Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think he meant "does it end well, yes or no" not specifics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It end decently enough. No shockers, but cute.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone tell me if the ending is any good so I can decide whether to finish it or not.

It's super boring and does a horrible job tying in the Last Game theme. So standard shoujo manga ending really.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Horimiya 67

Has this little sister character been introduced before? I can't remember her at all, but everyone acted like they knew her already.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
She was introduced about 30 chapters ago. Then forgotten about.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

You might've forgotten because she isn't actually his little sister. She is his neighbor, there was a thing where she had a huge crush on Hori and then Miyamura found out her older brother died and she was lonely and poo poo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I couldn't remember who she was until like halfway through the chapter. Horimiya really needs a character bio page, the combination of just enough sameface plus characters who drop out and come back many chapters later make it too easy to lose track of who some of these side characters are.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
In the new Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To, it's not love, it's primal fear.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that sure was a tomo chan extra

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DO IT YOU GOOFBALL IN DENIAL

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I just watched and read all of Snow White with the Red hair. I avoided it because Hulu keeps recommending me kinda trashy otome game animes, and I thought it was one.

Instead it was super cute!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh, did that get an anime? The manga is cute but later devolves into nonsensical political shenanigans, made worse by poor translation. Maybe the anime will handle that better.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mors Rattus posted:

Oh, did that get an anime? The manga is cute but later devolves into nonsensical political shenanigans, made worse by poor translation. Maybe the anime will handle that better.

It's good and it has 2 seasons! I watched it first and only recently started in on the manga so I don't have any comparison opinions but really liked the anime.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Mors Rattus posted:

The anime for that is seriously one of the prettiest animes.

I share your opinion on the manga.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

arisu posted:

The anime for that is seriously one of the prettiest animes.

I share your opinion on the manga.

The translations made me lose track of what the hell was even going on past a certain point, with the politics. Maybe it'd have been interesting if I knew why anyone was doing anything, but I kind of...didn't.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Kawaii Hito got another update.

Newsflash: it's still extremely adorable :kimchi:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The extra chapter came out today so the first volume of Hanakoi Tsurane is completely translated. Gotta wait for the second volume now though...

I like Sougorou's character a lot; he's kind of the prickly tsundere type on the surface but his insecurity and reliance on praise are revealed right away and you see early on that he's sensitive and fairly thoughtful. I like that he reflects on his assumptions and is able to genuinely change his impressions vs going down the route where he's just a contrary blockhead to create drama, which means this first volume is mostly spent building their relationship as friends and co-workers instead of on pointless rivalry.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
In today's Tomo-chan: Tomo-chan! Don't mind!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tomo-chan-wa-Onnanoko/Ch-372--Demon-x002?id=307255

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Kuzumi-kun - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kusumi-kun-Kuuki-Yometemasu-ka/Vol-001-Ch-004--I-want-to-hear-your-voice-right-now?id=307263

In which Erika covertly sniffs Kuzumi-kun.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 2, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just get together, you can still keep the manga going, it worked in Ojojojojo!!!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like this, because it kind of scratches that Tonari no Seki-kun itch but also looks like it will actually go somewhere eventually.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Those boys are about to be traumatized.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Schubalts posted:

Those boys are about to be traumatized.

Think Tomo has them a bit beat right now.

Yuri Cooking: Octopus Edition

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Suggestions for someone who needs reading material and is a sad sack that got dumped? :toot:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In today's Tomo-ch-

:stare:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Shining finger smash, huh.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
And another chapter to end volume 1!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

DaveWoo posted:

In today's Tomo-ch-

Will the student body be able to survive the year

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

DaveWoo posted:

In today's Tomo-ch-

This is like a panel from Berserk

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Berserk moves faster

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
That's a good joke.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Sakurazuka posted:

Berserk moves faster

This is...true

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

The extra chapter came out today so the first volume of Hanakoi Tsurane is completely translated. Gotta wait for the second volume now though...

I like Sougorou's character a lot; he's kind of the prickly tsundere type on the surface but his insecurity and reliance on praise are revealed right away and you see early on that he's sensitive and fairly thoughtful. I like that he reflects on his assumptions and is able to genuinely change his impressions vs going down the route where he's just a contrary blockhead to create drama, which means this first volume is mostly spent building their relationship as friends and co-workers instead of on pointless rivalry.

Cute series and I'm glad it'll continue into another vol :kimchi:

Caitlin posted:

Suggestions for someone who needs reading material and is a sad sack that got dumped? :toot:

Do you have any preferences or previously read works?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Alder posted:

Do you have any preferences or previously read works?

Thanks for responding. :unsmith:

I've read Sailor Moon a zillion times and back again, but lately I've been reading stuff that's all over the map. As for the thread-topic-related stuff, it's Kuzumi-kun, Princess Jellyfish, Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!, Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To, Toshishita no Otokonoko, I read Oniisama e..., ummm... and Wakako-zake. Oh, and I read all of Erica Sakurazawa's English stuff.

Non-topical has been Suicide Island, Kamisama no Iutoori, Boku no Hero Academia, Hi-Score Girl, Prison School and Shokugeki no Soma. Also finished Franken Fran and re-read Detroit Metal City.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I see Princess Jellyfish in that list but not Kakukaku Shikajika!?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Rodyle posted:

I see Princess Jellyfish in that list but not Kakukaku Shikajika!?

Hadn't heard it before but just added it to my follow list because anything that gets tacked on Princess Jellyfish is a-ok in my book :kimchi:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's an autobiographical work by Jellyfish's author.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Caitlin posted:

Thanks for responding. :unsmith:

I've read Sailor Moon a zillion times and back again, but lately I've been reading stuff that's all over the map. As for the thread-topic-related stuff, it's Kuzumi-kun, Princess Jellyfish, Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!, Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To, Toshishita no Otokonoko, I read Oniisama e..., ummm... and Wakako-zake. Oh, and I read all of Erica Sakurazawa's English stuff.

Non-topical has been Suicide Island, Kamisama no Iutoori, Boku no Hero Academia, Hi-Score Girl, Prison School and Shokugeki no Soma. Also finished Franken Fran and re-read Detroit Metal City.

Wait, why isn't Bonnouji on that list?

Go read bonnouji

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kakukaku Shikajika is so loving good, like definitely one of the best manga I've ever read regardless of genre. Personally I could never get into Princess Jellyfish but Kakukaku was tremendous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Mors Rattus posted:

Wait, why isn't Bonnouji on that list?

Go read bonnouji

okey dokey, I added it to my list too. I work second shift and have a lot of quiet time to read here, so I've been devouring titles pretty quickly. :sax:

Nate RFB posted:

Kakukaku Shikajika is so loving good, like definitely one of the best manga I've ever read regardless of genre. Personally I could never get into Princess Jellyfish but Kakukaku was tremendous.

Motto posted:

It's an autobiographical work by Jellyfish's author.

I'm into the idea! This is why I came to the thread. All the anime and manga I know is old stuff - which is great and all, but I have no idea what's even moderately recent to read (see me binging on stuff like Oniisama e... and Sailor Moon like I do). Thank you!