Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Paul Zuvella posted:

People are straight up making up non-existent plot twists at this point smh

Yeah it's a reach but all the elements are there and had a bunch of hints indicating that they were meant to play a much bigger role, so where's the harm in spitballing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

lmao

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I'm dying at "crashkey999"

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Take a look at Carlos' Bizzare adventure

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lol at :45

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
im like vaguely interested in how people are doing these. is there like some sort of weird rear end model maker software for this poo poo or did somebody make some good sfm models

Fright Ibis
Jul 29, 2016
I like this game so much it made me get an account.

My plot question is, are the anagrams and AB games another bootstrap paradox? Did Sigma and Delta both copy them off each other instead of coming up with more original Nonary/Decision game ideas?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

im like vaguely interested in how people are doing these. is there like some sort of weird rear end model maker software for this poo poo or did somebody make some good sfm models

My money is on SFM.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Luna Was Here posted:

People are getting better and better at extracting data. The models you see are the official ones straight from the game. They can be used both in sfm or animation software like Blender.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Fright Ibis posted:

My plot question is, are the anagrams and AB games another bootstrap paradox? Did Sigma and Delta both copy them off each other instead of coming up with more original Nonary/Decision game ideas?
It could be either, but old Sigma and Akane (and Junpei, for that matter) in VLR didn't have any memory of what happened during the Dcom experiment. I would guess that it's more likely that Delta using his MIND HACKING to get information about the Nonary Game on the Moon.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Akane and sigma had memories from ztd in vlr

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
SIgma didn't have ZTD memories in VLR when making the nonary game, he based it off what he already had to go through in the game itself. ZTD comes after all of that in Sigma's timeline.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sigma's timeline is basically:

-Gets knocked out a few days before Christmas
-Gets SHIFTed to VLR, goes through it
-Gets forced back to a few months after radical-6 escapes
-Goes to the moon for 45 years to develop the AB project with Akane, meeting Diana and producing Luna, Zero III and Kyle along the way
-Invite Tenmyouji and Quark up to the moon, presumably knocks them out
-Sets up the AB game, puts the knocked out Alice/Clover/Phi/Tenmyouji/Quark into the rooms along with Luna and the K armour, then lets Dio infiltrate the facility while he enters the elevator with the passed out Phi
-Waits for his 22 year old self to SHIFT into his body as he goes back to right before Christmas
-Goes through ZTD

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

-Has his daughter incinerated
-Sends clones of himself and another woman to another timeline
-Has twins, the previously mentioned daughter and her brother, the villain, and sends clones of them to another timeline
-Dies due to starvation
-Clone dies too
-Another Sigma absorbs all that information
-tfw

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Technically his bae has his daughter incinerated

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
Unless bae was mindhacked, in which case brother burninates his sister.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I was disappointed Dio and Snake weren't in ZTD until I realized them showing up would be way out of left field.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Fright Ibis posted:

They were both from Delta and adapted by Sigma (at Akane's instructions) for VLR. Akane has all her memories and met with Delta on April Whatever 2029.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

RJWaters2 posted:

I was disappointed Dio and Snake weren't in ZTD until I realized them showing up would be way out of left field.

I know he has basically nothing to do with this game's plot but I was mad as hell that Snake didn't warrant even a cursory mention when Junpei was talking about the other people from 999. :argh:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Didn't he though? I thought he mentioned Light, unless I'm just thinking of Aoi. I mean, Lotus got a mention so I really doubt they neglected him.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Momomo posted:

Didn't he though? I thought he mentioned Light, unless I'm just thinking of Aoi. I mean, Lotus got a mention so I really doubt they neglected him.

Nah, I was paying especially close attention since Snake's probably my favorite character in the series. They might have mentioned his name in passing or something, but there weren't any concrete details like there were with Aoi, Lotus and Seven. Clover didn't get a mention either, though I don't care as much about that.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ApplesandOranges posted:

Sigma's timeline is basically:

-Gets knocked out a few days before Christmas

I guess the reason Akane knew she had to do this was thanks to the ~-Morphogenetic Field-~, right? They weren't collaborators prior to that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Vengarr posted:

I guess the reason Akane knew she had to do this was thanks to the ~-Morphogenetic Field-~, right? They weren't collaborators prior to that.

Yep, Akane did her whole spooky gas mask thing, waited a bit, and the sigma that woke up was actually Old Man Sigma, then they both applied for DCOM :v:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I'm kind of disappointed Uchi didn't have Akane be the culprit three times in a row. That would have been some good-rear end poo poo.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

RJWaters2 posted:

Nice pun. :golfclap:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Irregular Webcomic posted:

Sometimes I think that all of us live in an insane fantasy world.

Actually I think there was a quantum branch point somewhere early in 2016, and we're now inhabiting an alternate history universe, while the prime timeline has gone off somewhere else without us.

So he's saying... we're in the history God abandoned?

Life is simply unfair.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

im posting poo poo I stole from tcrf

"Hidden text is written on the side of one of the safes in the study, saying "ゼロはデルテです" or Zero is Delta"

There's also a bunch of unused voiceclips and a cool unused song. I recommend checking it out.

Fright Ibis
Jul 29, 2016

Vengarr posted:

I'm kind of disappointed Uchi didn't have Akane be the culprit three times in a row. That would have been some good-rear end poo poo.

Or if Clover made it into this game somehow. It was nice to have a break from her, but I always found it funny that she kept getting dragged into every Nonary Game.

I wonder what her character design would have looked like in ZTD? With the darker tone and the more "Western sensibilities" in clothing.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Fright Ibis posted:

Or if Clover made it into this game somehow. It was nice to have a break from her, but I always found it funny that she kept getting dragged into every Nonary Game.

There's your clue that it's not nine people, and it's not a Nonary game: no Clover.

Fright Ibis
Jul 29, 2016
Hey, did anyone else get to the fragment where Sean meets Zero and think for a while that not pushing the button might permanently gently caress up your save?

Sean's consciousness is supposed to be part of the quantum computer that spans all histories, so the idea of him having a "complete death" seemed like it could kill him in all timelines. I thought it might be Uchikoshi pulling a really crazy trick. So I didn't go back and try the choice of not pushing it until I was really stuck in the game for a while.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Fright Ibis posted:

Hey, did anyone else get to the fragment where Sean meets Zero and think for a while that not pushing the button might permanently gently caress up your save?

Sean's consciousness is supposed to be part of the quantum computer that spans all histories, so the idea of him having a "complete death" seemed like it could kill him in all timelines. I thought it might be Uchikoshi pulling a really crazy trick. So I didn't go back and try the choice of not pushing it until I was really stuck in the game for a while.

Eh... I'd have expected something like that more from Yoko Taro than Uchikoshi.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Or Hideo Kojima finally making his game that deletes itself when you lose.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Wasn't there some mech combat game on X-Box that deleted your save if your mech got blown up and you didn't eject in time or something like that?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Undertale did something a lot less extreme and it still caused freakouts.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The next Fire Emblem should delete your save if you lose a unit in battle

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

irlZaphod posted:

The next Fire Emblem should delete your save if you lose a unit in battle

smh if youre too casual to not buy a new cartridge everytime you lose a character

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
the next fire emblem will form your party based off of your social media accounts and if they die in the game they die in real life.

e: sorry you had to die grandma maybe next time you won't have such lovely stat growths.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

W.T. Fits posted:

Wasn't there some mech combat game on X-Box that deleted your save if your mech got blown up and you didn't eject in time or something like that?

Steel Batallion, but it also came with an actual, physical control panel with an eject button covered by a plastic case that you had to flip up before you hit it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/763340783151755265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

My favorite thing about this dude is how he just straight up trolls his fans.

• Locked thread