Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

:sweep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

That acceleration by Sagan though, hoooly poo poo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I enjoyed Kirby only being able to say Kittel even though it was Griepel

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

That camera shot was amazing

drat, thought must have been a track cam but was just one amazing moto cameraman

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Kittel is a wasteman

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sagan just mistimed his sprint I think, if he'd have started at the same time as Greipel he'd have done him on the line.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Smirr posted:

That acceleration by Sagan though, hoooly poo poo

I reckon he might have got it if his back wheel hadnt bounced

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

So close for sagan

Baby crying because it was hired by a pr firm to make froome look human and doesn't know who he is.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Tinkoff pulling out because of Sagan 2nd.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Hmm looks like Porte finished 5th in the worst Tour of all time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Tour was fun, Froome won by outriding everyone rather than absurd climbing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think he should get a star next to his name and a full listing of his team in the footnotes.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Woah there buddy, didn't you get the memo?

It was poo poo and no one enjoyed it. Make sure you let others know you disliked it even more than they did

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

absurd climbing makes it too obvious

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Edit: Actually no. Dumb post.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

(^did you actually think I was being serious? Amazing)

So quintana is skipping Rio with a mystery illness he picked up in France

Avoiding the testers for a bit before the Vuelta?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Skarsnik posted:

(^did you actually think I was being serious? Amazing)

So quintana is skipping Rio with a mystery illness he picked up in France

Avoiding the testers for a bit before the Vuelta?

I didn't think you were actually serious, but still thought about making the joke I did, then thought better of it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is the mystery illness a classically French, existential ennui? Because he looked a bit like that riding the tour.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Someone said it earlier, at least Sky only go for one or two races per year. I can still enjoy all the spring classics and the Giro next year.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/vrdaam/status/757660687233581056
Lol

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
best thing about this time of year is that its like 340 days till the TdF

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

poo poo, we need those 5 US viewers back!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kimbo305 posted:

poo poo, we need those 5 US viewers back!

It's worth noting Tom isn't even one of them. Hey might have dropped it in passing but he doesn't own a television.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
3 so far unnamed Russian cyclists have had their samples from London 2012 test positive. Its not Zakarin.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Sky sports reckon it is

The trio were not named but are understood to be recent Tour de France stage winner Ilnur Zakarin, double Olympic bronze medal winner Olga Zabelinskaya and team pursuiter Sergey Shilov - all three have served doping bans in the past.

Also 3 further cyclists pending, or is that the 3 you meant?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Zakarin was loving charged in the TDR last year. How he wasn't caught is now clearly less a mystery, even the presenters couldn't hide their disgust on air after the time trial. How do you carry out a genuine winners interview with a dude that had already been caught doping before he could buy beer.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Today's funny Zakarin news with bonus Giro ad featuring him wearing their helmet while all doped up on dope.

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/07/blocked-from-rio-games-zakarin-heading-to-clasica-san-sebastian-instead/

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Very impressed clean Sky managed to beat all these dirty dopers!

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

This is why track is so much better.

There's significantly less genetic variance in response to anabolic steroids than to blood boosters, so everyone is on a mostly even field!

Stop giving viewer numbers to emaciated mutant Africans and watch horsepeople on hgh go really fast and get huge splinters.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're like racehorses who don't get shot as often.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gibbo posted:

This is why track is so much better.

There's significantly less genetic variance in response to anabolic steroids than to blood boosters, so everyone is on a mostly even field!

Stop giving viewer numbers to emaciated mutant Africans and watch horsepeople on hgh go really fast and get huge splinters.

True except for the pursuit riders which are just more british fraud

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should do cycle steeplechase so all those guys who pull out the sick bunnyhops over crashes can show their skills at the olympics.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Paddyb posted:

Today's funny Zakarin news with bonus Giro ad featuring him wearing their helmet while all doped up on dope.

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/07/blocked-from-rio-games-zakarin-heading-to-clasica-san-sebastian-instead/

They seem to have an affinity for bad rear end dudes who just dgaf!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

goatface posted:

They're like racehorses who don't get shot as often.

They shoot up on the reg tho :ssh:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

goatface posted:

They should do cycle steeplechase so all those guys who pull out the sick bunnyhops over crashes can show their skills at the olympics.

Cyclocross should be an olympic event in place of mountain biking which is horrible to watch.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

True except for the pursuit riders which are just more british fraud

True. But pursuit is loving boring.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

Paddyb posted:

Cyclocross should be an olympic event in place of mountain biking which is horrible to watch.

Yeah, cyclocross should be an Olympic sport in place of one of the 800 track disciplines, but World Cup XC is also pretty great to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Clasica San Sebastian was kind of a snooze but I'm really happy for Mollema who put in a smart attack on a short false flat after coming over the last climb with Piti, Purito, and Gallopin. He TT'd his way in with those three bickering 10 seconds behind, just like the Worlds a few years ago when Costa slipped away from Piti and Purito.

Mollema seems like a nice guy who deserved a big win. Plus in his interview he said "I've always wanted one of those Basque hats". Well, chapeau.

Only registered members can see post attachments!