Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Internet Webguy posted:

"I have a constitutional right to be an incompetent idiot."- Ryan Semen, Man, All Rights Reserved.

I wish the court to recognize that I am an Idiot. Also, incompetent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

"My creative use of capitalization proves that I am not under the control of your Illuminati cabal and you have to let me go by the power of Greyskull, QED."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"My creative use of capitalization proves that I am not under the control of your Illuminati cabal and you have to let me go by the power of Greyskull, QED."

I was about to ask why the capitalization off. Is he thinking that it could be used as proof that he's legally retarded? Wasn't he also his own lawyer?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Young Freud posted:

I was about to ask why the capitalization off. Is he thinking that it could be used as proof that he's legally retarded? Wasn't he also his own lawyer?

It's part of their bizarre and magical conspiracy theory that birth certificates are part of a plot where the government sets up a corporation in that name, and if they (the SovCit) divest themselves of that corporation that they are not subject to the laws of normal (meaning sane) people. In their childlike world having their name spelled all in caps means it is referring to the corporation, and if they don't capitalize it then it is referring to them as an actual human being.

It's staggeringly stupid.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Internet Webguy posted:

"I have a constitutional right to be an incompetent idiot."- Ryan Semen, Man, All Rights Reserved.

I am glad that I am not required by any law to be competent, tho.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It's part of their bizarre and magical conspiracy theory that birth certificates are part of a plot where the government sets up a corporation in that name, and if they (the SovCit) divest themselves of that corporation that they are not subject to the laws of normal (meaning sane) people. In their childlike world having their name spelled all in caps means it is referring to the corporation, and if they don't capitalize it then it is referring to them as an actual human being.

It's staggeringly stupid.

And yet they still expect to be protected by all the laws they approve of. All the rights and privileges, but none of the responsibilities.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Discendo Vox posted:

Some more fun times!
Kansas mom whose kids sang at Oregon standoff loses custody

The whole article is worth a read at the source.

Man rejects court's authority citing unofficial flag
This one's a video, and is fantastic. There's an interview with the judge, a sovict guru, and an arrest video by the defendant!

Sovereign citizen arrested again, one week after guilty conviction
This one's just fun.

I am shocked, SHOCKED that a sovcit parent would beat their child mercilessly for minor infractions of retarded rules.

Actually I knda imagined this was the case when she herded them there to sing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Facebook Aunt posted:

And yet they still expect to be protected by all the laws they approve of. All the rights and privileges, but none of the responsibilities.

That's because all of the rights are in the constitution. All of the federal laws and court decisions have actually been in violation of the constitution.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

holy poo poo lol she must have really gone off the deep end after the standoff. It took two months to chase nearly all of her children out of her home, :wow:

SocketWrench posted:

I am shocked, SHOCKED that a sovcit parent would beat their child mercilessly for minor infractions of retarded rules.

Yeah there is a 100% chance of abuse going on in the case of "The Singing Family" no matter what kind of politics they have if history is any indication and being religious and clearly mentally unstable is not a great combo when it comes to parenting. The kids are sharp, though! How smart are they to have had the sense to take her guns and hide them before going to the police?

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Jul 28, 2016

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

SocketWrench posted:

I really feel for those kids because in the 80's my crazy rear end Mother used to drag myself and my siblings to go "sing" at anti-choice rallies. (She was a local organizer for several right wing causes in the 80's) I can also relate to having a Mother that beats you viciously and then blames outside influences/Satan whenever we you beg her to stop.

When I was a little kid I learned to tune out the cryimg of my own siblings in order to fall asleep. That kind of poo poo deeply fucks up children.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Prester Jane posted:

I really feel for those kids because in the 80's my crazy rear end Mother used to drag myself and my siblings to go "sing" at anti-choice rallies. (She was a local organizer for several right wing causes in the 80's) I can also relate to having a Mother that beats you viciously and then blames outside influences/Satan whenever we you beg her to stop.

When I was a little kid I learned to tune out the cryimg of my own siblings in order to fall asleep. That kind of poo poo deeply fucks up children.

Jesus. :smith:

I feel horrible for the children caught up in this.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Some of these things are true though.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Prester Jane posted:

drat. This has got to be bringing up memories that nobody should ever have.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Prester Jane posted:

That's rough, man. Sorry you had to go through that.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

... I'm gonna go give my daughter a hug now.

Sorry you had to go through that, man. Thanks for speaking out about it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's the funny thing, he doesn't know that just because he says he's not competent to stand trial and types like a child and in lower case, the court's not going to take that as proof. There's third-party evaluations involved and, in the meantime, he get's remanded to a psychiatric hospital until the court can prove he's competent for trial. And, since he's an escape risk, it's likely he get sent to a Federal Medical Center, which there's very little difference between that and an actual federal prison.

Case in point: Luke Helder, the Midwest Pipe Bomber, was ruled to be mentally incompetent for trial. He's been held indefinitely in the Federal Medical Center, Rochester in Minnesota since 2004, because he's never been fit for trial and would be a threat to society if released.

So, yeah, do this, dumbass. Maybe Ryan will end up like McMurphy in One Who Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Prester Jane posted:

I was going to mention that PJ has a perfect thread for finding out about abusive home schooling but then you showed up again. Seriously, finding out about ACE just makes me sick to my stomach and steaming mad at the same time.

Btw, do you need anymore articles?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

He's not wrong.

He's also going to prison.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

surely these magic words will be the ones that cast the spell of constitutional freedom on the judges

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

It's because government documents usually give names in all caps like JOHN SMITH but since people don't write their names like that a lot of sovcits think it means you can say that any document that refers to you like that doesn't apply.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

muscles like this? posted:

It's because government documents usually give names in all caps like JOHN SMITH but since people don't write their names like that a lot of sovcits think it means you can say that any document that refers to you like that doesn't apply.

Not just all caps, caps in general seem to all have their own significant legal meaning, like "Ryan" has a different meaning from "RYAN" and "ryan". All some variation on the "Have to keep myself from creating joinder" theme

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/758784975822913536

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mirthless posted:

Not just all caps, caps in general seem to all have their own significant legal meaning, like "Ryan" has a different meaning from "RYAN" and "ryan". All some variation on the "Have to keep myself from creating joinder" theme

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/758774779029495808

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

That was fire.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

What is exempt from levy a reference to? Is it generic joinder :tinfoil: or a more specific type of protection spell?

Also lol at all rights reserved. Ryan ;; of society Bundy is now copyrighted intellectual property.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Haven't heard of this before. I guess you can just demand to be the judge/baliff in your own case and get paid for it? Who knew?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

MisterOblivious posted:

Haven't heard of this before. I guess you can just demand to be the judge/baliff in your own case and get paid for it? Who knew?

Better yet, he's demanding that if they make him do anything other than exist they have to pay him $1 million because he said so, but if he is going to do something he suggests it be ""Judge"" because it sounds cool I guess

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
It seems odd that a sovcit argument would involve payment in US dollars.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Gounads posted:

idiot should have demanded they let him have a device to access his bit coins.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
BundyBucks

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MisterOblivious posted:

The money thing is another sovcit tactic where they demand payment for some crazy amount like that and when you don't pay they file a lien against you.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Internet Webguy posted:

He's not wrong, there is precedent set in Georgia v. Allen.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Gounads posted:

muscles like this? posted:

The money thing is another sovcit tactic where they demand payment for some crazy amount like that and when you don't pay they file a lien against you.

This is correct. They claim to have a mandatory fee schedule of outrageous amounts of money in order to try to dissuade officials from entering into any sort of agreement or contract with them. This is all lunacy, of course. If you watch a lot of sovcit videos you see it pop up time and again.

This is how a lot of civil servants have ended up with false liens in the millions of dollars against their home and property that take years and thousands of dollars to clear up.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is correct. They claim to have a mandatory fee schedule of outrageous amounts of money in order to try to dissuade officials from entering into any sort of agreement or contract with them. This is all lunacy, of course. If you watch a lot of sovcit videos you see it pop up time and again.

This one is pretty amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyy9Vns4Ias

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The joy of burying my head in this stuff is now I understand all the words/phrases that the transcriber missed. I actually was typing something about that video and then deleted it because I was rambling.

FYI she was going to get pulled over for speeding and instead called 911 to complain about the cops chasing her as she ran multiple stop signs and led police on a chase for about 6-7 minutes.

Afterwards she immediately got out of her truck to confront the officers. The predictable result ensued.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

MisterOblivious posted:

I, an admitted idiot, am qualified

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I was coming here to post that. It's a interesting and surprisingly accurate gambit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So JJ has been doing this for a while: http://deathandtaxes.com/sovcitkane.pdf

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Ryan's filing just got word-filtered.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

The joy of burying my head in this stuff is now I understand all the words/phrases that the transcriber missed. I actually was typing something about that video and then deleted it because I was rambling.

FYI she was going to get pulled over for speeding and instead called 911 to complain about the cops chasing her as she ran multiple stop signs and led police on a chase for about 6-7 minutes.

Afterwards she immediately got out of her truck to confront the officers. The predictable result ensued.

What was the stuff at the end when she's in the cop car? Caught the color of law part, Proof of something?

E: I love the 'i conditionally accept you kidnapping me' while she's getting jammed in the car. You can see the wheels turning as she has to spew words to make it seem like she's orchestrating the whole thing.

red19fire has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Jul 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Prester Jane posted:

Thankfully mine was never quite that bad. My step dad used to like to rough house with me, flipping me over him to slam on the floor or random choke/wrestling holds and such. He claimed it was to toughen me up. All it did was make me fear him and spend less time around the family when he was around.
There were a few times I got the worst of things for no reason. My sister was up late one night thumping around. Our rooms were right next to each other and my folks slept downstairs under our rooms. dad came up, yanked me out of bed, punched me in the side and told me to "knock it off".
Another time i learned the n-word, but not what it meant (pre-internet days). So was calling my sister that while chasing her one day, my old man grabbed me by the hair and threw me across the room, punched me a few times and told me never to say that again. Wasn't till an hour later my mom explained what the word meant and why it was bad that I understood

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not one to advocate this very often, but god almighty, these fucks should be shot on sight. would there really be anything of value lost besides something to astound you that people could be this stupid.
Also, if this bitch has a driver's license, i believe pretty much every state has an agreement you sign that says you will obey the laws and poo poo.

SocketWrench has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Jul 29, 2016