Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

LingcodKilla posted:

I probably got a ton but they are in my office closet...

Hixson posted:

I probably have some. You can dig through my bits when you're in town next

Thanks dudes. Hixson I'll rummage through your stuff next time I go south. LingcodKilla- I'd ask you to open your office closet, but I'm scared of the skeletons inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Any Chicago goons know of a place where someone who has never played at all can go to try this game out? Google doesn't seem to have any answers for me.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

SteelMentor posted:

What's generally the tournament rules on base-sizes? You're allowed up to one size above the size they come with (and within reason) right?

Uh. It depends. Generally, it's whatever the base the model is supplied with or have been supplied with in the past. Just don't be a douche about it and cram your termies onto 25mm.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've thought about putting my orks onto 32mm bases, because god drat they overhang and getting B2B with something is a pain. Not to mention they're pretty tipsy.

What's stopping me is that I'd have to buy a gorrillion 32mm bases and rebase everthing.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

BULBASAUR posted:

Thanks dudes. Hixson I'll rummage through your stuff next time I go south. LingcodKilla- I'd ask you to open your office closet, but I'm scared of the skeletons inside.
Moola lives in LCK's closet? :ohdear:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So, I really like the Realm of battle sets, however I hate that they are hollow. Does anyone have an idea of how I could fill them, and what with? Preferably a cheap and somewhat easy solution. I was thinking maybe some kind of expanding foam but Im not sure how I would keep the bottom flat, and ensure that it gets in every cavity.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

LumberingTroll posted:

So, I really like the Realm of battle sets, however I hate that they are hollow. Does anyone have an idea of how I could fill them, and what with? Preferably a cheap and somewhat easy solution. I was thinking maybe some kind of expanding foam but Im not sure how I would keep the bottom flat, and ensure that it gets in every cavity.

Low expansion spray foam followed by a trim with a very sharp and long knife.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Some friends and I are talking about doing some 'Inquisimunda' which is Necromunda adapted to merge with 28mm Inquisitor. It looks really funky.

Whoa, Inquisimunda looks cool as poo poo. Seriously, just do a google image search for the term. Look at all those cool conversions and fluffy minis! These kinda warbands are so much more evocative of the 40k fiction for me. Totally going to try and get someone to play this with me - I've got some old rear end wood elves and cultists kicking about that would be perfect.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Floppychop posted:

I've thought about putting my orks onto 32mm bases, because god drat they overhang and getting B2B with something is a pain. Not to mention they're pretty tipsy.

What's stopping me is that I'd have to buy a gorrillion 32mm bases and rebase everthing.

I'd leave Orks on 25mms and put Nobs on 32s. When GW gets around to updating Orks they'll probably be on 32s, but there's so many of them that extra 7mm is going to add up fast.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd leave Orks on 25mms and put Nobs on 32s. When GW gets around to updating Orks they'll probably be on 32s, but there's so many of them that extra 7mm is going to add up fast.

Yeah, that's what I do with mine. Orks take up enough space as is, both on the tabletop and in my KR cases.

field balm posted:

Whoa, Inquisimunda looks cool as poo poo. Seriously, just do a google image search for the term. Look at all those cool conversions and fluffy minis! These kinda warbands are so much more evocative of the 40k fiction for me. Totally going to try and get someone to play this with me - I've got some old rear end wood elves and cultists kicking about that would be perfect.

Every time I read a Black Library novel and it goes on about an Inquisitor and their warband, it makes me want to start one of my own. So many opportunities to make freaks and weirdos.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I have to give Eldar credit for something, it's lovely painting in these bright, cheerful colours:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Ooh, that guy's looking sharp so far! What do you have in mind for basing?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ilor posted:

Moola lives in LCK's closet? :ohdear:

My office closet is about the size of a London bedroom so possibly.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I'd ask you to open your office closet, but I'm scared of the skeletons inside.

This is a bit ironic given your bedroom closet.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

panascope posted:

Hixson and Bulbasaur have a very interesting marriage.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

SRM posted:

Ooh, that guy's looking sharp so far! What do you have in mind for basing?

Thanks! Probably just the same Astrogranite I base everything else in. I like my bases to be as unassuming as possible.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

:siren:BULBASAUR confirmed to love Age of Sigmar:siren:

For shame, man, for shame. I am so disappointed.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Its packed with Hixson's Tau army. Starting bid $0.99, no reserve

Endman
May 18, 2010

All done (aside from the base)! I love this colour scheme. I think I'm definitely going to to Alaitoc for my Eldar army.

e: Whoops, looks like I forgot the soul gem on his breastplate. So apart from the base and that thing, he's done.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I know a few people expressed interest, but it kind of tapered off. Was there any last interest in that Sisters of Battle army before I auction it at Gencon?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

BULBASAUR posted:

Yo goons. I'm looking for a bunch of Chimera handles. These little guys:

It's getting harder and harder to score GW bits so I thought I'd ask here. If you have some spare ones floating around hit me up. I wanna use them on my tanks.

How many do you need? I probably have a bunch.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Deviant posted:

I know a few people expressed interest, but it kind of tapered off. Was there any last interest in that Sisters of Battle army before I auction it at Gencon?

Gencon? Yikes. Be prepared to get much less than was offered here.

E: Before you ask.

Gencon, a room that holds 100+ people and only a small percentage of those are Wargamers/40K players for the live auction. The silent auction is a drudge and people typically only buy bargains or "white Whale" items. I'm not certain SoB is "white whale" territory.

eBay, thousands of users. Many with key word alerts to let them know when a relevant auction pops up.

Just my two cents.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 29, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Gencon? Yikes. Be prepared to get much less than was offered here.

E: Before you ask.

Gencon, a room that holds 100+ people and only a small percentage of those are Wargamers/40K players for the live auction. The silent auction is a drudge and people typically only buy bargains or "white Whale" items. I'm not certain SoB is "white whale" territory.

eBay, thousands of users. Many with key word alerts to let them know when a relevant auction pops up.

Just my two cents.

Fair. I was def on the fence about it.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Well after almost a year, Tigurius has returned to my army.

Pics aren't to great but I did this away from home so I don't have access to my workbench.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Looks like the "War in the Webway" campaign rumors might be true after all - the 40k Facebook page just put up a teaser image with a quote from Eldrad that seems to indicate that it's true.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

Looks like the "War in the Webway" campaign rumors might be true after all - the 40k Facebook page just put up a teaser image with a quote from Eldrad that seems to indicate that it's true.
Getting the obligatory shitpost out of the way:

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
So I quite like the Chosen in the Dark Vengeance box, but outside of characters almost no other chaos marines appeal to me. Is there another source of them? The thing I like about chaos is the individuality and through the looking glass kind of poo poo, which I guess is tough to pull off on rank and file (though the cultists are also great). Basically, are there any goo chaos models outside of Dark Vengeance?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PantsOptional posted:

Yeah I just noticed that. It may not be the war in the webway, but it definitely seems possible. I'm down for it.

MCPeePants posted:

So I quite like the Chosen in the Dark Vengeance box, but outside of characters almost no other chaos marines appeal to me. Is there another source of them? The thing I like about chaos is the individuality and through the looking glass kind of poo poo, which I guess is tough to pull off on rank and file (though the cultists are also great). Basically, are there any goo chaos models outside of Dark Vengeance?

I think Chaos marines look cool but I like classic metal and doom style satanic imagery.
And I think noise marines and plague marines and thousand sons look super cool, but you gotta buy resin add-on kits which is kinda lame.

What do you mean by source exactly? You could try looking at older chaos models if you don't like the current ones.

The chosen marines do look amazing, which is unfortunate since they're not particularly great units overall.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

mmj posted:

Accidentally posted this in the rpg thread last time, so I hope I got the right thread now.

I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of old tyranid/40k stuff since I realized I don't play the game anymore, but it feels like a waste to throw away all the accumulated random bits and stuff that I gathered while I still played. Does anyone that still plays/models want a bunch of old tyranid bits and a few half assembled/painted models? I can get pictures of all the stuff, but it's mainly the unused parts of a few MC kits, some genestealer stuff and I think a bunch of termagant weapons or something. There are also some hormagaunts, most of a carnifex and some warriors that I tried to make into shrikes and that look horrible. Any or all of it is free to whoever would actually use it, I just don't want to waste something I paid that much for originally.

So.....

And even on top of the surprise complete hive tyrant, (who needs some work, admittedly), the complete hormagaunts and termagaunts, warriors, chaos marines, and the MASS of bits, this guy:
!!!!!
Soooooo stoked.
They're on their way to a tub of simple green, but what a mass of stuff! Onward, bugs! Onward!!!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hell yeah the Eversor is great!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

He just looks so happy to be here

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I did the same thing to my Eversor's gun, but I can't bring myself to repair it with an actual syringe needle despite how perfect that would look.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

moths posted:

I did the same thing to my Eversor's gun, but I can't bring myself to repair it with an actual syringe needle despite how perfect that would look.

My dad had a friend who ran convention games and was tired of people picking up his Napoleonic figures by the guns instead of by the base, so he replaced all their bayonets with pins. He got his wish.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
A friend drilled out all of the hands in his Warmaster Elf Spearmen and replaced the fragile spears with needles. I know if I did that, I would have models literally painted with blood.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I couldn't tell you how many times I've stabbed myself on the sharp metal spears of my historical miniatures.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I almost lost an eye when testing TLOS too close to a Cities of Death building with one of those super pointy spires on it. A friend also stabbed me with a 2nd ed Gretchin's spiky helmet and it drew blood.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I've actually drilled hands on 10mm Greek ancients because lead spears look like silly straws after being handled a few times.

But goddamn be careful with TLoS. I just turn my phone's camera on and use it upside down like a digital periscope.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Tyranado happened! Writeup and more pictures later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I just noticed that. It may not be the war in the webway, but it definitely seems possible. I'm down for it.

I think Chaos marines look cool but I like classic metal and doom style satanic imagery.
And I think noise marines and plague marines and thousand sons look super cool, but you gotta buy resin add-on kits which is kinda lame.

What do you mean by source exactly? You could try looking at older chaos models if you don't like the current ones.

The chosen marines do look amazing, which is unfortunate since they're not particularly great units overall.

How are they in HoR Kill Team? That's really all the 40k I can imagine stomaching.

• Locked thread