lightning Cutter, presumably a combination of 18's Kienzan and his own Electric Hell Sphere.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 27, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

New Leaf posted:

Nimbus and power pole? Who the gently caress wanted that?

Turn in your goddamn dragonball card.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

It will ruin the immersion knowing that my human OC is pure at heart.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Jedah posted:

I guess Krillin's Kienzan (Destructo Disc) counts as a "weapon" made out of ki. Freeza loved using that move. You could make the argument that it's better than a traditional weapon, since it flies around and cuts whatever the user commands.

Even the Kienzan has limitations, though. Perfect Cell just stood around warming up while Krillin tried to slice his head off with the energy disc. It had zero effect. Perhaps this is why we aren't seeing more ki-themed "weapons"?

Filler. That poo poo always worked when it hit

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jedah posted:

Non-canon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Eh it's no different than a normal ki blast not being strong enough to hurt someone.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Beyond Mecha Frieza and that one Android in a movie, it hasn't exactly served him well.. I don't know why he even bothers. Android 18 just blocked it with her arm and a chunk of it shattered off. Android 13 broke the whole drat thing.

cus it looks cool and mai loves it.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Elfgames posted:

Eh it's no different than a normal ki blast not being strong enough to hurt someone.

Well, even if it did work, we know Perfect Cell can regenerate his body, thanks to Piccolo. Krillin slicing his head off wouldn't have been anymore effective than Vegeta's Final Flash, which destroyed a large portion of Perfect Cell's body. Then the smug bastard regenerated.

But yeah, that particular scene was non-canon. However, it is canon that villains like Cell and Buu don't really care if their limbs get sliced off.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 27, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah, you're right about there not really being a good choice. I guess it would have been hard to justify, but I might have gone with Humans being able to occasionally activate an Infinite Energy Drive for SSJ-style unlimited supers,maybe.

It would be cool if they gave humans the option to become Androids for the Red Ribbon Army for a stat boost.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

AfterFather posted:

It would be cool if they gave humans the option to become Androids for the Red Ribbon Army for a stat boost.
Why stop there? I want to see a resurrected Raditz and Nappa get the Android treatment.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
They could make the kaioken exclusive to humans, or some other magic power up we haven't seen before that is taught to human time cops.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

SSJ isn't unlimited supers anymore! It's just a big universal stat boost like it was in all other games

this is a good thing because gently caress multiple ss fights in zenoverse and a bad thing because sometimes I just wanna big bang over and over again forever

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Everyone, major spoiler for Dragon Ball Super just leaked, though probably not a surprising one. It's for Goku Black.

And it's completely brilliant.

Think back to how many Dragon Ball villains have had this color. TaoPaiPai. Piccolo. Freeza. Majin Buu.

Black is just one in a long line of villains. Of BADMANs

Behold. The color of evil in Dragon Ball! SUPER SAIYAN PINK (or something)!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I.

Uh.

Hm.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Sweet.
This will undoubtedly upset someone but at least the color palette in those samples is pretty cool looking.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder if that coloration is correct or if he's just doing something like using kaioken while having white hair

why is gogeta part of those pics though

is gogeta coming back

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kelp Plankton posted:

is gogeta coming back

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If Gogeta comes back I hope he gets a better fight than movie 12.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

gogeta is coming back

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if that coloration is correct or if he's just doing something like using kaioken while having white hair

Nah His hair is super sayian hair

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

why is gogeta part of those pics though

is gogeta coming back

He better not, Vegito is the one that needs to return.

Also that spoiler is amazing.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Momomo posted:

He better not, Vegito is the one that needs to return.

Seems a lot more likely it would be Gogeta, since that doesn't require the Potara Earrings, or, you know, the permanent loss of the two main protagonists of Super.

More importantly, will there be another appearance of fat and skinny Gogeta? Goku and Vegeta haven't done the fusion dance in a while, so they might screw it up again.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Potara isn't permanent anymore as of Super- it can be undone with a wish on the Dragon Balls.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Not permanent anymore, didnt Beerus split Kaioshin and Kibito back up?
Eta: nvm it was the dragon balls but point remains.

Hit or miss Clitoris fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 28, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Raxivace posted:

Potara isn't permanent anymore as of Super- it can be undone with a wish on the Dragon Balls.

While not permanent, that seems like a much higher cost than simply relying on the fusion dance and making Gogeta mainline canon.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Making that lame-o canon is exactly what they should avoid doing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

While not permanent, that seems like a much higher cost than simply relying on the fusion dance and making Gogeta mainline canon.

I mean they literally summoned Shenron and then told him to go away after one wish.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Buu could just eat them, split them apart, then spit them out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

It's not permanent, but I honestly don't think Vegitto would want to split up once formed. He is way too awesome and powerful together, it would be like Tuvix from Star Trek Voyager.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Vegeto could probably mop the floor with Beerus, and maybe even give Whis a good fight, though it's hard to tell

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

It's not permanent, but I honestly don't think Vegitto would want to split up once formed. He is way too awesome and powerful together, it would be like Tuvix from Star Trek Voyager.

I doubt it. Remember that Vegetto is still formed from Goku and Vegeta, two people for whom being able to rival the other is a very important part of their life. I can't ever imagine Vegetto being comfortable in not having the other space monkey to try to surpass.

For whatever counts, in Shin Budokai, Vegetto absolutely does want to split up after his fight with Kid Buu - because he knows Bulma and Chichi will NOT be happy with the fusion. In fact, he decides to just lock himself up in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber rather than having to face his wives. The strongest beings are not the God-surpassing Saiyans, but their wives.

Slightly Absurd posted:

Vegeto could probably mop the floor with Beerus, and maybe even give Whis a good fight, though it's hard to tell

You mean now, or when he was first formed? Because on the latter, Goku outright states otherwise. Now...honestly, I'd like to see that. Super Saiyan Blue: Kaioken x10 Vegetto might just be enough to bring a God or two down. Not Whis-level, probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if Beerus-level or even somewhat above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

pik_d posted:

Buu could just eat them, split them apart, then spit them out.

Buu's anatomy and physiology is the second best thing about DBZ as a whole. (the first being Bulma)

• Locked thread