Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bangor is very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LingcodKilla posted:

Bangor is very pretty.

We lived in Winter Harbor for 3 years when I was a kid. The house we used to live in is now a storage shed for Park Rangers at Acadia after the Navy closed the base and have it to the Park service.

Maine, Utah and Colorado will forever be the prettiest places to me

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Holy crap NOSC Kitsap is helpful. Got my orders all unfucked.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Holy crap NOSC Kitsap is helpful. Got my orders all unfucked.

What an obvious FTS plant, what'd you do with our ancient IT guy?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Heading back to C-School! All my hard holds resolved. Two month break from normal life.

So weird being on an active duty home port.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I will say that i would not mind living in/near the Bangor area especially now that i am out, not only because of legal :420:, but because holy poo poo is it pretty there.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Come rent my spare apartment in Kitsap county.

No smoking allowed.
Not 420 friendly.
Small dogs ok.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

No smoking allowed.
Not 420 friendly.
Small dogs ok.

Goons renting from goons, nothing could possibly go wrong

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LingcodKilla posted:

No smoking allowed.
Not 420 friendly.
Small dogs ok.

:lol: hell no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcZAsLekb9c

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

97% on inspection today. 1% better than last year. That denotes improvement. :toot: Navy still owns, as usual.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

No fat chicks.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

No fat splifs.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Is 10 months out too early to be short timing it?

Also what government jobs are actually fun? Or ss that an oxymoron? Still don't like the idea of losing a paycheck when I get out even if I'm gonna be going to school and getting that sweet sweet GI BILL money.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Goons renting from goons, nothing could possibly go wrong

Does it have a half-finished, half-basement that one could set up a computer gaming center/sleeping chamber in, leaving the main level for piss/cum bottle storage?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Dingleberry posted:

Does it have a half-finished, half-basement that one could set up a computer gaming center/sleeping chamber in, leaving the main level for piss/cum bottle storage?

It's a disgusting fully finished all appliances 600 sqft hovel with a scenic view of horrofic green trees.

I guess you can pee off the balcony.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You live in a state with 100% legal recreational weed yet you won't let a tenant smoke. smdh

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Howard Phillips posted:

Is 10 months out too early to be short timing it?
Wasn't for me, 7 to go :toot:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

You live in a state with 100% legal recreational weed yet you won't let a tenant smoke. smdh

But I'm allowing dogs! Hell I even have an unused dog run.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Monster!

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Why would you ever allow smoking if you own a rental property? Even if you say weed=tobacco for legal purposes, you still have to deal with vastly increased fire risk along with your tenants stinking up the place. Plus by allowing weed you're decreasing your chance of getting a military renter and the guaranteed rent payments that go along with that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cerekk posted:

Why would you ever allow smoking if you own a rental property? Even if you say weed=tobacco for legal purposes, you still have to deal with vastly increased fire risk along with your tenants stinking up the place. Plus by allowing weed you're decreasing your chance of getting a military renter and the guaranteed rent payments that go along with that.

Weed smoke is not the same as tobacco smoke at all.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Weed smoke is not the same as tobacco smoke at all.

Weed smoke makes you happy, tobacco smoke gives you cancer and paints the ceiling and light fixtures yellow

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Both make the property smell like poo poo to non-smokers who may rent/buy in the future

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Both make the property smell like poo poo to non-smokers who may rent/buy in the future

In my experience tobacco smoke is far more damaging. I smoke a ton of grass, but I can have my place look/smell like it's never been smoked in with a quickness. Smoke one cigarette in a room, and the smell lingers for days and is next to impossible to clean out.

I'm not saying that pot smoke causes zero damage, because I'm sure any smoke causes some. It's nothing like cigarette smoke and shouldn't be lumped in with it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It might not be as bad, but having looked at a former pothead's apartment when I was moving, I can confidently say "gently caress that noise." I'd allow goddamn farm animals before smoking.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The navy thread aka Squaresville

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

In my experience tobacco smoke is far more damaging. I smoke a ton of grass, but I can have my place look/smell like it's never been smoked in with a quickness. Smoke one cigarette in a room, and the smell lingers for days and is next to impossible to clean out.

I'm not saying that pot smoke causes zero damage, because I'm sure any smoke causes some. It's nothing like cigarette smoke and shouldn't be lumped in with it.

I know a lot of smokers who say this, but you have to remember, to people who don't smoke, it's a very easy smell to pick up even if they can't identify it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Smoke whatever the gently caress you smoke but do it out doors you god drat heathens.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ded posted:

Smoke whatever the gently caress you smoke but do it out doors you god drat heathens.

Seriously. I smoke cigars and pipe tobacco maybe once a month with friends on my patio, and the patio furniture has a year round odor of tobacco to it. No way I want that poo poo in my house

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
How about a compromise: let the dogs smoke.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Slumlords have rights too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Why has god forsaken me?

Single ply TP in the Bremerton gym bathroom???!

Whhhhhyyyy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Why has god forsaken me?

Single ply TP in the Bremerton gym bathroom???!

Whhhhhyyyy

Ahahaha ill wipe my rear end with plush two-ply and laugh at your misfortune

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Seriously. I smoke cigars and pipe tobacco maybe once a month with friends on my patio, and the patio furniture has a year round odor of tobacco to it. No way I want that poo poo in my house

Cigars are the only thing worse than cigarettes for lingering smoke smell and stains.

Big time blunt smokers will leave behind stains/smells similar to a cigarette smoker.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Ahahaha ill wipe my rear end with plush two-ply and laugh at your misfortune

Did the best I could then took a shower with water pressure so high it felt like hornets biting my dick.

Wtf.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Did the best I could then took a shower with water pressure so high it felt like hornets biting my dick.

Wtf.

Being out owns #justcivlife

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Has anyone here participated in Troops to Teachers that can comment on the program? For reference to where I am coming from, I'm an enlisted nuke (EMN2) who separates in 6 months. I did not re-enlist. I have a college degree (BA in History, heh).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Ultimately you're still at the mercy of the state's requirements. TTT can ease them somewhat, but it still depends. Didn't help me in Utah when I looked into it, because my degree didn't come from one of the local schools.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

Ultimately you're still at the mercy of the state's requirements. TTT can ease them somewhat, but it still depends. Didn't help me in Utah when I looked into it, because my degree didn't come from one of the local schools.

Yup. If you're not taking the bonus for working at a high poverty school it isn't all that useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Xalidur posted:

I have a college degree (BA in History, heh).

Don't teach, get a job administering teachers or in technology. The pay difference between teachers and those running/supporting a district are laughably sad.

Use you post-9/11 GI Bill to get a MS in something tech or hr or sell your soul for an MBA.

If you still don't hate the Navy completely, signing a 3 year reserve contract while in school isn't too bad, extra cash and cheap insurance. Differed from recall for 2 years and your odds of being recalled in last year are small. Just don't reenlist after your reserve contract or do and then get mobilized.

Source: BA History, MS IT & Management, Big Boy job that I'm currently on unpaid leave for while mobilized.

• Locked thread