Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is Dave Lang out as ceo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

tumor looking batty posted:

Is Dave Lang out as ceo?

He's still there but not as CEO. Guessing he will be doing more programming/design and less running the business.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

https://twitter.com/JosephJBroni/status/757929874933714944

My favourite Dave Lang moment is "Wreckateer? More like wrecked my career!"

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

http://venturebeat.com/2016/07/26/former-sony-exec-adam-boyes-joins-indie-dev-iron-galaxy-as-ceo/

We're still firmly in the Lang Zone

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
The best part of watching the live bombcast is getting to watch Brad react to Jeff's funny voices.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
brad :)

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
The Overcooked quick look is sublime.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
dan's leaving

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's going to die soon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
he needs to take two years off to learn about fruit and salads

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol, jesus

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

drat...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i would be loyal to Jeff...i'd never betray him like these bastards..

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hmm that's interesting

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I don't really like him but he was ok in small doses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan's starting a new gaming website under Vice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh lol do you think with Lang no longer the CEO and Dan leaving they're going to put Dave Lang at giant bomb.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh lol do you think with Lang no longer the CEO and Dan leaving they're going to put Dave Lang at giant bomb.

thats too much dave lang

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

no because hes still high up at iron galaxy and hes not going to move his entire family from chicago to san francisco to talk on a podcast

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they are hiring ed boon though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

they are hiring ed boon though

:stonklol:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Moments ago, I finished watching the final episode of The Colbert Report, and it seemed fitting to head upstairs, pour some scotch, sit down, and write my final post for Giant Bomb. This, my friends, is it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Moments ago, I finished watching the final episode of The Colbert Report, and it seemed fitting to head upstairs, pour some scotch, sit down, and write my final post for Giant Bomb. This, my friends, is it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

patrick is such a pompous little turd

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i just got major deja vu and decided to look if i posted that exact thing before and i did: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3667348&userid=139386&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post439576767

even quoted the same part lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Beastcast is still good but I'm definitely missing Austin. They need someone young and woke to liven it up.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982 posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

i want to say that dan should go to gbeast to replace austin but in my heart of hearts i know it wouldnt be a good fit

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Soral posted:

i want to say that dan should go to gbeast to replace austin but in my heart of hearts i know it wouldnt be a good fit

that might be wats happening according to comment

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Danny is kind of wasted without Dan which would suck but kinda looking forward to Alex's utter contempt for Dan if he goes Beast Coast

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hmm that could be good. I thought they had a good rapport when he was out there.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bye Patrick, again http://kotaku.com/farewell-kotaku-1784716337

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fumaofthelake posted:

Danny is kind of wasted without Dan which would suck but kinda looking forward to Alex's utter contempt for Dan if he goes Beast Coast

I hope Vinny and Alex can make him into a man instead of festering under Jeff and Brad's dead eyes

Soral
May 30, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

It is with a heavy heart that I begin to say my goodbyes, readers. It’s been an honor to be part of Team Kotaku for the last two years.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Best comment:

I've never been a fan of your work. At all. But I wish you the best.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

People have a lot of opinions about Kotaku, some fairer than others. But in my time here, in the company of excellent colleagues, I can make this much clear: the people who wake up every day to write for Kotaku care deeply about it. No one is perfect, and lord knows I’m not, but on good days and bad, Kotaku’s staff passionately spends their time trying to build the best gaming website possible.

See you in another life, Kotaku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Self indulgent bitch boy