Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (July 6, 1951)

Barnaby (December 11, 1942)

Nancy (August 20, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (May 3, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (May 18, 1923)

Barney Google (May 19, 1922)

Alley Oop (August 18, 1933)

Lil' Abner (January 15, 1937)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Selachian posted:

It's an edit. (I thought at first the joke was "brown shirt = Germany," myself.)

Don't spoil the edit by giving it away.

And you were correct, that was the joke.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 29, 2016

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Mike Lester is still bad at his chosen profession.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Potato Jones posted:

Mike Lester is still bad at his chosen profession.

Yet it still pays his bills while we toil away in awful drudgery. Ain't life a peach?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

Oh, great, now I'm dreading the strip we'll get when Brian Wilson passes away.

Do you suppose it would be more or less 2016 if Death passed over Brian Wilson and took Stamos instead?

Luann

Note right now for future purposes that Les is counting his big jar of money right in front of the club owners. Take this into account when gauging whatever their reaction happens to be to his telling them he only brought in about :10bux:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Remember when that tiger shirted great white hunter dude told everybody he was going straight and starting a show in Vegas or whatever and Petey just didn't believe him and stalked and hounded and pestered him relentlessly with no evidence whatsoever besides just "it's impossible for criminals to reform!" until no jury in the world would have convicted him for shooting Petey in the face? I do. :allears:

I mean, it turned out he really was still doing criminal stuff (using trained chimps to steal diamonds in a scheme that, best case scenario, was definitely still many times less lucrative than just doing the Vegas show he was legitimately contracted to do would have been), but that's beside the point.

Sally Forth

I wonder if a Ces-driven Judge Parker will eventually devolve into a meaningless whirlwind of meta clusterfuckery. I'd still read it if it did since that would still be way more entertaining than the current Judge Parker. And I'm not complaining about Sally Forth either. I'm just wondering.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know whether to be annoyed or relieved that they didn't even bother to show any of the performances in Luann, just went straight to "Oh, that was awesome!"

However, I have no problem being annoyed with Scott Adams, who finds Alicia Keys threatening to his manhood.

quote:

Based on what I know about the human body, and the way our thoughts regulate our hormones, the Democratic National Convention is probably lowering testosterone levels all over the country. Literally, not figuratively.

Anyway, hey kids! Comics!

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (May 31, 1929)

Loss, Regret, Despair, and Remembering What Your Priorities Are (Featuring Good Ol' Charlie Brown) (July 25, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

The punchline: Ed has an unerring instinct for what it takes to screw up an important moment.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (August 19-20, 1929)

Thimble Theater (February 15, 1930)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3sGAS_ARZ8&t=450s

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
We went to moomin world today (in Turku, Finland), figured some posters in this thread might find it relevant:

I don't understand what was up with cop girl next to snufkin, obviously she was supposed to be the hemulen police officer but maybe the suit was out for dry cleaning or something, she later arrested Stinky for some reason. It was hellishly hot by finnish standards (25C>). The moomin house was really huge and cool, 4 floors all in all.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

goatface posted:

God, don't edit MdJ, then I have to go and look for the real one and he gets page views and thinks he's popular and poo poo.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I'm the kid feeling Sniff's balls

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Is there an in-universe explanation for why the first day of production for a clothes factory is the biggest news story of the day / week / year? This is the kind of boring crap that gets put in the back section of the local paper at best.

I Wish I Were Gary Larson, or, Foolish Mortals

Curse of the Undead! or, Scary Gary

Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley

Phoebe and her Unicorn, or, Heavenly Nostrils

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

His Divine Shadow posted:

We went to moomin world today (in Turku, Finland), figured some posters in this thread might find it relevant

Would hug that Moomin without shame.

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

https://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2016-07-28/the-lure-of-minimalism

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Gross Exaggerations (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (November 1934)

Mopsy

:boom:

They’ll Do It Everytime (October 1939)

Feiffer (click for big)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_F.B.I._(TV_series)

Jaf

Jaf is ... weird, but I like this one for some reason.

Wee Pals (click for big) (August 1970)

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

One of many tributes to R.T. over at http://richardspooralmanac.blogspot.com/

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Slammy posted:

Mr. Tweedy

Mr. Tweedy, I know things have been a little rough, but murder is not the answer.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nancy

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

It's funny to see electric cars coming back a century later, making this cartoon somewhat current again.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Slammy posted:

The Gay Thirties (November 1934)

Strange Interlude

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

loving yikes.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 30, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Aww man, I popped into the thread after months away and learn Richard Thompson died. :(

Rest in peace, Mr. Thompson.

And then I laughed at a Pibgorn. :saddowns:

Burn in hell, Mr. McEldowny.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I don't know if this Comics Riffs post linked from there is what you meant for people to check out, but it's certainly worth a look. I was a fan of Cul de Sac and Richard's Poor Almanac but I am far less familiar with some of the other kinds of works featured here. Some of these caricatures and other kinds of works are awesome. (Also one of the people reflecting on Thompson is Bill Watterson.)

And this one just cracks me up.

F Minus

Mary Worth

"I mean also this mop. I need both Vicodin and this mop. I think I need to be clear on that."

Rex Morgan MD

These are a couple of the friendliest and most understanding mobsters I think I've seen.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Julet Esqu posted:

Do you suppose it would be more or less 2016 if Death passed over Brian Wilson and took Stamos instead?

Luann

Note right now for future purposes that Les is counting his big jar of money right in front of the club owners. Take this into account when gauging whatever their reaction happens to be to his telling them he only brought in about :10bux:

quote:

While everyone else considers the show, Les shows why he shouldn’t be considered…

quote:

I see Lethlie is playing Johnny Cash. One day he might indeed end up in Folsom prison…

quote:

I doubt Les’ uncle is stupid enough to be fooled for very long. As for Brad, he should get over himself. So he missed out on a chance to be a big hero. Boo hoo. He should be glad Jonah did come in time to appear with Shannon. They never should have told the kid her dad wasn’t coming so soon. He was late, but not too late. They should talk to Jonah when Shannon isn’t around. He should have apologized for being late. Shannon loves her daddy, and the way to make Jonah more responsible, if there is a way, is not to pressure him. He’ll just get defensive and make excuses. Don’t put the kid in the middle.

quote:

Show And Tell”
“Day New Monty”
“Do The Aftermath”
“A Wonder-ful World” (♬)
“The Reflective Reflex”
“Skip To My Hullabaloo”
“The Shindig’s Connected To The…Whole Joint..” (♪)
“What’s The Happening?”
“Livin’ Col-la®ge”
“On Crowd Nine”
“A Motley Crew Cut Out”
“Pleasant, Under Masses”
“Over-ture Guide”
“Exit Marks The Spot”
“Good Night, Greater Pits Suburban Metropolitan Statistical Area And School District!”
Or
“A Dispursing Of Interest”

fort knox

Look at this STORYTELLING

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkarbuckles

Viivi & Wagner

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

You know, this storyline is neither neurotic gross-out humor nor unbelievably racist nor mentally stuck in the 50s, but instead just everyone involved plumbing the depths of stupidity, and I can't help but enjoy it. The other shoe will drop soon enough, but for the time being, good work, Bud Grace.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

These are a couple of the friendliest and most understanding mobsters I think I've seen.

It's been more than half a century since Radio Patrol; they weeded out all the idiot crims pretty well.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (June 1, 1929)

Peanuts (July 26, 1969)

And for those of you keeping track at home, that means Sparky ended the story of the Little Red-Haired Girl's moving day with her just being gone, seemingly forever. Chuck is left a broken boy, with images swimming through his head of his puppy love forever unrequited. And then Snoopy gets to be a vulture again.

I love this strip so drat much.

Funky Winkerbean, featuring Good Ol' Cheatin'-rear end Tony

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (August 21-22, 1929)

Thimble Theater (February 17, 1930)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 30, 2016

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Bizarro

Dilbert

Compu-Toon didn't update yet.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

You know, this storyline is neither neurotic gross-out humor nor unbelievably racist nor mentally stuck in the 50s, but instead just everyone involved plumbing the depths of stupidity, and I can't help but enjoy it. The other shoe will drop soon enough, but for the time being, good work, Bud Grace.
A lot of the Piranha Club/Ernie is this kind of stupid which is why I generally like the comic. :shobon:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Give this an edit to make it look like he's banging his receptionist in the dumpster. :quagmire:

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

JaggerMcDagger posted:

fort knox

Look at this STORYTELLING

The ever changing text gags are terrible, but if it had just been "Lawn darts ->" in every one it'd have been an actual good backgroung gag?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (August 21-22, 1929)

The Young Virginia Woolfe Chronicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Simian_Prime posted:

Give this an edit to make it look like he's banging put his receptionist wife's body in the dumpster. :hehe:

This is the obvious answer

• Locked thread