Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Oh my god, Gary's riff on Dillinger's wooden gun..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
People soaking up Dillinger's blood to take home as a souvenir is one of the most bizarre things I've heard on The Dollop so far.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

People soaking up Dillinger's blood to take home as a souvenir is one of the most bizarre things I've heard on The Dollop so far.

Soaking blood into cloths for a souvenir is something that happened for most of the worlds history. It's only recently that we got away from it, although a dude bought a vile of Ronald Reagan's blood for a couple thousand dollars not to long ago.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Clown Floats Down River in Barrel: 80 Dead

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Grand Fromage posted:

Clown Floats Down River in Barrel: 80 Dead

That's one hell of an emotional roller coaster ride for the clown. You get in a barrel, you're in the river and your life sucks. Then you're cheered on, maybe life isn't so bad. And then...

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Has anyone submitted an idea that's been used before? I'm currently putting together notes on what would probably be the most incredible Australian Dollop if it gets used.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Better than the Emu War?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So am I crazy or did they pull the latest Dollop. I think it said "The Dominos Pizza Incident."

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

So am I crazy or did they pull the latest Dollop. I think it said "The Dominos Pizza Incident."

still here http://thedollop.libsyn.com/188-the-dominos-pizza-story

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

This story is like the real life version of Memos from Bear Cave.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dominos ep is my new favorite reverse Dollop. Has the classic Dollop thing of "OHHH, so THAT'S the crazy twist" and then five minutes later "OHHHH ANOTHER ONE"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It was taken down from Itunes and put back up.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i have a powerful nostalgia for late nights at college eating domino's pizza with friends
now i don't know what to feel

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Mr Hootington posted:

It was taken down from Itunes and put back up.

the original one had some weird popping and other audio issues so I'm guessing that's why

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Gee, I wonder what might go wrong in the episode about Domino's Pizza...
:allbuttons:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Just got started on the Domino's episode, and Dave sounds like he's in a really good mood. I'm looking forward to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8KrTC_o48o

(I know it's not directly related, but it's in the neighborhood.)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
holy poo poo this new ep :stare:

https://twitter.com/aintnoswayze/status/758646722503454720

the cars episode was super good and goofy too

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

abraham linksys posted:

holy poo poo this new ep :stare:

https://twitter.com/aintnoswayze/status/758646722503454720

the cars episode was super good and goofy too

I'm on the cars episode now, and I'm so glad they've had a streak of fun/goofy/stupid topics. I was kind of feeling like drowning myself in a toilet for a while.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
How was there never a Mad Men episode about this? Harry Crane so would've been in that crowd.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 29, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Just think, if Edison's batteries hadn't been garbage (and they'd not struck oil in Texas) we might have had electric cars before WWI!

Illinois Smith posted:

How was there never a Mad Men episode about this? Harry Crane so would've been in that crowd.

I guess they figured people wouldn't believe it was real. Also I'm not sure they could find enough extras.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
They wouldn't even have to shoot a scene in the crowd. Harry (or, better, one of the art department nerds because Harry works with models and such a lot) comes into the office, starts excitedly describing what went down to someone, Joan comes around the corner, he compares her boobs to Francine's, gets slapped. Cut to Don in the doorway to his office smirking while sipping on his 8th drink that morning. "loving amateurs", he says to himself.

It writes itself.

(also lol almost no crowd scene you see on TV or in movies these days is filmed with that actual amount of extras)

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

prefect posted:

I'm on the cars episode now, and I'm so glad they've had a streak of fun/goofy/stupid topics. I was kind of feeling like drowning myself in a toilet for a while.

If you're looking for a feel good car story then watch the documentary "Horatio's Drive: America's First Roadtrip" it's about the first person to cross the United States in a car. It could be a Dollop in its own right.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Illinois Smith posted:

I love stories like these because it's always fun to remember that this is what the old men who complain about how cell phones are the downfall of society were like when they were young and what they think society should return to.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

I wonder if a young Trump was there.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
listen to these bee murder apologists.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TheFallenEvincar posted:

listen to these bee murder apologists.

bees are good and worth the deaths.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh beehiiiiiiiive

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ohrwurm posted:

Oh beehiiiiiiiive

*stares*

i think we are done here.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I'd kill a million bees to save Gallagher's life

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'd kill a million Gallagher's to save a bee's life

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

They wouldn't even have to shoot a scene in the crowd. Harry (or, better, one of the art department nerds because Harry works with models and such a lot) comes into the office, starts excitedly describing what went down to someone, Joan comes around the corner, he compares her boobs to Francine's, gets slapped. Cut to Don in the doorway to his office smirking while sipping on his 8th drink that morning. "loving amateurs", he says to himself.

It writes itself.

(also lol almost no crowd scene you see on TV or in movies these days is filmed with that actual amount of extras)

Mad Men certainly wouldn't show the crowd, it would just be Harry Crane and maybe one or two of the others looking out one window and then Peggy walking in and being like "what are you guys looking at? Can I look? Are you going to work at all today?" Don is too busy nursing a hangover to get off his couch.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Otto in the Attic is the best Dollop in forever and the guests were great. When they said Otto killed the husband I remember looking at my radio and seeing there was still 40 minutes left in the episode and losing it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah it was a great episode. It has been a good couple of weeks for the dollop. The guests were great and I'm going to definitely give their podcast a shot now.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

possibly some of the best guests they've had i think

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just keep in mind that My Favorite Murder is a true crime podcast, not a comedic stories of American weirdness podcast. When they get into gruesome murders, it ends up not being a jokey ha-ha time, but them actually reacting to the stories.

That being said, I'm a devoted Murderino and think that KillHard make a wonderful duo on MFM.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

possibly some of the best guests they've had i think

A low bar imo, but yeah, really good episode.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

rotinaj posted:

Just keep in mind that My Favorite Murder is a true crime podcast, not a comedic stories of American weirdness podcast. When they get into gruesome murders, it ends up not being a jokey ha-ha time, but them actually reacting to the stories.

That being said, I'm a devoted Murderino and think that KillHard make a wonderful duo on MFM.

Yeah. I checked it out based on liking their guest appearance, and I do enjoy their podcast, but I definitely expected more dark humor.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've only listened to two episodes of MFM (early ones) but my main issue with it was that it wasn't really a true crime podcast (there were a lot of instances of them being like, "I think uhhhh, I think then this happened? Or something?") and it wasn't really a comedy podcast. It was 2 people who are funny, doing their best to remember true crime stories. Do they get more prepared in later episodes?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The Berzerker posted:

I've only listened to two episodes of MFM (early ones) but my main issue with it was that it wasn't really a true crime podcast (there were a lot of instances of them being like, "I think uhhhh, I think then this happened? Or something?") and it wasn't really a comedy podcast. It was 2 people who are funny, doing their best to remember true crime stories. Do they get more prepared in later episodes?

I started at the newest and I'm working backwards. They spend 10-20 minutes chatting and then they each tell a story they prepared ahead of time. Just listen to a more recent one and see if you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I'm almost certain that MFM will end with one of them being killed by a psycho listener.