Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

have you considered doing some freehand on the banner? besides that they're looking really solid

edit:

you can do FOR THE EMPIRE KINGDOMS OF MEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Business Gorillas posted:

have you considered doing some freehand on the banner? besides that they're looking really solid

edit:

you can do FOR THE EMPIRE KINGDOMS OF MEN

I'm gonna do some sort of transfer work on the banner once I figure out which box I have has Empire transfers in it.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

transfer sheets don't exist in fantasy outside of elf/bret shields

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

I painted some Empire dudes for (Fantasy Wargame)

Not thrilled with how the white came out, very happy with how prominent their jocks are

good groins

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

How low have we sunk. I think I still have my old undead and chaos transfers.

ed: which reminds me: SRM, check the old armybooks for banner templates, might be worth making a transfer/pasteup from that.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Liar, look at these incredibly detailed transfers

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Pierzak posted:

ed: which reminds me: SRM, check the old armybooks for banner templates, might be worth making a transfer/pasteup from that.

I have a box that contains something like 500 transfer sheets from the 90s. From back when they were black only, to when they added single colors to when they went to multiple colors. I even have some Bloodbowl sheets mixed in there as well.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Mango Polo posted:

I like how they give you not one but two sets of SS transfers

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

I painted some Empire dudes for (Fantasy Wargame)

Not thrilled with how the white came out, very happy with how prominent their jocks are

These dudes are looking pretty baller. Are you going to go with a single state for the army or will you be mixing it up with different colours for some units e.g. Nuln cannons? Agreed that the banner looks a bit plain, at the least I'd consider halving or quartering it with white. I can send you some inspiration pics from the Empire uniforms and heraldry book (assuming you don't already have it).

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pierzak posted:

Huh, that's a bummer. I've got the armybook and the uniforms and heraldry book; I'll give a look through those and see what I can do. I definitely want to do transfers on my flags though, I don't want a bunch of plain banners but they'll have to do for the moment.

Mango Polo posted:

I like how I could have whipped those up in 5 minutes in Illustrator.

Zark the Damned posted:

These dudes are looking pretty baller. Are you going to go with a single state for the army or will you be mixing it up with different colours for some units e.g. Nuln cannons? Agreed that the banner looks a bit plain, at the least I'd consider halving or quartering it with white. I can send you some inspiration pics from the Empire uniforms and heraldry book (assuming you don't already have it).
Thanks man! I'm sticking with Talabheim because I really like the look of the red and white quartered scheme. I appreciate the offer but I already have that book sitting on my shelf, so I'll be referring to it often. Kinda bums me out they didn't put out more books like them; I'd love an Osprey-style book on the Imperial Guard.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Agreed, an IG version of the book'd be ace. IIRC they only did High Elves and Skaven after the Empire one?

For the banners, have you considered designing/scanning/googling for banner images and printing them onto transfer paper? e.g. something like http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammerfb/images/e/e3/Talabecland_Banner.png/revision/latest?cb=20151217094057

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

I like how I could have whipped those up in 5 minutes in Illustrator.

But you didn't and that's where GW's craftsmanship and ingenuity shine. They did what no one else would.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Mango Polo posted:

Wait isn't the fourth black one a slaanesh or tzeentch symbol?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

thespaceinvader posted:

Wait isn't the fourth black one a slaanesh or tzeentch symbol?

It's the twin tailed comet, the symbol of Sigmar, though that version does look pretty Tzeench-like.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mango Polo posted:

I can go to the dollar store and get these same stickers, but they're sparkly!

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Iron Crowned posted:

I can go to the dollar store and get these same stickers, but they're sparkly!

The Divine Order of the Muppet Babies

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't mind me, I'm just putting some actual white supremacist logos on my golden ubermensch.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MrSlam posted:

The Divine Order of the Muppet Babies

Garfield wasn't a Muppet Baby :argh:

Deino
Dec 14, 2010

So, today a company called Tabletop Miniatures Solutions put up their Indiegogo for their alternative Tomb Kings (Undying Dynasties) line of models, designed to be used for the 9th Age. They could very easily be used for Kings of War and Warhammer, too. Here's the Link.

And here's a couple concepts to get people hype:

Deino fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 28, 2016

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Deino posted:

So, today a company called Tabletop Miniatures Solutions put up their Indiegogo for their alternative Tomb Kings (Undying Dynasties) line of models, designed to be used for the 9th Age. They could very easily be used for Kings of War and Warhammer, too. Here's the Link.

And here's a couple concepts to get people hype:

That looks really cool, but isn't Indiegogo different from KS in that they get to keep the money even if they don't hit the funding goal? Does anyone know if the company is reliable?

Deino
Dec 14, 2010

They had a really small funding goal that they already surpassed, so there's no need to worry about them not meeting their goal. And they've had a previous campaign that just recently finished up and they're shipping out orders to, now. They're basically working with the 9th Age team to produce a totally compatible line of models in addition to their own models such as their Undead Roman Legion line.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I was going to comment that the prices on the rank and file were a bit high, but this is good to hear:

quote:

Plastic kits - If we do plastic kits one of 2 things will happen. You will get twice the amount of models or we will half the price. In other words your going to double value either way.
For this to happen we would have to exceed 20k in gathered funds.
The first units we were thinking of making in plastic are infantry and Cavalry, as with plastic we can provide you with a much better offer.

They've got some badass Roman Skeletons too.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

That looks really cool, but isn't Indiegogo different from KS in that they get to keep the money even if they don't hit the funding goal?

It depends on how the campaign is set up, they support both ways iirc. I think the main difference is IGG takes your payment straight away but KS waits until the end of the campaign.

Those bone bros are looking pretty cool though, I wish them success.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:siren: I AM PLAYING AGE OF SIGMAR IN T MINUS 4 HOURS :siren:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

rip business harambe

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

im going to cincinnati in 2 weeks and a couple buddies and i are going to the zoo to play pokemon go. im going to visit the harambe gravesite

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:siren: Do not give Business Harambe money :siren:

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

berzerkmonkey posted:

They've got some badass Roman Skeletons too.

Are there rules for a dominions tabletop yet cause I want to play Erebor with those.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

im going to cincinnati in 2 weeks and a couple buddies and i are going to the zoo to play pokemon go. im going to visit the harambe gravesite
:unsmith: Was pissed off at that whole ordeal, though the situation with Rebel was even more hosed up.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
#DicksOutForTombKings

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

yeah rip

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Chakan posted:

Are there rules for a dominions tabletop yet cause I want to play Erebor with those.

Later this month: https://ospreypublishing.com/broken-legions

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Cross posting from the death thread but anyhow...

FLGS owner comped me a generals handbook since he sponsors our group and wants to run this for our next sponsored league.

Anything anyone wants to know out of it?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
The 'Consumed' scenario from that book is actually pretty cool. I wish Warmahordes had more narrative scenarios. "Go to this flag|zone" is so boring.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
On briefly skimming through it my honest first opinion is that if they produced a $25 book that introduced allegiance rules, new scenarios and points updates for every model and unit out there it would have saved WHFB easily.

It's a shame they waited to do it for such a lovely game.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Well, I mean it's been said a bunch, but there's no reason why they couldn't have just left WHFB as it was or even let some fan group build it back up for them (like they did with points for AoS by basically taking the SCGT list).

Nothing about AoS needed WHFB or that world to die. I really don't understand the choice. Even if they just said 'we're focusing on AoS for the next 2-3 years, there will be no WHFB updates in that time' what would have been the negative compared to killing the game and world off entirely?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

On briefly skimming through it my honest first opinion is that if they produced a $25 book that introduced allegiance rules, new scenarios and points updates for every model and unit out there it would have saved WHFB easily.

It's a shame they waited to do it for such a lovely game.

Totally agree. GW burned their WFB bridge, then, after the fact, began a bridge improvement project. I'd really like to know if any of this was sitting around waiting for later release, or if GW is really actually listening to people.

fnordcircle posted:

Nothing about AoS needed WHFB or that world to die. I really don't understand the choice. Even if they just said 'we're focusing on AoS for the next 2-3 years, there will be no WHFB updates in that time' what would have been the negative compared to killing the game and world off entirely?
They still could have blown the poo poo out of the WFB world without destroying the game system. They could have easily added Sigmarines and a lot of AoS without alienating what WFB fans they did have.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 1, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That's the weirdest thing about it. AoS entirely takes place in the Warp / Realm of Chaos, with some maps directly lifted from the 8e Daemons book.

Blowing up the Old World accomplished absolutely nothing, except poisoning whatever goodwill GW had going from WHFB players.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

berzerkmonkey posted:

Totally agree. GW burned their WFB bridge, then, after the fact, began a bridge improvement project. I'd really like to know if any of this was sitting around waiting for later release, or if GW is really actually listening to people.

They still could have blown the poo poo out of the WFB world without destroying the game system. They could have easily added Sigmarines and a lot of AoS without alienating what WFB fans they did have.

Or ditched the system and kept the world if they were so horny to get away from ranked mass fantasy battles. I honestly think the setting is the bigger loss than the game system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
blowing up the old world was cool as hell, the problem is they just gave you a turd of a game afterward

• Locked thread