Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

ElGroucho posted:

It was a good movie because it showed how retarded Superman really is

This is the best part about the Snyder's Superman. He is not a smart guy and cannot see the big picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Do you think that we'll get another view of Batman's parents dying in Suicide Squad? How many times will we see it in Justice League?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ashpanash posted:

Do you think that we'll get another view of Batman's parents dying in Suicide Squad? How many times will we see it in Justice League?

Someone will mention Zorro and he'll have another PTSD flashback and start ranting at them. WHY DID YOU SAY THAT TITLE. WHY. WHYYYYY.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

N. Senada posted:

He is not a smart guy and cannot see the big picture.

Does this refer to Snyder's Superman, or to Zack Snyder himself?

Either way the answer is 'yes'

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I hope they re-explain Batman's origin story, I haven't quite grasped it yet

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Just in case you don't know who the Joker is, he has his name tattooed across his stomach. Does it look like I'm joking

Also this is a thing they are actually doing

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

Just in case you don't know who the Joker is, he has his name tattooed across his stomach. Does it look like I'm joking

That first picture is loving hilarious now that we know he's not the main villain of this. I'm wondering if people are going to be pissed.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i watched the animated joker killing joke but joker doesn't die and in fact almost no one is killed. Chargeback time

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

I hope they re-explain Batman's origin story, I haven't quite grasped it yet

opera is the root of all evil

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

imagine 4 jokers on the edge of a film

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh my god.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Flesh Forge posted:

Also this is a thing they are actually doing

The trailer about joker has him holding his hand over his mouth. His hand also has a grin tattoo. I think he's going to be the funniest joker, just not intentionally.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

gently caress the ROW posted:

i watched the animated joker killing joke but joker doesn't die and in fact almost no one is killed. Chargeback time

i thought batman strangled the joker at the end

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ultrabindu posted:

So they're off to fight the demon. Why even have the Joker then?
Movies with B plots can work but why does this lovely film need one?

It's an open marriage?

where are you loving goons getting this info from? :v:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://www.google.com/#q=suicide+squad+movie+synopsis

Intelligence officer Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) decides to assemble a team of dangerous, incarcerated supervillains for a top-secret mission. Figuring it has nothing to lose, the U.S. government supplies weapons to Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney) and other despicable inmates. Dubbed the Suicide Squad, the united criminals must defeat a mysterious and powerful entity while contending with the antics of the diabolical Joker (Jared Leto).

joker is a side plot

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Pitdragon posted:

i thought batman strangled the joker at the end

They both laugh at a joke instead

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like this Joker better

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Holy poo poo guys I think Professor Shark hacked mind the walrus's account.

Love that Joker!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you've gotta be....

kidding me :smuggo:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Code Jockey posted:

at what point did she become daddy's little monster

Comic books, I'm guessing.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

"Hmmm I could go for a visual joke of "I need your suggestion like I need a hole in the head" but instead I'll go for the metaphor that is pointedly not illustrated"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol even Hollywood knows the US Gov't's MO is just to arm shady people who probably shouldn't be armed and hope they solve the problem (spoiler alert they don't).

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I hear he also has a tattoo of a laughing mouth around his B-hole.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

https://www.google.com/#q=suicide+squad+movie+synopsis

Intelligence officer Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) decides to assemble a team of dangerous, incarcerated supervillains for a top-secret mission. Figuring it has nothing to lose, the U.S. government supplies weapons to Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney) and other despicable inmates. Dubbed the Suicide Squad, the united criminals must defeat a mysterious and powerful entity while contending with the antics of the diabolical Joker (Jared Leto).
Oh no, not 'antics' :ohdear:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

mind the walrus posted:

I like this Joker better

*tugs shirt collar*

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Lt. Chips posted:

I hear he also has a tattoo of a laughing mouth around his B-hole.

Why so serio FAAAAARRRT

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone will mention Zorro and he'll have another PTSD flashback and start ranting at them. WHY DID YOU SAY THAT TITLE. WHY. WHYYYYY.

Weren't they watching Excalibur in BvS not Zorro?

I thought it was a fascinating choice. Not only, obviously is it a sweeping epic of gods and men and honor and such, but it's ending fight finishes the same way supermans battle with doomsday does but with the roles reversed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Barudak posted:

From memory, the marquee says that Excalibur is 'coming soon'

Also note that there's a whole bunch more Excalibur references throughout BvS, including Lois being the Lady Of The Lake and bestowing the magical weapon on the hero. (Excalibur the sword has a magical green glow in the movie Excalibur.)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nothing screams "classless" quite like hamfisting old mythology into a superhero movie because "they totally have the same origins bro."

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

From memory, the marquee says that Excalibur is 'coming soon'

Also note that there's a whole bunch more Excalibur references throughout BvS, including Lois being the Lady Of The Lake and bestowing the magical weapon on the hero. (Excalibur the sword has a magical green glow in the movie Excalibur.)

Also, Supes and Doomsday skewering each other at the end does take a little from the death of Arthur and Mordred from Excalibur

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Barudak posted:

I thought it was a fascinating choice. Not only, obviously is it a sweeping epic of gods and men and honor and such, but it's ending fight finishes the same way supermans battle with doomsday does but with the roles reversed.
It's Zack Snyder's favorite film

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

achillesforever6 posted:

It's Zack Snyder's favorite film

This explains so much.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

G-III posted:

Also, Supes and Doomsday skewering each other at the end does take a little from the death of Arthur and Mordred from Excalibur

Oh it's totally a homage to that scene. Mordred is also an abomination that was hellbent on destruction and was borne of Arthur and an enchantress via otherworldly magics (and was a twisted reflection of Arthur), somewhat similar to how Doomsday was borne of Kryptonian DNA mixed with Luthor's blood via otherworldly technology.

Arthur is also the Once And Future King (and the true leader of the Knights of the Round Table, a league dedicated to justice) who will rise again when The Land needs him most.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 29, 2016

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Otisburg posted:

This explains so much.

you best not be dissin excalibur

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Zmej posted:

you best not be dissin excalibur

I like the movie, but it being his very favorite explains a lot since a lot of it is flashy composition and production design, Grim Muddiness, Dour Fightmans, and one of its most memorable scenes is a rape-by-deception that absurdly occurs with the guy just pulling his dillz out of his full plate and mail.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

G-III posted:

Thank you for the context, because without it this looks like a rather awesome early-80s Mick Jagger-David Bowie crossover album cover

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Got around to watching this over the weekend, it was aight.

But how the hell are they blaming Superman for the poo poo that happened in Africa? Because he was there around the time Lex's dude's wasted those people?

I mean, aside from all the other inconsistent stuff this bothers me the most.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

gently caress the ROW posted:

They both laugh at a joke instead

but then batman grabs joker by the lapel while they are laughing and the camera pans down so you can only see their feet and suddenly the joker stops laughing while batman just keeps on laughing. i took it as implying that batman was strangling the joker to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Pitdragon posted:

but then batman grabs joker by the lapel while they are laughing and the camera pans down so you can only see their feet and suddenly the joker stops laughing while batman just keeps on laughing. i took it as implying that batman was strangling the joker to death

I think Alan Moore explicitly said that was his intent with the book, but then it became canon.

• Locked thread