Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Waltz posted:

We do stockcar racing a bit differently down south.

https://youtu.be/aGByPZWlwPU
Stockcar MXC...

:five:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

ARCA.gif

That little graphic popping up at the bottom like "business as usual". Dammit ARCA, get streaming!

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yduQ1VHKMAs
:stare:

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Waltz posted:

it's like a legend and a spint car had babies

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

:derp:

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Good Lord, when his FACE comes out the front of the helmet on the in-car. gently caress.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Brickyard 400 race weekend is some sort of special type of hell...
...it's boring, hot and never results in a good race.

Agreed :smith: My first live NASCAR race and it was absolutely miserable. I think next year i'll just stay in and watch it on TV.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I kinda wish paved series would use dirt oval pit rules and freeze your position

adding a speed limit didn't prevent them from racing as best they can on pit road, and there's too many loving unprotected people to be doing that poo poo

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
https://twitter.com/MMM_Race/status/759385140690812928

The jackman:
https://twitter.com/jonhouse233/status/759337387117907968

edit:

There's also this
https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/759389943126949888

theacox fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 30, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
if he's smart, he's done

jesus, Jr

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:negative:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I mean it's better than him getting worse but still not good.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

TheHoosier posted:

Agreed :smith: My first live NASCAR race and it was absolutely miserable. I think next year i'll just stay in and watch it on TV.
The best part of the weekend was the pit pass and signing the wall at Jr's stall.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Trucks from Pocono are typically a good race. On now on FS1.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Nice paint, SRA

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:eyepop:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also congrats on finally leading laps, SRA

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
SRA doesn't post here anymore. He's a failed idol. We should root for JWT from now on. He actually wins races.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

In his defense I'd have a hard time showing up on the Internet after that wrasslin' match too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

L_Harrison posted:

SRA doesn't post here anymore. He's a failed idol. We should root for JWT from now on. He actually wins races.

JWT showed in today's race that he hasn't missed a beat.

In that he can't go one race without beating up equipment, I mean.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Possibly Chicken posted:

I mean it's better than him getting worse but still not good.

former Texas Longhorns QB David Ash took like 6 months to get cleared by doctors just to drive a vehicle on the street, let alone consider playing football again. incase you're wondering how that story ended, he played in one more game the next year where 1 hit brought all his symptoms back and finally an adult stepped in and said 'no more'

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

L_Harrison posted:

Who wants to buy him an account?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Will I eat a probation if I troll JWT after his SA account is bought by telling him the first wreck at Gateway was probably his fault and that he's a dipshit in general?

Waltz posted:

When you said "South", I thought you meant Georgia/Alabama/the Carolinas/Florida. Cool stuff!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Holy poo poo! Pro click for sure.

Hobbs knocks that Jackie Stewart imitation out of the park.

Off air comments heard on a scanner (though that's not what that video was) can be fun. It was either the '08 or '15 Daytona 500 when I heard DW talk about what a piece of crap his laptop was. MRN guys often talk about the Sinclair sisters, who must be strippers or something else seedy from somewhere on the circuit.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Harveygod posted:

Who wants to buy him an account?

I'd recommend the username One Particular rear end in a top hat.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

LASTCAR posted:

I'd recommend the username One Particular rear end in a top hat.

Some Random Headache

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So I guess Friesen will be running Bristol, Louden, Phoenix and Homestead in the Trucks.

Projected former OCFS driver in NASCAR outlook: either jailed on drug trafficking charges or terrifying accident in a highlight reel

e- wait, no, Tighe Scott was pretty good so maybe there's hope

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 31, 2016

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
just lol: https://vine.co/v/5AMlt2vzbeO

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well, this isn't getting in today.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Well, this isn't getting in today.

You are correct

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
So, apparently, the jackman for Gus Dean that got run over isn't in the best shape and someone set up a gofundme for him.

https://www.gofundme.com/jonhouse

Text from the gofundme site:

On Friday, July 29th, Jon House was severely injured while pitting the #98 Mason Mitchell Motorsports ARCA car in Pocono. House, the jackman, was struck as the car failed to stop during a pit stop due to a brake line issue. He was then thrown over the hood of the car, striking his head on the ground busting his helmet. He remained on the ground for several minutes surrounded by team members until medics arrived. He was place in a neck brace and then taken to the infield care center. After evaluation he was then airlifted to a local hospital where he would undergo further treatment. After multiple CT scans, Doctors discovered he had two small brain bleeds and must remain in ICU for up to 5 days. House also suffered a concussion, short term memory loss, a broken toe, bruised tailbone, and multiple bruises that covered him from head to toe.

Knowing how important having family around you at a time like this is, Xcalibur Pit School flew Jon's wife and mother-in-law to the hospital to be with him.

Jon had announced the previous week that he was officially retiring from pitting Cup cars full time because he wanted to take a different career path.

We do not want the House family to have to worry about paying for the medical bills, medicine, and therapy in the future. Please help us raise as much as possible to help Jon House's Road to Recovery.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

...Tighe Scott...

:eyepop:

There's a name I haven't heard in years.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Has there been any other prominent member of the NASCAR media to use a stage name?

quote:

Rick Allen Schwieger, known professionally as Rick Allen, is a television personality, play-by-play announcer, and voice-over artist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Allen_(sportscaster)

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

L_Harrison posted:

(t'.')

mischief posted:

In his defense I'd have a hard time showing up on the Internet after that wrasslin' match too.

(t'.'t)

hope that crew guy is ok. everything i hear is iffy

Some Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 1, 2016

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MY MAN!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
*Take my breath away by Berlin starts playing, except it's all farts*

:D

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Wait did they really clear the jackman's C-Spine on the pavement?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Don't stop posting SRA you're my favorite.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh right, there's a race today.

Ugh, hate to hear that for the crew guy from the ARCA race.

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

(t'.')

(t'.'t)

hope that crew guy is ok. everything i hear is iffy

Welcome back, goon friend. Nice run at Daytona, way to knife through the wrecks. Glad you seemed to get a kick out of my crudely-drawn, spur-of-the-moment sign during intros.

Tough break at Eldora- you seemed to have a hell of a piece there, too.

e- https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/760100775255281664

C'mooooooooon Yum! Brands Cup

It's going to be Coke, though, because "We need the sponsor more than the teams do."

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I hope it's Samsung because an Asian company as title sponsor would really tweak the redneck fans.

• Locked thread