Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Its legendary man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fearow and Pidgeot are the original Angry Birds :colbert:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you use a vaporeon you are trash.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

chemosh6969 posted:

Is Fearow rare or something? I caught one a week ago but that's the only one I've ever seen.

The joke is that some goon was posting "omg i saw a zapdos" but he was actually seeing a fearow

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i haven't actually fought at a gym yet cause they all have 1000-2000+ pokemons in them and my highest is a 271 pinsir :smith:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

pretty sure it was a jolteon though btw

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

2DCAT posted:

With as often as I get onix, why must they be so terrible :negative:

I feel you brother, I have hatched 3 from 10 km eggs and it's just such a waste

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Rastor posted:

For those on Android, the Poke LIVE app is probably the fastest and easiest mapping tool yet.

Thanks for posting this app. It's really good.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Now that the newest version of the desktop map app lets you change locations without logging out, I have been using remote desktop to start the app and drag the ngrok url to chrome, then I can swap over to the tab on my phone's Google chrome and use it easily.

It sounds like a real roundabout way to do it but that thing works really well now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there a different in the Pokemon spawned with Lures and Incense? I seem to find higher ones near lures, but my experience is limited to only the very few free ones I've been given

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The egg distance counting is a joke. I put 2 eggs into incubators at the same time and now one is .4 km ahead. This makes no sense

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Consummate Professional posted:

The egg distance counting is a joke. I put 2 eggs into incubators at the same time and now one is .4 km ahead. This makes no sense

That's weird. Whenever I set up in bulk, I always get them hatching together. Maybe your app is bugged, and it's just not updating?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Don't suppose there is any way to switch teams? Blue's been holding all five gyms within walking distance for four days now, and even if I flip one they'll force me out before I can cash in. :argh:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

clearly that egg is going to be a higher form of life than the other

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Internet Kraken posted:

i have three does that make me triple trash

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

No, only one trash

its like a double negative

trash * 3 = trash

trash * 4 = not trash

get a fourth vape man

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Drythe posted:

clearly that egg is going to be a higher form of life than the other

Hopefully it's a better porygon so I can send my lovely one to jail

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Is there a different in the Pokemon spawned with Lures and Incense? I seem to find higher ones near lures, but my experience is limited to only the very few free ones I've been given

Based off my experience, pokemon attracted with Incense have little purple swirling incense graphics around them. They're basically "instanced" pokemon for your account that others do not see. If you're around the same level as someone else and you both use an incense at the same time, and walk around together, it's pretty common for both accounts to spawn the same "instanced" pokemon with the incense swirly. I believe what spawns is still base on the "pokemon table" for the area. For example, I spawned a Snorlax earlier today with incense in a neighborhood where I've also seen a Snorlax spawn. Note that getting a rare pokemon from incense seems pretty rare, so I got lucky today.

Extra pokemon spawned by Lures are available for everyone. I believe the pokemon spawned are still reliant on a pokemon table for the area. And I don't think they show up on stuff like PokeVision, but I could be wrong.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Don't suppose there is any way to switch teams? Blue's been holding all five gyms within walking distance for four days now, and even if I flip one they'll force me out before I can cash in. :argh:

You can easily find more change on the ground in a day than five gyms will net you.

But you can get loads of exp by beating those gyms.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Avalerion posted:

I think you can submit a request with Niantic support.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Dahbadu posted:

Based off my experience, pokemon attracted with Incense have little purple swirling incense graphics around them. They're basically "instanced" pokemon for your account that others do not see. If you're around the same level as someone else and you both use an incense at the same time, and walk around together, it's pretty common for both accounts to spawn the same "instanced" pokemon with the incense swirly. I believe what spawns is still base on the "pokemon table" for the area. For example, I spawned a Snorlax earlier today with incense in a neighborhood where I've also seen a Snorlax spawn. Note that getting a rare pokemon from incense seems pretty rare, so I got lucky today.

Extra pokemon spawned by Lures are available for everyone. I believe the pokemon spawned are still reliant on a pokemon table for the area. And I don't think they show up on stuff like PokeVision, but I could be wrong.

Pokescanner will show what the lure attracted and how long the pokeman will be there. They last for 2:40 btw

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Has anyone tried to use a lure while riding in a car? does it work, or does it spawn nothing? I have a road trip tomorrow, and I find being a passenger the most boring thing ever.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Drythe posted:

Pokescanner will show what the lure attracted and how long the pokeman will be there. They last for 2:40 btw

Great info. Thanks, man.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Xaerael posted:

Has anyone tried to use a lure while riding in a car? does it work, or does it spawn nothing? I have a road trip tomorrow, and I find being a passenger the most boring thing ever.

Try it, the worst that will happen is you get one every 5 minutes.

However the issue would be the spawn doens't move, so as you drive you will get further away which will cause it to flee if you dont catch it

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Xaerael posted:

As I understand it incense will work when you're not walking but not nearly as fast as when you are and the car needs to be moving pretty slow for it to register as "walking". 10-15mph seems to be the fastest you can go.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Avalerion posted:

You can cash out in the shop immediately

Xaerael posted:

Eh... I have not done it with incense, but on the train during the part where it's express and goes super fast, all the Pokemon seem to bust out of the ball and run away. Maybe because I am too far away from where they spawned? Might not be worth it. I've given up on using the app during that stretch. Don't get any KMs towards my eggs and just throw away Pokeballs

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Republicans posted:

As I understand it incense will work when you're not walking but not nearly as fast as when you are and the car needs to be moving pretty slow for it to register as "walking". 10-15mph seems to be the fastest you can go.

If you live in Chicago, just ride the Purple Line all day then.

I seriously can hatch a 2KM egg on my 12 mile commute to work just by sitting on the train.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Nill posted:

I hadn't actually noticed the paths no longer showing on the farther out zoom levels in Google Maps since the cycling overlay highlights them on all levels.
Hopefully changing the level of detail the game requests can be rolled out quickly. An 'outdoors game' that can't show walking paths is pretty silly. (almost as silly as a Nearby screen that can't tell you how close something is)

Almost as silly as a walking game where sipping coffee in a city centre café for an hour will earn you more pokemon than a 6-hour hike around the local forest park.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Almost as silly as a walking game where sipping coffee in a city centre café for an hour will earn you more pokemon than a 6-hour hike around the local forest park.

If they balance that out, I'd probably delete every other game on my phone. :shrug:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I just found out I've sent my awesome Nidogirl to the glue factory by mistake :(

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I can walk up and down the beach near my house and catch literally hundreds of pokemon in a few hours. :shrug:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Squeegy posted:

I can walk up and down the beach near my house and catch literally hundreds of pokemon in a few hours. :shrug:

May the benevolent Poké Gods forever shine their love upon you.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Having gym troubles?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
So at this point I can beat basically any gym, leveling up takes forever, and catching any Pokemon which isn't an Eevee or a Dratini is basically a waste. Would really like it if they fixed the late game ASAP.

Astro7x posted:

If you live in Chicago, just ride the Purple Line all day then.

I seriously can hatch a 2KM egg on my 12 mile commute to work just by sitting on the train.

Pokemon Go has made me appreciate Chicago's incredibly slow, above ground public transit more than ever before.

(Also someone please tell me where Eevees spawn within city limits...)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

GlitchThief posted:

Having gym troubles?

I feel bad for you, son

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

One thing I don't get is why people take a PTC account over a Google account. ESPECIALLY since PTC is more unstable seemingly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Because they believe the :tinfoil: bullshit about Google.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

One thing I don't get is why people take a PTC account over a Google account. ESPECIALLY since PTC is more unstable seemingly.

Because I had a PTC account already and started playing on day 1 before we all knew that Google would work fine and PTC would be poo poo.

If I could do it over again I would but here I am proper hosed mate.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Mogomra posted:

If they balance that out, I'd probably delete every other game on my phone. :shrug:

:agreed: My city (St Thomas, ON) vs. Toronto, same scale:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That's a legitimate reason. I feel for ya.

• Locked thread