Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

DisDisDis posted:

You're telling me these men are gay?

I'm in.

It's a weird mix of a seinen with BL elements, and a somewhat bizarre approach to narration and showing the sequence of events. The main duo have issues and sometimes have no idea how to explain their relationship to other people, but they know they're at their most comfortable with each other

So yeah, p. gay, I like the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Ugh just kiss already, feels like I've been reading this for years now

I'm sure they'll kiss any day now

At least these chapters are advancing their relationship rather than being unrelated comedy!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I picked up the 2nd and 3rd volumes of Honey So Sweet and re-read the first since I hadn't read the actual printed version. Have now read vol. 1 about 4 times since I re-read the scans a bunch, still adorable and Onise is too good and pure for this world :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Cute story. I wish they had longer stories vs one-shots.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Davincie posted:

The Yurihime readership is around 70% women

Huh, that's interesting. I didn't know that yuri stuff was actually largely consumed by women.

One other thing to clarify my earlier post a bit - I actually don't mind, in and of itself, the fact that BL stuff caters to the fantasies of straight women. I just think the genre in general is very similar in intent to stuff like shounen harem romcoms. It has a clear purpose, and even if it's not something I'm interested in personally, I have no problem with people enjoying this stuff (as long as it doesn't include creepy stuff like underage characters).

While I don't think it was targeted at an LGBT audience, Bokura no Hentai is an example of something I found interesting to read, because it dealt with a bunch of issues aside from just romance/sexual tension (in particular the existence of an actual trans character, which is super rare in manga). I even enjoyed the romance parts, largely because they were devoid of a lot of the (often problematic) tropes you tend to see in shoujo and BL manga.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:biotruths: Girls like cute, boys do not, yuri stuff is usually cute as poo poo :biotruths:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ignores the existence of the millions of moe sol seinen series

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Ytlaya posted:

Huh, that's interesting. I didn't know that yuri stuff was actually largely consumed by women.

I don't know if it necessarily is actually the majority (although as noted, Comic Yurihime definitely caters mostly to women and it's one of the big yuri magazines as well as the oldest active one IIRC), but yeah, it's definitely significant.
Yuri is a way weirder genre than BL is in terms of its history and audience, and it is largely categorized on online marketplaces/stores and widely perceived (even in Japan) as being made for guys or at least general audiences, but it's a lot more complicated than it seems on the surface and lesbians have definitely been writing and reading it from the beginning.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I finally read the new Ohana Holoholo and it's working toward relationship drama, which I'm glad of

...wanna kiss Nico-kun

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

Cute story. I wish they had longer stories vs one-shots.

I've read so much short format stuff now I have a hard time sticking with longer manga sometimes. It sucks to read a really good one-shot and know there's nothing else to it though. I do like running across something that's 2 or 3 volumes or at least has sequels or spinoffs though, it's nice when they have that extra time to develop the characters more.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

I've read so much short format stuff now I have a hard time sticking with longer manga sometimes. It sucks to read a really good one-shot and know there's nothing else to it though. I do like running across something that's 2 or 3 volumes or at least has sequels or spinoffs though, it's nice when they have that extra time to develop the characters more.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Makes sense yaoi would roll over and fall asleep after one shot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

Makes sense yaoi would roll over and fall asleep after one shot.
goldmine this post

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yes, I end up clicking on more by the same author link and then walk away once I realize it's only a few incomplete chapters. It's even sadder when I realize this is the only one-shot scanlated under MU :eng99:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

I finally read the new Ohana Holoholo and it's working toward relationship drama, which I'm glad of

...wanna kiss Nico-kun

Oh it is? I should catch up, I didn't really think it was gonna head in that direction to be honest.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Oh hey, new Tomo-

...chan?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
gogogogogogo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi/Ch-105?id=304677

:butt:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Dammit this latest Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To made me laugh out loud at work.

weiner

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

How NSFW

Also QT does not plan well

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Mirage posted:

Dammit this latest Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To made me laugh out loud at work.

weiner

lmao

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link to new chapter of Kaguya, for your convenience - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kaguya-sama-wa-Kokurasetai-Tensai-tachi-no-Renai-Zunousen/Vol-003-Ch-027--Kaguya-Wants-to-Endure?id=304682

EDIT: And an omake chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kaguya-sama-wa-Kokurasetai-Tensai-tachi-no-Renai-Zunousen/Vol-003-Ch-027-005--Extra-Chapter?id=304683

EDIT2: Both these chapters are incredibly lewd. :stare:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 23, 2016

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Is Pes a famous dog name in Japan? I've seen it a few times.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm glad the art's improved in Kaguya because before they had balloon heads which was most prominent on Kaguya herself.

these are incredibly lewd chapters

eating instant ramen so shamelessly how dare they

Compendium fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 23, 2016

rvm
May 6, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

Is Pes a famous dog name in Japan? I've seen it a few times.

It sounds like "male dog" in Russian.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Colette, it's good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's Yona!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
fyi Harada fans, Henai Fumouhen is translated (it's the role-playing couple again :3: )

I hope she keeps writing about those two, when they drop the act they're so funny and cute together.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

fyi Harada fans, Henai Fumouhen is translated (it's the role-playing couple again :3: )

I hope she keeps writing about those two, when they drop the act they're so funny and cute together.

Cheers, I hoped they'd get a series soon.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
so far I think it's just three one-shots but this latest one is pretty new (published this year maybe?) so there's always hope for more!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

New chapter of Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It's good...

...but she needs to kiss Kaede ASAP.

Moe is very cute.

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
I just peeked at the raws for the latest chapter of Magus Bride and I really shouldn't have because now I really can't wait for the translation :(

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Their Story updated again: http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/post/148087571515/update-from-tan-jiu-translated-by-yaoi-blcd-if

Its good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:kimchi:

just kiss god drat it

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
This is really good. Slice of life is always great.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

jwang posted:

This is really good. Slice of life is always great.

It sure is, but it's a pity that the guys that aren't Zoglin are poo poo translators.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Looks like Last Game is over.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone tell me if the ending is any good so I can decide whether to finish it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone tell me if the ending is any good so I can decide whether to finish it or not.
standard time skip to wedding stuff. You probably already know exactly what happens. IMO pretty weak, I'd have preferred to see more of them dating.