Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there such thing as a ranger support build?

Anaamari needs to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Try a bow-based MF culler and Conduit-er? Something like Frenzy + GMP + Chain + PCoC + IIR + Cull / Crit Strikes. Aim for a cull-corrupted Quill Rain and have the links in your chest.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you're doing MF bow why wouldn't you use windripper?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Vasudus posted:

If you're doing MF bow why wouldn't you use windripper?

Yah, seems like by far the BIS for any MF bow user.

Cool as gently caress trapper build from reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frTMroJa5XY

(it's pretty much identical to lightning trap with 100% pierce chance though, just with larger projectiles and no pierce investment)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Count Uvula posted:

Yah, seems like by far the BIS for any MF bow user.

Cool as gently caress trapper build from reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frTMroJa5XY

(it's pretty much identical to lightning trap with 100% pierce chance though, just with larger projectiles and no pierce investment)

that lifepool made my eye twitch (reminded me of the Chin Sol trapper), but nice build anyway

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Attn Bugsy / hc prophecy crew. Not really feeling this league and haven't logged in for a week probably. Dumped a few things in Maps tab of HC Prophecy gstash. Nothing great, don't get your hopes up.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
It's a total glass cannon with 95% life and there's no instant life flask. At least it has some defence layering with acrobatics, a few thousand evasion and blasphemied enfeeble. So it's mostly not going to die to random white and blue mobs that can't one-shot, but even there without an instant flask a couple of hits getting past all the avoidance in short succession will kill it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Does anyone have a brief list of really high-trading-value mods to look for when trying to determine what to sell? What I mean is, are there any particular mods that you see and think, "whoa, that mod is valuable, I really need to take a closer look at this item and see if the other mods stack up." I'm learning that I don't know a goddamn thing about trading values outside of looking up prices for uniques.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
No such list really exists. A particular high tier roll stat can drag an item's value up if it works together with the other stats on the item and those other stats have better than garbage tier rolls. Multiple high tier rolls that work together are what can make a yellow item very valuable.

For an example, let's consider gloves that have 89 life (maximum possible) as prefix and 7 life regen, 6 mana gain on kill, and 32% reduced attribute requirements as suffixes (also all maximum possible rolls). The life roll is "whoa"-worthy, but the item is vendor trash.
Now if the suffixes are instead 6% fire, cold and lightning resist (worst tier, minroll). Still vendor trash.
Increase the resist rolls to 11% (worst tier, but maxroll) and you might be able to sell those gloves for an alch.
Let's say the base item is Titan Gauntlets. Now you mastercraft increased armour% and you'll have gloves that sell for a couple of chaos.
Alternatively, start with a bit worse base of Goliath Gauntlets and have 90% increased armour, 0.2% life leech, and 50 life for prefixes and 30% fire resist, 30% cold resist, and 20% chaos resist for suffixes. None of those stats alone would make you "whoa" and yet I'd rate such gloves at 30-40c.

Ornedan fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 27, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Does anyone have a brief list of really high-trading-value mods to look for when trying to determine what to sell? What I mean is, are there any particular mods that you see and think, "whoa, that mod is valuable, I really need to take a closer look at this item and see if the other mods stack up." I'm learning that I don't know a goddamn thing about trading values outside of looking up prices for uniques.

go to exilemods.com or a similar mods list and memorize the top 2 tier values of useful mods

if you have more than one on the same item you can expect some serious C or even EX with the right combination

also: the older the league, the less valuable stuff becomes (unless it's OP league specific uniques like voidheart or reach of the council)

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
New question: Does the "monster skills chain 2 additional times" map mod cause all monster skills to hit three times or something? The mod sounds so innocuous given how few chaining skills there are, but every time I run one I get absolutely wrecked.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

New question: Does the "monster skills chain 2 additional times" map mod cause all monster skills to hit three times or something? The mod sounds so innocuous given how few chaining skills there are, but every time I run one I get absolutely wrecked.

Are you using totems/golems/etc? If a projectile has no other possible target it can chain back to something it already hit (e.g. player -> player's golem -> player). If you're the only target, it will only hit once.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Chaining is an attribute most projectile skills can have. The base chain count is just usually 0 and thus not listed. Also note that multiple projectiles and chain interact in a way that bypasses shotgun prevetion. The initial projectiles can't shotgun, yes, but every bounced projectile is new and of separate origin as far as shotgunning goes and is allowed to hit the same target. For extra fun, unlike the player support gems, map mod multiprojectile and chain come without a damage penalty.

Ornedan fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 29, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
imo there should be more mods like this, just making monsters hit harder or more ele damage or more life is just so... vanilla

make monsters chain, gmp, maybe add new attacks

imagine you get a mod "Monsters Groundslam" and it's devourers or "Monsters Ice Shot" with titty bitches

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
monsters leap slam

monsters whirling blade

monsters are invisible

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Monsters cast Vaal Righteous Fire

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
monsters have Dy'Ness level regen.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Monsters have 20% chance to cast Detonate Dead on death.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Budgie posted:

Monsters have 20% chance to cast Detonate Dead on death.

No. NO. NO

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Monsters deal triple damage, monsters are three times as slow

Monsters penetrate x% of a random elemental resistance

Monsters do additional chaos damage

You have greatly reduced light radius

Take additional damage based on your reserved mana

Monster attacks burn mana

Skills and abilities cost x% more

You can only have 50% reserved life or mana

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Monsters penetrate x% of a random elemental resistance

That would either be just a lesser -max, or completely unplayable on HC.

Vasudus posted:

You have greatly reduced light radius

And this sort of exists allready in Whakawairua Tuahu

TheRat fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 29, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Monsters inflict random curses on hit

Monsters reflect elemental status effects

Monsters reflect stuns

Monsters are supported by Spell/Ranged Attack Totem

Area has patches of Consecrated Ground

Items/Gems have x% increased stat requirements

Area is inhabited by 4 additional Dominus

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So is today's lab really a 6 key? I might even log in.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Hauki posted:

So is today's lab really a 6 key? I might even log in.

Yes, it is. Essences/Conduits (aka rippy as gently caress unless you're packing some beastly EHP or max resists)

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Area is inhabited by Kole

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Voxx posted:

Area is inhabited by double-Tormented Koles

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Monsters inflict fps drain

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man I've wasted about 800 Fusings trying to 6L this Coil. I bet I'm gonna be one of the unlucky taking more than 1500 to do so. Gonna end up being not worth it but my sunk cost!

On the positive side, at least I've found a whole 5 Exalts so far since I started playing ~40 days ago.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I'm tryna level Mathil's CI Occultist Phys/Chaos/Light Wander build but I'm getting a little stuck around level 40. I'm not sure how to itemize and level for this, since the KB synergies don't kick in until I can get Crown of Eyes at level 70, but just facebreaker+shieldcharge is real scary since I don't have any real damage mitigation either.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

My rule of thumb (I'm only a month into this game) is that high life+dual/tri res is a good baseline for any armor items, especially with high base rolls (armor, evasion, energy shield). On top of that you'll want to look for item-specific rolls: +movespeed on boots, +damage or something on gloves.

The items that really sell for a shitload of cash money are high rolls for attributes for specific builds. For example, poisonquake builds are real popular right now, and they get a lot of mileage out of "+x physical damage to attacks" rolls.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Yes, it is. Essences/Conduits (aka rippy as gently caress unless you're packing some beastly EHP or max resists)

Did 6 6-key runs before I got burnt out. Got around 40 19-20% gems between them all but not much else. I think it's kinda telling that I couldn't even get excited about that and ended up going to play something else instead.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Hauki posted:

Did 6 6-key runs before I got burnt out. Got around 40 19-20% gems between them all but not much else. I think it's kinda telling that I couldn't even get excited about that and ended up going to play something else instead.

Welcome fellow league burnout.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Argus is kinda lovely to meet for the first time on a hardcore melee character :froggonk:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Argus is kinda lovely to meet for the first time on a hardcore melee character :froggonk:

Carry a stibnite flask.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think the issue with this league is that the mechanics are too easy to completely circumvent, basically turning the game into standard league with an optional gimmick. I mean yeah it doesn't have to be in your face like say, Beyond or Invasion, but still.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Hauki posted:

Carry a stibnite flask.

I did actually survive; despite my Marauder having 75% or so physical damage reduction he spent most of the fight running around in circles shrieking like a little girl spamming Enduring Cry to try and keep his life up between hit-and-runs with Vigilant Strike. Good times.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I think the issue with this league is that the mechanics are too easy to completely circumvent, basically turning the game into standard league with an optional gimmick. I mean yeah it doesn't have to be in your face like say, Beyond or Invasion, but still.

Invasion is still the best league they've ever made.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Prophecies just feel tedious and boring once you've gotten over their newness. You can get a few nice uniques out of the rare ones, but they're just... ugh.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I like them. I get easily distracted so an evolving set of mini-quests is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm not saying every prophecy you get has to be From the Void or Monstrous Treasure, but drat there are a lot of very lovely prophecies (No game, I don't want to go back to The Twilight Strand to pick up my 6th loving Moonbender's Wing).

I'm hoping when they integrate this into the main game they cut out a bunch of them and, to compensate, make coins rarer. They should have a good idea as to which one's players hated the most (sealed and never traded/traded for almost nothing).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 30, 2016

• Locked thread