Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Haas:
Rossi
You mean Indy 500 Winner Rossi. How many other so-called Formula 1 drivers have won the Indy 500? That's right, none.

quote:

Sauber team China
Ming Qiáng
Qiáng Ming
Legit laughed out loud at this. This is some good racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

"Nico, there are three paddles on the right side behind the steering wheel, you should know this by now "

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

button/perez at williams would be full on good poo poo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

MattD1zzl3 posted:

"Nico, there are three paddles on the right side behind the steering wheel, you should know this by now "

How many paddles does Lewis have?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

How many paddles does Lewis have?

They have the same steering wheel, Nico's just has more Post-Its

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

The curbs at Austria were actually a good solution since you rightfully destroyed your car going over it. This phony policing they were trying where you get a penalty for exceeding is stupid though.

Destroying the suspension for exceeding track limits is a trick that only works once though. I guarantee you all of the teams are looking at the harmonics and vibrations produced by those curbs and will design future suspensions to withstand it. You can't engineer your way around a time deletion.

The real problem is with the consistency with which the rule is applied.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 28, 2016

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
What is happening here?! Wet standing starts are coming back and it could happen at the next race. They also agreed that you can't change tires during red flags (thank god).

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-agrees-on-wet-standing-starts-803112/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

WOO everyone's happy!

I feel like we are being pranked. With this and the post above.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

We just need Nando on the podium and I'll be fully erect.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Silly season predictions:

Haas:
Big John
Rossi

Rossi will never drive F1 again. I will :toxx: myself for this.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

We just need Nando on the podium and I'll be fully erect.

Do you really even need him to specifically be on podium to be erect?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

Do you really even need him to specifically be on podium to be erect?

Both preferably

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

gently caress yeah, radio ban gone. It was dumb anyways.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Lou Takki posted:

gently caress yeah, radio ban gone. It was dumb anyways.

:agreed:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So I speak bad german and Italian, because it's a thing that I do. I like to have the youtube English subtitles up because they are on occasion really chuffing funny. Anyone want to take a wild guess as to what "his children or the offender" really translates to.

Answer Niki Lauder

e: who will now be known as "kinder oder der" in our house because the German subtitles got it wrong as well

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 28, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

George Zimmer posted:

Rossi will never drive F1 again. I will :toxx: myself for this.

You shut your whore mouth. i'm :toxx: -ing back that rossi will drive in f1 again. He'll return and ride a Haas chariot over those european fucks with "BUDWEISER" plastered on his side-pod. (i imagine haas will be dripping in sponsors next year especially with an american driver, they didnt seek out lovely ones this year because "They had nothing to offer").

Haas über alles, Rossi über alles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opzzn9sl1kU&t=15s
(watch him gently caress jim clarks wife)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 28, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Put Kyle Bush in a hass.

Naw that wouldn't work. He couldn't go shovel up wins in GP2 like he does in Xfinity.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So, entirely related to the above post Toto has been on German TV slagging off Marchionne. He's saying "although Ferrari is a very unique structure with an enormous amount of pressure being put on in Italy, with high expectations following on from the jump in performance from 2014 to 2015... to do everything right , the thing is you can not, can not dictate acceleration, you need the time factor, and a team which is set up correctly. They (ferrari) judged 2016 badly but are still to be taken seriously just like red bull"

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 28, 2016

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I want to see Scott Speed in F1. Based on nothing but name alone.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

MustardFacial posted:

I want to see Scott Speed in F1. Based on nothing but name alone.

28 races, 0 points

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But he did ok in real racing didn't he? I mean formula e

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Will Buxton / NBC's 25 min race preview thing is online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2SvBgGWbAI

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

andyf posted:

Will Buxton / NBC's 25 min race preview thing is online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2SvBgGWbAI

Huh, That was pretty decent.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Is it fair on all teams to lift the ban? What if some teams spent more time simplifting processes and settings on the car/steering wheel or made a clearer HUD for their drivers.

The rule went to far in recent races but I feel like this only started to become a big issue when it effected Lewis in Baku and the British media started crying.

Can we ban the Merc power unit next? That would be good for the show too.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It simply boils down to this. Hearing drivers on the radio is awesome. Only problem was that we got to hear just how much driver coaching was going on for simple poo poo they should know and the FIA over reacted. It's Bernie 101 "I want [2] the other person wants [1] so I'm going to make it [3] so they come crawling back for a compromise and we end up at [2].

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

AgentJotun posted:

Is it fair on all teams to lift the ban? What if some teams spent more time simplifting processes and settings on the car/steering wheel or made a clearer HUD for their drivers.

definitely no one did this

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You mean Indy 500 Winner Rossi. How many other so-called Formula 1 drivers have won the Indy 500? That's right, none.

*cough cough*

Won it before joining F1 & won it after leaving F1!

Actually, would that make Montoya the only F1 driver to win the Indy 500 before and after racing in F1?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Mario Andretti, to date, he remains the only driver ever to win theIndianapolis 500 (1969), Daytona 500 (1967) and the Formula One World Championship (1978), and, along with Juan Pablo Montoya, the only driver to have won a race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Formula One, and an Indianapolis 500.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 29, 2016

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

You shut your whore mouth. i'm :toxx: -ing back that rossi will drive in f1 again. He'll return and ride a Haas chariot over those european fucks with "BUDWEISER" plastered on his side-pod. (i imagine haas will be dripping in sponsors next year especially with an american driver, they didnt seek out lovely ones this year because "They had nothing to offer").

Haas über alles, Rossi über alles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opzzn9sl1kU&t=15s
(watch him gently caress jim clarks wife)

As an American Poster in The Worst Thread, this has me almost as erect as the thought of Prettiest Driver Fernando Alonso on the podium taking home the 2017 WDC

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Kilonum posted:

Mario Andretti, to date, he remains the only driver ever to win theIndianapolis 500 (1969), Daytona 500 (1967) and the Formula One World Championship (1978), and, along with Juan Pablo Montoya, the only driver to have won a race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Formula One, and an Indianapolis 500.

These are all fraud interpretations of the Motorsports Triple crown: You need to win the Monaco GP, Indy 500, 24 hours of lemans.

And only Graham "Phil" "Damon" Hill could pull it off. Rossi is well on his way before his f1 career has really started, or his 25th birthday.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh but they are all no John Surtees.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Oh god did he actually win an Indy 500? I feel so dirty just knowing that

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Oh god did he actually win an Indy 500? I feel so dirty just knowing that

1995 and then he left to F1.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Jim Clark was never married but everyone should watch this video because he's actually driving that car hard. Sliding all over the place under braking and power and in high speed corners. I don't think I've seen a modern day driver push like that in one of those cars, they just parade around and maybe stab the throttle on the straights for the microphones.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mods please make this my avatar.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Saw this on reddit, comparison of 2016 and 2017:

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 29, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Please can we end any and all dick and clit noses please and thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Seb just tried very hard not to hint that Allison was forced out.

Nico "it's very interesting to see how Lewis has suddenly become so interested in safety" *sky cuts to Lewis still salty about the yellow flag thing.

Max just called kimi a Sunday driver. GUT does not like the way Lewis holds himself, and is concerned that there are children watching his jolly poor form.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 29, 2016

• Locked thread