Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
All I'm saying is this wouldn't have happened if people hadn't stopped brutally owning him constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Übrigens mal aus rein fachlichem Interesse, auf welcher Rechtsgrundlage kriegt der Sohn von iranischen Asylbewerbern die deutsche Staatsbürgerschaft? IIRC gibt es die Staatsbürgerschaft für Kinder ausländischer Eltern bei inländischer Geburt und 8-jährigem Aufenthalt der Eltern doch erst ein paar Jahre, oder wirkt das zurück? Ich meine mich dunkel erinnern zu können, dass irgendjemand hier was mit Ausländerrecht zu tun hat und das sicherlich aus dem Ärmel schütteln kann.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Vater ist Deutsch soweit ich weiss.

Das Gesetz is von 2000 und gilt nicht rückwirklich iirc.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
If you are born in Germany and live here until 18 are you not automatically qualified to be German citizen?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

If you are born in Germany and live here until 18 are you not automatically qualified to be German citizen?

No. Only if one of your parents already lived in Germany for 8 years and had a permanent residency permit.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

poty posted:

Hitler was born on 4/20????

that guy turned every inconspicuous cultural landmark into something terrifying, what an rear end in a top hat !

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

will angela Merkel be reelected if AfD has anyrhing to say about it.?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

LeoMarr posted:

will angela Merkel be reelected if AfD has anyrhing to say about it.?

Merkel will set the entire country aflame and salt the Earth before she goes into coalition with the AfD. Expect a Government of National Unity before anyone even thinks about letting the AfD anywhere near the government.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

ArchangeI posted:

Merkel will set the entire country aflame and salt the Earth before she goes into coalition with the AfD. Expect a Government of National Unity before anyone even thinks about letting the AfD anywhere near the government.

Because the ~10% of votes that the AfD is going to get will totally make an "National Unity" government against them necessary.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Because the ~10% of votes that the AfD is going to get will totally make an "National Unity" government against them necessary.

The way this is going, it will be more like the AfD and its three splinter parties and all four parties combined could theoretically form a block to get about 9-10% of the vote.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

I went to look up the current numbers for the AfD and had a lol when i saw that the GroKo is at 53% according to one poll. Eagerly awaiting that Größte Koalition aller Zeiten.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Grim Up North posted:

I went to look up the current numbers for the AfD and had a lol when i saw that the GroKo is at 53% according to one poll. Eagerly awaiting that Größte Koalition aller Zeiten.

Well, the SPD is no longer a Volkspartei, so there is that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

poty posted:

Hitler was born on 4/20????

dank weed can lead to hitlers

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Merhaba, ist Österreich der bessere Deutschland?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBx_NCE4WVA

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

GaussianCopula posted:

Given that he lived in a very multicultural area, what are the chances that he was not bullied because he was an "Ausländer" but instead was bullied by children with migration background and turned to Nazism as reaction to that?

az posted:

"How can I turn this thing to make foreigners responsible for it. "

quote:

David Sonboly, der am Freitag in München neun Menschen erschoss, handelte möglicherweise aus Fremdenhass. Ein 17-Jähriger, der mit Sonboly befreundet war, berichtete dem SPIEGEL, David Sonboly habe einen "Riesenhass auf die meisten Ausländer" entwickelt, weil ihn ein paar Jungs in der Schule "richtig zerpflückt" hätten.
[URL] http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/muenchen-david-sonboly-handelte-womoeglich-aus-fremdenhass-a-1105007.html [/URL]

Something being posted by Gaussian Copula doesn't automatically invalidate it as an argument.
If Godwin was a rule in D&D, GC would be uncontested winner of every single thread he participates in. :rolleyes:

az
Dec 2, 2005

If you're blind enough to consider GC's cherry picking bullshit artistry as an attempt at actual honest debate then I got some bridges to sell you.

And trying to pin right extremist violence on the same group of people that make up the victims is despicable garbage, shame on you and your poo poo ideas of what constitutes an argument and willful ignorance of the implications and motivations behind them.

PS: Maybe there's a reason that most of his posts are one inch removed from Godwin territory, but I am sure it's not his fault but the darn liberals that misrepresent them :rolleye:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

goethe42 posted:

Something being posted by Gaussian Copula doesn't automatically invalidate it as an argument.

No I'm pretty sure "maybe the Ausländer made him become a Hitler-worshipping mass-murderer" invalidates itself.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

az posted:

rückwirklich

Hihi

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

botany posted:

No I'm pretty sure "maybe the Ausländer made him become a Hitler-worshipping mass-murderer" invalidates itself.

Except when that is what literally happened?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Why don't you tell us what conclusions you would draw from it instead of making coy implications?

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Between the brown kid insisting on being Aryan, Turks beating him up over it, murder and a Bavarian prole throwing a beer bottle this should make a pretty decent tragicomical movie that gets played on ARTE sometime mid-afternoon.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Die Staatsansaltschaft München posted:

Eine rechtsextreme Motivation für die Morde könne nach derzeitiger Erkenntnislage nicht bestätigt werden [...] [Bei dem "Manifest" des Täters handelt es sich] um eine weitestgehend ungeordnete Aneinanderreihung von Gedanken, die maßgeblich um die schulische und familiäre Situation des Täters sowie um seine Erkrankung kreisten. Wir können darin momentan nicht eindeutig eine rechte Gesinnung erkennen.

Schaut so aus als ob hier weniger ein "echter" Rechtsradikalismus als politische Überzeugung vorliegt, sei's wegen Mobbing durch seine Mitschüler oder nicht, sondern dass er eher einfach generell "ned ganz do" war, wie man bei uns sagt.

e:

Default Settings posted:

Between the brown kid insisting on being Aryan, Turks beating him up over it, murder and a Bavarian prole throwing a beer bottle this should make a pretty decent tragicomical movie that gets played on ARTE sometime mid-afternoon.

:agreed:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The assumption that the thing that made cargo cult nazism appealing to the dude was that it let him feel that indeed it was him who was superior to the guys bullying him, namely on racial grounds, does not seem far fetched at all. In fact it seems positively banal.

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

aphid_licker posted:

The assumption that the thing that made cargo cult nazism appealing to the dude was that it let him feel that indeed it was him who was superior to the guys bullying him, namely on racial grounds, does not seem far fetched at all. In fact it seems positively banal.

at least to anybody who's been bullied in their formative years

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

aphid_licker posted:

I met a nice Iranian, Batman, during my time in the Evangelische Wohnheim. He could open beer bottles with his eye brow and was a real metal head. But even though he was a chill guy who would copy me (I'm old, sue me!) CDs, I felt uncomfortable as he was into Norwegian Nazi Metal, especially Burzum and Marduk. The Aryan stuff seems to strike a chord with many Persians.

Still, nice guy.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 29, 2016

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Marduk are Swedish, like all bad black metal bands

az
Dec 2, 2005

aphid_licker posted:

The important bit is making the distinction between attempting to understand the perpetrators pathology and psychology and trying to play pin the donkey with the implications.

Damnit, I blame my coworker who keeps using that word :argh:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Smirr posted:

Marduk are Swedish, like all bad black metal bands

That implies that there is such a thing as good black metal bands :smugdog:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The only purpose of black metal and pagan metal bands is to entertain fans of non-garbage metal-subcultures.

Except the grindcore subculture, which doesn't need any more entertainment, and is having entirely too much fun all by itself.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Metal is good just like anime.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Metal is good just like anime.
Hmm, yes. Metal is blood.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My favorite thing about Metal is that it doesn't sexualize teenagers, and its most ridiculous plot line is Manowar.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

az posted:

Damnit, I blame my coworker who keeps using that word :argh:

I have a friend who uses the word "zumindestens" and I want to punch and kick him

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My favorite thing about Metal is that it doesn't sexualize teenagers,

Pretty sure the record labels sexualized LaFee pretty strongly, actually.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
In other news: Austrians now legally allowed to call presidential candidate Norbert Hofer (FPÖ) a Nazi.

Salzburger Nachrichten: Tiroler SPÖ-Chef im Prozess um "Nazi"-Sager freigesprochen

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Randler posted:

Ah yes, renowned metal-representative LaFee

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

*googles LeFee*

:chloe:

Also the real intersection of Metal and Anime is Babymetal. smdh

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My favorite thing about Metal is that it doesn't sexualize teenagers
scorpionsvirginkiller.jpg

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Randler posted:

Flieg weg, Troll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

az posted:

The important bit is making the distinction between attempting to understand the perpetrators pathology and psychology and trying to play pin the donkey with the implications.

Serious question tho, how does this work ethically? If he had killed himself and you polled a cohort of Otto Normalverbrauchers you'd probably get a decent share of people saying that his killing himself was the bullies' fault. In this case, polling the same Otto Normalverbrauchers, what's the result? Probably less. But the bullies' action was the same, the only difference is the outcome, which the bullies had no way of knowing what it would be. His murders did not actually help against the bullying, so they're less directly a result of the bullies' actions? That makes sense. Ok nevermind, I figured it out.