Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Just inject it straight into me like the crack addict that I am.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

teaser for wushu 2 thread

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Please provide as many asian centric hair cuts, facial hair and accesories so I can create an rng creator for your very own Baki man 芭比

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

BERGfu posted:

Please provide as many asian centric hair cuts, facial hair and accesories so I can create an rng creator for your very own Baki man 芭比

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

hmmm not exact

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Please the follow the Smash Mouth to the guest room.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

*opens my meridians in anticipation*

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
*breaks meridians preemptively*

Here we see Feedz, caught red handed following the lady to the guest room of the Chengdu brothel.

Here is the warband struggling to run up a near vertical cliff face to launch an air raid on an enemy guild base. There is a long defensible pass that them and all their buddies not included in the war were using to prevent people getting in. We went up the cliff beside the road and and block-chained flying moves to go straight over their heads and into the war.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We should have a kung-fu movie night sometime. Like we used to.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Unguided posted:

YES

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Unguided posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibkDPXYsMiU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://u.pomf.is/mhzajh.webm

Thunderbolt Fantasy is unironically good

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

CheetoRamen posted:

Here is the warband struggling to run up a near vertical cliff face to launch an air raid on an enemy guild base. There is a long defensible pass that them and all their buddies not included in the war were using to prevent people getting in. We went up the cliff beside the road and and block-chained flying moves to go straight over their heads and into the war.

Look at these scrubs which cannot embrace happiness and fly into the sky from a standing start.

I may not have been able to fight worth a goddamn, but I was very happy being that one dude who could literally fly across the map and never touch the ground.

I remember people screaming at me when I got the random encounter, and remember reading it right then and there while everyone told me how many dings I could get. No regrets. Made script stealing a lot of fun!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I will never love a china game again

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I hope it sucks in a fun way so I can get in on the ground floor this time.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I can't imagine this just went into production so I wonder how far along it is. Figure they'll probably show it off today. That other sandbox game Snail is showing off "Savage Horizon" formerly known as "Dark and Light" has been in development since 2002 I guess.

http://mmoculture.com/2011/03/darkness-and-light-an-epic-mmo-in-the-making/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_and_Light

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 27, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Get your VPNs ready :getin:

quote:

According to Snail Games, they will return to PC game market officially after years of exploration in mobile game market. And on the heels of unveiling 3 hardcore client-based new MMORPGs, including Age of Wushu 2, Age of Sail II: Pirate Survival and Savage Horizon

quote:

In March of last year, rumors that Snail Games was working on Age of Wushu 2 — not just its Dynasties mobile spinoff — began to emerge, and this week, they’re firming up. Here’s why we think it’s a good bet now — and what we know about it so far:

Earlier this month, MMO Culture reported that Snail Games had formally confirmed it plans to unveil Age of Wushu 2 at Chinajoy this week. (It starts tomorrow.)
MMOsite reported that the game is built on Unreal 4 for a “a heavy upgrade in visuals and gameplay features,” apparently including a destructible sandbox environment and “more realistic combat animations.”
Age of Wushu forumgoers posted a Chinese-language article from GamerSky published July 19th; it reiterates the announcement and Unreal 4 engine rumor and claims the sequel will focus on martial arts sandbox gameplay with much more freedom of play and movement. Google translate gives us the gist: “macro-game scenes, highly infectious picture atmosphere, rich details such as vegetation, construction, real people, etc. and delicate texture performance, combined with high-quality visual effects, bringing users innovative level sensory experience.”
Forumgoers also dug up a piece from an apparent Snail employee suggesting the game will indeed be a sandbox — but he contrasted sandboxes with MMORPGs, which led to much confusion.

MMO Culture has an interview out today as well with the Producer, who again confirms it’s a sandbox with wuxia vibes, but it’s “ditched the traditional combat system where the player with the higher attack rating or pay most attention to health bars will most probably win.” The time setting isn’t predetermined; expect weather effects, alliances, kidnappings, fortresses, and “more to spice up PvP.” The business model still isn’t set in stone, and the game isn’t intended as a replacement — Snail will continue to operate and update Age of Wushu, it says. Expect the game to enter testing next year.

And yes, the game will launch globally “in the future.”

For clarity’s sake: “Human Resource Configurations 2” is apparently how Google translates Age of Wushu 2. It’s adorable and we should totally start using that. Honesty in sandboxes.
That bit about combat not being based entirely on stats makes me wonder how badly they can gently caress things up if skill matters this time around.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/40740/Snail-Games-Returning-to-the-MMO-Space-with-Several-Titles.html
http://mmoculture.com/2016/07/age-of-wushu-2-producer-gives-more-details-before-official-reveal/

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 28, 2016

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Get your VPNs ready :getin:

That bit about combat not being based entirely on stats makes me wonder how badly they can gently caress things up if skill matters this time around.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/40740/Snail-Games-Returning-to-the-MMO-Space-with-Several-Titles.html
http://mmoculture.com/2016/07/age-of-wushu-2-producer-gives-more-details-before-official-reveal/

P2W: The new frontier

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
No

no

NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO

NONONONO

I can't go back to wushu they'll kill me. :ohdear:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Forer posted:

No

no

NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO

NONONONO

I can't go back to wushu they'll kill me. :ohdear:

pretty sure my girlfriend will kill me, literally

I'll probably play anyway

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im always up to following the lady into the guest room but if this games production just started it'll be another 3-4 years till its done and another 3 to get it localized

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im always up to following the lady into the guest room but if this games production just started it'll be another 3-4 years till its done and another 3 to get it localized

Their last press release said they are aiming for 2017 launch.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Haquer posted:

pretty sure my girlfriend will kill me, literally

I'll probably play anyway
Solidarity.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Screw localization, we demand more hilarious machine translations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly, they should just do what Tree of Savior did and have the localization be crowd sourced. It worked out pretty well all things considered.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly, they should just do what Tree of Savior did and have the localization be crowd sourced. It worked out pretty well all things considered.

admit it, with the usual wushu crowd they'd translate the delete character button as "play game"

and we'd make sure that was always there

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Forer posted:

admit it, with the usual wushu crowd they'd translate the delete character button as "play game"

and we'd make sure that was always there

yeah, pretty well

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Oh boy, Chinagame 2.0. Goodbye an ungodly amount of hours of my life.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
How many Chinagames have we gone through? Surely we're past 2.0 by now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Age of wushu
swordsman online
moonlight blade CN
black desert online (korea is discount chinese with bubbles)

Maybe black gold? but what ever, most of these were at most 1 month adventures.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Age of wushu
swordsman online
moonlight blade CN
black desert online (korea is discount chinese with bubbles)

Maybe black gold? but what ever, most of these were at most 1 month adventures.

I remember staying up and trying to grind my rear end off in swordsman online to hit level 60 with my goon buddies

I also remember a week later everyone collectively vomiting and leaving

The game people still send me emails

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Forer posted:

I remember staying up and trying to grind my rear end off in swordsman online to hit level 60 with my goon buddies

I also remember a week later everyone collectively vomiting and leaving

The game people still send me emails

I still get AoW emails to my alt email (I sold my main) :v:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I checked into the AoW forums just for fun - still terrible, possibly even worse?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

angerbeet posted:

I checked into the AoW forums just for fun - still terrible, possibly even worse?

I refuse to believe they could get worse.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

TheRagamuffin posted:

How many Chinagames have we gone through? Surely we're past 2.0 by now.

I only played Wushu and then Swordsman for a few days before I dropped it so it's 2.0 for me.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Who was that guy who that guy who tried to re-rent usual stall spot then rage quit when he succeeded and started yelling about paper boulders? I remember he said he didn't actually like the Man With The Ironfists movie but named his stall in honor of it regardless.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

angerbeet posted:

Actually so unbelievable I am reinstalling AoW just to see what they've done with it in the years since I last played.

e: I forgot you had to manually download all the cab files, I already regret this life decision.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 30, 2016

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
I'm very ready to speculate over obscure snippits on deep-web chinese imageboards and divine the nature of text from chinese tea leaves once more.

Maybe there will even be a chest to camp.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I'm still mad they added a housing system when you could walk into somebody's house and just gently caress poo poo up long after P2W ruined everything. That poo poo was beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You guys are missing something important here

dragon ball xenoverse 2 is coming out and you can play as elder guru