Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pick posted:

Ha ha it's awesome to bring up violence against women and then have the "what about men!!!" crowd jump out, and then I can remember why I normally don't feel that bad for men in the first place.

Yeah women generally can't stand not being the center of attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

that said i absolutely wear a straw fedora when I mow the lawn. i just dont try to spit game while doing so

Straw fedoras are cool and good in the summer, especially out in Aus. Stick on some shades, crack open a tinny, and let the sun sear a vest shaped tan line into your skin.

Alternatively if you're an edgy young person who does a lot of the drugs and are at a music festival, wear a bucket hat to communicate how edgy you are. Girls love edgy boys in bucket hats.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Ha ha it's awesome to bring up violence against women and then have the "what about men!!!" crowd jump out, and then I can remember why I normally don't feel that bad for men in the first place.

The "what about men" argument is bad when it's used to counter a statement like "violence against women is too common". But that wasn't what you said. You were comparing worst case scenarios, not general trends. For both genders "my partner will kill me if I leave" is a valid worst case scenario, although it is exceedingly rare for either of them. This is separate from acknowledging that men hold the balance of power when it comes to violence and that women are generally more vulnerable/abused from a statistical standpoint.

So basically you are comparing apples to oranges and being a fucko about it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Profondo Rosso posted:

ithikn hurting people physically is bad

yeah usually but sometimes people just need a right good thrashing imo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

KomodoWagon posted:

One hyper fat kid in my high school used to wear a plain grey t-shirt that said "LOCAL SPORTS TEAM" and every drat time he wore it he'd talk about how dumb people are for liking sports until one girl he'd been pulling the nice guy routine on told him "maybe if you were more open to enjoying sports, you wouldn't be such a fat sack of poo poo." He just took it like a bitch, sat in complete silence, and pretended tears weren't welling in his eyes. It was glorious.

He never did wear it after that, but also never got into sports afaik.

Every time someone sells the SA branded version of this awful shirt, goons go loving wild and pay silly money for it. Like it's a piece of clothing that should be worn and not burnt out of embarrassment.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
Most dudes who get crimed, get crimed by other dudes. *sips tea* #hotmanonmanaction

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

except you joked about the worst man being a murderer and the worst woman just being kinda bitchy when in reality 1/3rd of physical abuse victims are men

normally I'd agree that it's dumb for men to be all 'but not ALL men' or whatever but that was just kinda :rolleyes: sorry

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

social vegan posted:

i love sex but i cant cum unless i think of how tall the eiffel tower is wow what strucutre

it used to be the tallest in the world but its not anymore. the world is a funny place

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Pick posted:

Settle down sally

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Pick posted:

An important distinction is that the "bottom of the barrel" for men, by man standards, is a really ugly woman. A "bottom of the barrel" for women, by woman standards, is someone who will try to kill us if we leave

this isnt the bottom of the barrel at all. lots of women dont even have this on their radar when picking guys. that's a pretty big reason why women are more likely to be killed by a romantic partner than anyone else.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
The crazy thing about the female-on-male domestic violence is that when its bad, most people can't respond with anything but WTF? so it seems kind of hard for men to get help when its happening. One of my friends recently went through a long divorce against a crazy wife who didn't want to get divorced, and he pretty much lived on various couches for most of it because his wife would go into rages and either throw poo poo at him or scratch, bite and slap him. He said every time he called the cops over the attacks so he could get that stuff on paper, they automatically cuffed him first, and when they realized he was the victim, they would get super amused. If it were more common that probably wouldn't be the case. But at the same time, just because some bad poo poo happens to some guys doesn't mean we should ignore the same thing when it happens to women...or vice versa.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol goon men are SO DIFFERENT THAN OTHER GUYS

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

The "what about men" argument is bad when it's used to counter a statement like "violence against women is too common". But that wasn't what you said. You were comparing worst case scenarios, not general trends. For both genders "my partner will kill me if I leave" is a valid worst case scenario, although it is exceedingly rare for either of them. This is separate from acknowledging that men hold the balance of power when it comes to violence and that women are generally more vulnerable/abused from a statistical standpoint.

So basically you are comparing apples to oranges and being a fucko about it.

In the context of making early dating/courtship decisions and opening up to new people though I think it is fair to say that the threat of violence is a far more valid and active concern for women than it is for men, which is what I think pick was getting at to begin with. When it comes to meeting new people women have to worry about that much more, which makes them more selective with who they meet than a man is likely to be.

But outside of just meeting new people, at the broader level of actually having relationships, I wouldn't say that the worst case scenario for a man is getting an ugly woman. I think the worst case scenario for either gender is inviting a crazy and destructive person into your life and having them gently caress you up real bad.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

and yet people do that far more often than pair off with uggos

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I've never gone on a blind date and had to worry about being in a public place so that I wouldn't end up drugged, or raped, or violently attacked by the other person. And I've dated some huuugeeee women

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
This thread has certainly begun a metamorphosis. We went from laughing at creepy losers to psychoanalysis purty quick.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Had a Korean pen pal for a few months, seemed pretty nice. We talked online and on the phone a couple times. I had lived in Korea for a while before then, had come back to the US and there were some cheap little snacks I said I really missed and couldn't find cuz I lived out in the middle of nowhere. He offered to send me some and he seemed nice, so I gave him my address to mail them to me.

Well, big loving mistake, he didn't end up mailing the snacks. He decided he was going to "surprise" me by flying his rear end down to the US and come to my apartment. To my horror, documenting the entire trip and sending it to me. Fortunately, it was gated and he was too epicly stupid to think of sneaking through the gate behind someone, but he kept sending me pics of him outside the complex patrolling the perimeter and asking me to come out and see him so he could take me on a date. He was outraged that I would not come out and see him after he had been so "nice" to fly out there and tried to entice me with gifts that he had brought. He was under the impression that this gesture was romantic. His I'm-outside-your-apartment selfies turned into post-cry selfies and why-don't-you-want-to-be-with-mes and so on and so forth. And no, this dude and I never talked or even joked about the possibility of a relationship prior to him showing up. I tried to explain why it wasn't appropriate for a 50 year old dude to fly to another country and stalk a 20-something's apartment, but he didn't get it. He said it wasn't stalking because we were friends and I gave him my address so he assumed he was free to come over. I told him to gently caress off but apparently that got lost in the language barrier too or some poo poo.

I didn't want to leave the apartment but I eventually had to go to work. I worked about 45 minute drive away... well, he followed me to work, parked behind me and rolled down his windows and tried to talk to me, I RAN into the building which thankfully had security gates and no unauthorized people were allowed in. I was worried he could have stayed in the parking lot until I got off (turns out I was right), so I asked a couple tough looking dudes to walk with me to my car and block him into the parking lot so I could at least get a head start even though he knew where I lived.

So yeah anyway this continued for about 10 days until he had to go back to Korea. He mailed me a ring with his and my name engraved on it and I moved and now I don't have any more pen pals.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

lived in a dorm with this guy who ended becoming insanely obsessive and possessive even though i told him i would never date him.
first he sent me a bouquet of 24 long stem white roses. then he sent me one of those 5 foot tall giant teddy bears. then i failed by g2 test, was pretty sad about it, and he sent me another bouquet of long stem red roses. i got angry with him and told him to stop treating me like his girlfriend, since i would never date him and poo poo.
he told me multiple times that he told his friends that i was his girlfriend, and that he was only happy cause he had constructed this imaginary world in his mind where we were dating and that's what made him happy.

i went to prom with my friend who was a year younger than me. just friends. we were going as JUST friends. he demanded the guys name, wanted to search him up etc.
he lived about 5 ish hours away from me. he would come to my city and get a hotel downtown and force me to see him the entire weekend (saturday and sunday). when i told him i cant see him both days due to family thing/other plans he would flip his poo poo and say "i paid x amount of money to come here, and you won't even see me the whole weekend!!!" well, i didn't ask you to come and spend that money.....

one time he showed up to my house at like 10 at night. i never gave him my address, which he somehow figured out when he was sending me things. he basically showed up to my house demanding we hang out, i drove him back to the subway station and told him to never come to my house again.

then i moved back to the city we go to school in (different city then where we both lived). he showed up to my apartment in that city after me not telling him where i lived. he would constantly call me demanding i talk to him even though i would tell him i was busy.

it was a stressful time in my life i won't lie. completely ruined my summer having to deal with this poo poo for 4 months. he's done and out of my life now though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

A few years ago my buddy hosted a party. He invited this one guy out of pity since he really had no friends. Let's call him "Ahmad". Now Ahmad really had a thing for this girl at the party let's call her "Nadia" but she friend zoned the gently caress out of him. He spent the entire time at the party being passive aggressive towards her and making cringeworthy sexist jokes and passive aggressively trying to cockblock any guys that were trying to talk to her.

Anyhow Nadia got really annoyed with him and kept belittling him after a while then decided to have really loud sex with this other guy at the party towards the end of the night. Ahmad cried himself to sleep cuddling with a pillow he thought belonged to her but really belonged to my buddy who hosted the party. My buddy disposed of that pillow the next day.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

D:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ratjaculation posted:

A few years ago my buddy hosted a party. He invited this one guy out of pity since he really had no friends. Let's call him "Ahmad". Now Ahmad really had a thing for this girl at the party let's call her "Nadia" but she friend zoned the gently caress out of him. He spent the entire time at the party being passive aggressive towards her and making cringeworthy sexist jokes and passive aggressively trying to cockblock any guys that were trying to talk to her.

Anyhow Nadia got really annoyed with him and kept belittling him after a while then decided to have really loud sex with this other guy at the party towards the end of the night. Ahmad cried himself to sleep cuddling with a pillow he thought belonged to her but really belonged to my buddy who hosted the party. My buddy disposed of that pillow the next day.

He should have just of jerked off to the loud sex. With enough imagination and drugs he might have misremembered the sequence of things later in life.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Sorry but it's true. When men think of "Oh god, I don't want to die alone, I might have to ..." they imagine that ugly girl who hangs around them and is desperate for attention. When women think, "Oh god, I don't want to die alone, I might have to..." it's the dude who collects swords and has a file folder called "guro"

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Pick posted:

Sorry but it's true. When men think of "Oh god, I don't want to die alone, I might have to ..." they imagine that ugly girl who hangs around them and is desperate for attention. When women think, "Oh god, I don't want to die alone, I might have to..." it's the dude who collects swords and has a file folder called "guro"

i actually dont think most women spend much time thinking about mens sword collections or "guro" but maybe you have that impression because the women you hang out with are the type that have to worry about dying alone in the first place

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Pick posted:

I can agree to the fear of violence being greater for women, but I have to disagree on the idealised ugly/awkward girl. The forever alone members of either gender both have a bunch of personality flaws, habits, obsessive hobbies and weird sexual hangups/fetishes that the other gender finds unappealing. There are female stereotype to compliment all the male stereotypes like fedoras and swords.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

CubanMissile posted:

I guess you're right, but guys like Don Draper and Indiana Jones wore much bigger fedoras. I've never seen any male on tv or anywhere else look awesome in the little ones.

Late to this party, but that colossal idiot and rear end in a top hat Russell from "Survivor" wore the little fedora. Whenever I see one I think of that douchecanoe. He wrecked both fedoras and "Survivor."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Ratjaculation posted:

Can't imagine having sex with someone just to spite someone else.

Also they're both awful.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Pick posted:

that may be true for you but there are a tooon of not-desperate women out there who enter relationships willingly and happily with guys who punch holes in walls, throw things during arguments, etc.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Bacon Taco posted:

Late to this party, but that colossal idiot and rear end in a top hat Russell from "Survivor" wore the little fedora. Whenever I see one I think of that douchecanoe. He wrecked both fedoras and "Survivor."

Russel owned though and was the complete opposite of a nice guy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

In the context of making early dating/courtship decisions and opening up to new people though I think it is fair to say that the threat of violence is a far more valid and active concern for women than it is for men, which is what I think pick was getting at to begin with. When it comes to meeting new people women have to worry about that much more, which makes them more selective with who they meet than a man is likely to be.

yeah that's fair enough

subhuman filth posted:

that may be true for you but there are a tooon of not-desperate women out there who enter relationships willingly and happily with guys who punch holes in walls, throw things during arguments, etc.

eh I've thrown some sunglasses at the wall in a moment of frustration before, is it really that crazy?

not like at another person obv

e: i guess context matters because you're probably talking about dudes throwing poo poo around and being raging bulls and screaming/yelling and I'm just talking about like 'aaaaggghhhhh my loving car got towed damnit!' *throws sunglasses*

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 28, 2016

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

CubanMissile posted:

Dudes like this existed well before millenials. They probably just raped girls and no one cared.

Partially true, they managed to procreate via arranged marriage systems. And when those systems vanish and the next generation of young men are expected to court women for the first time, you get a society of desperate shitheads (see China, India)

EDIT: A lot of attractive women stay in abusive relationships, mostly due to low self-esteem which is enforced by the abusive spouse and/or family.

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 28, 2016

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

eh I've thrown some sunglasses at the wall in a moment of frustration before, is it really that crazy?

don't throw things during arguments, especially arguments with someone who is half your size and a quarter your strength.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

subhuman filth posted:

don't throw things during arguments, especially arguments with someone who is half your size and a quarter your strength.

This is also good advice, my mom threw things at me growing up and this is why I can't talk to women.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

subhuman filth posted:

We had neighbors like that here. She hit him, and he punched holes in the doors and walls, and smashed things. They both yelled, and it would go on for hours. He said he was glad that she only beat on him with hammer fists.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

skander posted:

We had neighbors like that here. She hit him, and he punched holes in the doors and walls, and smashed things. They both yelled, and it would go on for hours. He said he was glad that she only beat on him with hammer fists.

I moved from one house with neighbours exactly like that, into another house with neighbours exactly like that except they also involved the kids. I'm glad I made it out of the suburbs because I'm pretty sure that is just the standard relationship dynamic for white trash australians.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

subhuman filth posted:

Conversely, don't throw poo poo at someone twice your size and 4 times as strong, even if you can't control your female hormones because maybe they won't control themselves either

I once shut a door very hard because I was so mad at this stupid girl, the neighbors probably heard it.

I'd never done anything of the sort. Then I got into my car and went very fast.

I'm super chill, and it never crossed my mind to hit her, but at that moment I could understand how other dudes lose their poo poo, there's always someone who will push your buttons and it's usually your lover who knows you best

Just respect people is all

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

subhuman filth posted:

during an argument i throw my gf really high up in the air and then catch her. she can't be mad at me after cause i saved her life

naem
May 29, 2011

Gaunab posted:

What about nice gals?

FAT

K Eazy
Jul 28, 2016

by Shine
am a virgin at 18 I will statistically remain a virgin until my late 20s. Why, simple, women, no, society, rather, despises male virgins. Male virgins past the mid teenage years are seen as failures at best and abominations at worst. Considering failure compounds (failures lead to more failures) I'll never get a woman based on my looks and personalities, at least not until my mid-late 20s when I will be able to afford a hooker. It just makes perfect sense, honestly, they'd deny it, but most women would murder an omega virgin incel before they'd harming a hair on the head of an alpha chad, it's just basic reality, the only exception are brothers and sisters and mothers and sons. Women despise non-related incels, it's a fact. Because of that fact, I will remain a virgin until I have enough money to pay for sex, because no woman would want to have sex with a virgin.

http://i.imgur.com/BrnV2hj.jpg

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
So there was this girl I knew in high school who was really pretty but actually had a toxic personality. She didn't really have many close friends.

After high school, I heard that this dude had a standing lunch with her every week. He was sorta goony and probably didn't realize that she had zero interest in him. He was otherwise a pretty cool guy, but I get the impression that he thought he was planting seeds while she thought she was getting a free meal.

:sad:

I don't throw things when I'm angry because I'm an adult who can express his emotions in healthy ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

lol yes, women have zero obligations to ever do anything.

• Locked thread