Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I can't wait to see how badly they fuckup Black Bolt.

I don't even watch AoS and I think I'd be madder over this hypothetical scenario than any dumbass stuff Barry Allen does on Flash this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Things that will happen in aos:

Black bolt talks

ummmm

Lockjaws a cat

Ummm

It doesnt have karnak

To be serious for a sec, if there's no inhumans movie you guysd think they'd change ms. marvel's origin if they wound up doing a movie for that?

site fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 28, 2016

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

How do we get a similar deal in place for AoS?

I mean seriously, how do we get rid of AoS?
You can just ignore it, you know.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Rhyno posted:

As the previous poster said, you can just ignore it. It's not like there's any meaningful connections to the MCU anyways, since the films avoid AoS like the plague.

I'm in the camp where the show is just "okay", but it doesn't bother me that much. It's biggest offense is that it's pretty mediocre overall, and this past season they treated the Inhumans like cheap knock-off mutants.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure this show will be axed after this next season is over, unless it's ratings improve drastically

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Inhumans are cheap knock off mutants.

SonicRulez posted:

I can see Laurel on LoT being big. I can see how Captain Cold can be a challenging yet still grounded Arrow villain. What the hell can Merlyn add to The Flash? Like how do they engineer a story where Barry doesn't beat him up and send him packing to Star City in under 15 seconds?

Because when has Barry ever managed to not embarrass himself in a fight?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Things that will happen in aos:

Lockjaws a cat

This would rule, actually.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ToastyPotato posted:

Sadness. I guess that also means its game over if SHIELD ever gets cancelled.

Speaking of AOS, apparently Whedon threw out there that the main Inhumans are now fair game for the show, which I guess confirms that the movie is dead.

I'm pretty skeptical of that, because it's not a direct quote from Whedon and the only source reporting it is io9; at least one other outlet at that roundtable has reported it quite differently.

http://collider.com/comic-con-2016-agents-of-shield-panel-recap/

quote:

Now that Marvel has bumped the Inhumans movie from its current slate, there could be a bigger opening for the show to explore that roster of character. Both Bell and Loeb said it’s going to be easier to explain the origins of characters’ new powers, while Tancharoen and Whedon feel they now have more freedom to expand into that world. While they did not comment on whether they would be able to tap into any of the classic or more popular Inhuman characters, expect to see further integration of Inhumans into this new season.

That said, if it's true, the Inhumans movie is definitely 100% dead.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rhyno posted:

Man what did AoS ever do to you other than waste your time?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

You can just ignore it, you know.

NEV-AH.

achillesforever6 posted:

Man what did AoS ever do to you other than waste your time?

IT KEELED MY FAH-THA

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I like AoS. Although part of that is that my mother is into it so whenever I visit we watch it together. I feel like it rotates between not good at all to pretty good over and over.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Xinder posted:

I like AoS. Although part of that is that my mother is into it so whenever I visit we watch it together. I feel like it rotates between not good at all to pretty good over and over.

Agreed. The best writing, roles, and performances are all from temporary and guest characters. Except for sort of Ward.

Mr. Hyde, Bill Paxton, Ward, the Asgardian who has been lost on earth forever, Lucy Lawless, Powers Boothe, Edwards James Olmos, and Daniel Whitehall were all fantastic performances / characters.

The main cast is 25% great, 50% okay, and 25% forgettable. The guest characters are 90% great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The main cast is 25% great, 50% okay, and 25% forgettable. The guest characters are 90% great.

I will agree with this. I got super hyped when EJO joined the show and them they killed him off in the lamest way.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
As a die hard Twin Peaks fan, I adored seeing Kyle MacLachlan show up in this. I had such a crush on his character in Twin Peaks. I know I'm blinded by nostalgia, but I was loving every minute he was on screen in AoS.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I sorta hate the Fitz/Simmons drama but the episode with the flashbacks to Simmons' time trapped on the Kree planet or whatever was a brilliant episode.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Superman in costume for Supergirl.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/look-supergirl-introduces-superman-in-first-family-photo

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
He looks like Phil from :lost:

That's a lovely Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like how the cape leads into the S, much like Supergirls' 80's costume.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is his head photoshopped or is it just too big for his body?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

X-O posted:

I think photoshop because there was also a new interview released where he said he hadn't seen the costume yet nor has he shot a scene.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They gave him the traditional S which is slightly different from hers. And I know they're doing their best but compared to Cavill he looks like SuperBOY.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

They gave him the traditional S which is slightly different from hers. And I know they're doing their best but compared to Cavill he looks like SuperBOY.

Just wait until his first appearance. The internet will be happy to point out how much better he is than Cavill at being Superman at that point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thank you Twitter for quickly nailing exactly what was bugging my about Superman in that picture.

Never gonna be able to unsee that now.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
He's weirdly pale and emo-looking, which kind of spoils the Superman look. Put that Teen Wolf stare back where it came from so help me!

Costume looks good though. It's very silver agey, which fits with this show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Thank you Twitter for quickly nailing exactly what was bugging my about Superman in that picture.

Never gonna be able to unsee that now.

lol good catch

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

He's weirdly pale and emo-looking, which kind of spoils the Superman look. Put that Teen Wolf stare back where it came from so help me!

Costume looks good though. It's very silver agey, which fits with this show.

Silver Agey? It looks like the New 52 suit.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It doesn't to me. The neck is uncovered, the actual exposed collar (that slut) is very broad and comics-like. Cavill's Superman goes with the MoS motif of organic, curving shapes, but here we've got a full ridged belt and squared boots that makes Hoechlin look more like a pulp space explorer of some sort. The yellow on the S is fairly bright even in this washed-out filter they went with for some reason. There's obviously modern influences, but it's reminding more of (classic) Star Trek than of Superman's more recent looks. Even Hoechlin's build is more like the Reeveses.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like the costume. The CGI makes it look bad. I'll need to see him in motion.

MacheteZombie posted:

Just wait until his first appearance. The internet will be happy to point out how much better he is than Cavill at being Superman at that point.

Can you at least let him have an episode before you start whining about how nobody likes the DCCU?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/ConnorFilm/status/758765116435202048

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The only problem I have with the costume is the lower have just seems off. The belt is so blocky and red and without the underpants there's just a lot of empty space there. I do prefer the texturing over the Justice League version.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Can you at least let him have an episode before you start whining about how nobody likes the DCCU?

:rolleyes:

I'm sure he'll be perfectly fine for a cw show.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

Very obvious photoshop, I don't know why TV/Movie people keep doing this.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Pretty sure that's Bizarro.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Beeeeezarro!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Very obvious photoshop, I don't know why TV/Movie people keep doing this.

What's worse is that the show starts filming this week, and they couldn't wait to do a fitting before putting out that picture.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Cross-post from Cinema Discussion -

io9 posted:

The Television Critics Association summer press tour is ongoing at the moment, and Marvel is there to promote the incoming Netflix Luke Cage series. Naturally, the topic of whether or not characters like Luke, Jessica Jones, or Matt Murdock could ever show up in the movies. The answer given to /Film by Marvel TV president Jeph Loeb is a similar refrain at this point: The logistics make it practically impossible:

"I can tell you that part of the challenge of doing this sort of thing is that the movies are planned out years in advance of what it is that we are doing. Television moves at an incredible speed. The other part of the problem is that when you stop and think about it, if I’m shooting a television series and that’s going to go on over a six-month or eight-month period, how am I going to get Mike [Colter] to be able to go be in a movie? I need Mike to be in a television show."

Loeb continued with a glimmer of hope by saying anything is possible in terms of crossovers, but it’s what he said next that’s rather interesting:

"As I often get reported by you folks for saying #ItsAllConnected, our feeling is that the connection isn’t just whether or not somebody is walking into a movie or walking out of a television show. It’s connected in the way that the shows come from the same place, that they are real, that they are grounded."

...they’re connected stylistically and universe-wise, not character-wise.

Source: http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-has-a-new-different-explanation-for-how-its-tv-1784526484

What a cop out. Why bother having the universes be connected if there aren't any meaningful connections in the first place? The film division seems to want nothing to do with the Netflix and ABC series. Agents of Shield is about as mediocre as a show could get, but what about the Netflix series? Those have been legitimately good (so far).

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Cross-post from Cinema Discussion -

Source: http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-has-a-new-different-explanation-for-how-its-tv-1784526484

What a cop out. Why bother having the universes be connected if there aren't any meaningful connections in the first place? The film division seems to want nothing to do with the Netflix and ABC series. Agents of Shield is about as mediocre as a show could get, but what about the Netflix series? Those have been legitimately good (so far).

lmao Marvel is too hapless to put tv characters into a thirty second movie cameo.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Television moves at an incredible speed! It also takes 6-8 months! Our hands are tied!

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

redbackground posted:

Television moves at an incredible speed! It also takes 6-8 months! Our hands are tied!

It sounds like a bullshit excuse to me lol while Marvel is like :derp:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I don't really see how you could cross over the Netflix characters into the movies without making it seem really forced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

JT Smiley posted:

I don't really see how you could cross over the Netflix characters into the movies without making it seem really forced.

Well yah at this point because they've been so forcibly written to be clearly separate. Infinity would be the only potential thing.

Anyway that interview is pretty much just the confirmation that the TV and movies simply aren't actually connected. Without a major behind the scenes change, that is just the way it is going to be, and until then, we are going to keep getting weird excuses in interviews because it is bad for business and investors to admit that office drama is the big problem.