Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

The new zone has a circle ley line that you can glide around forever and it is the best thing and I will not hear otherwise. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

It's like you found my schedule and decided to avoid me at all costs :D

Dangit what's your schedule? I figured Euro TZ stuff would fit you :cheeky:

I'll figure out something that fits both you and Euros

Also

:siren: Master Point Train is rolling out :siren:

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Which guild are you all in so I can apply and enjoy company while I slog through the game to reach MAXIMUM DISAPPOINTMENT!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Check the OP

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Check the OP

I mean which of the two specifically, SFD or Goon Squad. I am assuming you are SFD since the "Rick Arus."

theSpokeyDokey fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 29, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Join both, then join a 3rd hardcore guild, then a 4th anime guild. You can gchat in both at the same time it's pretty cool, and both guilds share a lot of members with both having cool people.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

karn1635 posted:

I mean which of the two specifically, SFD or Goon Squad. I am assuming you are SFD since the "Rick Arus."

Lol poo poo am I infamous

And yeah nothing wrong with joining both! The goons playing this game are super chill and nice these days and it's wonderful, even nilgoow hasn't murdered anyone in weeks. A lot has calmed down since the xpack release!

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol poo poo am I infamous

And yeah nothing wrong with joining both! The goons playing this game are super chill and nice these days and it's wonderful, even nilgoow hasn't murdered anyone in weeks. A lot has calmed down since the xpack release!

Well the main page for SFD opens with legend of Arus the Mighty. So being the electrified potato I am, I deduced it.

In either case I registered on the forum and posted a thing.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Maybe there should be a YOU CAN JOIN MULTIPLE GUILDS JOIN BOTH GOON GUILDS TO SEE WHAT TOU LIKE BETTER added to the op

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Magres posted:

Dangit what's your schedule? I figured Euro TZ stuff would fit you :cheeky:

I'll figure out something that fits both you and Euros

Appreciate the thought :)
I get home at 10PST and typically can do anything on Friday. Sometimes Saturday if my lady is busy with other stuff.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Xun posted:

Maybe there should be a YOU CAN JOIN MULTIPLE GUILDS JOIN BOTH GOON GUILDS TO SEE WHAT TOU LIKE BETTER added to the op

For the love of gently caress poo poo xun, it already says that!! Read the op!!!!!!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

For the love of gently caress poo poo xun, it already says that!! Read the op!!!!!!

Never!!!!!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I joined both guilds. I like them. GOON has the better guild hall though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Deserts rule caves drool

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Big thanks to Magres for running us through as many Mastery Points as possible tonight. You're now My Hero™.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

The yellow XP booster that I'm thinking of wraps a bunch of boosts into one, like a flat gain increase, killstreak, and something else? all wrapped into one 2 hour booster

There's the legacy xp booster too https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience_Booster_(fine) that actually stacks with the one you're talking about, leading to a lot of delicious xp.

source: many hours spent grinding cats

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Appreciate the thought :)
I get home at 10PST and typically can do anything on Friday. Sometimes Saturday if my lady is busy with other stuff.

Well poo poo let's just do 10pm PST on Tuesday instead of 9pm. No biggie.

Also after having run the first mastery point train, my thinking is that instead of trying to hit every Master Insight (most of them are either trivial or easy to get to) we'll do the following instead:

The two points in the canopy on VB
The point in TD that requires Ley Line Gliding
All the strongboxes on each map

Past that we can do individual requests, that there is ~20 points that are generally the most irritating points in the game to find and/or get (also doing those 20 tonight took the better part of 3 hours, though things will speed up now that I've done this once and have a better idea of what's going on). Only things people "need" is to have Updrafts (it's not strictly necessary but it speeds things up). Additionally, Mesmers are really handy to have around. Some of the zones have vertical jumps in distance that are 5k or more, and it's nice to be able to chain portals together if someone misses a jump or a glide.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nice! I can totally do this upcoming Tuesday.
2 hours or so? Easy peasy.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I'm actually back and doing things in game again so I can probably also help out and do some mastery or hero point trains for the late night US/Oceanic afternoon/Euro early morning crew this weekend if there's interest. Illu, given that 6pm my time is 9am for you, what sort of time in the mornings on Saturday/Sunday would suit you best?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Magres posted:

:siren: Master Point Train is rolling out :siren:

This was incredibly helpful and amazing. Got advanced gliding unlocked. Would still need about 6 more to have enough for ley line gliding, though. Gonna have to do some "Adventures" I guess.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

This was incredibly helpful and amazing. Got advanced gliding unlocked. Would still need about 6 more to have enough for ley line gliding, though. Gonna have to do some "Adventures" I guess.

Drone Race, Ley-Line Run, On Wings Of Gold, Salvage Pit, Flying Circus, Beetle Feast, and Bugs in the Branches are all reasonably easy to get gold in, and almost all adventures are pretty easy to get silver in.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I got Hearts and Minds finished today with the help of a goon, sadly I can't remember his name, but thanks man.

Bloodstone Fen is pretty fun, hopefully I can figure things out and get a good farming groove going. I still haven't gotten to the end of the story stuff, so I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot. Is this map something we're going to have an organized train for or what?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

CLAM DOWN posted:

We're not running any kind of official mastery train in the evenings right now, we're just casually hanging out killings mobs repeatedly with mega boosters on to get mastery experience, for noobs people like me who are just getting things like advanced gliding. If you're expecting an organized mastery train, keep an eye on Schpyder or Magres posts, they're organizing actual mastery point trains.

Sorry if you misunderstood what we were doing :(

I've been doing map completion for the Specialization Collections and doing the metas when they pop (mostly night bosses and Octovine) and now I have everything HoT unlocked only I'm short like 10 MP for the Chak Acid one. Everything with atleast Celebration Boosters active, usually popping new and legacy XP boosts for actually joining the metas. Btw Dragons Stand can be completed solo after just one completed dragon slaying.

That did require me to hunt MP but most of them can be soloed. This ment grtting Gold on as many adventures as possible, which teaches you which you can easily farm. And gets a good chunk of XP. Honestly I've been short on MP the most, for a while I had unlocked Leyline, Adrenal Mushrooms and the second to last Nuhoch and zero MP to spare.

Also do the story for XP and MP.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Mercurius posted:

I'm actually back and doing things in game again so I can probably also help out and do some mastery or hero point trains for the late night US/Oceanic afternoon/Euro early morning crew this weekend if there's interest. Illu, given that 6pm my time is 9am for you, what sort of time in the mornings on Saturday/Sunday would suit you best?

Hey man, that would be pretty cool, thank you. I've got some stuff going on at the weekend so I can't guarantee anything this time but if things calm down I'd definitely be interested.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

If you're on the hunt for mastery points, make sure you do all the low-hanging fruit first e.g. the one where you find ten Itzel totems, or the ones for wallowing. You can solo stuff like that with a guide in under five minutes, it's literally just waypointing to places and following instructions

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Kessel posted:

waypointing to places

easy enough, I gue

Kessel posted:

and following instructions

whoa what the gently caress

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kessel posted:

If you're on the hunt for mastery points, make sure you do all the low-hanging fruit first e.g. the one where you find ten Itzel totems, or the ones for wallowing. You can solo stuff like that with a guide in under five minutes, it's literally just waypointing to places and following instructions

Would you link some good guides?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

Would you link some good guides?

dulfy.net/category/gw2/ has literally every guide you will ever need.

lucifirius posted:

I got Hearts and Minds finished today with the help of a goon, sadly I can't remember his name, but thanks man.

Bloodstone Fen is pretty fun, hopefully I can figure things out and get a good farming groove going. I still haven't gotten to the end of the story stuff, so I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot. Is this map something we're going to have an organized train for or what?

It does not require anything remotely organized.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcyYxEmSh2A

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ride the Ley Line owns

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!

lucifirius posted:

Is this map something we're going to have an organized train for or what?
How to Bloodstone Fen:

1) Fling yourself off ledges;
2) Get to ledges so so can fling yourself off them;
3) Find updrafts and leylines and fling yourself in mid-air.

Remember kids, fling is just flying without the y :allears: .

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

zokie posted:

I've been doing map completion for the Specialization Collections and doing the metas when they pop (mostly night bosses and Octovine) and now I have everything HoT unlocked only I'm short like 10 MP for the Chak Acid one. Everything with atleast Celebration Boosters active, usually popping new and legacy XP boosts for actually joining the metas. Btw Dragons Stand can be completed solo after just one completed dragon slaying.

That did require me to hunt MP but most of them can be soloed. This ment grtting Gold on as many adventures as possible, which teaches you which you can easily farm. And gets a good chunk of XP. Honestly I've been short on MP the most, for a while I had unlocked Leyline, Adrenal Mushrooms and the second to last Nuhoch and zero MP to spare.

Also do the story for XP and MP.

This thread has heard my sob story many times and thanks for the feedback, but you're way off for my issue, sorry. I've done all map completion, story, etc. I don't have a shortage of mastery points, I have a shortage of XP. I don't have time to complete dragon's stand and usually not octovine either. Cletus has been showing me a short loop of mob killing in verdant brink that nets an insane amount of XP with boosters on, that's what I was talking about in my post. Thanks though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The new zone also pumps out tons of XP (and you can permanently boost the amount of XP it gives out by 30%, from what I can tell) and you don't have to commit to big 2 hour event cycles for it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
With a about a hour of spare time and all the exp boosters you can find you can fill out the gliding mastery by just doing fast, high exp activities, your choice from doing quick gold medal adventures, jumping in when it's time to boss rush one of the zones like tarir octovine takes 10-15 minutes when it begins and verdant bank night time bosses you can tag all 5 of them and collect the event exp and loot as they get downed.

The new zone is also Hots Experience: the zone, if you just go to the many events that pop all over every minute, the white mantle mooks spawn a dozen at a time and everything at the shielded cleric events drop loot and experience when killed and scales with players there.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I joined a group last night who I thought was going to be training HP's / Mastery points but instead did the Octovine. That was pretty fun.

I've been doing a lot of solo running which makes the game far less enjoyable than when you get to group kill things, and joining in on that kill made the whole night feel cool

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the new map is super easy to do stuff in because it's kind of an old-style map and not a HoT one. just kinda wander around and stuff will be going on. you don't need leyline gliding or advanced gliding either, just careful management of stamina. advanced gliding would definitely help, but it's not even remotely required.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

the new map is super easy to do stuff in because it's kind of an old-style map and not a HoT one. just kinda wander around and stuff will be going on. you don't need leyline gliding or advanced gliding either, just careful management of stamina. advanced gliding would definitely help, but it's not even remotely required.

No, as someone who has now experienced both ways, the new zone is extremely unfun and frustrating without advanced gliding. I can see leyline not being required, but so far the only people saying "nah you don't need advanced gliding at all!" are the ones who already had it.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

With a about a hour of spare time and all the exp boosters you can find you can fill out the gliding mastery by just doing fast, high exp activities, your choice from doing quick gold medal adventures, jumping in when it's time to boss rush one of the zones like tarir octovine takes 10-15 minutes when it begins and verdant bank night time bosses you can tag all 5 of them and collect the event exp and loot as they get downed.

-The AB meta takes longer than that, that's an exaggeration
-I've compared having full boosters and doing bosses/events vs just killing mobs in concentrated areas. Circling around killing mobs repeatedly is waaaaaaaaay faster xp gain.
-Not only do I not know where adventures are other than 1 or 2 of them, I'm not good enough to consistently get gold medals on the few I've tried so that's not an efficient option for me at all

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CLAM DOWN posted:

No, as someone who has now experienced both ways, the new zone is extremely unfun and frustrating without advanced gliding. I can see leyline not being required, but so far the only people saying "nah you don't need advanced gliding at all!" are the ones who already had it.

-I've compared having full boosters and doing bosses/events vs just killing mobs in concentrated areas. Circling around killing mobs repeatedly is waaaaaaaaay faster xp gain.
-Not only do I not know where adventures are other than 1 or 2 of them, I'm not good enough to consistently get gold medals on the few I've tried so that's not an efficient option for me at all

i don't have advanced gliding. i get that the zone can be frustrating, because it definitely sorta is, but i guess it helps to kinda get a feel for the places that are safe to jump from

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

You don't need advanced gliding in the new zone, it helps a lot, but it isn't a requirement, if you can reach the zealot's arena you can reach everything important like the justiciar boss fight, staying on the ground occasionally taking rifts to random islands or jumping into the hole and opening the glider at the bottom.

All of the adventures are the little stick figure man on the map, you can't miss them, several of them are incredibly easy to gold every time or just take a run or two to learn the pattern to gold every time, a couple aren't worth the time, but you might as well at least silver everything for the achievements and collection requirements or just because some of them can be a fun change of pace for a little bit.

The ENTIRE AB meta takes more then 15 minutes, yes, but you don't have to do the various outpost events, you can just check dragontimer http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/events.php?serverKey=117&langKey=en check when the AB meta is about to start and join one of the many groups in LFG, there are usually 5+ maps at once doing AB and afterwards people loot a poo poo ton of treasure by hopping maps, if you don't care about the loot you can just stick around for the traitor and hero challenge after it ends.
I'd usually join a map early in the 10 minute preparation period and start a hero challenge boss train, knock out 4 or 5 before the gate opened for a bunch of loot and a lot of exp.

I got a lot of levels in early HoT doing the killstreak booster on the old veteran spider canopy, maybe your route beats all of this, but doing the high exp end events, a few fast gold adventures and leading a real fast champion hero challenge run can net you a lot of exp and loot.

In the end you really do want to unlock advanced gliding because HoT is night and day to navigate with and without it when your not falling out of the sky and can just lazily glide from the tallest point.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

I didn't end up buying HoT on sale. Kind of regret it. I suspect there will be another one soon.

• Locked thread