Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

http://imgur.com/gallery/4QRaFAx

Lotta sympathy for ol baby dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/benameytv/status/758488023302565889

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Some people on Twitter are upset that Bradley Cooper is a Democrat.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/28/republicans-are-very-upset-that-american-sniper-star-bradley-cooper-is-at-the-dnc.html

I know, Daily Beast.

https://twitter.com/garlicfries95/status/758546829365477376

https://twitter.com/NatShupe/status/758514379801321474

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Next you'll be telling me that Chris Kyle embellished his service record!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bradley is very handsome with that beard.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

:suicide:

He RESHARED the dumbest post I've ever seen. I even commented on the original, 3 years ago, stating that computer technology was lovely in 2001 and most Russian dash cam videos are from this current decade (wherein dashcams are cheap and ubiquitous), not even mentioning the NEED to own a dashcam in Russia due to the rampant fraud and poor policing.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Not too bad on the surface but this woman posts non-stop about this Plexus stuff. One in a long line of products working mothers or housewives sell. Is this a pyramid scheme? Both she and her husband claim it's working but I have a feeling it's more that they drink water more and don't stuff their faces at every opportunity. I'm glad they're losing weight, just stop with the constant commercials for this poo poo.

Enough for now but believe me when I say these type of posts go for pages on her main FB page. Oh, and one more piece of irony: she's a nurse. But from what I've seen, nurses believe in the biggest homeopathy mumbo jumbo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

People really love meaningless titles

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Got any good examples? That sounds funny as heck.

He broke character once to make fun of Poptart Fairy.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bean_shadow posted:

Is this a pyramid scheme?

If you find yourself asking that question, the answer is probably "yes."

If you want to be absolutely sure:

"Ambassador" "amazing products" "enjoy your bonus" "awesome health improvements"

yeop

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Seriously, somebody help me out here: what's with the idea that Sarkeesian didn't fulfil the kickstarter? She's been pumping out content on a decently regular basis for like, three years now.

Not like the Tropes vs. Men guys, who ran away with the money without a single frame.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Would it be kosher to just post a series of photos of someone who I believe to have the world's most punchable face or is that too A/U/G and/or invasive of privacy for this thread?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

TinTower posted:

Seriously, somebody help me out here: what's with the idea that Sarkeesian didn't fulfil the kickstarter? She's been pumping out content on a decently regular basis for like, three years now.

Not like the Tropes vs. Men guys, who ran away with the money without a single frame.
Here's an explanation.

tl;dr: They're idiots

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

EmmyOk posted:

That's not a nice thing to call Amy Poehler.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Plom Bar posted:

and cleaned up my diet to include fresh, real food with as little refined sugar as I could manage.

This isn't a good way to lose weight. While it's probably better to eat "fresh, real" food than processed food all other things equal, it's a really tiny and usually unnecessary part of losing weight in general. Stuff like refined sugar is usually only bad in that it means something has more calories, but it's not necessary to look at in and of itself. For the purposes of losing weight, you're better off eating a smaller amount of the most processed, surgary food imaginable than you are eating a larger number of calories of something otherwise healthy. "Eat less food(/drink less calorie-laden drinks)" is way more important than exercise or what you're eating (after accounting for calories). One thing that surprised me when looking for changes to make to my diet is that a small container of mixed nuts is like 1000 calories. You're literally better off eating a few donuts or a hamburger and fries than that, but I would be willing to bet that most people would go for the mixed nuts because they're more "natural" and not something that is generally associated with poor health.

I think a lot of people end up discouraged because they make dieting more about what they eat than how much they eat and sometimes overemphasize the importance of exercise relative to diet. Not that exercising isn't a good idea, because it obviously is (though more for general health than for weight loss specifically), but it's not really necessary to weight loss (and can even potentially have the opposite of the intended effect by making you hungrier afterwards; as another poster mentioned, a single donut can nullify a LOT of exercise).

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

EmmyOk posted:

If Hillary promised to give Limitless a second season, she might get more votes.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

:stare: Something called "RationalWiki" has a detailed article defending criticisms against Anita Sarkeesian? I never thought I'd see the day.

I wanted to double check to see if I had made an incorrect assumption about the userbase of the site, but sure enough, right on the front page:

quote:

Atheists are one of the most distrusted minority groups, particularly in the US.

That is legitimately surprising.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Did you mean Amy Schumer?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

It is interesting to me that your takeaway from that was thinking I was looking for weight loss advice.

Like, seriously. In your haste to make sure I got the RIGHT advice THIS time you seem to have overlooked the part where I said I successfully lost 100 lbs. That is not a small number of pounds. That does not equate to "not losing weight". I lost hella weight. What I DIDN'T lose was size. That was the issue.

Plom Bar has a new favorite as of 19:02 on Jul 28, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

trapped mouse posted:

Did you mean Amy Schumer?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TinTower posted:

It's very strange all right, stranger still is the "she tricked people into overfunding her!". Which is weird because people could see she hit her goals and kept donating which is apparently a vile feminist trick on her part.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

trapped mouse posted:

:stare: Something called "RationalWiki" has a detailed article defending criticisms against Anita Sarkeesian? I never thought I'd see the day.

RationalWiki's been steadily better in recent years with it's userbase growing in a more progressive direction, making fun of MRAs, Goobergabers and the like and being generally less poo poo.

There's still a lot of New Athiest smugness and Islamophobic poo poo in the articles unfortunately, there seems to be a dedicated clique of idiots that love to slip it in to every article they can vaguely link to Islam, along with a heavy dose of Dick Dorkins, Thunderf00t and Amazing Athiest appologetics.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Yeah, Rationalwiki is 95% Pretty Good poo poo at the moment, I haven't really seen much of what SteelMentor says about islamophobia, but I don't often fall down the belief systems rabbit-hole on that site. I kinda stick to the pseudoscience/cults/individual weirdos articles mostly, and those are generally a hoot.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I was waiting for this joke.

Also I spend tons of money on idle fancies and I'm a pretty horrible person but I've never paid for something to spite other people on the internet but apparently Anita Sarkeesian has made thousands of dollars from people who only support her to spite the patriarchy which is p impressive. I once had a student tell me feminism was invented to sell books (though he applauded their business acumen) so I guess this is proof of his claim.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

One thing that surprised me when looking for changes to make to my diet is that a small container of mixed nuts is like 1000 calories. You're literally better off eating a few donuts or a hamburger and fries than that, but I would be willing to bet that most people would go for the mixed nuts because they're more "natural" and not something that is generally associated with poor health.

I ran into this when I was doing military ration reviews (thread here) and came across a tiny can of nuts in the British 24-hour ration.

This is 588 calories.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

chitoryu12 posted:

I ran into this when I was doing military ration reviews (thread here) and came across a tiny can of nuts in the British 24-hour ration.

This is 588 calories.

Jesus Christ :stare:

tbf I know nothing of food and only recently started weighing & measuring things to be less fat

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I watched a bunch of videos of a crazy Finnish man crushing things in a hydraulic press and YouTube decided that what I really wanted was a bunch of videos of Thunderf00t ranting about the "truth of feminism".

Sometimes, the website itself is the idiot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Jesus Christ :stare:

tbf I know nothing of food and only recently started weighing & measuring things to be less fat

Nuts are extremely calorie-dense. They're great if you need to carry snacks while doing something like hiking because they pack a truly ridiculous amount of food energy into a tiny package, but their reputation as a health food means they're also deceptively fattening if you chow down a bowl of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I watched a bunch of videos of a crazy Finnish man crushing things in a hydraulic press and YouTube decided that what I really wanted was a bunch of videos of Thunderf00t ranting about the "truth of feminism".

Sometimes, the website itself is the idiot.

I have a Twitter account I made just for some dumb CD key giveaway for bad game Defiance.

Twitter keeps sending me "Trending in your network" emails with Tweets from some MRA twitter account.

Maybe they participated in the giveaway. How do MRAs feel about crappy media straddling sci-fi franchises?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Grondoth posted:

He broke character once to make fun of Poptart Fairy.

I had to go find this. Fairly recent, about Ghostbusters.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

1. I dare you to go one page without mentioning gamergate.
2. "Angry ‘Fans’ are striving to protect a legacy that cannot be harmed" False this can ruin the chances of there being another ghostbusters movie and fixing the many problems this reboot will bring in. "based on material they haven’t seen" False We have seen the trailer and it looked like garbage, trailers are meant to convince you to see new movies and ghostbusters reboot didn't do that. "from an offense that isn’t happening" False Paul Feig said from day one the only reason he is making this movie was so that he could put women in the lead for a girl power message. "and the irony is they are proving exactly why a female Ghostbusters isn’t just necessary—it’s inspired" our protests are only proving how corrupt journalists actually are.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

chitoryu12 posted:

Nuts are extremely calorie-dense.

:smug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Nope, that was a quote too. it's from Reddit. He just changed "them" to "you" in the first part.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

You know that all you've got to do is google the quote, right?

source for that quote

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

SteelMentor posted:

There's still a lot of New Athiest smugness and Islamophobic poo poo in the articles unfortunately, there seems to be a dedicated clique of idiots that love to slip it in to every article they can vaguely link to Islam, along with a heavy dose of Dick Dorkins, Thunderf00t and Amazing Athiest appologetics.

Which one is athier?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Stoatbringer posted:

Which one is athier?

The one that's more athiey than the others, duh.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

IoSM: Killary Cunton

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

...are you on my friends list? Or is this a meme people are copy/pasting to be funny? This exchange happened almost verbatim earlier this month between a dorkus maximus I went to high school with and a girl he was pining after way back then :tinfoil:

Do they not know that "I certainly do have a way with words :smug: That's never changed" reads "you didn't pay me any mind back then but i was awesome and still am please let's do a sex" to anyone not stuck at fourteen years old?

of course they don't

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

dorkus maximus

The correct technical term is 'dorkus malorkus.

:goonsay:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Miss Johnson, why are you wasting 30+ minutes of class time to throw all 100 of my pokeballs? Woulden't it be easier to just take my phone away for the rest of the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Miss Johnson, why are you wasting 30+ minutes of class time to throw all 100 of my pokeballs? Woulden't it be easier to just take my phone away for the rest of the day?

Miss Johnson makes me sad