Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:agreed:

I look forward to having both kogmaw and corki back in the meta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Well we are getting close to Worlds

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Powercrazy posted:

Seems like riots proposed changes will lead to bottom lane being over emphasized. Maybe even making it worthwhile to 4 man bot until first blood, then taking turret as a follow up putting that team like 1200 gold ahead at 5min.
How's that any different than what was happening with the double TP meta. It only moves the TP plays from across both ends of the map specific to bottom-side

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Kashuno posted:

If 2v2s matter Kogmaw will never come back

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the ideal league pro meta will remove all coward junglers from the game and all honorable combatants will arrive bottom to 3v3 lane

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Powercrazy posted:

Seems like riots proposed changes will lead to bottom lane being over emphasized. Maybe even making it worthwhile to 4 man bot until first blood, then taking turret as a follow up putting that team like 1200 gold ahead at 5min.

I don't think this is very likely because Riot has made turret dives a lot riskier and if a team tries this and fails or even just takes too long they're going to completely lose the top lane matchup just on the level advantage alone.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Radical posted:

the ideal league pro meta will remove all coward junglers from the game and all honorable combatants will arrive bottom to 3v3 lane

Agreed, friend.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't watched a pro game in probably a couple months, but I'm thinking about watching immortals vs tsm. I'm not sure what time zone the site lists the matches when it says 6pm. How much later do the games start then their listed time?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Safety Scissors posted:

I haven't watched a pro game in probably a couple months, but I'm thinking about watching immortals vs tsm. I'm not sure what time zone the site lists the matches when it says 6pm. How much later do the games start then their listed time?

it matches your computer clock.

So, uh, whatever that is.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think it's kind of crazy how low economy some of the supports are playing in pro meta right now. I think the Ruby Sightstone build which has taken over has huge deficiencies in gold generation compared to one of the 3 gold-income/sightstone hybrid items. Ruby's big bonus of -20% item activation cooldown is not really relevant if you never finish more than one additional item with an active.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

exethan posted:

first blood turret gold could bring corki back to the meta btw, cull + first blood turret gold is an insane swing

Triforce-Gunblade Corki made an appearance in LCK recently.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
MVP straight styling on Jin Air

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011
In the Chris Badawi AMA on reddit, he claims Hotshot was willing to trade Doublelift for 50k.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Allaniis posted:

In the Chris Badawi AMA on reddit, he claims Hotshot was willing to trade Doublelift for 50k.

he also said freeze was getting paid 11k / month, good lad

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Sounds like hot shots pretty smart then because they ended up trading double lift for zero dollars and the services of Stiiixxxxaaaaaayyy

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

Lovechop posted:

he also said freeze was getting paid 11k / month, good lad

12k for freeze and 1.5 million in yearly expenses.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm always shocked at how much paper that Freeze has made playing League since he's never actually been top flight at any point in his career. He occasionally styles as Draven then sort of disappears for three weeks at a time.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

Sounds like hot shots pretty smart then because they ended up trading double lift for zero dollars and the services of Stiiixxxxaaaaaayyy

hotshotnidaleegg kick my accountant in the rear end

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Libertine posted:

I'm always shocked at how much paper that Freeze has made playing League since he's never actually been top flight at any point in his career. He occasionally styles as Draven then sort of disappears for three weeks at a time.

that dude built a career out of people saying hes underrated and i respect and admire him for it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Freeze became so much of an itk underrated player that he wrapped straight around to being overrated which is really pretty impressive.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
CLG also refused to let teams buy out their best two counter strike player and the first one walked for free to the best NA team, and their second player might be forced to sit out until his contract expires as well

real bad organization

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Botlane stream for the TSM vs IMT match.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp_4hgYyBiM

"please scarra, let me review rock cat gaming, and he said no. so there you go"

"pobelter has been looking great, maybe 2nd best in the region. Well, he's at least top 10"

stump collector fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 29, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

exethan posted:

"pobelter has been looking great, maybe 2nd best in the region. Well, he's at least top 10"

just gonna throw out there that I agree with qt 100% re: giant patches before worlds.

but

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

god i love every second of this

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The very moment that Qtpie resolves himself to GO IN ON kiwi, but then holds back and decides to drag GBM instead, god bless

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

god i love every second of this

same here

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
hoo boy

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

exethan posted:

man i've been waiting too long to hear qt weigh in on the mash + gate vs lod / hakuho matchup this is great

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I haven't had a chance to watch it all yet but he seems pretty on pointpr the 20 or so min I have listened to so far

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kashuno posted:

I haven't had a chance to watch it all yet but he seems pretty on pointpr the 20 or so min I have listened to so far
Reddit wrote a TL;DR on it. Basically Monte wanted to get his lawyer involved and had all sorts of legal documents and was never given any proof and Riot ducked around his lawyers all the time and wasn't interested in his legal documents. He brought up the TDK/RNG trading was in good faith between two friendly teams much like TSM/CLG/Cloud9/Liquid are, with trading around players and making them legally binding afterwards and further went on to say the trading wouldn't have been any different than if Cloud9 or Liquid had to fight their challenger teams in which case Riot probably wouldn't have done anything there either.

He basically proves the point that if this had happened between any of the big 4 organizations nothing would have happened and there's a very real possibility that someone at Riot just didn't like Monte and/or Badawi. He brought up the drama with Remellia which only lasted a day, in which Badawi apologized that day and Remellia's payments were always on time. In all likeliness Remellia went to Riot right afterwards about the drama, and then didn't end up telling Riot it was resolved. After that confrontation she ended up staying in the house an additional 2 weeks while looking for somewhere else to stay.

When Regi got pissed off at Chaox all the way back when, he kicked him out that day and had the whole thing filmed, too (Although Regi did end up paying temporarily for a hotel room)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

quote:

We are proud to announce today that Forg1ven247 will play as a starter for the upcoming matches this weekend. Freeze's injury prevents him from playing and the team did not think he should risk worsening his injury. We all want the best for Freeze and also want to thank him for his performance during the split. We hope to see him back on stage in short time.

:ironicat:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Ssumday is a god. He's going to make Riot nerf tank Ekko again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Firebert posted:

Ssumday is a god. He's going to make Riot nerf tank Ekko again.

Please. Get Ekko out of the drat game he's the most boring to watch in a boring lane.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ekko is fun to play in low elo because you can do all sorts of flashy things but still be tanky and have CC. But watching him in competitive where nobody does anything flashy and all he does is throw his Q at people is so boring

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Jesus christ Riot is complete asinine:

Really Riot? It's that shocking that someone wants to have their lawyer involved in discussion related to player contracts? What is this, little league? You're running a loving pro sports league for god's sake.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
If they want to have their lawyer present that obviously means they're guilty :riot:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

probably the more tenured teams never have lawyers present and do everything very casually (because they're so popular riot will basically never punish them) or are so poorly run that they probably haven't had legal representation for years (CLG has been punished a few times for instance, does anyone think hotshot would even consider consulting a lawyer?) and it immediately made them seem suspicious because riot NA operates in such a weird space where they don't experience these things otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexpansion posted:

Jesus christ Riot is complete asinine:

Really Riot? It's that shocking that someone wants to have their lawyer involved in discussion related to player contracts? What is this, little league? You're running a loving pro sports league for god's sake.

Actually yeah, it's kind of weird. Contracts aren't some sort of legal wizardry you need a lawyer to be exposed to.

• Locked thread