Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Obstacle2 posted:

If I could get an invite, I'm Ubartin @Obstacletwo

Didn't seem to be able to invite you, you sure that's your @handle? Other two are in tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
He's already sorted. He was hanging out in chat last night.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
On the back of losing Chekov now we've lost the best drat security officer. :(

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
loving 2016 is the worst year for people I like.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Aleth posted:

On the back of losing Chekov now we've lost the best drat security officer. :(

gently caress this year.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

RIP. Hope they're still making Zima in heaven.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Gnome de plume posted:

I'd like to see a new NX class ship, maybe with a console power that effects small craft & hangar pets. Call it Sabotage.

In any case You need a Platinum Account to view this message.

They already have a power named Sabotage though sadly.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I would like to join the spaceguild thing since space is lonely without DISCO. Vatek@vatek6.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Star Trek Online Season 12: Rise of the Goon Sleeper Agents

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Mondian posted:

Didn't seem to be able to invite you, you sure that's your @handle? Other two are in tho

Got an invite through the channel, thanks though!

Is it possible to get Obstacle2 auth'd to the wesley wiki?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Obstacle2 posted:

Got an invite through the channel, thanks though!

Is it possible to get Obstacle2 auth'd to the wesley wiki?

You're in

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DancingShade posted:

Yeah. People will pay it too because they want to look like CSGO characters.

I mean, they'll complain a lot but still pay it anyway.

Also:

Thanks to Pulse for capturing this screenshot of zone chat.

This guy has a thread on the sto forum now

verbatim copy/paste posted:

I have been playing close to almost 7 yrs since this game first came out and I had some fun and some good times but ever since these lock boxes came out I have yet to win a single ship all I get out of these boxes are **** and more **** and don't say its luck either cause as of today and the day before there is a certain player that keeps winning these ships like no tomorrow he has won 7 T6 connies and the kelvin dreadnought in a span of 10 mins and don't say its luck cause it s not I know that there is a exploit on these boxes and its BS and not fair to honest players like me that want one of these ships and don't say GET ONE FROM THE EXCHANGE BS either cause the ones that are winning multiple ships are the credit farmers that put them up at 400mill EC plus I have over drat near 30 toons and I have yet to even come close to that mark of EC I get it you guys going to say that there are other T6 ships in the Z store granted they are good ships and all and granted I have almost all the ships from the Z store not all but about half and yes I do get the 1000 day reward ship and its T6 counter part but all these ships are just **** compared to the T6 connie and the kelvin dreadnought and further more if these so called 1000 day reward ships are so great including the T6 version of it why isn't way better than any ship in the game why are they so crappy compared to other T6 ships and yes I did beta testing and then some it would be nice and or fair to EVERYONE to get something good out of those lock boxes besides BS junk but no instead its the credit farmers and the exploiters that get these ships over and over again while players like me that try to get one can't get one and the fact that they put them on the exchange at BS prices.

There is one period and no commas. The period is at the end of the sentence.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1219777/very-upset-and-disapointed

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
He claims to be a 'combat vet', too.

quote:

like I can get 400 mill EC you all think its so so easy and as for your last comment I do not write like a 5 yr old I am a combat vet thank you very much if you doubt that then here I went to Ft Benning for basic training did 14 yrs I was a 11B which means 11 Bravo infantry my first duty station Ft Lewis WA second Ft Drum NY the last two Ft Hood TX and Ft Bliss TX and yes I graduated from high school thank you very much. I hate grammar police thinking they are more holier than thou

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
STO has the best worst crazies. :allears:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
If you want to get technical I'm a vet. Even got injured in the service. I fell down some unsecured stairs while eating a candy bar. Was a good candy bar though.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

quote:

look I have been playing since beta I was a beta tester at one point then became a lifer the very fist day that this game went live and trust me I know how to build a ship to the point I am hitting at least 65 to 70k DPS and then some but I know that these ships can't even compare to the lock box ships cause they are way better that the 1000 day ship and it T6 counterpart the 1000 day ship just can't cut it including the T6 version in this new storyline if cryptic/pe would make a decent ship that can be gained for the vets in this game I wouldn't feel like I've been cheated out on cause I put countless hours and days on the test server and in the game just to get shafted is just not right

Says the manchild.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Christ, it's not like the (numerically) best ship is even lockbox.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Morglon posted:

If you want to get technical I'm a vet. Even got injured in the service. I fell down some unsecured stairs while eating a candy bar. Was a good candy bar though.

I fell up a ladder well the other day, putting in for my combat vet status.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Morglon posted:

How many animals have you treated?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Unguided posted:

How many animals have you treated?

That's not a nice thing to call your mom, she's very upset right now.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

hakimashou posted:

This guy has a thread on the sto forum now

There is one period and no commas. The period is at the end of the sentence.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1219777/very-upset-and-disapointed

uh...

uuuhhh...

Besides the 1000 day veteran ship (U.S.S. DALLAS-X8) he's dissing in his post, he also has the Kobali T6 event ship (U.S.S. DALLAS-N), the Breen T6 Carrier (U.S.S. DALLAS-Y), the T6 Scryer (U.S.S. Dawn), the T6 Eclipse (U.S.S. DALLAS-B), the T6 Phantom (U.S.S. DALLAS), the T6 Guardian (U.S.S. DALLAS-J), the T6 Dauntless (U.S.S. Cabrillo) and a T5-U Defiant (U.S.S. DALLAS-Z3). So it's not like doesn't have access to good ships, he's just terrible at utilizing what he has.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
He estimated that he had 50-70% of all the c-store ships.

He was in zone chat again, this time whining that his 500z a month stipend wasn't enough to get a t6 Connie, the best ship in the game for dps, before 2020.

He's been ranting about this poo poo for like 3 days now I wonder if he's legit taking meth.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

fakemirage posted:

uh...

uuuhhh...

Besides the 1000 day veteran ship (U.S.S. DALLAS-X8) he's dissing in his post, he also has the Kobali T6 event ship (U.S.S. DALLAS-N), the Breen T6 Carrier (U.S.S. DALLAS-Y), the T6 Scryer (U.S.S. Dawn), the T6 Eclipse (U.S.S. DALLAS-B), the T6 Phantom (U.S.S. DALLAS), the T6 Guardian (U.S.S. DALLAS-J), the T6 Dauntless (U.S.S. Cabrillo) and a T5-U Defiant (U.S.S. DALLAS-Z3). So it's not like doesn't have access to good ships, he's just terrible at utilizing what he has.

To be fair it sounds like he just bought the Delta Pack and none of those ships would be my first choice if purchasing a good endgame ship. It's possible he's managed to exclusively buy the worst ships in the z store.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Not about to read that insanity, but is he bitching about not getting that gold plated ship or just never cracking an actual lockbox ship?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

SKY COQ posted:

It's possible he's managed to exclusively buy the worst ships in the z store.
No, no he hasn't.

Mondian posted:

Not about to read that insanity, but is he bitching about not getting that gold plated ship or just never cracking an actual lockbox ship?
"I'm only bad at video games because I don't have a lockbox ship."

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Also that Cryptic stole all the lobi he's gotten from the many boxes he has opened.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Poor guy, someone should tell him it doesn't help. AotC has all the lockbox stuff and he's still a bad gamer.

RE: Gold plated ship, are whales still crying about it? Did anyone ever point out that those P1 podcast guys got them, because I doubt they spent a cent for 'em and most of them don't even log in anymore.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mondian posted:

Poor guy, someone should tell him it doesn't help. AotC has all the lockbox stuff and he's still a bad gamer.

RE: Gold plated ship, are whales still crying about it? Did anyone ever point out that those P1 podcast guys got them, because I doubt they spent a cent for 'em and most of them don't even log in anymore.

[Zone #20] Meldor@farranor: dental seems to have a lot of power

[Zone #20] Meldor@farranor: and some people get on the wrong side of that power

[Zone #20] Meldor@farranor: it worries me

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Tunicate posted:

[Zone #20] Meldor@farranor: dental seems to have a lot of power

[Zone #20] Meldor@farranor: and some people get on the wrong side of that power

[Zone #20] Meldor@farranor: it worries me

He's right to be worried.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Are they starting to figure out that we sent the devs a blacklist of players to exclude from the Nagus promo?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Lol at meimeitoo's comment on that thread before Askray closed it: "attacking a man on his build is a low blow."

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mondian posted:

He's upset about never cracking a lockbox ship, despite having spent $2000-$3000 opening boxes. And that people shouldn't tell him to just buy the lockbox ships off the exchange, because the only people selling them are credit farmers who charge hundreds of millions of EC. And it's impossible to get that much EC, despite the fact that selling $2k worth of keys would net billions of EC. Also that the veteran ship isn't as good as a lockbox ship (true) and I think he wants cryptic to make better veteran ships. I'm honestly not sure if he knows the difference between in-game veteran and real life military veteran.

Obviously, the problem is the ships he has, and not the fact that he's mixing beams, DBBs, cannons, and multiple (aft) torpedoes on his ship.

Oh, and people who know how to spell and use punctuation are "more holier than thou"

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10095363-history-of-star-trek-online-%E2%80%93-a-retrospective

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10095273-weekly-before-and-after

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

g0del posted:

He's upset about never cracking a lockbox ship, despite having spent $2000-$3000 opening boxes. And that people shouldn't tell him to just buy the lockbox ships off the exchange, because the only people selling them are credit farmers who charge hundreds of millions of EC. And it's impossible to get that much EC, despite the fact that selling $2k worth of keys would net billions of EC. Also that the veteran ship isn't as good as a lockbox ship (true) and I think he wants cryptic to make better veteran ships. I'm honestly not sure if he knows the difference between in-game veteran and real life military veteran.

Obviously, the problem is the ships he has, and not the fact that he's mixing beams, DBBs, cannons, and multiple (aft) torpedoes on his ship.

Oh, and people who know how to spell and use punctuation are "more holier than thou"

That's $2000-$3000 in one day. God knows how much he's spent over the years, if he, as he claims, has been active in STO for seven years.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

DonDoodles posted:

That's $2000-$3000 in one day. God knows how much he's spent over the years, if he, as he claims, has been active in STO for seven years.
For all the new people who might not understand exactly how insane this is, keys are roughly $1 worth of zen assuming you get the 10 packs while they're on sale. They currently sell for about 6 million ec on the exchange. Crazy vet is complaining that he can't afford the lockbox ships on the exchange because they're 300-400 million ec. He could make that much by selling less than $100 worth of keys. Instead, he (claims to have) spent thousands on keys opening boxes, and got nothing. Also, opening that many boxes would give him thousands of lobi, enough to buy a dozen lobi ships. And the lobi ships sell on the exchange for quite a bit, so either way he should easily be able to afford any ship he wants.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
I thought he said in a roundabout fashion that he wont buy ships as it supports the space 1% who use exploits to control the key market.

here:

bad at maths posted:

well I doubt that I can ever get a T6 connie or the kelvin dreadnought because they are way to priced to high and further more a credit farmer is a player that farms credits then sells the credits to other players trying to get them to use their credit cards to by the credits that they are selling and in order to do that they sell these ships on the exchange and they are using exploits to do that its not hard to figure it out cause no other players win 7 T6 connie/kelvin dreadnoughts in a span of 10 mins and I spent more money on this game trying to get one and I will never get one plain and simple

Jxforema fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 29, 2016

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jxforema posted:

I thought he said in a roundabout fashion that he wont buy ships as it supports the space 1% who use exploits to control the key market.

here:
Well, that's as clear as day! I don't know how I could have missed that well-reasoned response before.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Jxforema posted:

Well
He's not wrong.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jxforema posted:

In other words he can't afford one even though prices are the lowest they've been in ages. Despite his sinking thousands of real life dollars into gamble boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Jxforema posted:

here:
I read that as him not having any EC and wanting an excuse so it's not a fault of his own.

For those considering the 2M dil outfit, don't.

They haven't updated the outfit, so it's both low res and has stretching issues.

• Locked thread