Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm the wonky angled lightning connector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

in any of your alls fantasies have you considered that people will just leave the dongle attached to the headphones making it basically still one cord, or do you all just imagine that every time somebody finishes listening to music they unplug the dongle, then unplug the headphone from the dongle and then put them in two separate places?

oh yes, even better, add some extra weight and a big chunk of plastic to the end of the headphone cable. now it's a triple-ended bolo. no way will this be at all inconvenient to untangle

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

Pwned by Logic.

we call that modus pwnens

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Sagebrush posted:

oh yes, even better, add some extra weight and a big chunk of plastic to the end of the headphone cable. now it's a triple-ended bolo. no way will this be at all inconvenient to untangle

yeah all that added weight sure will be unbearable

*gets knocked over by stiff breeze*

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
this extra three inches of cable has ruined all my lifehack methods of wrapping my headphone cable

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I like how they made the screen glass softer in the newest models. It's cool how the surfaces of my 3gs/4s/5s screens are crystal-like with few localized flaws under reflected light despite being kept in pockets with keys and dropped numerous times and without cases, while my 6s has thousands of tiny pits and scratches distributed all over the screen, despite being less than 6 months old (replacement because of first one having screen issues) and never having been dropped and I'm much more careful about putting it in my pocket with other things and having an Apple case because the phone is too thin to hold comfortably.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

YOGA W/ JULZ

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

C.H.O.M.E posted:

the dongle is going to be an extra thing that you have to keep track of, it's bad

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

I like how they made the screen glass softer in the newest models. It's cool how the surfaces of my 3gs/4s/5s screens are crystal-like with few localized flaws under reflected light despite being kept in pockets with keys and dropped numerous times and without cases, while my 6s has thousands of tiny pits and scratches distributed all over the screen, despite being less than 6 months old (replacement because of first one having screen issues) and never having been dropped and I'm much more careful about putting it in my pocket with other things and having an Apple case because the phone is too thin to hold comfortably.

get an se

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would honestly pay good money these days for a phone thats like two inches thick but has a honking rear end battery.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's u

ur the rear end battery

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

I would honestly pay good money these days for a phone thats like two inches thick but has a honking rear end battery.

just get a stupid battery case

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

excellent analysis when you completely ignore that bluetooth audio is a thing that exists and works, most cars for the last 5 years have a usb input that supports iphones, and you're going to get a dongle to support 3.5mm when on the go

bluetooth audio is objectively less convenient and functional than a loving audio jack

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

"bluetooth" in most people's minds is a synonym for "annoying piece of poo poo that doesn't work

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

mishaq posted:

get an se

It's too small.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

considering people accept and pay for the shitass audio quality of satellite radio bluetooth streaming is more than acceptable for the vast majority of users and wireless is preferable. and again, dongle it. your use case is covered.

lmfao

"Dongle it. Your use case is covered"

-the retarded product defender

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
theres a dongle for that.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Shaggar posted:

theres a dongle for that.

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

It's too small.

it wasnt too small when you had a 5s

i did 6->se, you get used to it after a week

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I'm laughing because my actual nice headphones have a detachable cord so whenever the iPhone 7 drops I'll just get the updated cord from Sennheiser and then I'm back on top

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

mishaq posted:

it wasnt too small when you had a 5s

i did 6->se, you get used to it after a week

The way we use our phones has changed.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

C.H.O.M.E posted:

look at how dumb this thing is

I'm sure there are more than one kick starters waiting to launch for an iPhone case with embedded adapter.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Apple 2016: Dongle it. Your use case is covered.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Linguica posted:

Apple 2016: Dongle it. Your use case is covered.

Smythe please

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MrMoo posted:

I'm sure there are more than one kick starters waiting to launch for an iPhone case with embedded adapter.
unless they have it sticking out the side, the chin would be comically long

i realize that wouldn't stop kickstarterers, though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Amethyst posted:

"bluetooth" in most people's minds is a synonym for "annoying piece of poo poo that doesn't work

this is what it means in bluetooth developers' minds, too

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

this extra three inches ... has ruined all

if i had a penny for everytime somebody said this to me

poty fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 29, 2016

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Amethyst posted:

Smythe please

You prefer this over current ? Just asking, no implication.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
bunch of dvd lovers itt

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I'm laughing because my actual nice headphones have a detachable cord so whenever the iPhone 7 drops I'll just get the updated cord from Sennheiser and then I'm back on top

You can't listen to them while charging. Getting rid of 3.5 is so so so dumb.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
itt people freak the gently caress out over having a tiny little adapter

yall are shameful and hosed up

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

You don't need the lightning plug to charge the phone anyway, they're going to introduce the revolutionary new shake-to-charge system to solve the problem of only one port

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Ham radio enthusiast has no problem with using elaborate hardware stack for simple task which was easily solved decades ago, wow shocking

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
trash mad his $20 koss headphones wont plug into his work phone

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"hey i think you're cute and we should gently caress but i want you to wear a condom"

maniacdevnull: "ugh loving elaborate hardware stacks"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
maniacdevnull: look morning sickness was solved 40 years ago this is a fuckin waste of time

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

gently caressing the dac/lightning controller lump, thinking all the while of the glory of jony~~

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Why aren't any of these AIDS people capable of providing a single reason as to why bluetooth or extra adaptors improve the product? Bluetooth pairing is dodgy at best and always will be. Not even Apple can make bluetooth work reliably across their own products in ideal conditions without interference today with their latest products. Airdropping a pic from your brand new iPhone to your band new Macbook often requires toggling BT on/off on both devices several times today on July 29. Meanwhile a solution already exists that will always be nearly perfectly reliable.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Endless Mike posted:

unless they have it sticking out the side, the chin would be comically long

why the long case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
looking forward to apple revolutionising the Bluetooth audio market

• Locked thread