Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The graveyard across the lake lost all of it's Pokestops today, looks like they're starting to purge ones in bad locations.

If you're not trespassing, are you really living?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Almost a third of my catches are electric type. Voltorbs and Magnemites everywhere. I'm going to start walking near the beach to get some nifty water types (also it's cooler there anyway).

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Maker Of Shoes posted:

How have we gone 225 pages and some variation of this is not the thread title?

Pokemon GO - Feel the curve of my great balls

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The graveyard across the lake lost all of it's Pokestops today, looks like they're starting to purge ones in bad locations.

I better still be able to fish pokeballs out of the local 9/11 Memorial.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

At lunch today I decided to use one of my remaining free lures.

17 magikarp and a pidgy.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Shifty Pony posted:

17 magikarp and a pidgy.

It's better than zubats.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I'm glad pokevision confirms that there are currently only pidgeys, ratatas and spearows in like a 10 mile radius of my house in the middle of Denver.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

endlessmonotony posted:

It's better than zubats.

That's definitely true.

I wonder what the dropoff in IAPs has been. That lunch spot has two stops within range and used to be nearly constantly lured, but rarely is anymore.

Or maybe just everyone figured out you just get a bunch of Magikarp there.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

chitoryu12 posted:

Pokémon Go: "Sir, this is a restricted area"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Pokemon go: Mind if I launch my balls at your private property?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

Heard at work that somebody got caught trying to sneak into here (the water tower is a stop).

Somehow they didn't notice the NO TREAPASSING BY ORDER OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY signs.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
There's a gym a block from my work, the problem is that it's in the courtyard in the middle of a hospital and I can't reach it from the public walkways. Time to order some scrubs on eBay.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Has anybody actually seen a dratini after this change?

I came home to find two Dratini chilling in front of my house today. I saw Dratini there once or twice before, though. Not sure if much has changed here... I hope the Pikachu nest near my place is still intact.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Me: Should I go outside today?
Pokevision: Nah

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The Nastier Nate posted:

There's a gym a block from my work, the problem is that it's in the courtyard in the middle of a hospital and I can't reach it from the public walkways. Time to order some scrubs on eBay.

The largest hospital in Austin (and only one with a level 1 trauma center so they some nasty cases) had to put a bunch of signs up around the ER and ICU telling people to stop hunting Pokemon in restricted areas of the hospital.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

They really should populate the area around graveyard PokeStops and gyms with Ghost-types. I have no qualms about capturing someone's dear old grandfather and forcing his ghost to fight on my behalf after naming him "Fifth Element".

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Shifty Pony posted:

The largest hospital in Austin (and only one with a level 1 trauma center so they some nasty cases) had to put a bunch of signs up around the ER and ICU telling people to stop hunting Pokemon in restricted areas of the hospital.

"Do not attempt to catch Pokémon in the ICU, or Security will justify your presence in the Unit".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

GlitchThief posted:

Me: Should I go outside today?
Pokevision: Nah

But you could be hatching eggs

Shifty Pony posted:

Where else am i supposed to find a lampent?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Is pokevision super jank for anyone else? It doesn't seem to show everything for me. Pokebliss shows a lot more pokes in the area than pokevision.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

The Nastier Nate posted:

I've found there are a lot of gyms in airports and TSA lines.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Us ingress players got really bored in airports.

You're welcome

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

See the idea is to catch a plane at those places

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Smithfield PD in VA posted this on their Facebook page:

Smithfield PD posted:

Pokemon Go

The rarest Pokemon of all has been spotted in the Smithfield Police Department processing room: Ditto!

Since it so rare we can only allow a limited number of people in the building to capture it. We put the mainframe computer in the basement to work and came up with a list of random citizens eligible for this rare opportunity. If your name is on the list below, you are one of the lucky folks invited to come to the Police Department for the capture!

Marc Eley Burton
Terry Carsolerick Cobb
Anrea Irma Goins
Neshaeka Divonne Harkless
Karolyn Yvonne Heath
Henry Lanauze
Cydny Charleston Lewis
Wilbur Pair

This list will be updated periodically, as long as Ditto hangs around!

Apparently, it's a list of wanted criminals. I hope this works. :allears:

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Shifty Pony posted:

17 magikarp and a pidgy.

17 magikarp? That's like 10% closer to a Gyrados.

Last time I dropped a lure, I got 4 pokemon... total.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

The Smithfield PD in VA posted this on their Facebook page:

Apparently, it's a list of wanted criminals. I hope this works. :allears:

that's hilarious

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

They really should populate the area around graveyard PokeStops and gyms with Ghost-types. I have no qualms about capturing someone's dear old grandfather and forcing his ghost to fight on my behalf after naming him "Fifth Element".

So basically gastlys and nothing else

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Good.

Yes, they need to fix the in game tracker but seriously, it ruins the spirit of the game entirely and it was a pretty huge turn off for me when I found out about them.

Overnight all the the local PoGo hotspots I frequent went from hundreds of people spread out to hyper concentrated clusters of people all standing in the exact same spot, not actually walking anymore, waiting for spawns to flip while staring at whatever data scraping app they're using.

Pretty loving weak rear end poo poo if you ask me. I was happy when that garbage got ousted from Ingress and I'll be thrilled when it happens here.

I would gladly pay money for a bigger radar and not have to deal with all the walking around to find stuff.

I'm a busy adult with plenty of things to do. It's nice knowing I can go down a certain path To lunch to catch something. These apps are a blessing.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Thanks to Pokevision I was able to spot a Venusaur, and thanks to my bicycle I was able to ride over to it just before it despawned. I caught the sucker and then the servers suddenly started being lovely. Yeah, I do think I'm done playing for today.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Astro7x posted:

I'm a busy adult with plenty of things to do. blessing.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough at this.

Cool, so am I.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

that's hilarious

are you going to go???

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Shifty Pony posted:

17 magikarp and a pidgy.

I just used a lure. Four pidgeys and a kakuna.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Drythe posted:

are you going to go???

no, are you

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Question. How do I choose which Pokemon to evolve? I have a couple Pigeotto that are close in CP. one is XS with lovely attacks, and the other is XL with slightly better attacks.

My Zubat went from being XL to XS when it evolved and it's moves become worse as well. Is it just completely up to chance?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nessa posted:

Question. How do I choose which Pokemon to evolve? I have a couple Pigeotto that are close in CP. one is XS with lovely attacks, and the other is XL with slightly better attacks.

My Zubat went from being XL to XS when it evolved and it's moves become worse as well. Is it just completely up to chance?

You don't. You just keep grinding for candies and startdusts until level 40, looking for the Pokemon with perfect IVs, and then you dump them all into them to make 1 ultimate Pokemon.

Unforgiven
Sep 4, 2007
Who needs redemption?
Disappointed, I haven't been able to log in for two days...

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

no, are you

Tracers arent war criminals

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

pokemongo dot j peg

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Kheldarn posted: