Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Looks like we're getting a free weekend:

quote:

This Weekend, PC and Xbox One players can play Rainbow Six Siege for free.

Have you been waiting for a chance to breach with your friends? Get the game for free and play all weekend, from July 28th – August 1st! After you have had a taste of the action and suspense, head to the store and you’ll get 50% off the Gold and Standard Editions – through Sunday only.

(also mumble overlay is also broken so mumble group doesn't have an advantage over the poor discord group)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Had some good time pubing it up just now. In a game we won the first round and had 2 people leave on the other team. Those 3 remaining went 3-1 to win the game. They went down to 1vs5 in the last round and that person killed 4 and won on time.

Wooper fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 27, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

polka posted:

My voice does not sound like that in my head. Holy poo poo.

Samll derail, having a eardrum pierced and being about 1/4 deaf after a failed operation i know a thing or two about hearing. :science:

Everything you hear are pressurized waves of sound travelling in the air. Those ''waves'' goes through your ear canals and hit your ear drums which create vibrations
translated to your brain by the auditory nerves.

However, when you talk, the ''sounds'' are basically vibrations created by your vocal cords passing through your neck & skull. In short it takes a different more boney path hence why it's perceived differently.

TLDR: Sorry you sound like that.

Pfox posted:

Hard, what sort of privacy guarantees do we have given the apparent level of intrusiveness of BattlEye and the potential for its misuse? (acknowledging the fact that they've been in business for 12 years and there doesn't yet appear to be some sort of breach).

I guess you need to take their words for it ?

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-260134-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

quote:

What is BattlEye scanning for and should I be concerned about privacy?
Everything that BattlEye does is aimed at blocking and detecting hacks. That’s the only thing it is looking for. When Rainbow Six Siege is running, BattlEye is able to scan all memory (RAM) and all game- and system-related files on disk. However, this does not mean that BattlEye is looking through your personal files, personal details, or other such information. Furthermore, it doesn’t store any of your personal data on its servers. It is solely searching for cheats. Also, BattlEye is only running when Rainbow Six Siege is running.
If you do have any concerns, you may contact BattlEye support directly.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Well that didnt last long. Chilling out on the roof of consulate because 2 of our teammates went afk and the third got kicked for teamkilling them as a joke, shoot pulse when he window peeks and decide to just chill out on the roof because the enemy team are pricks and gently caress letting them have fun. Im laying prone near one of the skylights when suddenly a C4 comes flying up and lands on me. Killcam was the guy staring directly at my position. Claims pulse pinged me. Pulse was already dead, other teammates were Jager, Recruit, and Rook with the fourth disconnected. :jerkbag:

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007

Great Beer posted:

Well that didnt last long. Chilling out on the roof of consulate because 2 of our teammates went afk and the third got kicked for teamkilling them as a joke, shoot pulse when he window peeks and decide to just chill out on the roof because the enemy team are pricks and gently caress letting them have fun. Im laying prone near one of the skylights when suddenly a C4 comes flying up and lands on me. Killcam was the guy staring directly at my position. Claims pulse pinged me. Pulse was already dead, other teammates were Jager, Recruit, and Rook with the fourth disconnected. :jerkbag:

Yeah of course hacks work already but I just hope BattlEye flags cheaters and that there's going to be some kind of huge banwave or something

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Highly doubt you will find many at the moment if you don't have a private, or one shared in a small circle.

Time to play ranked again.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Serenity just released a nice little video about murderholes & good angles on Oregon and ClubHouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDOPHwxYZ0

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

It sucks losing now that I can't just blame it on hackers every time

We said fix your game Hard but we didn't know it would feel so bad to get 100% outplayed

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Duggler posted:

We said fix your game Hard but we didn't know it would feel so bad to get 100% outplayed

Unfix your game Hard!!!

Also yeah, good patch. :)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 28, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thanks for the fix Hard :waycool:

My job is winding down too so I can throw myself back into Siege hardcore

e: First Dead by Daylight has its infinite juking problem completely solved, then Siege has its hacking problem completely solved. What is this scary new trend of developers actually listening to their players and addressing their biggest complaints?

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 28, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
It's a Montreal thing.

I'm not worried that you guys will focus your attention on something else to bitch about improve to your standards pretty soon. That's why i still have a job :love:

e: Operators teaser just came out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ

Hard fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 28, 2016

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth
So is there like a discord server people are using now?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
This would be really cool functionality to have for ascending maps (specifically, moving upwards through hatches)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe7pLFYyn28&t=535s

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Speaking of, I've been kinda hopeful for a super vertical style map, like maybe a Tokyo skyscraper for the Japan DLC or something. The distinctness of plane rather than it being a bunch of rooms in a building shape is why it's my favourite map in the game, it'd be nice to have more strange ones like that.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Oh, turns out this weekend is Free to Play for both PC & XB1.

July 28th to August 1st

Game is also 50% off at the Ubistore.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm%3A152-259773-16&ct=tcm%3A148-76770-32

e: Turns out it's also double renown for that period.

Just in time for Season3!

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 28, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

Tokyo skyscraper for the Japan DLC

This is what I'm hoping for, the night time skybox would be amazing. Also the attacker should get a tactical katana.

As for the condition of the game, Thermite is still fragless and Pulse is still buffed. Fix your game, Hard.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I've been holding off on buying this game since launch because of all the issues and.... mainly because i'm unemployed right now but i'm still not paying for it at 50% off.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Wallrod posted:

I've been holding off on buying this game since launch because of all the issues and.... mainly because i'm unemployed right now but i'm still not paying for it at 50% off.

ok

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jehde posted:

This is what I'm hoping for, the night time skybox would be amazing. Also the attacker should get a tactical katana.

As for the condition of the game, Thermite is still fragless and Pulse is still buffed. Fix your game, Hard.

Also Valkyrie still has C4 but that'll be fixed after Season 3.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Wallrod posted:

Low effort

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Frags are fine where they are on Buck instead of Thermite.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Wallrod posted:

You didn't buy it back when the starter edition was a thing at 15$ ?

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

Hard posted:

You didn't buy it back when the starter edition was a thing at 15$ ?

I love my starter edition. Only have Tachanka left to unlock and I ended up getting the season pass during the summer sale.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
It felt kind of mean to have to put in extra grind compared to how much time i'd likely put into the game. I guess i'm foolish taking a lot of the unironic complaints in this thread at face value though! Maybe fun times with friends over the weekend will sway me.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

i'm not gonna buy this game

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
ok

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I just finished putting together my first gaming PC, and I really want to buy this (especially at 50% off) but I can't justify it because I own it on PS4, and the grind to unlock everything again seems too tedious.

Is there a way to import my account + progress from my PS4 to my PC? Probably not, but it can't hurt to ask

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I don't feel bad about my starter edition at all. Buying stuff on sale actually dumbs down choice for me which is fine and spending more time with each operator is probably a good thing.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

StoneyAssassin posted:

I love my starter edition. Only have Tachanka left to unlock and I ended up getting the season pass during the summer sale.

boooo should have unlocked Melonman first

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Hard please add a "Clever Girl" charm for the SPAS-12 tia

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hey Hard, I know it's not really a priority but could you guys please up the visibility on the Bartlet University map? The piss fog makes it so you can't actually see anything 90% of the time. It'd be fine if it clustered at floor level exclusively but instead you get swirls in front of you making it literally impossible to see further han 2-3 metres. :(

Also, how come the map hasn't been made into a MP map yet? All the assets are there. :confused:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

They don't know how to remove the piss fog.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.
This game is surprisingly good. It's like CounterStrike with 20 years of legacy dropped combined with some of the better parts of CoD/BF. Did I just play for 6 hours wtf.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

Is there a way to import my account + progress from my PS4 to my PC? Probably not, but it can't hurt to ask

There isn't but the default guys unlock quick enough anyway, the season pass isn't on sale but the "gold" edition which includes it is, given how much more the post-release operators cost and how many of them there are now(about to be 6) it's actually a pretty reasonable purchase.

Take advantage of the free weekend and wait until nearer the end to decide whether or not you want to pull the trigger on buying the game again.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Zipperelli. posted:

Nope that's not possible. On the bright side welcome to the master race.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey Hard, I know it's not really a priority but could you guys please up the visibility on the Bartlet University map? The piss fog makes it so you can't actually see anything 90% of the time. It'd be fine if it clustered at floor level exclusively but instead you get swirls in front of you making it literally impossible to see further han 2-3 metres. :(

Not being able to see poo poo is the intention. I personally love the atmosphere.

Foehammer posted:

Hard please add a "Clever Girl" charm for the SPAS-12 tia

Noted, but i don't think shes a raptor underneath.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I would like the atmosphere okay if I could queue up for it with a squad of friends rather than only being able to play with random pubbies who are as likely to shoot me as they are the terrorists.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

Not being able to see poo poo is the intention. I personally love the atmosphere.

It makes the map artificially much harder than any other T Hunt map you could possibly get match-made in, and it comes up a lot if you're trying to find online T Hunt matches (to, for example, fulfil the weekly challenges).

The atmosphere is great, but the piss fog needs to be made less obstructive so that you can actually see enemies before they start shooting at you.

e; also seriously why the hell do recruits still only have one wall reinforcement.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 29, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Counterpoint: Bartlett can only be played on Normal difficulty as it is.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lemon-Lime posted:

e; also seriously why the hell do recruits still only have one wall reinforcement.

Parasites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

Noted, but i don't think shes a raptor underneath.

You'd think so, but the replay says differently. Look at the legs.

• Locked thread